SHATTERED HEARTS

By ServantofKhaliq

"Dreams and expectations"...the very forces that pull you up and when you are soaring high it knocks you down... More

Authors Note
Ch.1.Living and Loving for the sake of Allah!
Ch.2.Don't be Sad...Allah knows!
Ch.3.You are the Queen of this beautiful Kingdom...!
Ch.4.Beginning to Trust!
Ch.5.And the broken halves then shattered to pieces...!
Ch.6.Repentance and Turning to Allah...!
Ch.7.Going back home...!
Ch.8.It's all about...Fate !
Ch.9.The most precious keepsake...!
Ch.10.HasbiAllah is the best solution...!
Ch.11. Life goes on.......!
Ch.12.Welcome back home to Sundarnagar...!
Ch.13.We met again......!
Ch.15.When Fate comes into play....!
Ch.16.May be, One day.......!
Ch.17.Do you remember me...?
Ch.18.Lost in thoughts....!
Ch.19. The Uninvited Guest...!
Ch.20. He is my long lost friend....?
Ch.21.There is more to this....!
Ch.22.Avoiding the Shaykh brothers....!
Ch.23.Speaking of marriage....!
Ch.24.A heartbroken mother's wish....!
Ch.25.Parting is always painful....!
Ch.26. Believe in the Qadr of Allah...!
Ch.27.Am I beginning to fall in love...?
Ch.28. The marriage proposal.
Ch.29.The best thing in the world...!
Ch.30. Happily engaged...!!!
Ch. 31.Something just doesn't feel right...!
Ch.32.My shattered heart just can't shatter anymore...!
Ch.33.The new unexpected friends...!
Ch. 34.The Chivalrous Knight in a stunning Pathani...!!!
Ch.35.To Love and Be Loved...!!
Ch.36.Planning and preparations...!
Ch.37.The Engagement...!
Ch.38. 'I always have, & I always will......!'
Ch.39.Everything is about to change...!
Ch.40.He is everything I have ever wanted..!!!
Ch.41.A shattered heart is in fact a blessing...!
Ch.42.The place called Home....!
Ch.43.The Surprise Guests....!!!
Ch.44.The Beast and the knight...!!!
Ch.45.It isn't just about love....!!
Ch.46.You look so beautiful in white...tonight...!!
Ch.47.Always and Forever.....!!
Ch.48.You are the Prince of my dreams stepped into reality....!!
Ch.49.Sharing secrets and bonding with the family...!!
Ch.50.The best Friday ever......!!!
Ch.52.Forgiveness in a loving heart....!!
Author's note
A very Important Note! Do not skip!!
Ch. 51.Real Love starts after Nikah....!!!
Ch.53.Without you.............I'm completely lost...!!!
Ch.54...'You don't find love............it finds you...!!!'
Ch.55.Distance,is but,a test of True Love...!!!
Ch.56.Far in the land of gulab jamuns.....!!!
Ch.57.Behind those hazel eyes....!!!
Ch.58.It will,if its meant to be...!!!
Ch.59.Hearts are won by Love....!!!
Ch.60.Piety is more appealing than beauty....!!!
Ch.61.The More you give,...the More it returns to you....!!!
Ch.62.Expecting the Unexpected....!!!
Ch.63.Mr.&Mrs.Shaykhs as Matchmakers.....!!!
Ch.64.When Secrets Unveil....!!!!
Ch.65.Shattered hearts cannot built a Home...!!
Ch.66.True Love prevails over everything....!!
Ch.67.Bring my Beloved back to Me...!!
Ch.68.That is all that matters...!!!
Ch.69.Marry each other for the sake of Allah....!!!
Ch.69.Marry each other for the sake of Allah...!!!
Ch.70.The confusing good news...!!!
Ch.71.Towards a Happy Ever After.......!!!
Ch.72.Beyond all bounds....!!!
Ch.72.Beyond all bounds......!!!
Ch.73.Reunion of family & friends...!!!
Ch.74.Life is always full of Surprises...!!!
Ch.75.It can never be perfect,its just not meant to be!!!
Ch.76.The Dawn of Bliss...!!!
Ch.77.A love that conquered.....!!!
Ch.78.Earn Jannah by serving them...!!
Ch.79.....That is how beautiful hearts are remade...!
Epilogue

Ch.14.The girl of my dreams....!

3.8K 298 87
By ServantofKhaliq

Dedicated to ♥Someone very special♥ :)

               Amidst the breathtakingly beautiful nature's beauty that adorned the area in the proximity of Sundarnagar beach, stood the Shaykh villa in solemn quietude. It was eerily silent all around and only the slight swaying of the tree branches was heard in the background. The house that stood in the serene area  displayed the same quality as the nature around ; Silence !!

           It was completely deprived of liveliness in contrast to its state years ago; when everything around was described in terms of liveliness and cheerfulness. In association with the pin drop silence, the house was also vacant, except for one of the bedrooms upstairs.

              The bedroom was neatly arranged and everything was in perfect order. A big king sized bed stood in the middle of the room.Just a few steps away from the bed, a prayer mat was spread and a young, handsome guy in his mid 20's was sitting on the mat, deep in meditation. His eyes were closed and his form was still,as he sat in silence practicing his tasawwuf lesson.

           The wind gushed forth from the balcony and rushed to his side trying to soothe his restless soul yet the pain of his shattered heart wouldn't lessen in any possible way.His ached heart weeped and weeped and he gripped his hands firmly on his lap to contain the pain that was killing him on the inside.

           The wind blew across his handsome face, and he shut his eyes tighter making a few tears escape them silently.He was broken and devastated within.The hurt that coursed through his veins was beyond the reach of cure!

       If only he hadn't gone to the damn beach, it wouldn't have been this terrible ! Not that he wouldn't think about her otherwise,  but actually seeing her there and the fact that she belonged to someone else now was something that stabbed his very heart; his shattered bleeding heart!

         Ah! What a painful agony! 
How he yearned to just give up everything !

        Only His Creator knew what he was going through and it was Only Him who could deliver his wretched being from the pain !!!

           Afzal gently opened his eyes and glared in the distance. He had calmed down a bit after the meditation yet the pain just refused to live his side.After having spent a sleepless night, he was immensely tired and the pain that now coursed through him made it even worse!!

         He sighed heavily and stood up folding his prayer mat. He kept the mat back in its place and turned to walk out. As he turned however , he was shocked to see his best friend standing by the bed.

       "Faisal", he spoke in a tired, hoarse voice  "When did you come? "

         Faisal who was standing with his arms crossed,sighed and shook his head,"Literally half an hour ago, but to your room five minutes ago."

             Afzal looked away unable to meet his friend's eyes.

            "When I asked the maid where you were she said you were up in your room and didn't want to be disturbed. So I decided it was best to wait in the hall but I couldn't keep my patience more than half an hour.I guess you didn't hear the doorbell too?" Faisal asked, his tone full of disapproval.

         Afzal clenched his jaw still looking away,"It was not for you.I just told the maid to not disturb me if there were any guests and tell them we were out."

          Faisal walked upto him and stood infront of him scrutinising his face, "Why didn't you come with aunty and Arhaan? "

        The Shaykh family was invited that day at Faisal's place and Afzal had stayed behind because of his depressed state.

         "I was not feeling well. " He stated plainly.

          Faisal laughed sarcastically as he placed his hand on his friend's shoulder, "That's what aunty told me when  I asked her.But then I approached Arhaan, and he said it was not in his place to tell me. Afz, do you even see what you have done to yourself?"

        Afzal shoved his hand away as he spoke disgustedly,"I don't deserve any better."

         "That is not for you to decide. Ever since you have come I have been seeing your miserable state. Yet I didn't press it hoping you would tell me yourself.Remember Afz, you can fool the world, but not me." His friend spoke genuinely and Afzal immediately felt a pang of guilt for being rude to his friend.

            "I am sorry Fais", Afzal apologised and his friend only shook his head turning around to leave.

          "That is not what I want to hear.I came here to get back my best friend and I am determined to have him back. Now let's go down and sit in the garden.You need some fresh air", Faisal said firmly and walked out.

        Afzal sighed knowing there was no keeping it any longer from his best friend.Reluctantly he followed his  friend out of the house and into the garden.

        The lush green lawn gave him a soothing feeling as he stepped on it.
A white table with four white chairs surrounding it was placed in the middle of the wide spread lawn.
Afzal and his friend took their seats on opposite chairs facing each other.

               "What are Arhaan and Zul doing by the way? You could have stayed with them." Afzal spoke concerned about his brother.

          "They were planning to have a bike race." Faisal revealed and Afzal instantly frowned.

            "No way, Fais how did you allow them . Aarhu is really rough with bikes and I don't want him getting hurt now." Afzal blurted angrily.

          "Calm down, Tahir is gonna meet up with them at their usual spot and the race is between Zul and Tahir, Aarhu as usual would be their judge." Faisal stated and his friend nodded thoughtfully.

                 Silence fell upon the two friends,neither of them speaking a word. Afzal stared down at his intertwined fingers as his agonising thoughts seized him back again.

           "Speak up Afz, the more you keep it in the more it will haunt you",
Faisal broke the silence staring intently at his friend.

             Afzal shook his head and ran a hand through his hair in frustration,
"It's not worth discussing."

            Faisal leaned ahead on the table staring straight into his friend's eyes,"If it is hurting you so deep, than its definitely worth being shared with your best friend."

      "Faisal you already know that I trust you more than anyone but even if I tell you it won't do any good.There is no use crying over what's gone."

          "Afz, now you are really testing my patience. For once spill it all out and we can see later on what's gone and what's left."

          Afzal sighed in exasperation,"Fine, if you want to hear it so badly I will tell you but know that even talking about it will hurt me more."

         "But I can assure you that once you tell me InshaAllah it won't hurt you anymore because your best friend will fight against the entire world for you." Faisal promised and his friend smiled, nodding slightly.

           Afzal took in a deep breath and stared ahead, a faraway look in his hazel eyes," It all  began years back ,
I can't exactly tell you the time probably when we were in 4th or 5th grade.

         Do you remember the Qureshi family? "

        Faisal nodded,"You mean the one who started that Islamic and Quran classes years back? "

         Afzal nodded back and continued," Yeah they had a huge house where the Islamic classes were conducted once a week. And there were a few kids who accompanied their parents but they were very few so there were no special classes for kids however they were taught along
with the elders.

           You might also remember that grandpa used to take us there and we would sit with him in the men's section."

        Faisal stared confusedly at his friend unable to comprehend where he was heading,"So what's the point of all this?"

        Afzal smiled slightly," Because it all began there.

           Just so you know we kids didn't have to do much so as soon as our lessons were over we all went out into the playground that was on the opposite side of the road facing the Qureshi's house. "

           Faisal listened intently as his friend sighed and leaned back in his seat," But if you can remember well, I was never one of them .I always preferred silence and quietude and keeping to myself. So I would sit out in the garden surrounding the house.There was a  bench there, and I loved to sit on it and glance at the beautiful garden.

         It was a routine then.Every Sunday when we went to the classes I would  sit there in the garden after my lessons and when the classes were over we would all return with grandpa.

      One Sunday evening,  we had been there  as usual and I came out after my lessons only to see that someone was seated on the bench.I didn't approach but stood on one side to see who the little figure was."

        A rare smile came onto his face and Faisal knew it was something quite significant that made his friend smile.

        Afzal leaned forward on his seat and traced his fingers on the table as he spoke with a smile," After some time I went forward, curious to see who it was .And then I met her.

          She was young,probably 3 or 4 years younger than me , I can't tell exactly;But she was one cute thing!

           I stood infront of her staring at her little form,she had a round face, dark brown almost black eyes,full fleshy lips and round cheeks that were protruding slightly through her small Black scarf. "

         Faisal stared wide eyed at his friend who was lost back in his olden times.

       He just went on picturing her and talking about her, " Even then she was dressed modestly in a full sleeved shalwar kameez and black hijab.

       When she looked up at me, a frown settled between her dark brows. Yet her fair, round face appeared cuter and I resisted the urge to pinch those round cheeks that were puffed in annoyance. "

        Afzal laughed slightly and his friend was completely dumbstruck by each word he heard.

      Oblivious to his friend's surprise Afzal went on," You know what I did when she frowned? 

           I smiled. I guess she couldn't take my behaviour anymore coz she stood up and walked away and I kept staring and smiling at her retreating form.

             The next week I was a little excited to see her.So I finished my lessons earlier and went in the garden ,waiting for her at the bench.

         She came after some time taking small steps and her head down. I smiled but it soon faded as she came near and looked at me. Her brows furrowed and she took a step back.

         I didn't want her to leave so I stood up and walked a little away.Seeing me walking away she went ahead and sat on the bench swaying her legs back and forth.

        I stood away from her sight and watched her.And Faisal she was just like me.She would sit there and watch around until the classes were over and then her mother would call her back.

      I kept watching her for a few Sundays. There were a few girls her age who would approach her but she never mingled with them. Call me silly but this made me happy that atleast I wasn't the only one she didn't talk to.

      Then I thought of befriending her.So I did the first thing that came to mind. I took a big Cadbury and a little teddy along with me.

          When she came that day I went upto her and sat beside her but not too close. I sat at the far end of the bench. But then she turned away her face yet I could see a little part of her cute cheek.Call me crazy but I was totally captivated by her cuteness.

        I walked to her side and extended the gifts to her telling her that I had bought them for her.

       And her answer surprised me.She said she will not take it because a boy was giving her.

          She was the first child I met that said no to a Cadbury. "

           Afzal laughed again and shook his head. " But then she would allow me to sit beside her. And we both would sit there in silence; a comfortable silence. Although I would keep staring at her and when she would catch me staring I would instantly look away.

       Sometimes I would compliment her that her scarf  is beautiful or her bracelet is very nice and she would give brief answers like my mom got it for me or something like that.But then atleast she started talking.

       So it went on like that for almost an year I guess."

      Faisal opened his mouth to say something but shut it again as no words came out.

         An expression of hurt flashed on his face as Afzal spoke further, "Then the day came which I despise the most yet it is again a day I can never forget. The academic year had ended and the Quran classes were also going to be closed for a few weeks.

         That Sunday she came in a pink shalwar kameez and matching baby pink hijab.I don't know why she was all dressed in pink that day.Looking beautiful MashaAllah. "

       Afzal smiled and Faisal literally held the table for support astonished at the revelations being unfolded before him.

            " So then we were both sitting quitely when she suddenly stood up frowning at something ahead.I followed her gaze and saw a little kitten on one end of the garden sitting timidly as a few street dogs were barking at the gate.

          I looked back at my little friend to see a pained expression on her face. She took two steps ahead but then again the dogs barked and my cute friend backed away.

      It was like she wanted to help the kitten but was afraid to go ahead.
How could I see her in such turmoil!

       I walked upto the kitten and gently lifted the timid creature in my hands.Then I turned and walked back to her.

        When I stood infront of her she looked up at me, and Fais , trust me when I say I have no words to describe the emotions in those eyes.

        Ya Allah!  The way she stared at me.So much gratitude and affection held in those innocent eyes for me.

        And then she raised her little hand to touch the kitten.She looked up at me and I nodded assuring ly.

         I watched as her small fingers traced the fur of the kitten and all of a sudden she looked up at me, and Fais, " Afzal paused and took in a deep breath,
      "She smiled. My little friend smiled at me, the most beautiful smile I ever saw.

         I smiled back and we remained standing there taking care of the kitten. 

        But then the class time was over and people started coming out .Yet that day we were just lost in our own little world oblivious to everything around.

          That was until we heard someone. A woman in a black abaya who I guess was the girl's mom called her name and she instantly shuddered. I wanted to comfort her, tell her that I was right beside her but before that she took a step back.

        But you know what was most appealing , she didn't walk straightaway ; she took a step back staring at me and I stared back moving forward.

         Then she took another step back and I took another one forward our eyes locked to each other.

          She opened her mouth to say  something  but was cut off as her mom called her again. Then she turned, running to her mother.

         I felt something within me that I had never felt before and my mind just kept saying ,"Don't go."

          When she reached the gate holding her mother's hand , she looked back at me and again our eyes locked until those eyes faded from my view..........forever."

             "Woah, Woah!! This is absolutely not Afzal Shaykh we are talking about.How come, just how come you didn't tell me about any of this all these years? " Faisal finally found his voice.

         Afzal sighed,"It wasn't that this was the only thing on my mind.You know just a few months after that many unexpected changes took place in our family. And that girl had stopped coming after that year the reason to which I don't know till today.And I guess she went to some different school because I never saw her in ours.So I never got to tell you this.But you might remember that kitten I had brought home after that day? "

       Faisal nodded,"Yeah We used to feed it and all. "

       Afzal smiled and continued, "I took care of the kitten for 3 more years after that but then it died.And as for the girl I never saw her again. "

           Faisal thought for a while and then asked his friend,"You never asked her name?"

          "Ofcourse I did.But you know now how hard it was to make her talk so she never told her name neither asked mine. Yet I discovered her name coz I heard her mom calling her."

        Faisal instantly blurted,"What is it?"

           Afzal took in a deep breath as he spoke her name, his heart beating faster than normal,

    "Zaara, the girl of my dreams."

          Faisal furrowed his brows thoughtfully, "I think I have heard this name before.But I can't be sure.
Anyways why all of a sudden you remembered her today?  And what's with the depressed state you are in?"

       "I saw her yesterday. Well not literally.But I saw a little exactly like her and there was a woman beside her in abaya and Niqaab and I am very sure that it was Zaara. Somehow my mind tells me she was my girl .
Look what a stupid mind I have.She is no more mine and this thought Fais, this very thought hurts like hell."

       "Afz you might have misunderstood , you can't be sure it was her.We can find her now.Infact we will."

        "No Faisal, it was back then she was innocent, blameless and most importantly she came into my life at that point of time when I hadn't taken that oath."

       "Oh come on, why are you doing this to yourself?  Anyone who hears this can tell without doubt that you are head over heels in love with her?"

      Afzal laughed bitterly,"Love? A terrible person like me I can never love anyone."

       "Shut up.You don't understand at all.No guy can love her as much as you do Afzal Shaykh. For Allah's sake open your eyes."

       "Faisal I can't do that you know."

         "Keep saying that.So that was the last day you saw her? After that you sure you guys never came across. "

         "No, it was the last.And yeah do not tell Aarhu about her name.He knows it all but not the name."

          Faisal nodded and Afzal stood up walking a few steps ahead. He stared blankly as a gush of wind strolled around him trying to soothe his heart," Zaara; her name means a beautiful flower. And she was just like that a flower that bloomed in my heart once upon a time;  and then as the devastating storm of fate hit my heart shattering it to pieces the flower too faded away.Yet it's essence; it's sweet essence still courses through my being and soothes my shattered self. "

       Faisal stood up as well and came to stand by his side,"She is the one who can actually put the shattered pieces of your heart back in place and mend your life."

         "I wish it was that easy.But she is no longer here.Yet she left something. "

        Faisal stared at him confusedly, "What?"

        "Her handkerchief. A cute pink handkerchief with a brown teddy bear drawn on it,  she had brought it that day when we last met; When her mom called her she shuddered and instantly dropped it and I picked it up later when she was gone."

         "And you know what Faisal, Aarhu calls her handkerchief girl till today even though she has a beautiful name; I myself never designate her by her name ; but  my heart calls her as 'the girl of my dreams.' "

       "And Afzal , we are surely bringing this dream girl into reality."

        "A no will do.That is never gonna happen. "

         Faisal placed his hands on his friend's shoulders as he said something that made his friend think twice," All our dreams can come true if only we have the courage to pursue them. "

      Author's note: So that's the chemistry between Zaara and Afzal.
Afzal Shaykh is my favourite charecter of the story  and I love to write about him:) Let me know how many of you share the same interest as me;)

        All my silent readers, I will be happy if you express your views. I am always here to reply to your comments.

     As for my communicating readers, I am anxious to know what you think :)

        Also I hope I did justice to Afzal's feelings .If there any guys reading my story you can actually tell if I did it right.

       Take care , Stay tuned :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 16.1K 46
Highest rank #38 in spiritual. Completed meet Hatina, a young muslimah who always dreamed of being loved, but anyone she loved never loved her back...
42.4K 1.8K 24
"You are hurting yourself." I gasped while my eyes wide open listening to a deep and husky voice. I found a man sitting in front of me with frowns on...
247K 13.7K 48
'Be mine, Maya' He declared, anticipating for my response. 'I have to go' I managed to stutter, my vision getting blurry with tears. I tried to leave...
13.9K 739 36
It's a romcom story of 2 sister and their 1 bestfriend whose life get tangled with 'Mir brothers' of a well affluent family. "I don't believe in love...