Red moon notice

By SaberTrueno86

"Mia!? Alice!?" He yelled getting up, he didn't even bring a torch, didn't even plan to stay out so late, squ... More

Introduction
Ripped from me
It came in fives
Peppy partner
A woman's touch
In a castle of glass
A new leaf of respect
A hailstorm of gunfire
Dinner?
Superstition
Riding shotgun
Pursuit
My partner
Dale Faust
Eddie's note
Bad omen?
Another murder
A possible copycat
Suspect in cuffs
Interrogation
Another suspect
Three sets of prints
Bad security
Not the cells in his brains
Not doing your job
Doesn't look evil
The boss
Two killers
An insult
Spike
Bird cage
One girl too small
Farewell cruel world
Red Notice
Women like her
Nosy press
The suit...
Behold its Alice
Unexplained attacks
We meet again

Apex

10 3 22
By SaberTrueno86

After the forensics squad came to collect the blood and swab the machine gun for prints Angela and Tom was off to the department again, unfortunately thanks to the call in for 'Blood' and a fingerprints check on a firearm, wind has carried the chase they had to Warren Jones, and he was furious.

"This is the second damn time! The second time you don't call for backup!" Jones yelled making Tom glance at Angela's ducked face.

"Jones! When always the last time you saw action!?" Tom shouted back.

"What does that have to do with anything!?"

"Did you forget how fast things happen in the heat of the moment! This time I wasn't alone dammit!"

Jones looked at Angela who still refused to make eye contact "And you? Psychiatric forensics analyst!? Where did you brains run off to!?"

"Jones it was my fault I ordered her to punch the gas!" Tom said again.

Warren pointed at them "You're off the case!"

"What!?" They both asked.

"Day two MacMillan! You're not a dumb nut! I brought you in because you're smart!"

"I've been working on the Butcher case for three years Warren! I practically boned the Butcher like I did my wife!" Tom kept yelling not caring if Angela wanted to say something.

"That's why you're staying and she's going"

"I refuse" Tom said making Warren leer him.

"If she goes I'm also off, she's just what I needed to boost this case!"

"And yet you go chase after organised crime! I thought this was the butcher case!?"

"It might be man! Moe was the one who reported the latest murder and now he's dead!"

Angela never saw anyone fight with their captain like Tom did, she would never bark at the WV captain like this.

Warren stood away from his table blowing through his lips, then pointed again "Last chance! You two could have died!"

"Yes Chief!" Tom said walking out but Angela remained.

"Anything else MacMillan?" Warren asked.

"No sir" she said and left.

In his office Angela came in and closed the door, he saw the look on her face and its the first time he saw her oppressed.

"Jones is an A-hole Angela, don't take him seriously" Tom said.

"I didn't, what kept running through my mind was that I almost got us killed"

He walked over to her and grabbed the strap of her tank top then drew her against him.

"And now is my turn to nail you about myself!"

"What!?" She asked feeling the lack of personal space.

"You knew I was in Iraq! I hate a 'know-it-all' but take that into consideration would you!? I took that bastard out with one shot! And if the driver dared lift a gun he would have been next! They would have died not us!" He said sternly "I won't be underestimated as well Angela..."

Their faces close to each other made Tom see the beautiful detail in her irises, his anger subsided slightly but for some reason he didn't let her go, this close she was as stunning as she was from afar, only now in extra definition, Tom felt his stomach turn, she's gorgeous.

They edged closer slightly, her hands already on his chest out of subconscious reaction during his grab and she felt his risen heartbeat.

He let her go and stood back "Sh- I'm sorry"

"I..." She blew out tension combing her hair back, both of them blushed in their faces.

"Is it hot in here?" He asked picking up the remote and turning on the AC.

"Yeah, must be" she said walking to the table and scanning the photos again.

Tom looked at her but she only gave him a glance, that was close, he would have for damn sure kissed her.

"So what's next?" She asked.

"That machine gun" he said reaching for the paper bag and carefully took it out, resting it on the table.

Angela scanned it top to bottom then turned it around "Nothing, it seems they removed the serial number" she said and looked at him.

Tom remembered a critical detail about that chase, and it had him on edge, if it wasn't for Angela's sad face he would have agreed with Warren to let her return to Blue fields, but he just couldn't, every cop, detective and soldier faces Hell sometime in their life, she has to deal with the truth.

"Were not dealing with just any organized crime unit here" he said taking the weapon from her and removing the magazine.

"How so?" She asked.

Tom made sure the weapon was safe, then swiftly popped a few levers and presses then took the entire thing apart, spreading each individual part to match an exploded version of the firearm.

"It might be just the one bloke but to be sure..." He took the frame of the weapon and scanned it, it revealed his worst fear.

"Tom?" She asked seeing his face.

"Look, the entire weapon has serial numbers, almost on each of their parts" he said taking the barrel, it too, scratched off "These men are trained well, its making me worry"

Angela watched him when he looked at her, but she instantly got the idea and hipped her fists.

"So you wanted to agree with Warren to send me back?"

"No, well yes but..."

"Then why defend me!?"

"Because this is our job Angela! You signed up for it!"

She blinked.

"All you need to know now is, it might be ex soldiers we're up against, not just some goons"

"How did you figure that out? Anyone can file off a serial number?" She asked.

"The way that guy aimed down is irons before I shot him, an inexperienced goon would just stick his arm out and spray us with led, that twat wanted to place marked shots on us, he was trained"

There was a tiny trickle of unrest in the way she looked at him, almost like what he just said didn't quite graft with her, but she sucked in her lip and looked at the weapon parts on the table.

"I've heard of such a gang, it might be worth looking at" she said.

Tom stood closer "I'm listening"

"They simply go by the name Apex, I don't know why any mafia or cartel would choose such a name but they're good, made their rounds in Blue fields regularly, did some weapons smuggling, drugs, narcotics, even ladiez" she said the last word with twitching fingers and a strange smile without joy.

"You seem like you know these guys?"

"Oh, I know them pretty well, but that's not to say it 'is' Apex, it's just the only gang I know of that has trained men" she said popping another tablet of gum in her mouth.

Tom eyed her without saying anything, she got the idea when he lifted an eyebrow "The last time I saw them was about three years ago Tom, but I'll ask someone from Blue fields to send me some information about them"

"Oh!? You already have info about hem?"

"Of course, they were the gang I was investigating back then, but I drew out of it"

"You? Drew out? You're too stubborn for that..."

She smiled and slowly lifted her shirt, Tom felt his blood start to sizzle a little, it was a very seductive gesture from her, even that smile, but just as her hands had she shirt half way over her white secret bra she stopped, and there he saw the five spots where she got shot... Five times flush under her breasts.

"They purposefully missed my heart to make an example of me" she said not dropping her shirt and blowing a gum bubble "Do you now see a little into my world Tom?"

He looked up from what he also couldn't have helped notice was a very toned middle to her smirking face.

"Well Angela, if it brings back bad memories, then give me the number, I'll phone"

She dropped her shirt "Its on my sim, in my toilet dipped phone remember?"

Tom checked his watch, the events of their planned but not planned day had it already at lunch, so he took all the parts of the weapon on his desk and threw it into the brown paper bag again.

"Lunch? I could do with a Borito, or even a Taco would do" he said stashing the paper bag in a safe and locking it.

She picked up her handbag "Didn't take you for a Mexican food type?"

"Really? Those are quick meals remember? On the go stuff"

"Don't you usually eat fish and chips?" She asked smiling as they stepped out and Tom made sure he locked his office.

"I figured you're not a fan of the fish and chips? What would you like to eat then?"

She shrugged "I'm an easy gal Tom, my favourite is the good old fashion meat pie, or even a hotdog would do"

He smiled at her as they got to the car "Then I'll show you a cute little fast food stand that sells both"

"Aren't you considerate?" She smiled getting in.

"Well this is my town, and I need to show you a little of it right?"

"Sure" she smiled feeling Tom was a tad but too happy at this moment, she drove out and gave him a glance, he first pointed her in the right direction then cleared his throat, but she spoke first.

"Don't get any ideas Tom! You're a good guy but just because I showed you the color of my bra and the skin of my belly doesn't mean were off to second base!" She said with a grin.

He had to laugh at that "Oh no detective MacMillan, I would like to know Angela a little more since she knows me so well"

Her grin dropped.

"What'd wrong Angie? You go all googly spooked every time I talk about your past? So? Tell me about it?" He asked in her accent.

She scoffs with a smile then bit her lip again "Well then, I guess its only fair right?"

"Yeah, oh turn left here" he said pointing.

After she made the corner she glanced and saw he still watched her waiting.

"I ran with that gang as a teen Snyders... Those where some dark days"

Author's note

Ah a little background taste of Angela, peeked your interest?

Thanks for the read.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Khalifa By laiba

Mystery / Thriller

2.1M 118K 56
✵ featured ~ ❝Once upon a time in Baghdad, a street girl teaches the Khalifa of the kingdom why a king needs a queen.❞ ✵ Started: June 5, 2021. Comp...
111K 2.6K 12
حسابي الوحيد واتباد 🩶 - حسابي انستا : renad2315
24.5K 3.7K 36
مــن نــەم زانـیـبـوو ئـەو پـیـس تـریـن و گـەورەتـریـن مـافـیـای سـەر ئـاسـتـی ئـاسـیـایـە.... "دووبارە ھەوڵی ڕاکردن لەم ماڵە بدەیت ھەڵبژاردن لەنێوان...
5.7K 268 20
In which flora mikaelson is reborn in to Harry Potter older twin sister Kol mikaelson x fempotter Please leave a comment Love y'all-rose No mine