17

"Oh! Mami, there you are!" Camilo's voice sounded very excited so Pepa didn't waste anytime to look up at her son.

A bright and large grin was placed on Camilo's lips, an envelope and a bouquet of sunflowers on each hand.

"What is it, hijo?" Pepa asked, eyes glinting with pure curiosity.

Camilo walked over to his beloved mother and gave her a kiss on the cheek- the usual greeting that he'll give to his mother.

Then he placed the envelope on the table with the sunflowers.

Pepa raised a brow at this, staring at the (color) ribbon that's keeping the bouquet of beautiful sunflowers together.

"You see.. I gave the exact bouquet to Y/n a while ago.." Camilo rubbed the back of his neck, sheepishly grinning at his mother.

"A note was attached to the stem before, I thought that a note isn't just enough to make them smile so I'm thinking of sending a letter this time- wait, mami, are you okay?" Camilo immediately cut himself off from rambling when he saw Pepa tearing up.

Pepa sniffed, wiping her tears from the corner of her eyes as she let out a soft laugh.

"My son is growing up." His mother mused with a proud smile. "I'm glad that you're pursuing her slowly, mijo."

Her hand caressed his cheek gently which to her son leaned to it so quickly.

"Just make sure to not break the girl's heart, mijo.. She's your sister's best friend and I don't want for two of you to get into a fight if you made her cry." Pepa stated, she knew how important you are to Dolores, that's why she's giving this advice to his son early on.

Camilo shook his head, paling ever so slightly at his mother's words.

"I would never make her cry! If I did then it would be out of joy!" Camilo huffed, brows furrowing.

Pepa could only smile wider at her son's words, joy and excitement glint dancing on her eyes.

"Well then, what did you need from me?" She cooed, pinching her son's cheek.

"Just like what I'm saying earlier, I gave her a note before but this time, I'm thinking of sending a letter.. I'm not sure about it because we're not that close yet.." Camilo's gaze trailed down on the floor.

"It was really heard for me to keep myself calm even after I take the breathing exercise.." His lips formed into a pout, making his mother laugh.

"But! I promise I'm trying!" His eyes met Pepa's loving ones, "I promise that I'm doing my best to talk to her properly, although I do feel nervous around her."

"I mean, who wouldn't feel nervous? She's gorgeous! She's too perfect for every boys and girls in the village! Her smile is just so adorable, it never fail to take my breath away, mami. It's getting annoying that I can't talk to her, but everyone in the village can! I want to talk to her too you know? Like, I'll just sit there and listen to her ramble about how her day went." Camilo sighed deeply, brows furrowing even further as he grip his poncho in his hands.

Pepa could only listen to her son blabber about you again. She's not complaining.

She love the look on her son's eyes.
It's the look of love, adoration, happiness and excitement.

The same look that Felix gave her when they got together, it's the same look that she gave him when they're together.

She knew that it wouldn't take long for her family to grow. Her son obviously loves every inch of you considering the way he blabber about you so of course, he's probably already thinking marrying you as he speak.