Black Blood

By Darkyph

Celeste's life is far from the enchanting fairy tale one might expect from a princess. Her father, a ruthless... More

Black Blood
Map
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Extra: The four night riders
Book 1 Feedback page
Book 2: Black Witch
-B2- Prologue
-B2- Chapter 1
-B2- Chapter 2
-B2- Chapter 3
-B2- Chapter 4
-B2- Chapter 5
-B2- Chapter 6
-B2- Chapter 7
-B2- Chapter 8
-B2- Chapter 9
-B2- Chapter 10
-B2- Chapter 11
-B2- Chapter 12
-B2- Chapter 13
-B2- Chapter 14
-B2- Chapter 15
-B2- Chapter 16
-B2- Chapter 17
-B2- Chapter 18
-B2- Chapter 19
-B2- Chapter 20
-B2- Chapter 21
-B2- Chapter 22
-B2- Chapter 23
-B2- Chapter 24
-B2- Chapter 25
-B2- Chapter 26
-B2- Chapter 27
-B2- Chapter 28
-B2- Chapter 29
-B2- Chapter 30
-B2- Chapter 31
-B2- Chapter 32
-B2- Chapter 33
-B2- Chapter 34
-B2- Chapter 35
-B2- Chapter 36
-B2- Chapter 37
-B2- Chapter 38
-B2- Chapter 39
-B2- Chapter 40
-B2- Chapter 41
-B2- Chapter 42
-B2- Chapter 43
-B2- Chapter 44
-B2- Chapter 45
-B2- Chapter 46
-B2- Chapter 47
-B2- Chapter 48
-B2- Chapter 49
-B2- Chapter 50
-B2- Chapter 51
-B2- Chapter 52
-B2- Chapter 53
-B2- Chapter 54
-B2- Chapter 55
-B2- Chapter 56
-B2- Chapter 57
-B2- Chapter 58
-B2- Chapter 59
-B2- Chapter 60
-B2- Chapter 61
-B2- Chapter 62
-B2- Chapter 63
-B2- Chapter 64
-B2- Chapter 65
-B2- Chapter 66
-B2- Chapter 67
-B2- Chapter 68
-B2- Chapter 69
-B2- Chapter 70
-B2- Chapter 71
-B2- Chapter 72
-B2- Chapter 73
-B2- Chapter 74
-B2- Chapter 75
-B2- Chapter 76
-B2- Chapter 77
-B2- Chapter 78
-B2- Chapter 79
-B2- Chapter 80
-B2- Chapter 81
-B2- Chapter 82
-B2- Chapter 83
-B2- Chapter 84

Prologue

2K 434 297
By Darkyph

Long ago, about 350 years, there were two brothers named Yin and Yang. The two wizards grew up in a wealthy family. In the busy streets of Livas, people spoke contemptuously of the twins; they were seen as restless, foolish, but most of all, rude and spoiled. The villagers understood the children's behavior, having a busy father with loose hands, a mother who cared only for beautiful dresses, and no one who really cared for them, what could be blamed on them?

Yet little changed as the brothers grew older. They remained spoiled and, despite all the money, lacked something in their lives, power. They wanted to become the two most powerful wizards that had ever existed. They were not the first to have thought of it and would not be the last. The two brothers were laughed at when they shared their life goals with others. No one believed them. Contempt and disbelief made the two brothers determined to achieve their goal.

In the first years, they created new spells, tried to convince everyone of their power, but no one took them seriously. Slowly, the two brothers were driven to madness, creating more dangerous spells and practicing forbidden magic. Everyone dismissed them as the two crazy brothers from a bad family.

After a decade without success, they turned their attention to the life lines.

The magic in our world is fueled by four energy lines in the ground, also known as the life lines. All magic and supernatural beings are connected to that magic. Over the years, names have been given based on their location: Blood, Air, Water, and Light. We are all connected to at least one, depending on which magic you were born with. If the magic in a life line loses its power, all connected beings are doomed to become human. If a line dies out, all creatures die with it. A line only dies out if its magic is too dark. Think of it as a candle with wax that keeps refilling itself. In principle, the candle will never go out, only if the flame becomes so large that the wax burns too quickly.

Yin and Yang were so blinded by their desire for power that they took the risk. They each connected themselves to an additional line, but even that magic was not enough. With the three darkest spells ever known, they connected the four lines to themselves. They were no longer dependent on the lines; the lines were dependent on them.

They had achieved their goal but paid a price they had not even foreseen. So much magic proved uncontrollable. They were consumed until there was nothing left of them but two evil spirits. All human and rational thoughts had disappeared. They caused irreparable damage. Thousands of buildings, pieces of nature, and people did not survive.

The brothers seemed invincible until, after more than 100 years, the nymphs found a solution. Killing the two brothers was not an option, the lines would die with them. The nymphs captured the spirits and locked them in the form of two fish. The fish were cursed, forever forced to swim around each other in a pond of one square meter.

The problem with the two brothers was solved as far as possible. The life lines were heavily damaged, leaving little of the world. Something or someone was needed to protect the lines.

Once again, the nymphs found a solution. From the ashes of the Blood Mountain, the place where all life lines intersect, the nymphs founded four dragon eggs. The fastest, most powerful, and darkest dragons ever to exist were later known as the Nazu. With the ashes of the Blood Mountain, a plant from each line, and the water in which Yin and Yang swim, the nymphs created a spell. Two girls and two boys were born, with exceptional strength and knowledge, each fully connected to a life line. They had the magic to speak any spell with a snap of their fingers, control the wind, and have a powerful nose for mischief. They never fell ill, were immortal and invincible. They were known as the Night Riders. They restored balance to the world, healed the lines, and protected them.

After a hundred years of service, this burden became too great. They begged the nymphs to rid them of their power. The nymphs agreed, and a new circle began. Every hundred years, two girls and two boys are born with a magical heritage. The Nazu also gets a new generation. During their teenage years, their magic develops until they possess all their powers at the age of eighteen.

The four original dragons died of old age. The original Night Riders remained immortal but were nothing more than four magicians. Eventually, most took their own lives.

Not everyone was happy with the arrival of the Night Riders. They saw the amount of power as dangerous and unfair. Attempts were made to kill them, but none succeeded. No one knew what would happen if a Night Rider were to die before the new one was born. It was not even certain if the circle would continue, if the lines would survive, and what would happen to Yin and Yang. There was no cause for concern; they were unbeatable, and ultimately, no one came close to a real murder.

Centuries passed peacefully, at least until a new king came to power 40 years ago. His hatred for the Night Riders is so great that he will do anything to kill them, to have that power himself. What the king does not know is that his daughter is one of those Night Riders, and that I am that daughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 1.1K 90
In a world where humans and magic are separated, four powerful dragon riders, the night riders, should protect magic. 100 years ago, the night riders...
20.7K 787 27
TEASER: "No fiancée of mine needs to learn how to fight." His breath flows upon the prickling skin of my neck. I close my eyes, involuntarily shu...
3.9K 78 26
Celeste Constantine is no normal girl, not even in modern day standards. It's 2020 and Celeste lives in a small apartment, with her cat Smile and her...
8.3K 843 67
A violent passion. A dangerous bond. A nightmare that will change everything. To Ava, love is about as real as fairytales. But it might be that fairy...