ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴀ sʜᴏᴛ. (ᴄᴀᴍɪʟᴏ ᴍ.)

By cochorei_

"I don't think that you have a chance with her, hermano." "It's worth a shot." "She's literally older than yo... More

[ ☘︎ ]
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
[☘︎]

22

6.6K 323 992
By cochorei_

I'm feeling bitter tonight so have fun with this angst-y chapter. :)

I'm not good at writing angst but I'm desperate right now so keep up with me— please. :D

— [ ☘︎ ] —

You don't know how this happened, you were just having breakfast with the Madrigals when Señora Madrigal announced that there will be a new family of three that moved into town.

Of course, you didn't pay much attention to it nor bother being emphatic towards the new family.

You just focused on your suitor's adorable face while eating the meal that Julieta made.

Although, Señora Madrigal's last statement made you stop from taking a bite from the Arepa.

"Camilo, you'll be in charge of them, make sure that you'll help them settle in." Alma said as she stood up from her seat. "Luisa and Mirabel will help, don't make them uncomfortable."

After saying those words, she walked away from table.

Worried glance was thrown on Camilo's away and he just shrugged them off, turning his attention to you. "Can you bless me with your presence today while doing my chores?"

No nervousness or anxiety can be seen on his beautiful hazel eyes. Just a glint of love, adoration and passion, also just a little tiny bit of pleading behind those glint.

You loved how Camilo became confident for the past few days, it's been a week since he asked if he can court you and you had been feeling happy ever since.

You took the last bite from your Arepa and caress his head, ruffling his hair in the process as you stood up.

"Sure, I can't stay for long though. I need to help mama in the shop." You murmured and pushed the chair back into the table.

"Let's get going then! I want to stay with you as much as I can." Camilo hurriedly chew on his remaining food.

Luisa and Mirabel both stood up, kissing their mother's cheek as they went over to your side.

"Primo's not nervous around you anymore, huh?" Mirabel gave you a playful nudge making you giggle, shaking your head as your reply to her question.

"I guess he calmed down after a few days." You sighed, staring at the younger man to finish his food.

"He's head over heels for you, Y/n, but if he did something stupid, you should just knock him out." Luisa stated, flexing her muscles to you.

Her advice made you laugh under your breath, a smile adoring your features. "Yes, yes. I will knock him out if he did something stupid."

Luisa returned the smile to you and patted your head, "Good. He's still young and so are you, I don't have any experience in this kind of field, but I won't hesitate to help you, okay?"

Your heart melted at her words, you swore that if Camilo wasn't pursuing you then you'll go after Luisa. She's more of capable than any man that you know— well, sorry about that Camilo.

"Hey now, I should be giving her an advice instead, she's my best friend." Dolores chimed beside you.

She wasn't there earlier, it was just you, Luisa and Mirabel, but now, she's right beside you with a crossed arms and a Mirabel nowhere in sight.

"I was just being friendly, sheesh." Luisa raised both of her arms in surrender. "I'm not taking away your best friend."

Dolores rolled her eyes at Luisa playfully, a large yet polite grin on her lips. "Sure, we all like her, especially my hermano."

She giggled before glancing at you, she knew that you aren't that easy to get flustered but trying it once in a while isn't bad right?

You only rolled your eyes at her statement, "Obviously. Who wouldn't like this sexy piece of meat?" You motioned on your body, a smirk plastered on face.

"Anyone who wouldn't like you is dumb, hermosa!" Camilo's voice made the three of you look at him.

You snorted at him, waving your hand dismissively before grabbing his warm hand with yours. "Let's go help the new family to settle in."

The three of you started to walk away, Dolores had to stay behind so she can help her Tia Julieta on washing the dishes.

"What do you think they'll look like?" Camilo's voice is filled with joy and excitement.

Your eyes stayed at the path infront of you, looking out because you don't want to trip while your lover boy  blabber about how excited he is to meet the new people in town.

You weren't thinking of anything bad, but as the three of you neared the new house- a dreadful feeling made its way on your chest.

Camilo immediately let go of your hand, shifting into the old man that looks like the father before to turning back to himself after he startled the poor man.

Your eyes trailed at new girl, she seem at the same age of Camilo and you couldn't help but get conscious about that fact.

You thought that Camilo wouldn't be that friendly with her, but boy, were you wrong.

As soon as the shapeshifter finished greeting the lovely couple, his eyes landed on the lady behind them, looking shy and flustered as she tried to hide.

She's beautiful, you're not gonna lie, but that only added to the dreadful and sickening feeling in your guts.

Your breath got caught in your throat when you saw Camilo held her hand and kissed her knuckles which made the girl become a blushing mess.

Your chest swelled painfully, eyes glistening ever so slightly as he continued to make the girl flustered.

"May I get your name, hermosa? I'm Camilo Madrigal by the way!" He cheerfully informed her, a teasing and wide grin on his face.

You suddenly felt conscious of your face, your age and even your own name.

"The name's Estrella.. Estrella Serrano." The lady tucked a loose hair behind her ear.

"Oh! What a beautiful name for a pretty lady, it suits you!" Camilo beamed towards her, his eyes sparkling like the way it shine when he heard or saw something he likes. You know that look too much because he would give that same look when he's right next beside you.

You can see Luisa glancing at her cousin with hardened gaze, but the boy stayed oblivious at that. He seemed to forget about your presence completely.

And that fact only added more heaviness on your chest, you feel like your heart will explode from too much pain you're feeling.

You continued watching Camilo compliment Estrella and the girl could only bashfully smile while hiding her face with her hair.

Your lips pursed when Camilo laughed at something that she said, his voice is loud enough for you and Luisa to hear his words. "I may be handsome but have you seen your face? There's nothing that can be compared to your beauty."

You're unfamiliar with this feeling, it was your first time and you despised it- no, you hate it.

The feeling make all kinds of negative thoughts crept inside your head, you don't know how to stop it.

You turned around, not sure if you can watch any longer and Luisa was quick to look at you, grabbing your shoulders with firm hold.

"Hey, are you okay?" Her voice laced with worry and you can hear a tiny tone of annoyance.

You forced a smile, eyes glistening with dull and pain that glanced with her bright and shocked ones.

"I'm fine. I just need to go now because I promised mama to help her." Your voice is low and slow, almost as if you didn't want to talk to her at all.

Luisa looks like she wanted to say something but decided against it, nodding solemnly as she let go of your shoulders.

You turned your head back to look at Camilo and Estrella, the sight of him hugging her so casually while smiling warmly made your heart ache.

He don't have the guts to hug you nor make a first move to hold your hand, but he had the guts to wrap his arms around the new girl?

You know that he declared that he loves you— oh wait. He didn't say anything about loving you, he just asked if he can court you and you agreed without any hesitation.

Your lips pursed at your realization and took a deep breath, you didn't want for him to hear your shaky voice but you want to see if he'll at least try to stop you from leaving.

"Camilo, I have to go.." Your voice sounded so hurt, it made the old couple look at you with worry, heck even Luisa looked at you. You don't want them to look at you like that but you can't help but let it slip.

Yet, the boy that you wanted to look at you didn't bat an eye to your direction.

He only turned his head and he didn't even look away from Estrella. "Take care, Y/n! I'll see you later!"

You frowned, tears finally threatening to fall down your cheeks, but you didn't want to be seen at your vulnerable state.

So you just quickly turned around and cast a side glance at the taller woman, Luisa's eyes widened when she saw a tear fall from your left eye.

"Y/n—" She called out but you were fast to walk away.

You don't know if you have the rights to feel hurt by his actions, he's not your lover— he's just your suitor or friend, if you want to call him that.

But you're not oblivious with your feelings, you know that you're already feeling something for him, you were ready to accept him as yours, you were ready to listen and become his, but now.. You're unsure of that.

You can't help but remember the loving and determined look that he gave you when he asked if he can court you.

"It hurts, but I can't tell him to stop." You murmured and you chuckled bitterly, eyes looking down on the ground as you made your way back home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 154 13
Y/n is a normal, kind sweet teenager who gets terrible treatment from her father because she loves the Madrigals and has a crush on one of them. Her...
40.8K 1.5K 11
"How does being a Madrigal sound to you?" - [ ✧ ] The Madrigals are known to be a happy, helpful and caring family around the magical town of Encanto...
34.4K 729 33
𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐎 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐒 𝐀 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋 𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐒. 𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒...
34.2K 810 17
Y/n L/n, the 'weird' girl in town. Well, at least in the previous village she had lived in. Now she was in a place her friend recommended. The Encant...