SONDER. | Short Series

By 90samourdaay

"Sonder - noun. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own... More

i | Sonder ❦ (prelude)
ii | Sonder ❦ (1)
iii | Sonder ❦ (2)
iv | Sonder ❦ (3)
v | Sonder ❦ (4)
vi | Sonder ❦ (5) 1/2
vii | Sonder ❦ (5) 2/2
viii | Sonder ❦ (6) 1/2
ix | Sonder ❦ (6) 2/2
x | Sonder ❦ (7)
xi | Sonder ❦ (8)
xiii | Sonder ❦ (9) 2/2
xiv | Sonder ❦ (10) 1/2
xv | Sonder ❦ (10) 2/2
xvi | Sonder ❦ (11)
xvii | Sonder ❦ (12) 1/2
xviii | Sonder ❦ (12) 2/2
xix | Sonder ❦ (13)
xx | Sonder ❦ (14) 1/2
xxi | Sonder ❦ (14) 2/2
xxii | Sonder ❦ (15)
xxiii | Sonder ❦ (16)
xxiv | Sonder ❦ (17)
Question

xii | Sonder ❦ (9) 1/2

3.3K 279 118
By 90samourdaay

*oop. New character alert. ;) didn't I say never get too comfortable?*

Please ignore any and all mistakes.
————————————————

— BEATING DOWN YO BLOCK —

Watched a couple hoes switch up on me, I hate I seen that (ew)
We got dirty money so you know we had to clean that
Can't fuck with niggas that got hoes, I won't get in between that (uh-uh)
We toss niggas around we treat these niggas like they bean bags (bitch)
Niggas think they playa 'til they meet a real P bitch
And I taste like sugar but ain't a damn thing sweet bitch (the fuck?)
I will never let another nigga try me like no weak bitch
I'm pretty but I'll take a nigga life and that's the tea bitch (for real)

•••••

Sincere kept her eyes straight as she crossed her legs, wondering why the hell she was called into work so early. It was currently eight in the morning, 38 degrees outside, so she was bundled up head to toe due to how chilly it was in New York. Since it was early in the morning, she expected it to warm up a little later, so she wasn't too upset.

Her mind wandered back off to why she might be here. It's been a little over 2 weeks since she's been given any commands, especially with her overseeing most of the drug flow that's been in and out of the city. So she knew whatever she was called in for had to be important.

"Sincere please come join me in my office." Demetrius called out, interrupting her thoughts.

She stood up and quickly made her way into his office, making sure to shut the door behind her. Demetrius was big on keeping his other identity and life a secret. He was the CEO of a major technology corporation and had to move smart because of how federal his surroundings were. Since his actual job required him to be in the publics eye, Demetrius kept very few people that was tied to his secret life around his place of business.

Sincere was his right hand, his second in command, his number two. She had become one of his most loyal and trusted soldiers, which is why he has allowed her to take control of things. He was building her up to eventually take over, when he did officially retire from the drug game.

Demetrius found Sincere when she was 16 years old on the streets. He had learned that she was a runaway and that she had killed her foster dad for molesting her and attempting to rape her. Usually there was no place in his world for women, but he saw a lot of fight in her eyes and took her in. She became a friend, a little sister, and a partner to him.

There are something's that you just can't teach people. Very few people have real survival skills, and Jasmine had it. That's exactly why she's been so successful in the drug game.

She didn't choose this life, it chose her.

Nah it saved her.

Without saying a word, she plopped down into the seat across from him and crossed her arms. Sincere was a woman of very few words, which is what made her so feared. She was fearless, ruthless, and yet through the eyes of many she seemed harmless. Demetrius found it hilarious, knowing how fast she'd pull a trigger.

"I bet you're wondering why I called you in," He started, clearing his throat. She didn't say anything as she crossed her arms.

"Remember that guy I was talking too in Austin? Well he was in need of a new situation, and with us both wanting to expand, we decided it would be smart to team up. More money, more opportunities, and a better shot at eventually taking over the west."

"You sure you can trust him?" She questioned, raising her eyebrow. Trust was always her first concern. Demetrius wasn't some regular king pin, he was in control of the whole entire northern-eastern part of the states, including Florida. He didn't have room for any fuck ups, simply because of who he was.

He smiled to himself. "Antwan is a smart man, he knows who I am and what comes with working with me and not against me. But of course you can never put your trust in someone without them earning it, which is why he's sending his number 2 Ace out here to work with us. More specifically with you."

Sincere's face scrunched up slightly. "What you mean?"

"Well as we both know, since that last mistake we've been in clean up mode. Unfortunately, there are still a few stains that need to be cleaned up, but some are proving to be harder to clear up than most," He sighed, scratching his beard. "So this kid from Austin was recommended to help us with our problem, to help establish a line a trust. According to Antwan, Ace is one of the best cleaners he's ever had and he's going to be the main one leading this expansion for us."

She took a deep breath, knowing exactly what he was requesting. "So what exactly are you needing from me?"

"After he helps you with our problem, get close to him, find out who he is and what he's about. I need to know his intentions, his dreams, his goals, his aspirations, and what his boss Antwan really want's from this partnership. I simply can't hand over anything to someone I don't know anything about, especially after this last situation. I trust that you can take care of this right?"

Sincere nodded slowly. "Of course I can, just leave it to me. I'll have all your answers. I do have one question though, when you say get close to him what do you mean?"

"Mhmm," Demetrius hummed in thought. "That's up to you completely. As long as you get my answers, I don't care how you get them. But I do advise moving safe, we don't know this guy and we don't want to underestimate him."

She nodded. "Okay. When are we expecting his arrival?"

Demetrius picked up his phone and seen a new text came through. "Today actually. He just touched down at JFK 30 minutes ago. You should go pick him up, introduce yourself, then give him a lil classic welcome to the big Apple tour. Especially since you're about to be partners for a lil while."

"You aren't worried about those stains... causing trouble?"

Demetrius smirked a little. "No in fact I hope they do cause trouble. The quicker they reveal themselves, the easier it will be to clean up the mess. Right?"

"I hear you." She replied, unfolding her arms. "Is there anything else you need?"

"Nope. I'll be checking in from time to time, but this is your lead. Trinity has been on my ass about not being involved with the business as much as possible. So I don't need her thinking I'm hardheaded."

Sincere laughed and shook her head. "She's not dumb you know. She definitely knows your hardheaded D."

He smacked his lips and pointed to the door. "Girl get out."

She laughed harder and stood up from the chair, reaching over to shake up with him. "I'll keep you up to date on what's going on, keep an eye out. Stay safe."

"Girl I'm always careful, you better stay safe. Watch yo back and definitely watch your front, cause you never know when you're shaking hands with the very person who snaked you."

"True that." She agreed, turning around to leave. Demetrius followed her out with his eyes before shaking his head.

All he wanted to do was get up and go help her, but he really was trying his best to slowly but surely fall back from his beloved drug empire.

One day at a time.

•••••

Amire cleared his throat as he answered the phone, watching his surroundings. He was still at the airport waiting to be picked up. "Wassup ma."

"I'm not gonna lie I miss you."

Taivon's voice brought a smile to his face as he leaned against wall. "Girl I just left today."

"Okay and? I didn't realize that you were leaving for god knows how long! Like we literally just took baby steps into a positive direction and boom now you're gone." He knew she was frowned up.

He sighed. "Soon as I take care of things here I'll be back Tee. We talked about this."

"I hear you," Her voice still sounded sad. "I understand you had to go and take care of your grandmother. I just wish she lived here instead of Atlanta. Speaking of how was your flight?"

"It was good. I forgot how cold it can get in Atlanta during November." He chuckled, lying straight through his teeth. There was no way in hell he could tell Taivon where he actually was, because she'd ask to many questions.

When explaining why he had to suddenly leave, he told her his grandmother needed him and with the help of connections on the college board, he was able to switch over to remote learning for the remainder of the semester. He didn't know how long he was going to be away, so it was the safest lie. He didn't want too, but he knew he had too.

"Well you still gone come visit me whenever you get the chance right? Especially with you possibly being gone until the new year."

"Of course," He licked his lips. "I'ma fly back for a few days."

"Well I can be patient till then, but I deserve an actual date or something." She joked, making him laugh.

"I gotchu mama, you know that. Hold it down for me during this lil time apart and I'll give you whatever you want." He smirked, knowing his double meaning.

"You so nasty." She laughed. "But I have to study for this exam coming up, so I'll talk to you later right?"

"I said I was gonna call you every night woman."

"I'm just making sure!" She smacked her lips. "Bye mean ass."

"Don't say bye, I'll see you later." He knew that made her smile as it grew silent on the other end.

"See ya later Mir."

He smiled and hung up the phone, looking up at the sound of someone clearing their throat. He froze when his eyes landed on the extremely attractive girl standing in front of him. He couldn't even help but to check her out before meeting her eyes again.

"Can I help you?" He questioned.

"You're Ace right?"

He made a face. "Depends on whose asking."

Sincere just smirked at him. "I'm Sin, your new partner while you're here. I was sent to pick you up so let's go, we got places to be."

He was a little shocked, because he didn't know what to expect. When Antwan said D's second in command was a girl, he surely wasn't expecting her to look like that. His first thoughts was how in the hell she even got into this life.

He grabbed his suitcase and stood up, towering over her a few inches. "Where we going? Cause a nigga cold as fuck. Y'all New Yorkers a different breed living like this."

She laughed and shook her head, eyeing his appearance. "Yeah I would be cold too with that flimsy ass coat you got on. Come on I'll take you somewhere to get you a real coat," Her eyes fell to his Jordan's. "And some appropriate shoes cause it's definitely going to snow tonight."

"Sounds like a plan partner." He smirked at her.

•••••

Chapter 9, Part 1/2 🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15 2 9
Being someone's everything isn't easy, especially is you don't know. Miscommunication and misinterpreted words lead to the loss of the ones you love...
22.4K 386 20
[𝙍𝙄𝘾𝙃𝙄𝙀 𝙏𝙊𝙕𝙄𝙀𝙍 𝙓 𝙍𝙀𝘼𝘿𝙀𝙍] ↳ 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝, summer unexpectedly turns into a adventure full of new friends, new fears and new feel...
11K 589 36
pe·cu·li·ar·i·ty pəˌkyo͞olēˈerədē/ noun an odd or unusual feature or habit.
895 50 25
You ever felt so much love for another person? Not the feeling of love you feel about a family member, the love that consumes you, the love you would...