Choosing Life

Por Ginnyrules27

(Sequel to Choosing Home) With the threats to them and the kingdom finally dealt with, Mal and Ben are free t... Más

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight

Chapter Four

457 20 23
Por Ginnyrules27

Freddy ducked into a nearby alleyway, panting heavily but trying to evade his pursuers. It was a torment he loathed more than anything, the day where he lost all semblance of free will unless Hades wanted to find a new way to torment him.

Which was why Freddy was not ashamed to admit he was somewhat nervous about the fact that he had been able to run and hide. Though, it had taken a bit of fight to even do that—his shirt had gotten ripped off of him though it was worth the casualty.

"Oh Fredrick!"

Freddy slapped a hand over his mouth to stifle his panting, hoping whichever of his pursuers it was who called him hadn't heard him panting.

"Come on Fredrick! Don't be a spoilsport! Evie put a lot of work into this design after all, and she wants to show it off! How can she do that without a model?"

She can find an actual baby to show it off on then! Freddy thought. It's bad enough when she makes me model her designs of women's fashion but an outfit clearly made for a baby? Has Hades gone mad?

Honestly, Freddy had to wonder why this torment had even been thought up—there wasn't any talk around Tartarus about the witch Queen having spawn of her own, so why would Hades be having babies on the brain?

Maybe it's stemming from his own recent spawn? Freddy thought. After all, the girl is what? Three now? Maybe Hades wants to add a new false God or Goddess to the world. After all, his brother Zeus knows no bounds when it comes to spreading his seed and adding to those who claim to be 'demi-Gods'.

"Gotcha!"

Freddy's eyes grew wide as his pursuers finally found him and he turned to run. However, it was clear that his pursuers were not going to be made fools of a second time as Freddy felt his legs give out from under him.

"Aww!" The copy of Evie smirked as she came into his sight. "Widdle Baby Fredrick fell down!"

Is it bad that I almost wish she would have shortened my name for that baby talk? Freddy thought.

"You know Evie, I bet it has to do with those long pants he's wearing," the copy of Uma said with a smirk as she came out of a side alley, sheathing her sword. Freddy glared as he realized that said sword must have been the thing he tripped over.

So much for free will!

"You're right, Uma!" Copy Evie nodded and Freddy wasn't going to lie, he felt a shiver of fear creep up his spine as he saw a grin begin to form on her face. If he needed to, he'd sacrifice his pants and run through Tartarus in his underwear.

Anything to avoid whatever torment Hades had in store for him.

"Harry! Jay!" Copy Evie called, the innocent note in her voice sounding out of place for the evil demon Freddy knew her to be.

"You called Evie?" A copy of Jay asked as the boys stepped out of another side alleyway that Freddy knew hadn't been there before. If it had, he would have been caught so much more quickly than he had been.

"Will you two be a dear and take Fredrick back to the ship so we can finish getting him ready?" Copy Evie asked.

"It'd be our absolute pleasure," Copy Harry said with a smirk as the boys bent down to get Freddy up. "Stay still now Fredrick, the last thing we'd want to do is hurt you. Oh no wait, that's a lie."

Freddy tried to lash out, to kick, scratch, punch, bite, anything to get away but it was as if his body was completely paralyzed.

"You know, you probably might have lucked out with a more masculine color had you just stayed put," Copy Harry said as he grabbed Freddy's arms. Copy Jay had already grabbed Freddy's ankles, clearly learning from Freddy's escape attempt before. "Evie's got dozens of designs after all. Oh well, your misery is my happiness."

"It's all of our happiness Harry," Copy Jay said with a chuckle. "But stop dawdling. We need to get Fredrick here back to the ship so Evie can get him ready for his big debut."

Freddy wasn't going to lie, he felt a pit in his stomach when he heard the copy of Jay say that. Copy-Evie had mentioned something earlier about getting to see new people and show off his 'cute' new outfit.

That was when he ran.

If what his tormenters said was true, that he would be seeing people other than them, then there was no way he wanted to be seen in whatever Copy Evie had planned.

Especially if there's a chance I could see Audrey, he thought as they made their way to his tormentor's ship. Oh yes, for some reason, today's torment had been taking place on The Lost Revenge.

Maybe it was someway to tie into the fact that his mother had been a deckhand on The Rose and so Freddy was part Pirate?

No, that couldn't be it, Freddy thought. The only people who'd know that are my father, myself, and Claudine. And Claudine definitely doesn't have the ear of Hades to come up with a torment like this. She's too busy curling up with that Rat, being a traitor to the Angels and not even trying to get the rest of the gang off the Isle!

Oh yes, Hades had 'graciously' kept Freddy well informed of the going ons of the Isle and of Claudine. That infernal television set had been playing constantly whenever he had his serving torment.

There was always time for him to be sat in front of that television set and be shown what his half-sister was doing. What his Princess of a half-sister was doing.

How has she become a Princess? She's nothing but a traitor and that's all she'll ever be! Freddy thought as the copies of Jay and Harry climbed up the gangplank.

"Looks like Harry and Jay caught themselves a prize," the copy of Henry called from the crow's nest. "Looking good Fredrick!"

Not for the first time, Freddy had to wonder how Hades learned of his loathing of his full first name and how he managed to slip it into every torment imaginable.

"Alright you Rats!" Copy Harry called. "We've got a special guest to get ready for his big debut."

"Ooh," the copy of the Tremaine brat squealed. "You mean...?"

"That's right, Tremainelette," Copy Harry nodded. "And while Evie was going to let Fredrick choose before he so ungraciously ran from us and Evie's hard work, I think that means he'd rather you choose."

The Tremaine brat grinned and then looked at Freddy. "I don't know...I wouldn't want to take Fredrick's choice from him. What do you want Fredrick? Do you want me to make the choice of your outfit?"

Freddy paused as he knew there was no way he could answer how he wanted. A question presented by one of the copies of his loathed enemies...and the Tremaine brat could only mean one thing.

"...yes...mistress...I think you should choose," Freddy said, fighting the words all the while but they came out regardless of what he wanted.

The Tremaine brat squealed and clapped her hands. "Oh I'm so glad. I'll go get the outfit ready. Harry? Will you be a dear and finish getting Fredrick undressed? Those pants won't work with the outfit I've got in mind."

"Not a problem Tremainelette," Copy Harry nodded before forcing Freddy onto his back. Freddy couldn't help the small grunt as his back met the deck of the ship.

"What? You thought I was just going to pull your pants down?" Copy Harry asked with a smirk as he came into Freddy's view. "Nah, I figured I'd do something with a bit more flair. After all, we've got a very special tool to use for such an occasion."

Unsheathing his dagger, Copy Harry held it up and Freddy's eyes widened as he saw the black handle.

He...he's going to use one of my daggers on me? Freddy thought as Copy Jay held him still while Copy Harry got hard at work removing the last shred of dignity Freddy had.

"Nice undies there Fredrick," a copy of one of the crew said with a smirk a few minutes later as Freddy stood in front of the crew of nineteen almost completely naked. If Freddy had to wager a guess, he would probably guess it had been Dustin who said that.

The only semblance of clothes he had on were his underwear—but even that wasn't a balm to sooth the humiliation he felt.

Instead of the typical dark black boxers Freddy normally wore, Hades had made it so that he was always in a pair of bright pink briefs.

I think the false God is trying to see if someone dead can die of embarrassment, he thought as he ignored the heckles from the pirate crew. It wasn't until the copy of the Tremaine brat came back that Freddy wished he could run once more.

The brat was holding two very similar outfits. Both were onesies one might think a baby would wear which were already degrading to a man such as Freddy but that wasn't the worst part of them.

No, the worst part was the fact that one of the onesies was that of a dragon—a purple and teal splotched dragon onesie with a red so light it was almost pink tutu around the waist.

And the only reason Freddy even knew the word tutu was because the copy of Evie had designed a ballerina costume for him during one of his torment days after he pushed the Tremaine brat away from him trying to get away from her 'makeovers'.

The other onesie was fairly obvious of who it represented considering the other two heads on each shoulder. It also had colors that were opposite Freddy's usual black though the yellow and dark red that he knew had to come from Jay, DeVil, and Gil the moron's colors was at least enough that it wouldn't be too bad.

"Now I wasn't sure which one Fredrick should wear," the copy of the Tremaine brat said as she looked at Harry. "I know Fredrick asked me to make the choice for him but they're both so good. Harry, which one do you think?"

Oh dear God, Freddy thought as the pit in his stomach grew at the smirk on Harry's face. Legs, if you're going to work, now would be the right time.

"Oh look he's so excited," Copy Harry said with a smirk. "I think we all know the one Fredrick would want to wear as he's shown around the general population of Tartarus. Tremainlette, let's go with the dragon onesie."

"Oh great!" The copy of the Tremaine brat grinned. "I thought that was going to be the one we would go with but you know, you never know really."

"Very true," Copy Harry nodded and then smirked. "Alright you Rats! Hold him steady."

"Wha-?"

That was the only thing Freddy was able to get out before he was rushed by the nineteen Warf Rats. Either Hades was getting bored with his usual torment or there was something extra special about today.

Hades always seemed to go out of his way when something 'special' happened. When Claudine had her daughter, for instance, the copy of Mal turned into her dragon form and spent the entire day doing nothing but tossing him in the air. Sometimes she'd catch him before he hit the ground.

Most of the time though she would be just too 'slow' so Freddy had finished that torment bloodied and bruised.

When Blueberry's boyfriend finally worked up the nerve to propose to her? Freddy spent the entire day modeling a wedding dress that the Copy of Evie worked on.

Freddy truly didn't know how Hades even knew Blueberry was working on wedding dress designs but he did—though maybe he just took Mal's dress as inspiration. Oh of course Freddy knew that Blueberry designed Mal's dress—it was one of the bits of information Hades had 'graciously' gave him.

There is going to be a bruise the size of Notre Dame on my back after all of this isn't there? Freddy thought as his back once again hit the deck of the ship. Not that the Rats cared—all they wanted to do was stuff him into that Goddamn onesie.

"Oh! I've got the perfect accessory!" The copy of the Tremaine brat squealed as Freddy was finally zipped up. Oh not because Freddy squirmed too much or anything but because the copy of the Rats spent way too much time taunting him.

"Go get then Dizzy," Copy Jay said, smirking as he yanked Freddy up off the ground and put the hood over Freddy's head. "We'll go get Fredrick here set up in his special ride as he tours around Tartarus."

"Okay Jay," the copy of the Tremaine brat said as she ran off and Copy Jay smirked as he shoved Freddy forward causing the older VK to stumble a bit as he wasn't used to the footie part of the onesie.

"Looks like Fredrick here forgot to walk," Copy Harry taunted. "Need us to hold your hand little boy?"

"Nah," Freddy froze as he heard a new voice. "We can do better than that."

"CJ, what brings you to the deck lass?"

"Same thing that brings you here Harry," the copy of CJ said as she came out of the shadows. "I heard we were tormenting Freddy and thought I'd lend a hand. After all, it's such a lovely day for a stroll around Tartarus."

Why don't I like how she put an emphasis on the word 'stroll'? Freddy thought as the copy of CJ brought out what could only be described as an adult sized version of an old fashioned baby carriage.

The base was a faded white with white wheels and a floral pattern carved into the side while the canopy and blankets were purple. Mal's specific shade of purple.

"Oh isn't that cute? He thinks we're going to let him run away again," Copy Jay smirked as Freddy turned slightly to get out of Jay's grasp. "Fredrick, get into the stroller."

Freddy glared and tried to exercise his free will but he couldn't. No matter what, unless Hades decided to grant him some to toy with him, Freddy could never say no to the copies. It was what truly made this the worst torture Hades could come up with.

"I think it might be a bit too big for the widdle baby," the copy of CJ said with a smirk. "Harry, why don't you help him?"

"I think that might be a wonderful idea, CJ," Copy Harry said and before Freddy knew what was going on, Copy Harry had lifted him up and put him inside the basket of the stroller. In a flash, his arms and legs were restrained so that there was no chance that Freddy would be able to escape.

Not that he'd be able to even if he wanted—all the copies would have to do would be to give him an order that he had to stay in the stroller and he'd be stuck there like glue.

"I figured we didn't want our baby to use his big boy words today," the copy of the Tremaine brat said as she came up to the group and held up the accessory she'd gone to get.

Yep, it's official. The Lord is testing me, Freddy thought as he saw the purple and blue pacifier with a band around it, presumably to keep Freddy from spitting it out.

"Jay, can you remove Fredrick's hood for a split second so we can put his pacy in?"

"Of course Dizzy," Copy Jay said and Freddy blinked slightly as the world gained a bit more brightness.

"Okay Fredrick, stay still now," the copy of the Tremaine brat said and Freddy felt his body seize up, like it did whenever the brat wanted to give him 'makeovers' or when Copy Evie needed a mannequin for her designs. There was nothing he could do—he had to obey.

"There!" The copy of the Tremaine brat grinned as the pacifier was put in Freddy's mouth and secured. "Okay Jay, put the hood back on."

"Got it Dizzy!" Copy Jay smirked and Freddy realized that, with the hood up with how baggy it was, it looked as if Freddy was wearing this pacifier of his own free will. How could it not look like that? Coupled with the onesie and stroller?

At least my father's not here, Freddy thought as the copies of Mal and Uma walked up to them.

"Who's pushing the stroller?" Copy Mal asked. "I understand we're taking a trip through the general populace of Tartarus?"

"I'll push it."

Just my luck, Freddy thought as his half-sister came into view. I swear to God, Claudine, when I get out of this, I'm going to make you pay for everything you and this motley crew have done to me!

"Aww, aren't you the cutest?" Copy Claudine cooed mockingly. "Honestly Fredrick, you make a better baby than a gang leader. Though considering your mom was a deck hand, I'm not at all surprised."

Well...at least with this pacifier on I can't call her captain, Freddy thought trying to find a silver lining in his never ending torment.

"I know you're wondering where we're going," Copy Claudine smirked as she looked at her brother, the copy of Henry slipping an arm through her's as they began to walk down the gangplank.

They looked like a family, a family just going out for a stroll. Never mind the fact that Freddy was older than Claudine and was a feared and beloved gang leader, not the little boy they were trying to make him look to be.

"You're not going to tell him, are you Captain?" Copy Henry asked.

"Hush you, you know how much I love it when you call me that," Copy Claudine teased and kissed him on the lips. "Though, this might just torment Fredrick more than what's actually planned."

Freddy couldn't really tell where they were going, the combination of the canopy and the hood blocked out most of what he was able to see out of his peripheral vision so the only thing he could see was the copy of Claudine smirking down at him.

The way the stroller was designed, Freddy couldn't even keep his head up comfortably so he had to lay completely on his back. Which only caused more smirking.

"Let go of me," he heard a familiar voice declare and Freddy's heart dropped. No...they weren't actually going to...

"Ah but Claude, may I call you Claude? Oh it doesn't matter because Hades has given me permission to give you an extra special treat."

"Is it the reversal of this unfortunate occurrence and I'm to be up with St. Peter and my son?"

"Unfortunately for you, no it's not," Copy Claudine spoke up and smiled at who Freddy could only assume to be Lucifer from his short interaction with him upon his death. "Lucifer, you're doing well."

"Princess, I hope you and your husband are well," Lucifer grinned.

"She's not a Princess," Frollo scoffed. "Lying is a mortal sin, if you're going to represent the Frollo name, you'd do well not to besmirch it by lying. Then again, women should be seen and not heard lest they ensnare men and lure them to temptation."

"Uh huh," Copy Claudine said, her voice flat. "And that is why I prayed for daughters for both of my pregnancies—and Lady Eileithyia was good because my husband and I have two beautiful daughters. But that's not why Lord Hades had Lucifer bring you here."

"Then what is the reason?"

"We thought you'd want to say hi to your son," Copy Henry said, an amused smirk on his face.

"Impossible," Frollo shook his head. "Fredrick lived his life devoted to God and was a good son, unlike some people I could mention."

"Well considering I'm a daughter, it'd be pretty hard for me to be a devoted son," Copy Claudine shot back. "But come look in this stroller if you don't believe me."

Freddy heard his father scoff but then he heard footsteps echoing before Freddy found himself looking at his father's face.

Or at least he thought it was his father's face. Never before had Freddy seen the man so stunned. Then again, seeing your only son in the wrong version of Hell wearing a onesie of the symbol of the girl he hated more than anyone else in the world and having a pacifier shoved in his mouth would probably stun most people.

"...so, this is how God has decided to punish me, for what I do not know. But I know such a disgrace before me could not be my son."

"Oh but he is," Copy Claudine smirked. "He heard that he was going to get to see you so he wanted to get all dressed up to impress you."

What are you doing? Freddy thought as he looked over at Copy Claudine with his eyes wide. You know as well as I that this wasn't my choice.

"Ah. Well then in that case, Fredrick, enjoy your time here in the false Hell. Our God has clearly forsaken you and I'm only glad God took you before your debauchery could make itself apparent before now. I don't know what I could have done to earn two disgraceful children."

Freddy's heart sank—he'd deny it of course and pretend like the words meant nothing to him but the only thing he wanted more than serving God and destroying Mal was his father's approval. And he thought he had that before he died.

Guess not.

"Burn down half a city to attempt to get laid when the girl in question didn't even want you in the first place? Oh and the girl was about sixteen so clearly you taught Fredrick well considering the whole Isle knows about the comment he made about CJ when she was thirteen and he was eighteen," Copy Claudine said.

Frollo glared at her. "Know your place, girl."

"That's your highness to you, Frollo," Copy Claudine said, glaring back at him. "And you know what, I think this little family reunion is over."

Finally, something we agree on, Freddy thought.

"Take care Lucifer," Copy Claudine said, giving the demon a smile.

"Thank you your highness. I hope you and the others take care as well," Lucifer said and Freddy could hear the smile on his voice. "Come along plaything, Maz will be happy to have you back in her clutches."

Freddy sighed softly as their footsteps faded. Not as soft as he thought though as Copy Claudine smirked down at him.

"Oh, you thought it was over? Just because our father called you a disgrace? Oh no Fredrick. We've got all of Tartarus to go through. Besides, you look so cute! How could we not show you off?"

Yeah, death by embarrassment seems to be the plan today, Freddy thought as Copy Claudine and Copy Henry continued their walk. His only hope was that he'd be able to see Audrey, to let her know how their daughters were doing and how Claudine was leading them down the path of sin.

But in the back of his mind, he knew he wouldn't be so lucky. After all, this was supposed to be a torment. Seeing Audrey would only be a good thing.

God, please let tomorrow be falling from Notre Dame. Or getting eaten by hyenas. Anything would be better than this, Freddy thought as his torment began anew.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

3.9K 259 17
After Mal runs off to the Isle following her fight with Ben, she comes across some old acquaintances along with some trouble. It's up to Ben, Evie, J...
6.2K 206 9
King Ben brings over another batch of VK from the Isle. Will they take to it as well as the Core Four did? What happens when one of them is in a pret...
67K 1.3K 16
Guess it runs in the family where they like people that are misunderstood. First Belle with the Beast, then Ben with Mal, and then Bella with Harry
74K 1.3K 8
☙This isn't the Isle of the Lost, Y/N!!☙/// ☙I'm not one of those pretty pink princesses, Ben.☙ ♛ Prince Ben x Reader 𓇚 Y/N returns to the Isle of t...