Common Enemy

By archaicseraphim

When a new organization wants Dazai's ability for themselves, he must join up with the most unlikely bunch to... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10.
Chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.

Chapter 17.

543 20 13
By archaicseraphim

Dazai and Chuuya approached the bike which lay at the bottom of the bridge.

"So, wanna drive?" Chuuya smirked, looking up at Dazai. Dazai gave him a look which could only mean one thing, 'hell-fucking-no'.

"Yeah..no," replied Dazai, signaling for Chuuya to get on first, "gingers first."

Chuuya rolled his eyes, "asshole." he muttered, climbing onto the bike. Dazai followed.

Dazai wrapped his arms around Chuuyas waist and the pair sped off.

Chuuya, half-focusing on the road and half on Dazais arms, noticed that he wasn't wearing his usual amount of bandages and the ones he was wearing were covered in blood. In fact, Dazai was covered in blood as a whole.

"Hey freak," Chuuya, yelled over the sound of traffic and the bike, "what's going on, you said you'd explain?"

Dazai sighed and Chuuya felt his grip tighten around his waist, "you know that dick who told you i offed myself?" He asked.

"Yeah?" replied the ginger.

"Well, his ability is quite a fucking hard one, he controls peoples perceptions of others and-"

Chuuya interrupted, "Wait, where are we going?" He asked, realizing he'd been driving to the port mafia base and just now thinking it might not be the best idea.

"Your house."

"Fine, carry on." the ginger huffed.

"So bossy... anyway, he can basically implement ideas into people's heads and turn people against one another."

Dazai felt Chuuya slightly shake his head, "so right now he's convinced everyone that you've done something to hurt them?"

"Wow you're so clever, yes." replied Dazai.

Chuuya rolled his eyes, "shut up, what are we even gonna do?" he asked.

"Well i suppose i need to use my ability on the dude and end his ability, but that's going to be difficult since we don't know where he'll be."

Suddenly, the motorbike came to a harsh halt and Dazai held onto Chuuya for dear life.

"Literally what the fuck are you doing!?" Dazai yelled, letting go of the man in front of him and hitting him lightly.

"Honey, we're home." Chuuya replied, sarcastically as he hopped off the bike.

Dazai followed the lead and stepped off. He looked at the house they'd stopped at, it was reasonably small, cozy even. There were not really any houses nearby and the garden was overgrown and bushy. Green vines grew all over the front of the house and the fences.

"Nice house." said Dazai, stepping towards the gate.

"It's not much but it's all I need."

The pair made their way into the house, it wasn't much but it sure was cozy.

"We can come up with a plan in a bit, do you want tea?" Chuuya sai, looking over at Dazai who was admiring a painting.

"Did you do this?" he asked, surprised.

"Yes...do you want tea?" Chuuya reiterated, rolling his eyes.

"Chuuya this is good like that ninja turtle good!" Dazai half-yelled, smiling.

"Ninja what? Do you mean davinci?" Chuuya asked, bewildered with the comment.

"Yeah that one! You're a really good artist, Chuuya." Dazai turned back to admire the painting again.

"Yeah thanks, now do you want a cup of fucking tea or not?" Chuuya yelled, stomping into the kitchen angrily. The ginger didn't like being complimented on anything ,other than his work in the mafia, especially from Dazai.

"Sure sure, thanks housekeeper!" Dazai yelled into the kitchen.

Chuuya poked his head out of the doorway, his ginger hair falling into his eyes, "not your housekeeper, never will be you slug!"

Dazai laughed and made his way into the living room. He took a seat on the black, leather couch and sighed. He threw his head back and let the worrying thoughts he'd been repressing roll across his mind like a film.

He still couldn't help but feel alone, although Chuuya was on his side, he still felt both worried for his friends ,who now hated him, and worried for Chuuya and his mental state.

"Hey mackerel, here's your tea." Dazai was awoken from his thoughts by Chuuya, who was standing over him holding a large mug.

Dazai lifted his head up and gave Chuuya a weak smile, "thanks." he took the mug off of Chuuya.

"So what's the plan?" Chuuya asked, taking a seat on the sofa next to Dazai.

"I dont know." Dazai replied, staring into his mug at his own reflection.

Chuuya took a small bottle out of his pocket and began pouring it into his mug of tea.

"Are you drinking?" Dazai asked, smiling at Chuuya in disbelief.

"Well all of our friends are on their way to kill you so we may as well drink." He replied, shrugging his shoulders. Chuuya offered Dazai the little bottle and Dazai gladly took it and began pouring it into his own mug.

"They will come for me, you know." Dazai said, taking a sip of his 'tea' and wincing.

"I know." Chuuya replied, nonchalantly.

"Are you not worried, we may have to fight our friends?"

"Nope. I actually have a plan." Chuuya replied, smirking and looking at Dazai who looked confused.

"What? Um... a plan would be useful for me to hear right now!" Dazai yelled.

Chuuya placed his mug down on the table next to them, he unscrewed the little bottle once again and took a swig from it.

"Were going to persuade them, just like you did to me." Chuuya said proudly.

"What do you mean?" Dazai replied, raising an eyebrow.

"God, are you slow now or something?" Chuuya rolled his eyes, "you persuaded me you weren't dead by being well... not dead. So all we need to do is convince everyone else that you didn't do what they think you did."

Dazai took a moment to process what Chuuya was saying.

"Right, so we track down the leader of the red stripes and if any of our friends attack us we just.... gaslight them?" Dazai asked, suppressing laughter.

"Ye- wait what? Wait, yes?" Chuuya replied, confused.

"That's actually a really good idea Chuuya!" Dazai exclaimed.

The ginger rolled his eyes and stood up, stretching his arms and cracking his back.

"I suppose we better go look for him then, huh?" he said, looking down at Dazai and offering him a hand.

"Chuuuya," Dazai groaned, "it's like 11pm can't we just sleep."

"No Dazai, we need to act now. I don't fancy being ambushed by Akutagawa in my home."

Dazai groaned and threw his head back but then looked back at Chuuya, he grabbed his hand

"You're right, let's get our friends back, huh?" Dazai said, standing up and staring down at Chuuya. He smiled and Chuuya smiled back. It was just like old times. Partners in crime.

"Till death do us part, partner." Dazai said, placing a small kiss on Chuuya's forehead.

Chuuya looked up at Dazai and smirked. He grabbed his head, intertwining his fingers in dazais hair. The ginger pulled the taller man's head towards him and he kissed him softly on the lips.

"Till death do us part, Dazai."

 AN um hey guys... accidentally lost all motivation to do anything and stopped writing for two months. So sorry. But anyway, hope you all had a great Christmas and new year or whatever else you celebrate! I hope 2022 treats us better.

Im going to be writing frequently now and thankyou so much for all your comments and messages and votes. thankyou thankyou thankyou.

Love use- daisy 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 4.3K 22
When Dazai has an accident and wakes up with no memories and the behaviour of a child, Chuuya is the only one Dazai seems to trust. How will Chuuya c...
55.5K 1.4K 18
Dazai and Chuuya were always arguing and fighting each other. But what about when one of them needs help? They say that they hate each other.. but i...
95.5K 2.7K 16
After stumbling into Yokohama and causing trouble for the infamous Port Mafia, you soon come face to face with one of its executives, Nakahara Chuuya...
84.6K 2.4K 11
You remembered that day. The day when Dazai betrayed the Mafia. When everything changed. Now, years later, you're going on a mission with him and Chu...