Three Days to Change Our Futu...

By GenkiNinja21

A story where a girl wanted her best friend to be in her arms again with a spell to turn back time. More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11

PROLOGUE

45 4 0
By GenkiNinja21

"Good morning, Ms. Cadbury. How are you doing?"

I turned around to see the lovely lady with purple eyes and long black hair standing there.
She was holding a broomstick, maybe for sweeping dust in front of her door.
"Good morning to you too, Mrs. Belladonna. I'm feeling good today," I said, greeting her back while holding the stuff that I bought from the specialty store carefully, "Thank you for asking about my day. I hope God has blessed you too."
"Oh, my," she chuckled, "if the star witch says so, I will be blessed with happiness for sure."

I flinched when my nickname came out of her mouth, "You're flattering me, Mrs. Belladonna."

"However, it's the truth. Even my boy here will agree too."

"Hey!" A young man with black hair and violet eyes came out of her house and said, "I told you. It's not like that, Mother."
"Aww, don't lie to me. You always compliment her beautiful long blond hair and graceful black eyes," she said playfully.
He blushed and stuttered, "Uh... I don't kn-know what you were talking about, M-mother."

"Right," her violet eyes turned to me, "I'm sorry if I'm being rude. Are you married, Ms. Cadbury?"

Here it comes.
that question once more.
I wonder why people always ask me that.

"No, I'm not married yet, and there's no intention to do so."

"Why?" she asked, surprised, "you're so beautiful. Everyone here is curious about when your wedding will be. Perhaps, do you have someone in your heart?"

A girl with navy blue hair and silver eyes flashed into my mind. She was smiling at me while her white dress danced flawlessly with a gentle wind. as if she were still here with me.

If only... You're still alive, Trix.

With a smile, I answered her question sincerely.

"Yes, I do."

"Oh! Who is he?" she asked with shining stars in her eyes.

"They are my childhood friend from my hometown,"

She was intrigued and asked, "Will you marry him?"
"I would," I replied with a smile, "if I could meet them again someday."

"I apologize for my rudeness!"

Hearing my answer, Mrs. Belladonna's eyes swelled up. She bowed politely while apologizing repeatedly.
"It's okay, you aren't in the wrong here. So... please stand up," I said awkwardly.
The black-haired woman stood up with teary eyes. Then, the big bell chimed three times.

I looked at the time; it was five in the evening.

It's time to go home.

"It's nice to talk with you, Mrs. Belladona. But, I have to go now."

"Is it work?"

"Yes," I answered, "I need to finish something before midnight."
"Oh, alright, then. Be careful on your way home," Mrs. Belladonna said, waving her hand.
"I will," I said as I waved goodbye to her son as he froze on his feet.

I hope he was okay.

With only a snap of my finger, I vanished into thin air and arrived at my home safely.

###

Metallic things? Check.

A golden timepiece? Check.

Some black dust? Check.

The last thing-

Hold on, there's a warning here.

Let's see.

'It's not recommended for humans to do this ritual'

I know, I know. I'm just testing it.

While reading the magical book for the last time, I felt dumb. This book is a forgery and only a fantasy. Even when I had read the book several times, it still didn't make sense. Yet, here I am with the ingredients for its ritual.

I sighed.

It's been five years since my first triumphant catch as a bounty hunter. I'm in my thirties and waiting for spring to come, even though it's not coming back. That's good enough for me, as it's advantageous to be alone for my plan, which needs leisure without thinking about other people.

as I'll be in the past again with magic.

My name is Viona Cadbury, the spellcaster who lived alone on the top of the mountain. Please address me as Viona, as that is my given name.
People called me "the star witch," as my long hair is a shiny blonde like the star. Honestly, it's extravagant and cheesy enough to make me cringe at the time.

I'm warning you not to call me that.

So, let's get back to my plan. I was thinking about changing our future (or is it present? Nah, that's not important right now). I couldn't wait to save my best friend before she did something she would regret. You still don't know why I do all of these?

Let's go back for a bit so you can understand why.

###

My best friend's name was Trix, and we grew up at the same orphanage. While I was born without parents, she came in when I was six. We were inseparable because we were the same age. Trix was kind, gentle, and popular in our neighborhood. Sometimes she's a bit harsh on me because I am slow to understand, yet we are still close.

I always followed her whenever I could. We made memories like doing small picnics or shopping together for dinners. Hugging was daily between us. When the adults were away on business, we would act like the oldest ones there. Aside from her, it's a lot of fun. I wished time had never stopped at that time.

Unfortunately, God didn't grant my wish.

On my eighteenth birthday, there was a fire at the orphanage. I was in town for lunch and then returned. Almost everything was burned, except Trix. Her face was burned in half, but she could still use her five senses. I felt lucky to see her. Even though the orphanages burned to ashes, I didn't care because I still had Trix.

When Trix was at the hospital, I worked for both of us. I worried about her at that time because she was comatose and no one else was with her. About two years later, she woke up and seemed surprised to see me without scratches. I explained to her everything I knew from the authorities.

Then, I asked if she wanted to live with me when she was discharged from the hospital. She accepted my proposal and rested again. Before going back home, I stroked her head and kissed her forehead. That day, I was fortunate to hear her voice again.

Several days passed, and I visited her every single day. I brought food and talked about the news around our neighborhood. Luckily, the rumors about our orphanage calmed down. I didn't have to worry about upsetting Trix with it.

One day, I visited her for the last time. As I stepped into her room, I was shocked to see it was empty. Panicked that she might be kidnapped, I asked the nurse where my best friend was. The nurse said that Trix excused herself to go home because she didn't want to be a burden on me.

My heart was crushed into pieces while running to the train station. My blurry vision was searching for the long, navy blue hair. I was about to give up when I noticed someone entering the carriageway while wearing a half mask and carrying a suitcase. Making sure she was my best friend, I shouted her name.

The girl turned toward me. It was her.

As the crowds slowed me down, I begged Trix to stay, but all she did was smile and wave her gloved hand.

That was the last time I saw her until we met again in the dark alley.

###

It's almost midnight now. The ritual needs to be finished. If it fails, I have to wait five years to start the ritual. It's a simple ritual, yet it takes a lot of mana. I hope I don't have to use this again after all of this.

After casting the spells, I put all the important things into the pot. Not to forget, my blood. Everything was ready, and my tense body began to relax. Feeling sleepy, I put my head on the cotton pillow and the rest of my body on the cinnamon sofa.

Now, I have to wait...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

888 114 19
The story revolves around a young girl who is struggling to determine her life's goal after facing a traumatic incident in her past. She has lost all...
Jason By laura

Short Story

42.3K 4K 22
Alec remembers him.
42 1 31
As years go by Sophia begins to gain memories of a life, a past she once had. Can she consider her return to the throne a day dream or a nightmare sp...
86 5 30
Let me tell you a story, once upon a time there was a girl, she grew up far away in a small village, when she was a young girl she was left on a door...