Chasing Her Heart

By RiaXwriter_

๐•ฌ ๐•พ๐–Š๐––๐–š๐–Š๐–‘ ๐•ฟ๐–” ๐•ญ๐–”๐–š๐–“๐–‰ ๐•ญ๐–ž ๐•ญ๐–‘๐–”๐–”๐–‰. โ€ข She is Mufida. He is Haidar. They are both yearning for l... More

| CHASING HER HEART |
01| Home Sweet Home |
02| Family Dinner |
03| We Meet Again |
04| Have We Met Before? |
05| He Is The One |
06| Late Again |
07| What A Day |
08| Slay Quidnunc |
09| Second Chance |
10| Ephialtes |
11| Day Off |
12| Naija Here I Come |
13| Ephialtes Come True |
14| Tranquility & Toil |
15| The Meet Up |
16| Hitherto I |
17| Paradoxical Clamour |
18| Carried Off |
19| Hitherto II |
20| The Solution |
21| The Outcome |
22| Trepidation & Incertitude |
23| Favorable Outcome |
24| Back To Square One |
25| Factuality & Purpose |
26| Familia Fete |
27| Brought To Light |
28| Peak Of Hope |
29| First Brawl |
30| A Chance To Unite |
32| Awaiting My Destiny |
33| At Sixes And Sevens |
34| Bitter Sweet Bliss |
35| Together At Last |
36| Belle In Faze |
37| Blue Knock-back |
38| Undying Grieve |
39| Bitter Fate |
40| Devil In Disguise |
41| Dead And Buried Wounds |
42| Hidden Chemistry |
43| Bolt For Freedom |
44| Alter Of Ploy |
45| The Life Ahead |
46| The Heebie-Jeebies |
47| Dumped & Doomed |
48| Treacherous Bond |
49| Thorn In The Flesh |
50| EID MUBARAK |
51| At Peace |
52| My Life, My decisions |
53| Blissfulness & Repentance |
54| Slumber Party |
55| Utterly Numb |
56| What A Life |
57| The Cover-up |
58| D-day |
59| Baby Fever |
60| who is she? |
61| Day One|
62| Bleak and Lifeless |
63| Lost |
64| little Hope? |
65| The Date |

31| A New Beginning |

510 95 91
By RiaXwriter_

Maiduguri, Nigeria.

Amina squirmed about on the bed, unable to go back to sleep. She goes back to sleep every day after Fajr but today seems impossible to do that. Indeed, she is worried about something which resulted in her not being able to sleep.

Her uncle just called and informed her to get ready, she will be moving back to Abuja, again.

If not for Halima and Hisham, she would've been so excited about it and will sleep peacefully and even dream of what her life would be if she go back to Abuja after a long time.

Halima never liked her, she hated her mainly because Halima thinks her uncle likes her the most. She creates problems for Amina all the time, in school at home, and almost everywhere, but Amina always tolerated her. There's one thing Halima did that made Amina never want to stay with her uncle ever again. She told her that she doesn't even have parents and she is staying at their house acting all mighty.

Can you believe that?

Amina packed all her stuff and came to Maiduguri to leave with her grandmother. Her uncle made so many attempts in persuading her to come back to Abuja but she refused.

What would she do there, when they've nothing but hatred for her, well except for Haidar, he doesn't give her a hard time nor does he talk to her when she was staying there, he is always minding his business.

And now back to Hisham.

The arrogant lad.

Halima's backbone and supporter. No matter what wrong she did to Halima, he is always supporting her but not the truth. She was living like a total stranger in her uncle's house.

So then, why does he expect her to go back to his house again, just for her to get insulted and treated like a stranger as if she ain't family?

"Meema, are you still awake?"Kaka asked peeping through the door.

Amina wasn't able to sleep but she didn't want to start the dishes early in the morning. She got up and grumbled. "Eh, kaka na tashi. Yes, grandma, I'm up."

Kaka entered the room and settled herself on the bed. "Ahmad just called, he said someone will be here soon to take you to the airport. So, are you done with packing." kaka concluded scanning the room for Amina's luggage but she found none.

"Kaka, I don't want to go there and leave you, I want to stay here, "Amina whined giving kaka a side hug.

Kaka smacked her and peel her off her body. She knew that Amina was trying to sweet talk her into making her stay in Maiduguri with her. She also didn't like the idea of letting Amina stay with Ahmad, but when he told her the reason behind everything she felt happy. It's for the best for Amina.

"I don't have a say in this Meema, Ahmad is just fulfilling his last brother's wish. Your father's last wish was...."

Amina cut in. "He is your son fah kaka, just say no, I like staying here with you, "Amina argued and kaka only smiled at her.

So innocent.

"You'll enjoy your stay in Abuja this time, you won't even remember me."

Amina gasped and shook her head briskly. "That's not possible, you're the best kaka I'll never forget you." she gave her another side hug.

"We will see ae when you fall in love."Kaka mused and Amina almost hissed, if it was someone else, not Kaka she would've hissed.

"Love, what a joke."Amina scoffed with an eye roll. She wondered why kaka had to bring up the topic 'love' she wonders if it does exist.

Yep, never fell in love. She is happy the way she is.

Kaka pulled her ear, playfully and said. "Joke Koh, zakiga joke. You'll see the joke."

Uhmmm, there goes the love guru.

"Kaka forget about that, and call uncle and tell him I won't be able to make it."

Kaka was now on her feet. "Meema, don't be stubborn, go to Abuja and if you don't like it there call me up and I'll ask Ahmad to bring you back."

Amina smiled widely and jumped on her bed like a 5-year-old. She is 20 for goodness sake.

"I love you so much, kaka. You're the best."Amina screeched shutting her eyes firmly.

"I know, "Kaka replied and Amina rolled her eyes heavenwards. "Now, get ready." with that she left.

Amina unwillingly get off the bed, sauntered into the bathroom, did her bathroom routine, and stormed out, humming to her favorite song, she was even dancing in her robe.

She got dressed into an orangey red Ankara skirt and blouse, it was sewn very simple no style or anything just a simple skirt and blouse. She draped over a black veil and stood in front of her vanity mirror to apply her everyday makeup, kohl her eyes, lined her lips with a brown lip liner, and then apply lipgloss. Simple yet elegant.

Amina packed all the stuff she will need for her stay in Abuja. She picked out only 10 sets of clothes because she knows that her stay with her cousins is not going to be a good one. She won't fight with her she will just call up Kaka and tell her everything so she could come back to Maiduguri.

Yayyy!

If only she knew what was awaiting her there in Abuja.

"Kaka I'm done," Amina announced keeping her luggage by the door so it'll be easy when she is leaving.

"Come and have breakfast," Kaka stated shoving a spoonful of tuwo miyan kuka, Amina was sure it was leftover. She likes everything but not leftover tuwo.

"I'll go make tea."Amina made her way to the kitchen, she could still hear kaka laughing at her. She prepared coffee with extra milk. Like what's coffee without milk? It's the milk that makes it better.

No offense to those taking black coffee.

She took her coffee with cookies to the dining table and sat down.

"Wai keh ba kya in tuwo koh. You don't eat tuwo right?"Kaka teased shaking her head.

"I'd rather have water only than eat leftover tuwo that too with miyan kuka."Amina took a sip of her coffee and she felt relaxed and took another sip.

"What if your husband likes it?"Kaka questioned out of the blue.

"Chabb di jam. Then he'll have to prepare it and eat it alone, I won't even go near him."Amina answered. "And kaka, earlier you were talking about love and now husband, should I be scared I hope you're not planning to get me married off, "Amina stated, it was only a joke to her but she was right without even knowing it.

Kaka opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by a knock on the door, she made a move to get up when Amina stopped her. "I'll check."

Amina opened the door only to see their gateman, she gave him a questioning look and he understood the gesture and spoke up;

"The driver is here to pick you up, "Amina mumbled an okay to him under her breath, she didn't care if he heard her or not she closed the door and marched inside the house, all moody.

"It's going to be alright, Meema, "Kaka reassured, Amina ran to Kaka in tears and laid her head on her lap.

"I don't want to go anywhere."

"Meema, look at me." and she did. "Are they bad people?"Amina shook her head. "Aren't they family?"Amina nodded. "Then why are you stressed about it?"

"I'm scared."Amina gulped hard. "What if they don't like me and history repeats itself?"

"Nothing like that is going to happen, trust me. They're grown-ups now, they won't do anything bad to you."

Amina tried to believe what Kaka said, but she will only believe what she said when she witness it.

"Okay, Kaka. I'll get going then."Amina wiped off her tears and stood up. "Kaka you'll be left all alone," Amina added looking for an excuse to stay back.

"Fa'iza will be staying with me."Amina nodded, and hugged Kaka one more time before leaving. She had no idea who the driver was, she said her dua and entered the car. And in no time they were at the Airport.

Amina felt the warm tears on her cheeks. She is leaving Maiduguri.

But in sha Allah I'll come back soon.

Issa double update!!!!!!

Who is excited ?

We've met Amina, why do you think Ahmad called her to Abuja ?

Hmmm, I sense drama o 😂😂😂

But sha, I like her already 🤧 she get vibes.

~ who can guess my age ?!

I'm just curious, so please don't skip the question.

Adios wattpad familia !!!!!

I love y'all ❤️

Ria ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 1.1K 37
" I know this marriage started as an arrangement but now I've fallen for you. Please give me a chance to love you and show you that I care." I told h...
294K 12.4K 32
ยซ Sequel of Rรšแบžร…Rรš - ร$Hยถ ยป ยซStand Alone Bookยป ~ Zรยฅยฅรร‘ ~ "The world is all about give and take, Create your OWNยฐยฐยฐ ~ รยฅโ‚ฌDร ~ "The wor...
150K 15K 49
*COMPLETED!! - Editing in process* Highest ranking #2 in Hausa #1 in Nigeria summary in editing* NOTICE: None of the pictures belong to me. All th...
784K 29K 21
"Bu...But we are married" I tried to defend myself "But I don't consider you my wife, get the hell out of my room" He yelled I couldn't help but ju...