A TALE OF VENGEANCE

By ironlegoinaire

YURANI ALEKHYA DEVRAJ....... A name, a title and living goddess of war. Where ever she goes a faint torment o... More

PROLOGUE
NEW BEGINNING
MANTRI MANDAL
SULTAN OF KABUL
I AM WAITING TO MEET YOU
TEJAS
CONSPIRACIES IN COURT
STARTING OF BATTLE
PROTECTING THE KINGDOM
RESCUE
UNSOLVED PAST MYSTERIES
SCARS
A CASUAL STROLL
GATHERING
YOU WERE NEVER A GOOD FATHER
MEGHA
MAHA SABHA
LETTING THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG
A GLIMPSE
POISONING
SHER GHATI
RUDRADEV
BATTLEFIELD TO BLOODFIELD
AFTERMATE
KABUL
NEXT STEPS
A/N
PIRATES
CHARACTER INFO
ARRIVAL TO LECCE
WATERFALL
THE COUNTESS
CHARACTER INFO
SEASON
UNFORGETTABLE NIGHT
HEART TALK
HER DESPAIR
INNOCENT LIONESS
MINE
A TALE OF PAST
MARQUIS CARNAK DA CAMINO
A DESTROYED BALL
TRANSITION
EPILOGUE
HEY LOVELIES
A TALE FROM THE PAGES OF PAST

COURT SESSION

938 60 0
By ironlegoinaire

I was walking in Mayur garden when I heard someone calling me. I turned towards the voice to see Sulochana ji's maids and Suman are come running towards me. "Yurani. Lady Sulochana wants to meet you." I started walking towards her palace without waiting for them. I was worried sick about her from yesterday. From what I heard from maids she was unconscious for better part of yesterday. She must be resting not meeting others. Then again who I am to advise her. Her Yurani you idiot. I mentally slapped myself. On god I should really learn to excercise my power. Otherwise I am a lost cause. I sighed as I reached her palace. Oh God this places are too far away.

"Yurani. I had been waiting for you." She said excitedly trying to get up. I quickly ran up to her and caught her before she can get up. "Sulochana ji you must be resting not running around like a five year old child. The stitches might come undone." I said giving her a stern look. "I had been telling her that all morning Your Highness." Vijay ji said from behind. I looked over my shoulder to find him holding his children in each hand. I quickly took one from him as I said. "There is no need to call me Your Highness Maha Mantri. I am just a little girl."

"But it will never change the fact that you are Crown Princess and saved my children and wife." Like that damned title of mine have any value. It's more like a blank paper. In my last life he was killed by my father due to treason along with his wife. I looked towards the baby in my arms. Her yellowish brown eyes looking at me fearlessly and her hands reaching out for my face. I looked at the innocent thing in my hand amazed. "Even if it is anyone else I would have done the same thing Minister." I said nonchalantly. I don't want their gratitude. I am doing this to just repay what they did for me in last life. "But you must accept our token of gratitude." He handed over the baby to Lady Sulochana.

I did the same and frowned as he clapped and servents entered the room with platters of treasure. Gold, silver, rubies, pearls, jade along with other invaluable items. If it was my last life I would have accepted it but not now. "I understand your gratitude Maha Mantri. But I already have a lot of treasure. I know it's impolite of me to reject them but I don't need them." This materialistic things now mean nothing.

"Did you have anything else on your mind Yurani. I can present you that." He asked his eyebrows frowned together. Of course he will be thinking why in hell I refused such precious presents. "Maha Mantri that's not the meaning of my saying. I don't need anything now but I can't tell about future." I can ask his support in my future plans he will not be able to refuse due to the debt he now owe me. "I hope you will give me a chance to repay it Yurani." He said bowing his head. "The chance will come soon than you think Vijay ji." I said giving them a eeiry smile. "If you excuse me. Sulochana ji must rest." I said walking away without waiting for their reply. Just you wait Chanchala I will show you how to play the game.

The time for court came earlier than I thought. I smirked to myself. I proudly stood infront of mirror in a royal blue dress with pink chunri. I had wore minimal jewellery but enough for a Yurani. I matched it with my mother's dagger. Suman woke me up at first ray of dawn to get ready. I can't say I am not beautiful. May be I lack in some areas. But with my five feet height, tan skin and black hairs flowing past my waist you can call me pretty. I gave myself a once over and started walking towards Darbar to find Maha Mantri waiting for me infront of my palace gate. I scowled at him.

"Yurani" He said bowing to me. I gave him a curt nod. "Maharaj sent me to accompany you to Imperial Court. And this is your bodyguard." He said motioning towards a young man. I had definitely seen him somewhere. "Isn't he commander of imperial gaurds ?" I stated as I remembered seeing him training the imperial gaurds responsible for protecting the fort. He looked shocked. Of course all think I don't know anything about palace and kingdom. Well I can use that to my advantage. "By Maharaja's order today onwards he is your bodyguard."

"What I must call you commander?" I asked this is insane eyeing him a bit carefully. I don't remember him from my past life. But maybe I can use this to my advantage. "This servent is called as Karna." He said kneeling on one knee while clenching his right fist over his heart. A symbol of total submission. It is only shown to king and queen. "Yurani. I think we must leave now to reach court on time." I nodded as we marched off to court. Maha Mantri and Karna walking two step back.

As soon as walked in court all the people stood up muttering to each other that who I am. What a terrific thing is faith I am supposed to be the future monarch of this country where no one knows me. On that que the Darban announced our arrival. "Yurani Alekhya is arriving with Maha Mantri Vijay and Commander of Imperial Guard's Karna." They had no choice but to stand. Otherwise it will consider as a disrespect. All other ministers are discussing my arrival in hushed voices. I just walked up to the steps and stopped near my throne. It is smaller than the King's and Queen's but better and bigger than rest of the ministers. Well it is also above them.

Karna stood behind my throne. Watching everyone with hawk eyes as if any assassin will jump and try to attack me. I looked around to tally who-who is our ally and who-who is waiting to stab is in back. There are also some whose sides are not decided yet. They are more dangerous. Well we have majority of people on our side but main ministers like military and finance is in their side. Somehow first I have to eliminate that back stabbing bastard Senapati. Untill he is alive I can't bring down that bitch Chanchala.

"All attention!!! Maharaj Arun are arriving with Maharani and Senapati." Maharani my foot I thought as the voice of Darban announced as soon as Maharaj arrived. I found myself standing with rest of the court. Soon my father's eyes found mine. He gave a assuring glance. I looked back at Chanchala. Who is covered top to bottom in pearls and diamonds like most of the ladies. She marched up to the podium and went and sat behind the veil arranged for ladies. Me being young and unmarried I got the chance to sit with rest of the court. She sneered in my direction as if wondering how I got inside Darbar or thinking how she is going to throw me put of here. I looked at her coldly.

She looked visible shaken to see Karna by my side. He is watching all this exchange with amusement. "I have a announcement for all my ministers and courtiers." He stood up to say as if sensing the confusion spread across the court like webs. " Today onwards Yurani Alekhya will be able to take part in all the responsibility related to her. Her position must be come to equal to that of a Yuvraj." First a silence spread through the court and then followed by intense protest. Chanchala's eyes are practically bulging out. I can feel her seething gaze 9n my back.

"Your Highness I don't doubt your decision. But a critical matter like this must be discussed throughly before passing." Few of the Chanchala's lapdogs pleaded. But his face harden in return. "Your words are contradicting your actions. You said you have faith in my decision but still you want to discuss it." He practical shouted at the ministers who are kneeling and trembling. In my entire life never once he had looked this angry at anyone. I saw towards the rest of the council they all are shaking badly. I arched my eyebrow at his reaction. The king I know will never ever stand up against his own courtiers. "We respect your decision Your Highness." They all said in same voice.

"That's be better. You can raise." The rest of the session was a blur except for the angry and jealous gaze ony back. I had blocked the ways of Chanchala manipulating the throne. All the ministers gave update of their ministry and we have to solve other regional disputes. Other important things like defence and finance are discussed away from the Darbar in meeting of ministers. I gave advice when needed or when asked. At last the court adjourned and Maharaj motioned me to walk with me. Somehow Chanchala left in mid-session. She is definitely planning something. I made a note to keep a eye on her.

"You did pretty well today Alekhya." He said with admiration as if it mattered to me. "When I first came into Darbar I was just 12 and we had a tense discussion about military camp. You won't believe that at last my father have to step down in that." I looked towards my father dumbstrucken. My Grandfather ruled with a iron fist. He trained my father since he started to walk. "I want to learn to fight." I blurred out without any thinking. I do know how to fight and can easily hold my gaurd against few soilders but my training was a secret in past and present lives. If I actually got into s trouble it will be difficult to explain myself and eventually give Chanchala a point to raise her fingers against me.

"I just want to protect myself." I tried a lame attempt of cover up. It is totally lame. "We have army for that." He argued. "Maharaj. I can't roam around with a army." I said irritatingly. Half of your army is not yours. I mentally shouted at him. I am not a fool to lety faith rest in unknown hands again. I must write my own destiny. "Of course you can who is gonna stop you." He smirked. I really want to sink my dagger in his throat. I glared at him coldly. "Maharaj army is for protecting subjects and also if I can't protect myself how can I protect our subjects." I turned towards him to find him smiling. I arched my eyebrow at his expression.

"I can't believe my little girl is all grown up. Today onwards Karna will teach you how to fight." He smiled in my direction before walking away with Vijay ji. "Looks like you are struck with me." I turned towards him with a expression which screams you-got-to-be-kidding-me. Just think you are supposed to be trained by Commander of Imperial Guard's who is known for his ruthless tactics then what will be your condition. By seeing the smirk on his face mine can be worest than that."Please change into your training attire Yurani. You can't train in that cloths." He said. I had a sudden urge to wip the smirk from his face. "You better get your armour on Commander." I said smirking back at him as he gulped.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 11.1K 35
His aura dominated the surroundings charging it with electricity. The taut muscles, the broad shoulders,along with the dangerous stance screamed cont...
36.1K 2.2K 72
So this is a story of the old draft of Dear destiny. It has nothing to do with the current 'DEAR DESTINY' story. This was the previous version which...
35.5K 1.1K 47
A story of past left incomplete. It's a story of Avantika and Karanveer. A woman With pride and self respect. A woman who knew how to break the soc...
8.4K 605 43
Revenge and anger can drive a man to any extent. He either looses himself and drowns in the everlasting anguish or finds an unexplored path. Raja Rud...