05

Camilo is in his room, mind clouded with your face and smiles as his mother let him pour his heart out.

"I don't know what's happening, mami." Camilo started.

"I tried eating Tia Julieta's arepa to see if I'll be okay but my heart still feels like it will explode everytime I see her." He admitted with a frown.

Pepa raised an eyebrow at her son's statement, but nonetheless rubbed his back soothingly.

"It's fine, mijo. You're fine. Nothing's wrong." Pepa mused and smile reassuringly to him.

She remembered how Felix would tell her a cheesy line and bring flowers when they were still dating. Her husband are confident and yet her son is the complete opposite.

"I heard that you said your stomach feels like it has butterflies inside, does it feel weird for you?" Pepa asked.

Camilo nodded his head and sighs, "It is weird and I'm not familiar to it."

Pepa chuckled and caressed her son's freckled cheeks. "What does your heart tell you, hijo?"

Camilo pursed his lips, "I don't know.. But right now. I want to see Y/n."

Pepa laughed at that, Camilo only gave his mother another nervous gaze before looking away.

"Oh, mijo. How did you not know that you like her?" Pepa bemused towards her son.

Camilo's body went stiff in her arms and rubbed his back reassuringly.

"Camilo, liking someone is not wrong. Your papi Felix always tell you how he feels back in our youth days." Pepa guided her son to his bed.

"What did he tell you when he said how he feels back on those days?"

Camilo thought for a moment then he looked at his mother, "Papi said that he felt happy, nervous and loved?"

Pepa raised her eyebrows, "He felt nervous?"

Camilo nodded his head and sighs, "He said that he always feel nervous around you, mami. Especially when you two were still dating."

"But he seem so overly confident on those times though?" Pepa questioned, "Ah, Felix lied to me, didn't he?"

Camilo smiled. "I think papi only wanted to look cool and romantic in front of you, mami."

Pepa chuckled and caressed her son's cheek. "Then you know what to do in front of your future amor's presence."

Camilo shook his head.

"No, mami- I can't, I'm satisfied with just watching and admiring her from afar." Camilo mumbled.

"Ay! I didn't raised a coward, mijo! She has a lot of admirer in town, do you want someone to snatch her away?" Pepa asked with an annoyed expression.

Camilo shook his head once again.

"Then you have to woo her, I already took the next step, mijo. Mami and Papi will help you." Pepa reassured her son.

• • • • • [ ☘︎ ]

The sun is already setting when you and half of the Madrigals finished chatting.

Dolores, Pepa and Antonio wouldn't let you leave your seat as they kept pulling you into another conversation which immediately worked because you would smile and continue talking.

"That was fun." You sighed happily.

Dolores smiled at your statement, she's glad that you had fun chatting with her mother and brother.

Because she wants to fill in those times you missed for the past 10 years.

The times when she'll invite you to come over for dinner, but you would refuse her politely. Understanding your anxiety, she would smile and laugh it off.

Dolores watched you walked down the path towards your home, she's kind of disappointed that you didn't stayed for dinner but at least you stayed to chat with her, her mother and brother.

"Hm, I also had fun, Y/n." She whispered and again, you still heard it clearly since you're walking beside her.

If it's possible, you smiled wider and you linked your arm with Dolores.

"I'm glad that you did. I'll come over tommorow for dinner if you want." You suggest while looking down at the slight dirty path.

You felt Dolores clutch your arm, "Of course! You're always welcome in our home, N/n." You can hear the excitement dripping from her tone.

And that alone made you excited for tomorrow to come as well.

Dolores dropped you off infront of your house and the two of you waved a goodnight to each other.

You waited for Dolores to leave your sight before you went inside your house.

"Welcome home, amor. How's your stay at the Madrigals'?" Your mother asked with a playful smile.

You only rolled your eyes at her, "I had a great time, mom. Dolores, Mami Pepa and Antonio wouldn't let me leave so I got home late."

Hearing this, your mother giggled.

"It seems that they took a liking towards you, my daughter." Your mother joked, but the two of you knew that it's true.

Dolores wouldn't stop pestering you to come over ever since your last dinner with them.

You kept refusing until Dolores went to your mother for permission so you agreed to come over for today's lunch.

Which turned out great.

You almost regret the times when you refused all of her invitations, but your anxiety always gets the best of you.

You excused yourself from your mother and she just brushed you off with a wave.

You went inside your bedroom, dropping the box that Pepa gave you before you left Casita.

You decided to take a short bath so you'll feel fresh before dinner.

"I need to prepare for tomorrow evening as well." You hummed to no one particular.

• • • • • [ ☘︎ ]

As soon as Dolores stepped inside the Casita, she got bombarded with questions by her beloved mother.

A dark cloud settled itself above Pepa's head, "Did she like the present? Did you drop her off at her house? Did she say that she enjoyed her time with us? What was her reaction on-"

"Calm down, mami. She didn't open her present yet." Dolores positioned her head to start eavesdropping on what you are doing.

"And yes, I dropped her off on her house." Dolores added on, "She's taking a bath right now and she's rambling about how happy she is."

Almost instantly, the dark clouds vanished into thin air.

Felix laughed and pulled his wife by her waist, "I told you. You're worrying way too much, mi vida."

"I can't help it, Felix. Y/n will be our future daughter in law so I have to make a good impression before the wedding!" Pepa exclaimed.

Dolores blinked, thinking that she heard it wrong.

"Daughter.. In law?"

Felix turned to his daughter and nodded his head, "Si. Your mother loves your best friend and Camilo is interested with her-"

"Wrong! Our mijo already like her." Pepa butted in and smiled.

Dolores let out a hiccup, she knew that Camilo is interested in you, she knew about his little crush, but wedding? Marriage?

Her and Mariano hadn't get married yet because she wants to take it slow, but her mother is already planning to marry you off with her brother?

Speaking of the devil, she heard Camilo's whispered to her into the air so she excused herself from their parents.

"Make sure to give your hermano a good advice!" She heard Pepa yelled out before she stepped inside of Camilo's bedroom.