Why Did You Do It?

By cheesehead

Jared Shay and Angela Nicolson were the best of friends when they were younger. Their parents were best frien... More

Why Did You Do It?
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 2 (PICTURE OF ANGIE)
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 3 (PICTURE OF JARED)
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 4 (PICTURE OF ALLIE)
READERS MUST READ THIS. PLEASE?
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 5
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 6 (PICTURE OF KATE)
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 7
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 8 (PICTURE OF IZZY)
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 9
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 10
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 11
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 12
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 13
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 14
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 15
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 16
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 17
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 18
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 19
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 21
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 22
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 23
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 24
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 25
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 26
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 27

Why Did You Do It? Ch. 20

84.4K 1.7K 397
By cheesehead

Hey Guys!!

So here's my upload......chapter 20 aka my favorite chapter X)

a few thingssss.........

Ive been uploading a lot lately so I probs wont upload again until wednesday or thursday UNLESS i get like.......750-800 votes! it seems lik im asking a lot but you guys are SOOOOOOOO closee!! share with friends and help me out please??

Also I'm sick!!! yeah one of my friends gave me a cold and wen i get sick i get sick for a LONG time! Example: my friend was sick and let me use her chapstick. She was sick for one night. i was sick for four days. :(

errrmmm oh yeah soo some things happen in this chapter like they say something (hint hint) that may seem lik it was said to soon and the POVs switch but i dnt feel good and dnt feel like changing it so please be nice??

I think thats it.....oh thanks for ANOTHER awesome cover to the above^^^^ and I think this cover kind of fits the chapter X)

I'll shut up now! Love you all!!!!

Cheesehead

Chapter Twenty

          They started to pull into the driveway, when Angie said, “Stop the car.” Jared looked at her, and then slowly pulled the car to the stop at the end of the driveway.

          “What’s wrong?” Jared asked.

          “What did you get arrested for when you were nine?” She asked, looking through the front window.

          “It doesn’t matter now,” Jared muttered, his hands gripping the steering wheel tightly.

          Angie’s face got red, and she turned to Jared. “Tell me what happened,” She hissed.

          “It doesn’t matter,” He repeated, putting the car in drive again. Angie narrowed her eyes, and then got out of the car, and into the rain. “What’re you doing?” Jared sighed.

          “I’m walking,” She snapped, and slammed the door. The rain fell down hard, and ruined her hair. Jared turned the car off, and followed her outside.

          Angie knew what happened when they were nine, and was praying that wasn’t the reason he had gotten in trouble. Angie knew it was her fault, and she would feel awful if Jared got in trouble for some stupid mistake.

          Angie ignored him, and stumbled down the driveway in her heels. “Gela,” Jared called, and Angie went weak at the knees. She loved it when he called her that. She never admitted it, but she knew it showed on her face.

          She slowly turned around and looked at him with tearful eyes. “What did you get arrested for?” She repeated, “Tell me Jared, what did you get arrested for when you were nine?”

          “I shot a guy,” Jared whispered, but Angie once again heard him.

          “With a rifle?” She asked, “The guy that was in the woods while we were fooling around with the rifle? Jared, I shot that guy!”

          “I know,” He muttered.

          “Then why did you go to jail?” She asked.

          “He pressed charges,” Jared explained.

          “Why didn’t you tell them it was me?” Angie yelled, “You were being stupid. Were you trying to be heroic, or did you just want your Daddy to notice you? Why did you do it?”

          “What’re you talking about?” Jared asked.

          “I know that you hated it that your Dad didn’t pay attention to you,” Angie sneered, “Is that why you told them it was you?”

          “No,” He growled.

          “Then what was it Jared,” She shouted, “Why did you tell them it was you, when you knew it was me?”

          “BECAUSE I PROMISED YOU I WOULDN’T TELL,” Jared yelled, and Angie went quiet. She stared at Jared. He growled loudly, and slammed his fist into the car.

          “You didn’t tell anyone?” Angie said gently. It was quiet, and all she could hear was the pounding of the rain.

          “No,” Jared snapped, “I swore I wouldn’t tell anyone, and I didn’t. I spent years in jail for murder Angie, how could you say I did it for attention?”

          “Murder,” Angie gasped.

          “He died Gela,” He cried, “He died from blood loss. Maya bailed me out of jail, but then I was sent back. After that, my Dad just didn’t care anymore. I decided it was better if I didn’t either. Hence the reason why I rebel against everything.”

          A slow tear fell down Angie’s cheek. “Why did you shoot the dog?” She cried.

          “It was dying,” Jared yelled, “It had rabies and it was dying. My own Father handed me the gun, and said, ‘This is the only time you can touch this gun again. Now get that dog out of my sight.’”

          Jared walked over to her in few strides, and had his arms around her. “Please don’t cry,” He begged. He brushed the hair out of her face, and kissed her on the forehead. Angie looked up at him, but she couldn’t help the tears falling down her cheek. Jared quickly brushed it away with his thumb.

          “Why did you do it?”She cried, “Why would you do that for me?”

          Jared looked down at her. He didn’t know how to put it in words. It was the way she wasn’t afraid of him, even when they were little. Maybe it was the way that she wasn’t afraid to tell him off, that she felt safe with him, or together they would pull pranks other kids never dared too. Maybe it was because she was so beautiful. She was strong, yet could be weak at times and always looked beautiful. Angie always surprised him, and he loved that. He loved her. How could he say that to her though?

          So instead, he leaned down and gently kissed her on the lips. Her tearful cheeks pressed to his face. He held her tightly in his arms, because he didn’t want to let her go. She had to pull away though to breathe. When she did, she was giving Jared a breathless smile.

          “I did it because you were my best friend at the time,” Jared whispered, “But now, I’d do it because I love you.”

          Angie stared at him, shocked.

          He leaned down, and kissed her forehead, and then her tearful cheeks. “J, I love you too,” Angie whispered.

          Jared gave her an award winning smile and rested his forehead against hers. He looked at peace for a minute until his cheeks grew flushed and boiled with anger. “No one touches my Gela besides me,” He hissed, holding her tightly to him. Angie rolled her eyes.

          “He was drunk,” She explained.

          “Does it make that big of a difference?” He asked, cocking his head to the side.  Jared pulled Angie close. “This alright?” He asked.

          “Sure,” She murmured. Angie rested her head lightly on Jared chest, and held him tightly. “I’m sorry your Dad died,” Angie confessed.

          “He didn’t love me,” Jared shrugged.

          Angie pulled away, and looked up at Jared. “He loved you,” She told him, “He just had a different way of showing it.”

          “Do you really think he loved me?” Jared asked, looking down at her.

          “I know he loved you,” She insisted.

          Jared rolled his eyes, and then pressed his lips to Angela’s again. She didn’t mind it, in fact she loved it. He was warm, and smelled nice. She also loved the idea of being kissed in the rain. She thought it was so romantic, and now she was in one of those romance novels she normally read.

          Jared’s hands were warm on her back, and Angie held her arms tightly around his neck, twining her fingers into his hair.

          When they broke apart, Angie stared up at Jared. “J, promise me you won’t do anything to hurt me or your family again,” She whispered.

Jared looked down at her, and smiled. “I swear,” He said, “And if I do, you have the right to hate me.”

Angie held him tighter. Jared frowned though. “You’re hair is ruined,” He pouted, but Angie only laughed.

          “I’ll fix it later,” She shrugged, “It’s no big deal.”

          Jared’s eyes widened. “You are probably the first girl I’ve ever heard say it’s no big deal if her hair was ruined,” He explained, “I love that.”

          Angie’s cheeks flushed, and she shrugged.

          “Jared, Angie,” Maya called, “Is that you guys?”

          Jared sighed, and yelled, “Yeah it is!”

          “What are you doing outside of the car? Come inside,” She ordered, “It’s raining- if you haven’t noticed- and it’s freezing out there! Come inside!”

          Jared took one long look at Angie. “Coming,” He sighed. Jared leaned down again, and kissed her lightly on the lips before taking her by the hand, and bringing her towards the car.

          They got back in the car, where the air was warm, and drove down the driveway. Maya was waiting on the porch with her hands on her hips. When Jared and Angie got out of the car though, she didn’t give them any trouble. Instead she just told the two of them to warm up and go to bed.

          That night, Angie fell asleep peacefully. It was the first real peaceful night she had since she got there.

**************************

Um didn't i say kissing in the rain was romantic? ahahahahahah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166 25 11
When Natalie's eyes met Jared's, she held her breath. She never thought she'd see him again after all these years, and certainly not in the situation...
51.1K 1.5K 41
Taylor grew up without knowing her mother ever since her mother died after giving birth to her. Taylor had to live with her father and two older brot...
NOW YOU KNOW By ananyaaxxax

Mystery / Thriller

58 0 39
" WHO A-ARE YOU " said amyra panting for breath. She was trembling and couldn't move due to the pain in her legs . Her face was covered in sweat mixe...
5.5K 1.1K 31
*3rd Place Winner-The Writer's Award 2021* "I see bright flashing lights. Emergency lights. I'm on the pavement. It's raining. I hear voices of EMTs...