Happily Ever After // Sevente...

By bangxchans

Sequel to 'Cinderella'. Five years later, and the world Seventeen thinks they know is no more. Secrets will... More

1. Years and Years
2. Roses and Lillies
3. Miami and Mojitos
4. Kills and Thrills
5. Sweaters and Stars
6. Lost and Found
7. Memories and Meditation
8. Daggers and Decisions
9. Sausages and Secrets
10. Pikachu and Panic Rooms
11. Deals and Feels
12. Pills and Potions
13. Licenses and Love
14. Hugs and Kisses
15. Troubles and Tomahawks
16. Southside and Serpents
17. Trackers and Teddybears
18. Antidotes and Horoscopes
19. Promises and Protection
20. Arcade and Trade
21. Safe and Sound
22. Ninjas and Nights
23. Sun and Moon
24. Burdens and Babies
25. Friends and Foes
26. Tasks and Masks
Hi and Hello

27. Home and Away

108 4 0
By bangxchans

Chapter Twenty Seven

*DK's POV*

Hopping into the front seat, I heard the others climb into the back as Hyo just sat silently in the driver seat waiting for everyone to settle down. 

The past week has been HELL. Seeing her go out every day, coming back exhausted, hurt, anxious. It's killing me. She won't tell me what tasks she's having to do, but with the new bruises and whatnot every other day, I hate it already. 

"Everyone ready to go home?" She asked in a quiet voice, trying to force a smile out as she set up the 3 way FaceTime with the other cars. 

"Get me back in my own bed, I cannot stand another night listening to Vernon snore," Seungkwan scoffed, followed by moaning from Vernon and Seungkwan moaning that Vernon was moaning. Hearing Hyo laugh gently, we set off driving. Only this time, she was driving... normal. No speeding, no fearing for our lives. 

"Just because I'm in the car, doesn't mean you have to drive properly Hyo," Bora rolled her eyes from the back seat, next to Mingyu. Who was less than happy to be sat there, but sacrificed himself so Wonwoo didn't have to sit next to her. 

Since when did they become so close that she-devil get's to call her 'Hyo'? That's reserved for humans, not DEMONS. 

Looking over to her, she didn't respond, just smiled gently in the mirror. I know she's exhausted. I can tell. But what can I actually do to help? I'm an idol, not an assassin. As much as I love her, as much as I would do literally anything for her, there's not a lot I can do. And it makes me feel beyond helpless. 

I guess all I can really do is be here for her. Help her when she needs it. Come when she calls for me. 

Even though she might not really need me anymore. She's strong, even stronger than she was before. Admittedly she used to put up with a lot of shit, her dad, JiEun, that evil little sister she had. I wonder what actually happened to that little shit? Probably best not to ask right now. 

Putting my hand gently over hers on the gear stick, she glanced over, giving me a small smile. Rubbing my thumb over the back of her hand, I hope she knows I'm here, I'm always here. 

"Ah, the city, I missed it," Seungkwan cried over the phone as Seoul appeared int he distance. 

"I hate the country side, it's so grassy, and green, and too many insects," I saw Hoshi shudder. 

"Oh shut up you know you love it. You're just being dramatic for no reason as usual," Woozi scoffed. 

"I need you all the listen to me," Hyo spoke up, causing the incoming argument to stop, making everyone go silent. "I've called in a few favours." Don't remind me. That slime-ball all over you. Ugh. "The Clan and The Serpents will be watching over you. Each of you as two assigned... um... how do I say it..." she bit her lip.

"Assassins?" Dino shouted as Chewy licked his face. 

"Not assassins. They'll just be watching, from a distance. I know you have your own bodyguards, just imagine these as the bodyguards for your bodyguards." Nodding, she stopped at a red light. Looking to my right, Coups pulled up to the light next to us.

"Hyo?" He asked through the window, smiling a little. "You're doing great." Seeing all of them in the car give her a thumbs up, I saw her swallow the possibility of tears. 

"Now, RACE!" Jun shouted down the phone. 

"If I didn't have a heavily pregnant woman here with me, I would. She is not going into labour on my watch," seeing Hyo shudder, Bora laughed. 

"Why are you laughing? I don't want you gripping onto me, you keep that baby inside you," Mingyu glared, making her stop. 

"I guess there's not chance of us all being friends," she muttered, looking down. Looking a little sad. That's if, demons can feel emotions. 

"No, no chance. So just stay quiet," Wonwoo snapped, rolling his eyes looking back out the window. All this time he'd been silent, all this time he'd just ignored her. Glancing to Bora, she looked shocked. The type where your mouth open's and then closes, with tears in your eyes? That type of shocked. 

The rest of the ride to the dorm was silent. A bit awkward, actually. 

Hopping out of the car, Hyo bent down as Chewy nuzzled her leg. 

"There's my favourite boy," giving him a few kisses, she stood as I slid my hand into hers. Giving it a small squeeze, I hope she knows I'm here. Now and always. 

*Hyolyn's POV*

Thoughts swam around my head. So much to do, so many people to keep safe. But I can do it, I know I can. I got them in this mess, I put the target on them by being selfish, I can make sure they stay safe. If not for me, for their fans. 

"You okay?" Seokmin smiled, giving my hand a small squeeze. Humming in response, I want to cry. I want to tell him I'm tired, I'm sorry, I want this all to end. Soon it will end... I hope. One way or another. Whoever has to die, so be it. Dimitri, JiEun, Jungkook... me. If it makes sure my boys stay safe, I will sacrifice anything. 

Seeing everyone start to go inside, my senses kicked back in. 

"Yah!" Shouting, everyone stopped. Hansol's hand on the door handle, just about to open it. "Behind me." I know what Dimitri is capable of. I know his tricks. He will know this is where they live. 

Pulling my gun, I saw looks of fear follow me. Putting the key in the lock, I took a slight breath. Maybe I should ask them if they could move. But then again, Dimitri will probably be watching me like a hawk. No, I have protection for them, they should be fine. I won't make them pack up their whole life when their life is already so busy. 

Slowly walking up the stairs, I scanned the room quickly, always aiming my gun before turning fully. With the profession I have, you learn to have eyes in the back of your head, hear things you shouldn't really be able to hear. For example the very very slight noise of a floorboard creaking from upstairs. I doubt any of the boys would have heard it, and they're all downstairs, so who is it?

Holding my hand up as Mingyu and Jun had started following me upstairs, I put my finger to my lips and pointed up. 

Creeping upstairs, I heard laboured breathing coming from the door on the right. That was the bathroom, right? I think. Either the bathroom or Dino's room.

Kicking the door and aiming the gun quickly, I immediately turned covering my eyes. 

"Oh my fucking god, that is a sight I want burning from my memory immediately." Behind the door, did lay the bathroom. And in the bathroom, was Hooney... on the toilet. Nice. Something I never ever wanted to see. 

"Maybe knock next time?" He shouted, flushing the toilet then laughing. A moment later, he hopped down the stairs coming in for a hug. 

"Absolutely no way, I heard no tap running, wash your hands you dirty pig," scowling, I pointed to the kitchen sink. 

"Jeez noona, you're acting like a real mom," Dino laughed, but then stopped laughing when no one else was laughing. "I hate having 13 hyungs. In my next life, I will be the hyung, mark my words," scowling at them all, a few smirks emerged. 

"Hooney!" Bora shouted, after finally making up the stairs. Seeing Hooney embrace her, he pulled away coming in for a hug from me. 

Accepting the hug, I saw Seokmin look down. Soon, please god soon, let this shit show be over. Let me have a normal life with my not so normal stupidly talented boyfriend. 

"So, I came to scope the place knowing you were coming back. I've placed someone on the roof, and there will be a car parked down the street at all times. It's that blue one, so don't freak out, it's just mine, okay?" He told the guys, who all started nodding. "I have some... um... business to attend to, come by later and we can talk Clan and Serpent dealings?" Hooney smiled, giving me a kiss on the cheek. 

"I'll let Jungkook know, I have a list of targets to take out, remember?" Laughing a little whilst walking him to the door, he just nodded. 

"Be careful, okay? Anything you need, I'm here," he almost sounded like he meant it. He would mean it wholeheartedly if I gave him what he wanted, got into bed with him. Not gonna happen, not now, not ever again. Once was more than enough. 

"Go tend to your 'business'," I laughed, giving him air quotes as I locked the door. 

Heading back up, some had flopped on the sofas, some was ransacking the fridge, some were waiting at the top of the stairs. 

Scanning, I saw Seokmin disappear into his room, quickly shutting the door. 

"So, is he going to like, protect us?" Hansol asked, throwing me a soda. 

"Kind of. I've arranged The Clan, that's his gang, and The Serpents, that's Jungkook's gang, to sort of work together. I'm owed a lot of favours for not offing them, for keeping peace... kind of," slinking to the floor, I felt as though all my energy had just been zapped from me. I didn't even have energy to open the soda. Sitting there in silence for a minute, the last weeks events swirled around my head. 7 days since the tasks started, thats 7 targets, 3 robberies while I'm at it. Whatever Dimitri it trying to do, sabotage me, drain me, kill me, it might work. I'm exhausted. Mentally, physically, emotionally. 

Feeling the soda crack open, I saw Minghao smile as he sat next to me. At the other side, Mingyu flopped, putting his head on my shoulder. Without me thinking, I felt my cheeks get wet. 

"Hey, hey why are you crying?" Mingyu shot up immediately, holding my shoulders. 

"I'm tired, I'm terrified of what he's going to make me do. The letter from before, I know what he's going to make me do, and I'm terrified," as if a plug had been pulled, everything came flooding out. 

"Whatever it is, you have us, okay? We aren't going anywhere, unfortunately for you," he tried cheering me up, so I gave him a small smile. 

Then my phone pinged. Which means: new mission. 

From: Annoying stupid vodka obsessed dick

Time for some real fun, Hyolyn! This last week has been a warm up, but now for the main event. Attached is the last for the next thirteen days, I think we both know what's about to happen! Exciting! 

Remember, you fail, Sungho dies, then I pick off each one of your special boys one by one, leaving you last. 

Game on, Hyolyn. 

***

Fuck fuck fuck ME. Throwing my phone, it smacked into the wall, probably breaking it. 

"Hyo? Everything okay?" Jeonghan asked, putting his hand on my shoulder. Shrugging it off, I went to retrieve the phone to see the list. Even though I already knew what it was going to say. 

13 targets, 8 robberies, 4 lots of information. 

You're still MINE, Hyolyn. For now, you still do my business. 

***

Under it, was a list of names. My boys names. Bit of a random order, if you ask me. 

"What does it say?" Seungcheol sat next to Jeonghan, who just had a sad look in his eyes. 

Staying silent for a second, I bit my lip. 

"Each of you have to come on a mission with me." Silence. Nothing. 

"Hyo?" Looking up, Seokmin had reappeared. "We are here, okay? Whatever it is, we can handle it, right?" Coming to stand next to me, he slipped his hand in mine, giving it a squeeze while looking behind him at the guys.

"Do we... do we have to kill anyone?" Hansol asked, obvious fear in his face. 

"No. You just have to witness me doing Dimitri's dirty work. He wants to turn you against me, and trust me, it will work," mumbling the last part, Hoshi stood up. 

"Look, we can all pretend to be assassins for one single day, okay? We might be a bit useless, but no one is getting turned against you, we promise," putting his hand on my shoulder, I just nodded. 

"You should all get some rest, you all have to start back training tomorrow," reminding them of their day job, Seungcheol agreed with me. 

"Who's the first one? On the list?" Joshua asked. Checking again, I smiled to myself a bit. Well, kick it of with a Diva why don't we.

"Sorry Diva Boo, you're up," hearing a scoff, Hansol started laughing like a madman. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be laughing, but seriously Hyo, keep him on a leash and tape over his mouth," trying to make light of the situation, I laughed a bit too. 

"Up at 6am, we get details at 6:15," patting him on the head, he started moaning before heading upstairs slamming his door. 

All I can feel right now is guilt. He doesn't get a say whether he goes or not. He knows if he doesn't go, we die. But if he goes, there's the potential (albeit very slim, I'm in charge after all) of dying. If not dying, getting seriously hurt. 

But not on my watch. They will be there just because they have to. When I'm doing the killing, they will have their eyes closed. I can't have them witness it. 

"Now, bed," Jeonghan shooed everyone to their rooms, Chewy following Dino closely. 

"Night noona," he passed, giving me a pat on the head. 

"Everything okay?" After everyone was gone, I asked Seokmin. As soon as Hooney left, he disappeared for a bit. I know he hates the guy, but come on, I don't have a choice. 

"I just don't like seeing him all over you, I wanted to punch him, but he would have probably shot me," giving me a smirk, he pulled me in to his chest. "You're mine," he mumbled, like he does almost every day. 

"Go to bed, you have a long day ahead of you," looking up, I met his eyes. 

"Come on then," starting to drag me, I stopped him. 

"I just need to make a quick plan for tomorrow, clean my stuff, I won't be long," nodding to my bag, he just nodded back. 

"Don't be long," bending down, he put his lips on mine, lingering for a second. "I love you." Pecking my forehead, I just smiled as he shut his door. 

Before anything, I need a drink. 

Opening the fridge, I'd have to go shopping tomorrow, they have nothing in at all. I mean, they have just been holed up in a house in the countryside for a few weeks, what do you expect? 

Grabbing a few beers, I headed to the roof to clear my head. Seeing someone there, on instinct I pulled my gun, but remembered he was one of Hooneys. 

"Sorry," mumbling, I perched myself on the side of the roof, looking over the city. 

"No hard feelings. Hey, mind if I use the bathroom? I came straight from Hooney's stupid bar," giving me a little smile, I just nodded. 

"Be my guest. Upstairs, first door on the right. Be warned, Hooney was in there earlier," hearing him chuckle, he thanked me and left. He must only be what, like 18? 

A few seconds later, I heard the door reopen. That was quick. 

Another second later, a blanket was wrapped around my shoulders. 

"Aish, it's freezing out here, you'll catch a cold," he mumbled, sitting next to me. Opening the blanket, he accepted at pulled it around his shoulders, pressing his side against mine. Offering him a beer, he accepted that too.

"I'm sorry Wonwoo," mumbling, I watched the flashing lights dance around the city. 

"Hyo, please stop saying sorry, none of this is your fault," looking over to him, he looked into my eyes. Those eyes, I could get lost in them for a lifetime. 

"I put you of all people in the worst position. Your dad, Bora..." biting my lip, I took another swig. 

"I thought he was dead, you know? After everything that happened, him basically mind controlling me, when I broke free, when I lost you," he paused, staring into my soul. "Then he just seemed to drop off the face of the earth. I thought he was dead, and honestly? I was sad. Not that he was dead, but that I wasn't the one who did it. Now he's alive..." trailing, I knew where this was going. 

"You don't want to kill him Wonwoo, you don't want to kill anyone. It takes pieces of your soul. When I didn't know who I was, when Dimitri was controlling me, killing people was fun. Now I'm looking back, I was a psycho, a sociopath. I didn't care. Now... I can't do it. Not like I used to. It hurts me to do it. But if I don't do it, he will do it to you, and and I can't let it happen." Sitting in silence for a minute, he cleared his throat slightly. 

"Hyo?" Humming in response, I turned to look at him. "Thank you." Feeling his hand grab mine under the blanket, something inside me sparked. What was this? His touch was so familiar, so natural to me. 

"For what?" Mumbling, I felt the sleep coming to me quickly. But I didn't want it, I wanted to stay up talking to him all night. Is that selfish? 

"For coming back. For being back in our lives, for being back in mine. 5 years, no you. Worst 5 years of my life, I never want to repeat it. So be careful, okay? I know I have a long way to go, earning your trust. But tell Seungkwan I'm coming for his bestie crown," smirking to me, I felt my heart drop. Bestie? 

The voice in my head was screaming. 

Hyolyn, stop it. Seokmin is downstairs, waiting for you. Go to him. 

"Good luck, but i'll never reveal who my real best friend is," hearing the door open, the young guy came back on the roof, giving me a little wave and smile. "Now, bed. You have training." 

"Yes ma'am," he laughed, helping me up. "Night, Hyo," giving me a small hug at the top of the stairs, I felt as thought I was melting. 

Now is not the time to have an existential crisis, Hyolyn. You have the hardest thirteen days ahead of you. 

Now is the time to focus. 

Now is the time to fight. 

**********

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 1.8K 92
As Mickey and her boys enter a new phase of their newly formed relationship, things won't be easy, forcing them to either stick together or break apa...
6.4K 248 10
Sequel to Getting closer After the bombing, a new chapter starts in the lives of Seventeen, but will they succeed or will they fail into this new lif...
9.3M 278K 200
Seventeen Imagines for all 13 members •S.Coups •Jeonghan •Joshua •Jun •Hoshi •Wonwoo •Woozi •DK •Mingyu •The8 •Seungkwan •Hansol •Dino Book backgroun...
943 55 21
Three once inseparable brothers have now become distant and cold to each other. A tragedy of the past has become a trauma of the present. What will b...