A Broken Soulmate (Book 1)

By HarukiUsagi46

Wei Wuxian found his soulmate in Lan Wangji, one day he wanted to teased Lan Wangji because he never smile, a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
New Story (coming soon)

Chapter 5

7.3K 280 39
By HarukiUsagi46

It is almost time for all clan heir and head disciple to head back to their own clan but tonight, is night where everyone get to light up a lantern. Either they do it by themselves or with a friends. Wei Ying decide to do one with Nie Huaisang since the Nie Heir is good with art.

As for Lan Zhan, he is doing one by himself. He thought that Wei Ying might want to make a lantern with him but it look like he is wrong. He look back to see Wei Ying making a lantern with Nie Huaisang, 'I hope he wasn't there when I said all of those thing about him to brother.'

'I am glad today will be my last day here in Cloud Recesse. I don't have to see him every where around his clan,' soon everyone begin to let go of their lantern.

"Wei xiong, I hope I don't have to return back here next year."

Wei Ying chuckle at this, "well if your mark on your final exam is good then you don't have too. I think it is your brother who need to look at it, right?"

Nie Huaisang nodded his head with a worry and sad expression on his face, "I do hate coming back here if Wei xiong and Jiang xiong isn't here."

"Hahahahah you can alway ditch. Just send me a message and I will come get you." Huaisang smile as he nodded his head. The two to look up into the night sky as the lantern drift up into the sky more and more and more,only the candle inside brighten the paper that make it look like a star in the night sky.

So the next morning everyone left cloud Recesse, the place once more become silent and empty without other clan around.

Wei Ying didn't bother to go said bye to Lan Zhan or even see him one last time before he leave. What he hear that day, broke his heart into a thousand piece, something that can't mend it back to the way it is.

Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying only got back for a few week soon the Wen send an invitation to all clan. They want each clan to send their heir and head disciple to Qishan Wen for indoctrination.

(Let's skip the leaving part at Lotus Cove and start at the Wen clan)

Once Wei Ying, Jiang Cheng and their disciple are at the Wen clan, they see that other clan is there too like Nie clan, Jin clan and other small clan as well. The only clan isn't there is the Lan clan.

Jiang Cheng look over at Wei Ying, "Your quiet? Don't you usually ask about Lan Wangji?"

"Ah! Why in the world do I have to ask about him? We aren't friend beside he hate me. So there no need to ask about him," 'yep there no need to ask about him.'

"Wen gongzi is here!" One of the Wen disciple shout loudly so that everyone can hear him.

Jin Zixuan, Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying standing there with an annoying look on their face. Since they don't like the Wen that much, just because their clan leader is Excellency doesn't mean they can be arrogant and mean toward the other clan.

"Wen gongzi have arrive, everyone get in line."

Wen Chao start to say bad thing to the people in front of him. Calling them all dog just because they stand below him and he standing above them. Wei Ying, Jiang Cheng and Jin Zixuan is very piss off that Wen Chao just call them dog.

"Some one bring him over already."

When Wen Chao saying this, everyone turn around to see what is it that he is talking about, everyone beside Wei Ying. "Oi Wei Wuxian is Lan Wangji." All Wei Ying can do is nodded his head, 'Jiang Cheng, I really don't care.'

Lan Zhan came to stand next to Wei Ying, 'I thought I don't want to see him anymore. Just hang in there Wei Wuxian.'

Wei Ying try his best not to interact with Lan Zhan, since he still can't forget what Lan Zhan said about back at Cloud Recesse. Wei Ying look down at his hand, 'Another one disappears.'

Soon Wen Chao break his thought, "before we start, you all need to hand in your sword. This is an order from his excellency. No one is allow to carried their sword while they are here. Now hand it in."

Some of the Wen disciple carried a sword holder, they went from one person to the next to get the other clan disciple sword, their heir sword and their head disciple sword.

After the taken all of the clan disciple and clan heir sword, they give them a scroll. Wen Chao said is the book of his clan call "The Glories of the Wen Clan."

They were escorted to the room that they are staying in. Wei Ying is happy that he got to be in the same room as Jiang cheng, he doesn't want to be in the same room as that cold and stoic face Lan Zhan.

"This is just nonsense. None of this make any sense beside one." Wei Ying look at Jiang Cheng, "hey Jiang Cheng listen to this, "Those who use the authority of the clan to bully others, and those who commit wrongful acts, should all be punishable by death. Not only is it punishable by death, but the perpetrator will also be beheaded. They will be reviled and served as a warning for other" this mean if the Wen clan did something bad then they will be beheaded as well."

"It look like this shameless is the sect technique of the Wen clan has been passed from generation to generation."

"Sound about right to me."

"If they have this kind of rule or instruction, shouldn't Wen Rouhan talk to his Wen clan about it instead of letting his clan going out of control like this?" Wei Ying asked why continue looking at the scroll on the table.

"You know that Wen Rouhan only care about power. He doesn't care about the world cultivation. That is how his two sons is so arrogant remind me of Jin Zixuan."

"That's true."

The next day, everyone gather to the same place that they are in. Wen Chao call on Lan Zhan and Jin Zixuan to recite what is inside the Wen scold but the two of them doesn't want too.

The only person to do this is Wei Ying, "I will do it," everyone looked at Wei Ying, this shock Wen Chao since no one volunteers to read what is inside the Wen scold.

"I didn't expect to be you, Wei Wuxian, can you really recite all of it?" Wen Chao asked with an annoying tone in his voice.

"Of course just listen okay," instead of reciting the thing in the Wen scold, Wei Ying stretched his body here and there, he is trying to piss Wen Chao off but of course he did.
"Wei Wuxian get on with it!"

"Okay okay, hold your horses."

"What did you said?!" Wen Chao shouted at Wei Ying, "Nothing nothing, okay listen here."

"First, one must not kill. Second, one must not fight without permission. Third, one must not commit acts of promiscuity. Do not make noise. Do not go out at night. Do not walk too fast. Do not bully the weak, make fun of other. Do not disregard laws and rules."

Wen Chao sit up in his chair, he is listen to Wei Ying recited something that isn't of the Wen Clan but the Lan clan.

Nie Huaisang and Jin Zixuan just hold back their laugh, "Wei xiong is really insolent," Nie Huaisang whisper quietly to himself without anyone hearing it.

"Do not disrespect the elders. Do not skip class. Do not leave class early. Do not laugh without reason. Do not sit with disgraceful pose," after Wei Ying finish he turn to looked at Wen Chao with a playful smile on his face.

'He remembered all of the rule,' Lan Zhan thought to himself while looking at the back of Wei Ying.

This got Wen Chao angry at Wei Ying for reciting the Lan clan rule instead of the Wen clan rule. 'Sorry Wen Chao but I am not going to recite your clan silly rule. They are a bunch of nonsense well expect for one.'

Wei Ying, Jin Zixuan and Lan Zhan end up getting punished by doing garden work with a stinky dirt or whatever it is that the Wen use for their plant.

When night time come, all three of them got escorted back to their room.

The day went the same, they all stand in front of Wen Chao while reading the Wen Clan rule. But then one day, one of the Wen disciple came up to Wen Chao, he whisper to him that they have found a cave. His dad want him to go check it out, he want to see what is inside that cave.

"Change of plan, we are going on a night hunt." With that they all left the Qishan Wen to go toward the cave. On their way there Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng hear one of the disciple talk to the other clan disciple, "Did you hear, the Lan clan got burn down. Zewu Jun gone missing and Lan Wangji is here. Wen Xu broke his leg as well."

Wei Ying glance back, he see Lan Zhan walking while limping on the other leg. "Aren't you going to help him?" Jiang Cheng asked while looking back at Wei Ying.

"Ah! Why in the world do I have to help him? How many time do I have to tell you. Lan Wangji and I aren't friend. Come on,"  Wei Ying turn back around and start to walk again. '*Sigh* I guess I can help him. He need to rest anyway...well....I am doing this for other people as well.'

So Wei Ying send a paper man toward Wen Qing, he ask her if they can take a break since everyone is tire. Wen Qing decide to help Wei Ying with this request, "Stop here. We all need a break."

Everyone take a break by the river side, "did you do that for Lan Wangji?" Jiang Cheng asked while the two of them went to get some water by the river side.

Wei Ying sigh, "Jiang Cheng, how many time have I tell you, me and Lan Wangji are not friends. Why in the world do I have to help Lan er gongzi? I am helping everyone else beside we have been walking for hour, look at them?"

Jiang Cheng see how tire the other clan heir and disciple are, even there own are tire as well, "I see what you mean."

After getting some drink from the river, Wei Ying look around the place they are in right now, "the cave is around here somewhere, keep on looking!" A women holding an iron rod looked at all of the heir and clan disciple around her.

"Who is that women anyway?" Wei Ying put his arm around Jiang Cheng shoulder as they walk away from there, "her? She use to be Wen Chao servant until she use her beauty to get Wen Chao attention."

"So she is that kind of girl, who knew Wen Chao fall for her beauty like that. He doesn't know that she will died sooner or later or become a corpse," Wei Ying giggle to himself.

They all continue to look for the cave, Wei Ying see how there is fog at a certain place. He send one of his talisman toward the fog, once it got close Wei Ying snapped his finger, the talisman move back and forth to clear the fog. It revealed a cave, "Wen gongzi congratulations you found the cave!"

'It was Wei Wuxian who found it, you dumb women!' Jiang Cheng said in his head with an angry tone in his voice or more like a piss off tone instead.

Soon they all walk to the cave that is in the distance. As they enter into the cave, it was dark, wet, and bath is flying all around them. They use a torch to light their way since they won't be able to see what around them with out it.

'What in the world is in this cave anyway?' Wei Ying thought to himself as he look around the cave.
🌨❄️🌨❄️🌨❄️🌨❄️🌨❄️🌨❄️🌨❄️🌨❄️🌨❄️🌨❄️🌨❄️🌨❄️🌨❄️🌨❄️🌨❄️🌨
That is for this chapter! I hope you like it! Enjoy now! Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 6.7K 26
What happen if Wei Wuxian drop his fake personality when Yu Ziyuan try to whip him with Zidian? He use his fast speed and went to slashed Wen Chao w...
52.8K 3.6K 36
This story is similar to my other story "The Ties That Bind" It is similar but not the same. When Wei Ying was founded by Jiang Fengmian, he picked...
18K 1.2K 18
Lan Wangji is crazy for Wei Wuxian. When he saw him first from that time he fell for him. He also confess his feelings to Wei Wuxian but Wei Wuxian n...
32.1K 2.4K 12
If you think living with Lan Wang Ji must be easy just because of his quiet personality, let me tell you that you are heavily mistaken! Wei Wuxian w...