The Twins' Mates (Werewolf St...

By LeonardoMontero531

Felix and Daphne Ford are 17 years old twins who are forced to move to a small town, after their father gets... More

Chapter 1: Start All Over [Again]
Chapter 2: Let it be
Chapter 3: Smells like teen spirit
Chapter 4: Wild world
Chapter 5: Wrecking ball
Chapter 6: To be with you
Chapter 7: Against all odds
Chapter 8: My girl
Chapter 9: Decode
Chapter 10: Girlfriend
Chapter 11: Can't stop the feeling
Chapter 12: God is a woman
Chapter 13: Whatta man / Seven Nation Army
Chapter 14: You Don't Even Know It
Chapter 15: All I Have To Do Is Dream
Chapter 16: Kiss me
Chapter 17: Can't Get You Out Of My Head
Chapter 18: Oops!...I Did It Again
Chapter 19: Cryin'
Chapter 20: U Got It Bad
Chapter 21: Dangerous Woman
Chapter 22: I'm with you / Complicated
Chapter 23: What's up
Chapter 24: Hungry like the Wolf
Chapter 25: Hello
Chapter 26: Grenade
Chapter 27: Roar
Chapter 28: Come Undone / I'm yours
Chapter 29: Talking to the Moon
Chapter 30: Fighter
Chapter 31: Rolling in the Deep
Chapter 32: Here with me
Chapter 33: Hold on my heart
Chapter 34: How can I go on
Chapter 35: I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
Chapter 36: Wolves
Chapter 37: It's my party / Love of my life
Chapter 38: Take on me
Chapter 39: I Hear The Day Has Come
Chapter 40: ME! | That Thing You Do
Chapter 41: My Happy Ending
Chapter 42: My Life is going on
Chapter 43: Bye, bye, bye
Chapter 44: Words get in the way
Chapter 45: Dangerously in love
Chapter 46: Into the unknown
Chapter 47: Without you
Chapter 48: Un-break my heart
Chapter 49: Stitches / Mercy / In my blood
Chapter 50: New rules / Stay with me
Chapter 51: I will always love you [EPILOGUE]
Bonus Chapter: Warrior
New Novel: The Twins' Dilemma
New Novel: The Orphan's Mate

Bonus Chapter: I don't want to be | One | There's nothing holding me back

1.5K 60 1
By LeonardoMontero531

Daphne, MD

16 years later

I'm nervous. Nate's a wreck. He woke up at 5 a.m. today and went for a run. Yes, a wolf run. Unfortunately, I wasn't afforded that same option so I cooked. Yes, I, Daphne Elizabeth Ford Underwood, MD, cooked to relax. Who knew? I guess you could say people evolve over time.

Especially if they gave birth while still in college and had to manage finish studying, nevertheless. But that's the way the cookie crumbled. And there's no way I'd go through another abortion. I just couldn't do that to Nate, even if he had to take care of his son while I went to med school and did my residency, which he did with a LOT of help. I just couldn't give up on my dream to become a doctor like my mom and I'm glad he understood that.

Fast forward 13 years and here we are. Two sons, aged 13 and 9. My pride and joy. The twinkle in their father's eyes. Nate's an excellent dad. Granted, having to care for a new born wasn't a peace of cake. It never is, but especially as a new dad doing it solo, mostly. But that forced him to get the handle of things quickly and by the time we had another one, he was an expert.

Which brings us to today, John's first full moon ceremony as a teenager. Remember when Dan said that when a human is mated to a werewolf there's a 50/50 chance that their offspring don't become wolves? Well, tonight is the night my son discovers if he is one like his father.

Since he didn't turn into a werewolf til now, 13 is the age limit for the first shift. If he doesn't turn tonight, he is a human like his mother. Nate wouldn't admit it to my face but that would devastate him. Not only he's looking forward to father and son runs, but he also has a somewhat unrealistic expectation that John will become the Beta of the pack, even tough he's 2 years younger than Dan's children.

As you probably know by now, humans can't be Betas. So you can see why he's so anxious for tonight. Later, I knock at the boys' bedroom to wake them up. It's Saturday, but I had a shift at the hospital where I work along side my mother. Doctor's life, you know.

Nate returned from his run and hopped in the shower before he got ready to take the boys to the pack house. As promised, we got our own house inside the compound. A nice, white picked fence, 2 bedrooms and a yard for the boys to play. To be honest, when we rented it we didn't know we're gonna have a second son. But Nate couldn't keep it in his pants. Damn werewolves and their giant... you get the point.

We eat our breakfast and I can see the worried look on John's face, my oldest son. I can only imagine the pressure he must be feeling.

"Hey, pay attention to me!" - I said it as I grab his head gently and make him turn to face me. - "You are enough to us, just as you are, no matter what happens tonight. Know this: you'll always be our beloved son!"

"Yeah, to you perhaps..." - He croaked, looking down. I glared at Nate.

"To me too, son. You don't have to worry about being anything other than who you already are. I love you no matter what!" - Nate told him, patting his back.

"Now, get ready to go to the pack house, mama has to go to work. And I can't leave you two home wreckers alone!" - He snickered.

Nate

I arrive with the boys at the pack house and go straight to the dining hall. At this hour, everyone is still eating breakfast. The table looked a lot different 16 years on. Now, new unmated wolves and warriors crowded the pack house. Denise refused to get a place of her own and still lived here with her mate, Tony Williams, and their two toddlers. So did Damon, the youngest of the Huntingtons who is now 24. Gasp! And of course the Alpha couple and their twins.

"Good morning, everyone. Alpha, Luna." - I said as I entered with the boys, bowing my head. They imitate me and bow too. The warriors present stand up to greet me, then sit back.

"Good morning, Underwoods. How are you doing today? Excited, John?" - Dan asked from his seat. Everyone in the pack knew what big deal tonight is. We all were at the edge of our seats waiting for it. But mainly just me.

"I guess..." - John mumbles, broodily.

"What's with the face, nephew?" - Felix asked worriedly.

"He thinks I'm gonna stop loving him if it turns out that he's human." - I said in a joking tone. But Felix is appalled.

"What?! That's crazy! Look at me, I'm human and I'm living my best life." - Felix stated, grinning.

"It's different for him, daddy. You know it." - Rosalyn chimed in.

"I know it is, Rosalyn, but he is and will forever be my loving nephew regardless." - Felix retorted.

"Thanks, Uncle Felix. Dad, I can I go outside?" - John asked me with a pleading look.

"Yes, you can. But don't go very far. Don't make me set the warriors on you." - I joked. And he left the dining hall.

"I'm worried for him. Daphne's too. I couldn't sleep tonight, I was so anxious I went for a run this morning." - I confessed, taking a seat with my other son.

"Have you had breakfast? Would you like something?" - Felix asked me. He's such a Luna.

"Yes, we did, thanks. Do you want anything, Matt?" - I replied and asked my son.

"No, daddy, thanks. Can I go play with the other children?" - He replied.

"Yes, but please behave yourself. Respect your peers." - I told him and he's off to the nearby playground.

There's a space in the compound for children to play as there're a lot of them in the territory. It's a chance for little werewolves to bond and form friendships. It's there where we met Carl, Tom and Mike for the first time.

"Only you Nate would tell a 9 year old to 'respect your peers'." - Denise scoffed.

"It's important to respect others, I'm sure it's a lesson that your mate is gonna teach your children." - I snickered, taking a dig at the fact that Tony is the stay at home parent.

"I'm sure he will. I hope your son shifts tonight. I can't wait to get my hands on my favorite nephew when he starts warrior training!" - Denise teased.

"Hey! I'm right here, Aunt Denise!" - Emmett whined.

"Yes you are, brat. And you have warrior training after breakfast. So get ready!" - She said, looking at him menacingly. His sister laughs.

"I don't why you're laughing brat number 2, you have training too!" - She continued, making Rosalyn's face crack.

"I don't know why you treat them this way, you do realize that when they ascend as Alpha you'll still be the Delta, right? You'll be answering to them!" - Dan interjected, but he opened himself up for something he didn't want to hear.

"When who ascend as Alpha?" - Denise asked him point blank.

And there lies the problem. No Alpha has ever had twins before, at least not first born. No pack has ever had twin Alphas. Like in that old film: there can only be one. The question was: who?

It's a question that has been ailing Dan ever since they're born. And since no one can choose but him, he avoids the subject like the plague. And Denise knew it. We ALL knew that.

After Denise poses her question, everyone at the table immediately stared at Dan for his reaction, especially the twins who remained in the dark about the subject like everyone else in the pack. In fact, they train together and are taught the same lessons so that any one of them can ascend as Alpha.

"Delta, you may leave the table and prepare for you niece and nephew's training. They'll follow you shortly." - Dan commanded. He sounded pissed. But he didn't let it alter his tone.

"Yes, Alpha." - Denise replied and left. There wasn't much she could do after he called her by her title. It's not like she can refuse a command by the Alpha. Or any of us, for that matter.

There was a silence after that. No one had the courage to say anything about it as they knew it was a sore spot for the Alpha. I mean, no one except...

"You do know you'll have to choose eventually, right? They're not getting any younger!" - Felix pondered. Dan grimaced.

"Yes, Luna. I know I have to choose. If you think it's so easy please tell me, which one of YOUR children would you like it to be? Which one of them do you love the most?" - Dan spat at him. Of course, everyone turned to stare at Felix, especially the twins.

"I see what you did there. I'm sorry, Alpha!" - Felix apologized, looking gloomy. He shot an apologetic look to his children.

There's a moment of silence while everyone finished their breakfast. Then:

"Nate, I know you're worried about tonight. But I have to be honest with you, my proudest moment as a father was when I got to watch Rosalyn first shift. It was amazing! I had tears in my eyes!" - Daniel reminisced. He looked misty remembering the night.

"Hey, I shifted too, you know?" - Emmett whined, staring at his dad.

"Yeah, 1 year later." - Rosalyn snickered.

"That's only because girls mature before boys, Emmett, don't think anything of it. Your dad still cried when you first shifted." - Felix interjected. He's such a 'mama bear'.

"Thanks, daddy!" - Emmett said, smiling wide, feeling better.

"He's right, son. It was my proudest moment to see you shift for the first time also. I only mentioned your sister because her happened first. But I'm equally as proud of both of you. Now go get ready for training before your aunt comes to get you." - Dan spoke with pride in his tone.

The twins stand up and leave the dining hall. So do the people present leaving just us 3.

"You know, I never had that moment with my father, so I am really looking forward to have it with John. I don't know how I'm going to react if he doesn't shift tonight." - I admitted, sounding worriedly.

"I know, brother. I'm rooting for you. You know that." - Dan consoled me.

"But you better practice your poker face until then. Just in case, you know. The worst thing you can do for John is to make him believe he's not worthy of your love." - Felix stated and we gasped.

"Felix!" - Dan yelled at him.

"I'm not accusing you of anything, I just meant..."

"I know what you meant, Luna, and I appreciate it. It's just hard to hear, but I take your meaning very well. Daphne's also worried about the effect it might have on our father and son relationship." - I explained.

"Not to mention there's the Beta issue." - I said it almost as a whisper.

"I know you're worried but I can't promise anything. I can't choose someone else's Beta. It's bad enough I have to choose the next Alpha." - Dan croaked as we leave.

"I know, Dan, relax! You seriously can't smell anything on John?"

"Not a faint scent of wolf, sorry. The only thing I can smell on him..."

"Gross! I wish I could dunk his entire body on bleach every time he does that." - I snickered. We giggled.

"I wished I could do that too cause Emmett's an animal!" - Dan snickered.

"Gross!" - Felix gasped. We all laughed.

John

The place was crowded as ever. Like it happens every ceremony, the entire pack gather inside the compound to admire the full moon. It was a chance to let loose and let yourself go without judgments. Wolves could shift at ease knowing they were amongst themselves. People lose their inhibitions and yes, some pups shift for the very first time. Or so I was forced to watch when it happened to my cousins, 3 and 2 years ago. Rosalyn shifted at 12 and Emmett at 13, the age limit.

And now it would be my time. Or is it? I don't care so much to be honest. But my dad... that's a different story. See, my dad has all this expectations of me: become a werewolf, start warrior training, and possibly follow in his footsteps as Beta of the pack, as his dad was before him. Goddess rest him in peace. But I'm good just being John Ford Underwood.

I was scared to disappoint him. Even more scared to lose his love as a father. And if I wasn't those things who knows what kind of relationship we might have. I guess there's nothing for me to do but wait. And the wait is excruciating!

I take my place at the back of the podium next to my mom, dad, brother and the Alpha family.

"Good evening, my pack family!" - Uncle Dan started one of his boring speeches. I basically slept through most of them, but I woke up when he mentioned me.

"(...) my nephew is going for his potentially first shift tonight. And I just want him to know: John, whether or not you shift, you are and will always be a member of our pack. May the Goddess guide and protect you!" - He said as he looked back at me. And the crowd cheered. I was mortified. Thanks, Uncle Dan. Like I needed anymore pressure.

Later, we're all at the bonfire waiting for... you know what.

"Do you want to take off your shirt, buddy, I'm not made of money, you know?" - Dad asked me, he tried to be amusing but only old people got his jokes.

"No, dad, gross! I'm not taking my shirt off in front of all these people!" - I spat at him.

"That's okay, John. Take your time!" - Mom interjected and then she whispered something on dad's ear that made him uncomfortable. She's the master of making people unease.

"Hey, cousin, I'm with dad, shift or not, you'll always be family!" - Rosalyn said. She's always so nice to me.

"Thanks, Rosalyn. I hope you get to be Alpha." - I told her but Emmett whined.

"Hey! I think the same, you know? You'll be always our family!" - Emmett spoke, annoyed.

An hour passed and still nothing. Uncle Dan and aunt Denise were already giving uncomfortable looks to my dad. Uncle Felix was already giving me pity looks. My mom was just about to take me into her arms and hold me.

"It's okay, guys. I'm fine, really. You don't have to hover over me. I'm going to take a walk." - I said with a sad tone.

"Son, listen to me, I love you no matter what. You'll always be enough for me. Just the way you are." - Dad dropped to his knee so he looked at me deep in my eyes. And held me for a moment.

"Okay, dad, take it easy. You can let go now." - I croaked. After I released myself from him I started walking. But I could hear the heartbreak in my dad's tone. My mom went to hug him and I could sense he tearing up on her shoulders. It's crushing me.

Even uncle Dan and uncle Felix hugged my father. So I walked away. It didn't take long for Emmett to follow me.

OK, so I lied. I was just putting a brave front.

I want to be a werewolf, of course I do. Everyone I know is one, apart from mom and uncle Felix. But they don't count. Just don't let them hear I said that.

I want the warrior training just as much as my cousins, I want to be Beta like my dad. Of course, I do. I worship the guy for Goddess' sake! He raised me practically alone til I was 5! I even want the experience of finding a random girl who I never met and drive her so crazy with my pheromones that she puts out for me.

I mean, honestly, who wouldn't want that? Though I know it only happens when you're 18. But now I wasn't going to have any of those things. I'm crushed.

I walked for a moment but when Emmett caught up to me, he knew there's nothing he could say to make me feel better, so he just stood there, making me company. I came to lean at a wall and sobbed.

"This isn't fair!" - My voice's so wrought with emotion it barely make a sound but he got it. Wolf hearing. Another thing that I want.

"You're right, it isn't. I need another guy to help me face aunt Denise. She's vicious!" - Emmett snickered, which of course made me laugh trough the tears.

I cried so hard I vomited.

"Are you OK, John? Do you want me to call your mom?" - He asked me, worriedly.

"No, Emm! Don't call my mom! It's fine. It's just so hot in here... why is it so hot when it's not even summer?" - I asked him, panting.

"It's not! Are you sure you're okay?" - Emmett looked worried as he saw the state I was in.

"I am, relax. I just need to take off my shirt after all. I'm so hot I can't breathe!" - I said as I remove my shirt. But when I looked at him, he yelled for his dad, he was so scared. Even I got scared watching his reaction.

At the same time, back at the bonfire, everybody was comforting my dad.

"Think of it this way, you still have another one in 4 years." - Uncle Dan spoke in an amusing tone. My dad laughed.

"Daphne's only 34. She can make more babies." - Uncle Felix joked. Mom nearly slapped him.

"Bitch... don't put this idea on Nate's head. The factory is closed!" - She croaked.

"Guys, silence!" - Uncle Dan shushed them. They all looked at him angrily. - "I think Emmett is calling for me. Something's wrong with John. Let's go!" - As he said that, everyone immediately darted at my direction.

They all looked worried. But when they got to where I was, they looked shocked. I mean, they were all floored.

I was in all fours, sweating like a pig. I was in my underwear - not my proudest moment - I was so hot.

"What's wrong with him?" - Mom shouted as she tried to come near me but dad stopped her.

"No! Don't touch him!" - He physically had to stop her from coming to me. - "He's shifting. Give him some space!" - He told her and I gasped.

My eyes were pitch black. In a moment, I felt my bones breaking and it was the most painful thing in the world. Fur emerged from my skin everywhere. My nose stretched into a snout. As my bones rearranged, taking on another form, I felt my undies ripping off. Finally, I was a wolf. And everybody was (still) shocked.

"It's okay, son, I know how you must be feeling right now. I know how overwhelming it can be. Just breathe, okay?" - Dad told me. He's so excited anyone could see.

I barked at him. I didn't know how to communicate yet. He laughed. Then he took off his shirt.

"Daph, I'm gonna shift and take him for a run, okay? We'll be back later. There's a lot of things I need to teach him." - Dad said as he took off his pants.

"OKAY, people. There's nothing to see here. Come on, let's go!" - Mom promptly dispatched everyone from the place as she didn't want anyone to see her mate naked.

Nor did I, but I couldn't look away from my dad shifting. I never got to watch him shift before. Or anyone, for that matter (except my cousins). And his wolf is magnificent. So big, so majestic. I'm in awe. We have similar fur too, so that's an unexpected surprise.

After he shifted, mom picked up our clothes and we ran to the pack exit for the woods.

We ran together for the longest time and he taught me a lot of things, like he always dreamed of, I guess. I'm not gonna lie, I've dreamed about this moment too. Any pup would. And it surpassed my expectations. Now, there's nothing holding me back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 6.6K 116
When young wolf shifts for the first time, their whole life shifts with them. Suddenly they can't see the world just from their perspective. Every ye...
148K 5.7K 46
•Book 1• Young vampire Ashton has lived a life of his own since he was a little boy. After a tragic attack to his coven by a pack of werewolves, he w...
439K 16.8K 43
Worlds collide when Elliot Lockwood, an Omega werewolf, moves into a different pack at 17. Born of warrior parents, he was raised to believe his bree...
343K 10.9K 41
Alexi is your average high school junior. He gets good enough grades, he has an amazing best friend, and his family is super caring. But, there is a...