More than Friends | (Fred Wea...

By ynhpstories

You've been best friends with Fred and George Weasley and Lee Jordan since First Year even if it is in a unex... More

Chapter 1. The Burrow
Chapter 2: Chaos at Kings Cross
Chapter 3: The Sorting Ceremony
Chapter 4: Dumbledore's Speech
Chapter 5: The first day
Chapter 6: The Ageing Potion
Chapter 7: The Other Two Schools
Chapter 8: The Secret Sleepover
Chapter 9: Entering the Tournament
Chapter 10: The Triwizard Chamions
Chapter 11: The First Task
Chapter 12: Lies
Chapter 13: Dancing Lessons
Chapter 14: Dates?
Chapter 15: Hogsmeade
Chapter 16: The Yule Ball
Chapter 17: Christmas
Chapter 18: The Question
Chapter 19: The Second Task
Chapter 20: Amortentia
Chapter 21: The Twins Chaotic Birthday
Chapter 22: The Third Task
Chapter 23: Back To The Burrow
Chapter 24: Bill and Charlie
Chapter 25: Birthday At The Burrow
Chapter 26: 12 Grimmauld Place
Chapter 27: Sirius Black
Chapter 28: The Order Of The Phoenix
Chapter 29: The Dementor Attack
Chapter 30: Back To Hogwarts
Chapter 31: Dumbledore's Interuption
Chapter 32: Dolores Umbridge
Chapter 33: Detention
Chapter 34: McGonagall vs Umbridge
Chapter 35: The Hogs Head
Chapter 36: Dumbledore's Army
Chapter 37: Attack On Arthur Weasley
Chapter 38: St Mungo's
Chapter 39: Veritaserum
Chapter 40: Chritmas Shopping
Chapter 41: Christmas Day
Chapter 42: Azkaban Breakout
Chapter 43: Quiddich Ban
Chapter 44: Quiddich Tryouts
Chapter 45: First Quiddich Match
Chapter 46: Patronus
Chapter 47: The Twins Grand Escape
Chapter 48: NEWTS
Chapter 49: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 50: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
Chapter 51: Results
Chapter 52: Letter From The Ministry
Chapter 53: Ministry Interview
Chapter 54: A Reply
Chapter 55: First Lesson
Chapter 56: A Test.
Chapter 57: Tough News
Announcement!
Chapter 58: News Over Tea
Chapter 59: Confessions
Chapter 60: The Battle Of The Astronomy Tower
Chapter 61: Another Scan
Chapter 63: The Battle of Eight Potters
Chapter 64: Miracles
Chapter 65: The Wedding
Chapter 66: Trouble At The Ministry
Chapter 67: Cooped up alone
Chapter 68: Bloody Injuries and Broken Hearts
Chapter 69: A Surprisingly Calm Christmas
Chapter 70: Two New Arrivals
Chapter 71: Bringing them Home
Chapter 72: Sleepless Nights
Chapter: 73: A Fast Escape
Chapter 74: Home Away From Home
Chapter 75: The Letter and The Castle
Chapter 76: The Battle Of Hogwarts
Chapter 77: The Fall
Chapter 78: The Reunion and the Goodbye
Chapter 79: The Dress and The Suit
Chapter 80: Thirteen Years Later
The End!

Chapter 62: The Funeral

1K 18 14
By ynhpstories

Y/n's POV:
The days loomed closer and closer to Dumbledore's funeral, it was the funeral tomorrow morning, my cheeks were tear stained and my eyes were puffy and red.

I hung a simple black, long dress on the edge of my wardrobe to release all the wrinkles and letting it fall straight. I sat on the edge of my bed, staring out of the window at the tall buildings of muggle London and the winding road of diagon alley. A hand rubbed my growing bump, talking lightly to the twins. Telling them how much I love them and how competitive Uncle George and Uncle Lee are getting about being a better uncle.

Fred walked into the room and looked at me with a warm smile before coming to sit next to me and joining in my conversation with the babies.

"You know bean and pea, Uncle George and Uncle Lee are fighting over you both already." Fred smiled, lightly rubbing my bump.

"I just told them about that." I smiled, giving Fred a kiss on the cheek before kissing my hand and putting it on my bump, repeating the same thing.

"We should think of names." Fred said happily.

"That's probably a good idea. But we should wait until after the funeral." I replied, cuddling my way into Fred's chest, feeling my eyes go heavy and close.

I woke up the next morning protectively wrapped in Fred's arms, I was in my pyjamas and cuddled under the blanket. Fred's eyes were lovingly staring at me, a small smile formed on his lips.

"It's rude to stare love." I said groggily.

"But you look beautiful when you sleep." Fred replied , slightly tightening his grip on me.

"What time is it?" I asked, burrowing my head into his chest.

"8:30am." Fred said into my ear before kissing my cheek

"We should probably leave soon, the funeral starts at 10:30." I said, pulling away from his chest and swinging my legs off the bed.

I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth and have a quick shower. The warm water hit my body and I gave a satisfying sigh. My feet were no longer visible over my bump which was sort of weird but a smile grew onto my face. After my shower, I used a spell to dry my hair and slightly curled the ends with a hair curler, my parents gave it to me before they moves away. I applied light but smart looking makeup before changing into my black dress, it went down to my feet, it was a tight and plain dress which enhanced the size of my bump. I slid on some sandals and grabbed a small bag for my wand,  extra makeup and tissues.

I made my way down the corridor towards the living room where the three men were. All of them wearing smart jeans and a plain black shirt. Smart dress shoes and neat hair. I tried to sneak my way into the kitchen to make us all some breakfast but of course it fails.

"Y/n! Stop!" Lee called. "We said your not doing breakfast!"

"I'm only 13 weeks!" I replied, all three of them turned to face me, stern looks painted on all three of their faces.

"With twins." George said

"So..." I questioned.

"You need to relax. Your growing two humans." Lee replied, edging closer to me to direct me away from the kitchen and towards a chair at the table.

"I give up!" I said, throwing my hands in the air, taking a seat at the table with an annoyed huff.

"So what do you want for breakfast." Fred asked, taking a seat next to mine.

"Bean and pea want pancakes with bacon." I said, rubbing my bump.

"Pancakes with bacon coming up!" Fred, George and Lee all shouted before running into the kitchen.

"I don't think it takes three people to make pancakes you know!" I said with a giggle. "Oh bean and pea, daddy, uncle George and uncle Lee have no idea what to do in the kitchen." I lowered my voice to tell the twins.

"WE HEARD THAT!" All three of them shouted from the kitchen.

"Am I wrong?" I laughed.

"Yes!" George said.
"Your so wrong!" Lee added.
"No, we're hopeless." Fred admitted.

"So let me come and help!" I said with a wide smile on my face.

"NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT!" The three yelled.

I burst out into a fit of lighter whilst I waited for the three of them to make four lots of pancakes and bacon, the smell of both filled the room and a smile spread across my face.

We ate breakfast in a rush because their hopeless efforts put us behind. We ran around the house collecting our things. Well I had a fast waddle. We quickly left the house, making sure it was properly locked and secured. Fred grabbed my hand and we apparated to the edge of Hogsmeade village

The four of us walked up the cobbled path towards Hogwarts castle. It will still dark from when I had been there a few weeks earlier. Tiles and bricks were still missing from the castle and cracks ran up the walls.

But somehow, it still feels magical.

Fred gripped my hand tightly and held it back just as tight. We noticed that George and Lee were also holding hands, their fingers interlocked with each other. Fred looked at me with a smug smile, I shook my head no, not letting him take the micky out of them.

"Their so much like us." Fred whispered to me.

"I know. They'll come around." I whispered back with a happy smile on my face. I knew that Lee likes George, but I don't know if George likes Lee.

"You know, George really likes Lee." Fred smiled to me, saying it quietly so only I could hear.

"Lee likes George too, don't tell anyone!" I whispered back. Fred nodded and we joined back in the conversation with small smiles on our faces.

We arrived at the black lake where rows of chairs faced a long white table. A few people sat in the chairs, Remus and Tonks were holding hands, the former minister of magic, Molly and Arthur, Bill being helped helped into the chair by Fleur along with other ministry officials. Me, Fred, George and Lee sat down in the forth row of chairs, just behind Molly and Arthur and alongside Bill and Fleur.

The warmth of the sun caressed my face as I noticed Professor McGonagall leading the house of Gryffindor towards the chairs in silence, the only sound was that of the merpeople rising to the surface of the black lake. 

The castle ghosts were coming down too. They floated out of the castle and down to the lake, barely visible in the bright sunlight, discernible only when they moved, shimmering insubstantially in the gleaming air.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny filed into seats at the end of a row beside the lake. People were whispering to each other, I was whispering to the twins and Lee, holding back many tears; it sounded like a breeze in the grass, but the birdsong was louder by far.

The crowd continued to swell; with a great rush of affection for both of them, I saw Neville being helped into a seat by Luna. They alone of all the DA had responded to Hermione's summons the night that Dumbledore had died, I had felt the coin heat in my pocket that night. But I was already there, and I knew why: they were the ones who had missed the DA most ... probably the ones who had checked their coins regularly in the hope that there would be another meeting ...

Cornelius Fudge walked past us towards the front rows, his expression miserable, twirling his green bowler hat as usual; I next recognised Rita Skeeter, who, I was infuriated to see, had a notebook clutched in her red-tamed hand; and then, with a worse jolt of fury, Dolores Umbridge, an unconvincing expression of grief upon her toadlike face, a black velvet bow set atop her iron-coloured curls. Me and the twins have the woman a nasty stare before turning back around. At the sight of the centaur Firenze, who was standing like a sentinel near the water's edge, she gave a start and scurried hastily into a seat a good distance away.

The staff were seated at last. I could see Scrimgeour looking grave and dignified in the front row with Professor McGonagall. I wondered whether Scrimgeour or any of these important people were really sorry that Dumbledore was dead and he forgot his dislike of the Ministry in looking around for the source of it. I was not the only one: many heads were turning, searching, a little alarmed.

I heard the faint footsteps coming down and crunching on the warm summer grass. I nudged Fred's arm and he turned is head.

Hagrid was walking slowly up the aisle between the chairs. He was crying quite silently, his face gleaming with tears, and in his arms, wrapped in purple velvet spangled with golden stars, was what I knew to be Dumbledore's body. A sharp pain rose in my throat at this sight: for a moment, the strange music and the knowledge that Dumbledore's body was so close seemed to take all warmth from the day. the twins looked white and shocked. Tears were falling thick and fast into my lap. Fred held me tight as I sobbed silently into his chest, a few tears dripping onto my bump.

I could not see clearly what was happening at the front, the tears fogged my vision. Hagrid seemed to have placed the body carefully upon the table. Now he retreated down the aisle, blowing his nose with loud trumpeting noises that drew scandalised looks from some, including, I saw, Dolores Umbridge...but I knew that Dumbledore would not have cared. I tried to make a friendly gesture to Hagrid as he passed, but Hagrid's eyes were so swollen it was a wonder he could see where he was going. I glanced at the back row to which Hagrid was heading and realised what was guiding him, for there, dressed in a jacket and trousers each the size of a small mar-quee, was the giant Grawp, his great ugly boulder-like head bowed, docile, almost human. Hagrid sat down next to his half-brother and Grawp palled Hagrid hard on the head, so that his chair legs sank into the ground. A small smile formed on my lips before facing the front once again.

A little tufty-haired man in plain black robes had got to his feet and stood now in front of Dumbledore's body. I could not hear what he was saying. Odd words floated back to them over the hundreds of beads.

"Nobility of spirit ... intel-lectual contribution... greatness of heart" ... it did not mean very much.

Tears flooded down my face, leaving a slight puddle on my bump. I pulled out my tissues from my bag and dapped it over my eyes, drying the tears that were relentlessly falling from my face. I zoned out on the man's speech, my head hung low and I leaned into Fred's side. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close to him as I sobbed into the side of his suit jacket.

There was a soft splashing noise to his left and he saw that the merpeople had broken the surface to listen, too after sinking back under before the students arrived. I remembered Dumbledore crouching at the water's edge two years ago, very close to where I now sat, and conversing in Mermish with the Merchieftainess. I wondered where Dumbledore had learned Mermish. There was so much no one had never asked him, so much we should have said ...

And then, without warning, it swept over me, the dreadful truth, more completely and undeniably than it had until now. Dumbledore was dead, gone ... I twiddled my promise ring around my finger, fidgeting to prevent my tears. But it didn't work. I could not prevent hot tears spilling from my eyes: I looked away from Fred and the others and stared out over the lake, towards the Forest, as the little man in black droned on ... there was movement among the trees. The centaurs had come to pay their respects, too. They did not move into the open but I saw them standing quite still, half-hidden in shadow, watching the wizards, their bows hanging at their sides. And I remembered my first nightmarish trip into the Forest with Fred and George in first year, the first time he had ever encountered the centaur, helping me when I got lost.

The little man in black had stopped speaking at last and resumed his seat. I waited for somebody else to get to their feet; I expected speeches, probably from the Minister, but nobody moved. Then several people screamed. Bright, white flames had erupted around Dumbledore's body and the table upon which it lay: higher and higher they rose, obscuring the body. White smoke spiralled into the air and made strange shapes: I thought, for one heart-stopping moment, that I saw a phoenix fly joyfully into the blue, but next second the fire had vanished.

In its place was a white marble tomb, encasing Dumbledore's body and the table on which he had rested. There were a few more cries of shock as a shower of arrows soared through the air, but they fell far short of the crowd. It was, I knew, the centaurs' tribute: I saw them turn tail and disappear back into the cool trees. Likewise the merpeople sank slowly back into the green water and were lost from view.

I looked at Fred, George and Lee: George's face was screwed up as though the sunlight was blinding him. My face was glazed with tears, but was no longer crying.

Dumbledore had died.

The crowd began to rise up from their seats, so did me and the boys. Fred was holding onto my hand and a hand had been resting on my bump. We walked up the isle not looking at anyone until I bumped into someone but a small devilish and recognisable laugh.

"Sorry." I muttered with my head down. But it rose to meet the eyes of Dolores Umbridge.

"Ahh Miss Y/l/n, why didn't you see where I was going." She asked, sounding intimidating.

"Sorry Dolores, I just wasn't looking." I replied.

"Pity. And it's Professor Umbridge to you." She said.

"No it's not. Your not a professor and I'm not a student anymore." I quipped at her.

"Clearly." She said, disgusted as she looked down at my bump.

"Excuse me!" I said, matching her disgust which was not present on her face.

"I said your clearly not a student." She said once more, looking back down at my bump.

"Is it because I'm pregnant!" I said, raising my voice slightly at the woman.

Umbridge didn't say anything except give a small and curt nod. I gave a loud scoff and barged her shoulder as I walked away. But I could hear her mutter.

"Poor child, child of a filthy mudblood." She said, a little too loudly. I turned around and walked back to the woman as did Fred.

"Number one, it's children. I'm having twins. Number two, you cannot act better than anyone else, halfblood." I sneered at the woman. Her mouth dropped open about to say something.

But before she could, George and Lee made clip clopping sounds from behind me and Fred. The woman screamed and ran away from the four of us.

"Thanks guys." I said, hugging George and Lee tightly.

"Your welcome. That was badass for a pregnant woman." George said, releasing me from the hug.

"So I wouldn't be as good if I wasn't pregnant." I smiled cheekily.

"No Y/n, not like that." Lee finished, his face loosened when he saw my smiling face which was holding back laughter.

My attention shifted over to the lake. Ginny sat at the edge of the water, her head was hung low and burrowed in her hands and knees.

"Give me a minute." I said to the boys. I made my way over to Ginny, her sobs were muffled and fast.

"Ginny, can I sit?" I asked. Ginny nodded her head but not raising it from her knees. It was a struggle to get down, considering I am pregnant with twins and I feel the size of a whale. But none the less, I sat down next to Ginny at the edge of the water.

I redirected her head onto my shoulder, I let her sob there until she was ready. After a while, she raised her head to face me. Her eyes were red and puffy, cheeks massively stained by tears and more were forming in her eyes.

"Ginny, what's wrong?" I asked calmly and sweetly to the young fifth year, holding her tight in my arms.

"It's Harry, he broke up with me." Ginny sobbed, more tears escaping her eyes and dripping onto hers and my lap.

I sat there speechless, but I hugged the young girl tightly in my arms, her arm rested on my bump and she rubbed it slightly. We sat there for a while as she sobbed and I hugged her tightly, the only thing that stopped us was Professor McGonagall told all the students to go inside.

"I'll see you in a few weeks. Then you can see bean and pea." I smiled as I hugged the girl.

"I can't wait. I'll be the best aunt." Ginny said happily.

"You will be. Now go before you get into trouble."

I watched as Ginny's back retreated towards the castle whilst me, Fred, George and Lee walked back to Hogsmeade to apparate back home.

A/n: Happy Sunday! I hope you have had a great week. I'm so sorry for not publishing last week, I had a important exam for my college course. It was 20 hours over 5 days. So I didn't have time to write and revise. I also passed my theory test for driving on Friday. But I hope you have enjoyed this part and I'm sorry if it's boring. Thank you for 14.8k followers on my TikTok. I hope you stay safe and healthy. Have a great day :)

From
~Ella

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 93.1K 110
Maeve, was a quite unique girl. Whoever witnessed her smile or laugh was instantly intoxicated by her presence, and thats what happened to a particul...
55K 820 35
You're a Gryffindor in your sixth(or fifth. Whatever year they're in in goblet of fire) year with Fred and George Weasley. You'd been best friends si...
1.3M 38K 96
When Alice transfers from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts, everything changes, she leaves many things behind. Or at least she thinks she does. But then she m...
699K 14.4K 74
Fred Weasley and Y/n L/n are best friends since they met at King Cross station in their first year. Soon they caught feelings for each other. Who wil...