10

Dolores always wandered how the two of you got along the moment you two bumped into each other.

You two are the complete opposite, yet almost the same.

The beautiful Madrigal are calm, collected, quiet and obedient.

While you on the other hand- moody, slightly talkative and quite a trouble maker since you know? The love and hate relationship that you have with the people of Encanto.

So the question was left unanswered inside of Dolores's brain.

Was it because you always listen to her ramble on the things that she cannot tell anyone especially when it includes her family? Was it because how you would calm her down when she's having one of her panic attacks?

She can hear every talk, every words, every gossip of everyone in the town. Even the forbidden ones.

She sometimes wonder how her gift is a gift when she can hear all the bad things pointed to her and her family, she always wonder how is it a gift when she can hear the agonizing screams and cries of a stranger every night?

How can she consider it a gift when she can hear every argument of each parents then hearing their children's whimpers and quiet whispers to make it stop?

Yet, she still considered it a gift because she can hear the truth out of everyone's mouth.

Oh right, she wondered why she never heard you mutter something bad about her because it's either just about how troublesome your day was or just some random words about random things.

Realtalk, she doesn't know how you and her became friends in the first place, she always put up an invisible barrier between her, her family and the people in town.

(Of course they got closer when the Casita broke down to debris, with the help of Mirabel, although we're talking about their past selves—)

But you destroyed that barrier with an encouraging words and a warm hug that made her cry and relax.

Receiving her gifts made her restless especially when she got gifted with an non soundproof bedroom but she found the peacefulness she's been searching in your presence- in your arms.

You're very important for her- just as much important as her family.

That's why, when she heard the news that her brother took a liking towards you? She almost broke down right there.

She love her hermano, she really do, but he can be a quite handful at times and she doesn't know if her hermano's little crush towards you is just a joke or one of his pranks.

But seeing how nervous and anxious he acts in your presence? It drastically changed her opinion about him, but it still doesn't change the fact that she thinks he's out of your league.

She didn't want to help him, no. She really don't.

Y/n Madrigal. She mused in her mind.

The sound of your name with her family's last name in it is starting to get tempting for her to give Camilo an every once in a while chance.

Y'know? To be alone with you.

But first things first, she need to ask your opinion about her little brother- without you being suspicious of course.

You can be quite observant sometimes, silently judging everyone that pass by your figure and silently giving them an opinion inside your mind.

You spilled it to Dolores one time and oh boy, was she shocked and intrigued at the same time.