The Queen of Cups

By Gellobeam

The granddaughter of Smokey Brown, meet Jaqueline "Jackie" Brown, a teenage girl who just moved to Japan. Tur... More

Moving Day
School Trouble
Dress Down
Deal and Dash
Symbiotic Friendships
Dolphin in Jail
Cherry Blossom Boy
Nothing Makes Sense
I Think I'm Crazy
Third Time's the Charm
Red and Yellow
The Girls are Fightingg
He Had It Coming
From Another Perspective
'Cause We Are Living in A Material World
Initial D
Ghost Town
It's Been a While
The Girls Are Fighting Pt. 2
Nerves of Steel
Dr. Seuss
Playing Games
From Another 'nother Perspective
Back to Our Regular Programming
Here Comes the Sun
Round and Round on A Horse
7 Rings
Through The Fire and The Flames
Private Eyes
Hey, We're Getting the Band Back Together!
🎵Under the Sea🎵
Fish Out of Water
*Bonus Art*
Blast to the Past and Back to the Future
Devout Oasis
Shinjiteru Ze! Shinjiteru Yo!
Chaka Khan
Sword of the Dead
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids!
Wild Goose Hunt
Souls and Chips
Book Of Fortune
As Fate May Have It
Mother Knows Best
And So It Begins...
Vanilla Ice Cream
The Rise of the King and the Fall of a Queen
Time Never Stops for The World...
The End of The World
Farewell and Welcome Home, My Friends
Author Notes + Announcements + Art

Commercial Break

184 12 0
By Gellobeam

Morning came, and Jotaro found himself laying next to you in the hotel bed.

With your back facing him, he watched quietly as your form slowly rose up and down as you slept. Thinking of everything you'd been through, he wondered if it would be possible to come out of Egypt unscathed.

He'd be stupid to think that, knowing that no one would be stable, both physically and mentally.

The Anubis fight is already set in his memories forever, so how will the fight against Dio affect him? Is it possible to assume the risk of casualties?

“It's rude to stare.”

Your voice grabbed his attention as you turned around to face him in the bed. Propping a hand under your head, you lazily yawned, squinting against the sunlight.

“Take a picture, it'll last longer.”

Jotaro scoffed at your sarcasm.
“Shut up.”

“You know I'd never do that. How're your wounds?”

“More or less better. I don't feel that much shitty today.”

“Good. We're going to have to change your bandages before we leave for Luxor.”

Just then, Polnareff burst out of the bathroom, happily humming the tune of Alouette. “Bonjour, mes amis! Comment ça va?”

“Doing fine I guess?” you didn't know a lick of French, but guessing the time of day, you assumed that he was asking about your well-being.

Forcefully pulling the sheets off of you and Jotaro, Polnareff adamantly urged you guys to start getting ready, only to be met with whining and grumbling.

“I don't feel like getting up!” you complained.

Burying his face deep in the pillow, Jotaro flipped Polnareff off in response, mumbling something along the lines of 
“bug off”.

“Oh come on! You guys are impossible.”
Picking you up, the Frenchman carried you in the crook of his arm, your legs dragging on the floor.

Dropping you in the bathroom, he tossed your bag to you, closing the door behind him. “Don't take too long! I wanna get some breakfast before it's too late.”

Sighing, you grabbed your toothrush and clothes, brushing as you wondered what you were going to wear for the day, rummaging through your bag.

No, that one's ripped.

This one has a tear too.

That one needs to be washed.

And this one—oh god—is covered in blood. It was as if the victim was murdered in this themself. There's no way you were wearing this in public.

Wishing you had bought more clothes in Kom Ombo, you dug deeper into your bag until you found some clothing that wasn't harmed in any shape or form.

After getting ready, you let Jotaro use the bathroom until he was done, sitting down on the bed and letting you apply the bandages around his abdomen. The stab wound was healing way better than you thought, so instead of wrapping him like a mummy like last night, you applied a large non-woven sponge, securing it with medical tape.

“That should do it for now. Don't strain yourself too much Jojo.”

“I can't promise that much.”

“You have a point, but that doesn't mean that you can be reckless. ”
You ended it by slapping a bandaid on Jotaro's cheek.

“Now let's go, I'm hungry.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After breakfast and checking out of the hotel, the team took a bus to Luxor, nearly a two-hour trip. Holding Iggy in your lap, you and the dog watched the sights outside the window, soaking in the historical wonders of Egypt. 

The bus stopped just a small distance away from the city center, leaving you to wait for Joseph as he went to the bathroom. Meanwhile, Avdol gave you a little history lesson about Luxor.

“Far West to the Nile lies the Valley of Kings, where old pharaohs are laid to rest. The tomb of King Tutankhamun also lies here in the Valley of Kings.”

“Wow,” Polnareff gasped, “so this place is pretty historical.”

Avdol nodded, continuing. "Apparently, there are still people who secretly dig underneath their houses without the government's knowledge, hoping to find treasure."

“Do you think there's still some treasure left?” you ask.

“There may be, Miss Jackie.”

“By the way, what's taking the old man so long?” Jotaro grumbled. “It's been nearly 15 minutes.”

“He should be done by now unless he's been attacked by an enemy Stand User. Shall we go look for him?” Avdol said.

“Beats standing out here.” you shrugged.

After a few minutes of walking, there you found Joseph laying against a rock on the ground. What on earth is he doing?

“Mr. Joestar, what's the matter? We're going to head out soon.” Avdol called out to him. “It's getting late, but there should be a cafe nearby.”

“U-uh um—I'll be right there!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the cafe, you and Jotaro stood at the edge of the platform, looking out at the beauty of the Nile shimmering as the sun sets below the horizon.

In comfortable silence, you quietly drank your Cola as the three older men discussed plans for the rest of the trip.

“We could make it to Cairo in the next two days, but everyone is injured.” Avdol reasoned. You look down at your feet knowing that you were partly the reason for that. “Why don't we spend tonight and tomorrow in Luxor for a break?”

Polnareff was all for it. “Let’s do that. Ever since we got to Egypt, the enemy Stands have been getting stronger. We’ve barely been winning.” 

Unanimously agreed, the team decided to take a well-deserved break.

After Polnareff gave a few complaints about the portable radio nearby and Joseph complaining about his prosthetic hand, it was time to look for a hotel. 

As you walked through the deserted plains, you passed a worker constructing a wagon, hammering away at the woodwork that lay in front of him. Once Joseph passed him, though, his work suddenly became difficult for him. 

Before you knew it, a whooshing sound whipped through the air, and by the time you turned around, Avdol was standing behind Joseph, clutching a hammer in his hand.

“WOAH, that was close!” you exclaimed, amazed at how he caught it. “A second late and old man Joseph would've been knocked out!”

Looking back at the worker, he was doubled over, crying out about his finger.

“He may have hit his finger,” Polnareff scoffed, “but he should be careful about throwing hammers around like that.”

“You're right,” Avdol agreed. “Let's just drop it and go. It's getting late.”

Dropping the hammer, you all left the poor worker alone to deal with the nails that were poking out of his cheek, being pulled by an unknown magnetic source.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The hotel you checked into was as nice as the hotels in Singapore and Jeddah. With golden statues and escalators, you felt severely underdressed as you passed by the many businessmen and women on your way to the hotel room.

This might be a good time than ever to buy new clothes. You thought. Now, who would be the best candidate to come with me?

Jotaro wouldn't do much with you, plus he'd say no on the spot.

Joseph, though he has good taste in clothing, would embarrass you for his entertainment. Not to mention his prosthetic hand is acting up, so it would be better to let him rest.

Iggy is definitely not an option, which left you with Polnareff and Avdol.

“Hey Polnareff, Avdol,” you called their attention. “I want to buy new clothes at the hotel's store, would one of you like to come with me?”

Raising his hand like a schoolkid, Polnareff excitedly volunteered.
“Ooh me! Pick me, Cherie! I bet I can do better than Avdol did on your submarine mission.”

Waving you guys off, Avdol permitted it. “We already had our fun, Miss Jackie, but I doubt anyone can top what we had together. Especially if it's Polnareff.”

“Hey, I'll show you, you cheeky bastard! When we come back, she'll have the sophisticated fashion sense of moi.”

Grabbing you by the hand, Polnareff led you downstairs, towards the souvenir shop near the lobby. Inside, you went through many outfits, picking shirts and shorts up from the rack.

“Hey, Jackie,” Polnareff said, “what do you think of this?”

He was holding up a black pleated skirt, long enough to go to your ankles.

“Isn't that a skirt?” you raised a brow. “As much as I love them, you don't see me going around high kicking in a skirt on this trip.”

“Tsk, tsk, tsk. You may think it's a skirt, but…” opening it up wider, it was revealed to be a pair of fold pleated wide-legged pants. “Ta-dah! They're actually pants! You had pants like this earlier, right? I thought it was more your taste.”

Laughing, you took the pants from his hands, getting a closer look at them. “You got me there. I think a good belt and a crop top would work well with this.”

“Well, what are we waiting for? Let's find some!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next thing you knew, it was morning. Standing on the curb with Jotaro, Iggy, and Polnareff, you waited patiently for the older men to come downstairs for breakfast.

With the pants Polnareff chose for you, you also wore a yellow cropped camisole.

Additionally, you found a black belt with a golden buckle and to top it off, a black and yellow scarf you wrapped around your hair.

As Polnareff sqwaked up to Avdol's window about him and Joseph being late, you couldn't help but zone out due to your hunger.

“Hey! I thought old people get up early! Tell him to get his ass down here in 5 minutes!”

“So loud…” you grumbled.

Soon, Avdol made it downstairs, greeting you good morning as you all waited for Joseph.

One minute.

Two minutes.

Three minutes.

Four.

“How long have we been out here for?” you asked. “He should be out the door.”

“I'll go back inside to check up on him.” Avdol volunteered. 

And so was the last you saw of him for a while.

Five minutes.

Six minutes.

Seven minutes.

Eight.

“Why the hell are they so late?!”

“Calm down, Polnareff, the old man's probably in the bathroom. If they don't come in another five minutes, we're going after them.”

“Maybe, Jojo, but wait! What if they secretly went ahead to eat something super delicious without us?”

“Jojo's probably right, Polnareff,” you said. “Old people sure like their bathrooms.”

“I guess you have a point…come to think of it, the toilets in this hotel are so clean…”

“What is it with you and bathrooms? I'm too hungry to wait anymore. I'll try to find a food stand to get something small enough to pull us over into a real breakfast. Come, Iggy, if you want some food first.”

“Bring something sweet!” Polnareff called out as you left.

With that, you waved goodbye, looking for something to eat. Iggy led the way, sniffing for a good food stall until he reached a decision, barking at you to buy from it.

Coming back to the hotel, shouts of women were heard, calling out perverts who dared to barge into the Ladies' restroom. Heard from the alleyway, you approached a broken window and an eccentrically dressed old woman blowing kisses into the air, daydreaming about the silver fox who approached her not just once, but twice.

The three other women present in the restroom were much the opposite of her, rioting and clearly angry at their breach of privacy.

Carefully approaching the window, you asked what happened.

“We caught these two men peeping on us in the bathroom!” one of them yelled. “Opened all the doors on us!”

The lovestruck woman had quite a different opinion. “But don't you think one of them was charming? Strong, tall, and handsome for his age. He was just my type~”

The description of what just happened struck a bit too close to home. No…it couldn't be…could it? Those two idiots wouldn't dare do such a thing, would they? There's no way those two men are your idiots. Swallowing down your anger, you hoped your next question's answer wasn't a yes.

“Um…if you don't mind me asking…was one of the men wearing a brown hat?”

“Oh yes~ pulled it off quite well too.”

Another woman popped out from behind, adding more fuel to your burning anguish.

“Yeah, and the other man had a huge golden earlace!”

Oh no.

They are your idiots!

This was a pretty chill chapter compared to the sheer bloodshed last chapter lol, but they all deserve a break 💖
And I'm telling you, that scene where Avdol caught that hammer like THOR 🛐 another one to the list as to why he's an absolute king🤴🏾 I love him so much ❤ 💖 ❤

Jackie: Hey guys look at this new skirt Polnareff bought me PSYCH! It's a pair of pants YOU WERE FOOLED HAHAHA

See you next update! Stay safe and thank you for reading!💖💗💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

700 29 10
Not long after Jotaro and Kakyoin graduate from high school, they got married and moved to a small beach like area on the outskirts of Tokyo. And eve...
18.3K 879 47
イリデゼント ムーン が バリアと反射を作成できま What happens when a Japanese Delinquent, a Righteous Japanese Student, an old American trickster, an Egyptian Fortuneteller...
6K 395 35
November 1988, Tokyo, Japan. While visiting Japan, Karolina voluntarily enters a Japanese Highschool, where she meets Jotaro Kujo, a tall, black hair...
740 65 49
Hiroko Hoshino is just your average 17-year-old girl, but her whole world gets turned upside down when she is shot with a mysterious arrow that gives...