A Mob Boss's Honour

By royal888

This is the story of many mob families. It is set in the 1950s. There are many families involved in the crim... More

Author's Note
Family Tree
2. The Party
3. Social Time
4. Date Night
5. Challenge
6. True Danger
7. Outrage
8. Changes
9. School
10. Understanding
11. Encounter
12. Allies
13. Surprises
14. School & Home Life
15. Literature
16. Phoenix
17. Relationship Drama
18. Sounds & Cars
19. Lost Love
20. The New Joiners
21. Girl Talk
22. Rose's Secrets
23. Affairs
24. Bianchi Mansion
25. Vigilante
26. Young Minds
27. Teenage Plans
28. Sports Time
29. Responsibility
30. Being Closer
31. More Time Together
32. Business Calls
33. Honesty
34. Talking at the Diner
35. A Mansion in Boston
36. An Eventful Evening
37. Connections
38. Ladies' Choices
39. Collaborations
40. Hidden Feelings
41. Spaces Apart
42. Family Ties
43. Friendships
44. Reliance
45. Shocking Turn
46. Sword
47. New Days
48. Choices
49. Closer Than Brothers
50. Leaders
51. Portrait
52. Mercenary
53. Waiting
54. Star Crossed
55. Night Time Talk
56. Waves of Change
57. Dawn of New Dangers
58. Control
59. A Feud
60. Persistence
61. Fighters
62. Love is Forever

1. Family Life

2K 85 41
By royal888

1950s

It was night time. Luigi Alessandrini was walking down the busy New York streets alone. It was a typical Friday night for him. At sixteen years old, he had no curfew unlike most youngsters. His father didn't care where he went and what he did as long as he didn't get himself hurt. There were no rules that applied to him in his family and in this city. He was the only son of Lothario Alessandrini, the head of one of the largest crime families in New York. He was his father's heir and he was well respected and well established. No one dared to bother him or look at him the wrong way in his father's territory. When he crossed the border and left his father's territory still he had respect and authority. No one said no to him. No one insulted him. At that point he was outside his father's territory. He had gone to one of those after school meet ups with his friends and he was now walking back home. His father always used to send body guards with him to accompany him everywhere but Luigi always got away from them or they could never track him. So his father gave up at some point. Besides there was no point. He was more equipped than those body guards to protect himself and also his father's reputation scared the toughest criminals from miles away. No one messed with him.

As Luigi was walking a shop grabbed his attention. The coffee shop had delicious looking Italian pastries behind the shop window. He decided to go to the shop. He entered and the aroma of hot pastry had filled the air. He walked to the counter "Can I have a couple of those pastries boxed to go?". He paid for the pastries and while the server was boxing up the pastries he then heard a familiar laugh. He turned. He saw none on other than his fifteen year old sister, Lena sitting opposite a boy from their school. She had not noticed he was there. But of course the other kid suddenly noticed and gulped.

He heard Lena say "What's wrong? What are you looking at?"

As his sister turned around and looked up, her smile vanished. She was in so much trouble. She was not supposed to be out there with this boy. It was obvious she had sneaked out of the house.

Lena looked worriedly at the boy sitting opposite to her who was as white as a chalk now. His name was Nick Edwards. A wealthy all American boy who's father was a Hollywood Studio's chief executive of some sort. Him and his mother had moved to New York days ago because his mother wanted to be closer to her family. Nick's father was in Los Angeles and attending to business all year round pretty much so this rich kid also had no curfew or rules like Luigi. He was Luigi's age and went to the same school as him and his sister. This boy was clueless about who's daughter he was hanging out with but knew full well that the Alessandrini family were not to be messed with. Luigi had a reputation in school for taking no nonsense. Him and his friends ruled the school. But still this kid obviously had not taken the hint to stay away from his sister when Luigi had warned him to keep away that morning when he had asked Lena out. He looked Terrified though. Luigi had made an impression on him.

Luigi started walking slowly towards their table. His sister quickly stood up and grabbed her bag. She said "Goodbye" quickly and walked to her brother. He stood in his way and said "Luigi. I can explain."

Luigi said "Oh, you will explain... after I teach that kid a lesson." He was about to side step his sister when the server called out after him "Sir, your pastries." He turned around and walked to the counter to get the pastries when he heard his sister whisper "Nick, run for your life."

He rolled his eyes and turned around as he watched Nick run outside through the back door of the shop. Nick was not a coward. Luigi was sure of it. But he was very smart. Nick had understood that there was no way he could take Luigi on no matter how many press ups or star jumps he did as a football player. He could not fight Luigi and win. Luigi was one of the best fighters anyone could come across. Adults stood no chance in a fight against him, never mind kids his age.

He looked at Lena "Follow me. You are coming home with me. I hope you enjoyed your time with the Romeo kid." He then walked outside the shop and his sister silently followed.

After a few minutes Lena took a deep breath and said "Luigi... Are you going to tell dad about where you found me? Please don't tell him... He will shoot Nick."

Luigi said "Oh. Father would be the least of your worries right now. If Gianluca hears about this, that Romeo kid will be begging father to shoot him."

Gianluca Bellagio was the son of Luigi's father's long time friend and a powerful mob boss, Gerrardo Bellagio. Gianluca was the same age as Luigi and a year older than Lena. But he didn't attend the same school as them. Their territory was bit further away. He had his eyes on Lena ever since he recalled. Luigi and Gianluca were not enemies but they were not close friends either. They were rivals and the football matches between their schools was mostly a blood bath. But still they got a long mostly. If Gianluca did not fancy his sister maybe they would have been best friends. His sister was not interested in Gianluca because she saw him as arrogant and conceited. Gianluca was very smart and athletic though. Luigi's father totally approved of Gianluca. That bothered Lena so much.

Lena grabbed his brother's hand and stopped walking. "You wouldn't." Luigi stopped and turned to his sister "You are right. I wouldn't. I have no reason to do anything to please Gianluca or anyone who fancies my baby sister. But he will find out sooner or later unless you end this relationship with this kid. He can not date you when you belong to Gianluca." He then started walking away.

Lena objected. "I am not Gianluca's. I am my own person. Who said were were dating. It's just a friendship. He was nice."

Luigi said "I heard him when he asked you out this morning. This is no friendship."

Lena argued "We are just friends. I told him I can't date him. He needs to get father's permission for that anyway."

Luigi said "Then what were you doing with him alone on a date in a pastry shop then?"

Lena said "I was hanging out with a group of girls actually. We went to the movie theatre and then I saw him there. You know his father is in the movie business so he got us a private screening and good refreshments. Then he asked to buy me a pastry and we went to that shop."

Luigi laughed "You want me to believe that this was no date then. You accidentally bumped into him. Did you?"

Lena said "Yes. I swear it. You can ask Mary and Kelly. I was with their group the whole time.

Luigi said "Oh. Don't worry about that. I will interrogate all your friends tomorrow."

Lena said "Luigi. Please don't do this. I told you the truth. You will scare off my friends if you terrorise them. Don't you believe me."

Luigi said "Ok. I believe you."

Lena said "Thank you."

Luigi said "But... Nick... He fancies you... He will pay for this."

Lena said "Luigi please... I don't have any friends who are boys. Nick is the only boy who actually talks to me. That's why I agreed to talk to him. I am tired of the company of girls only. I don't even fancy Nick. He is nice but that is all. Please believe me. Other boys are afraid of you. This kid is new so he doesn't know what you are capable of."

Luigi thought for a second. He didn't agree with his father's rules about Lena. As a boy Luigi was allowed to do what he wanted. Talk to whoever he wanted. Leave and come home when he wanted. But his sister was not allowed to do anything unless his father knew every detail and had her watched. Luigi did not agree with his father. He believed Lena had the right to have as much freedom as he did. He said "I will think about it."

Lena said "Really?"

Luigi shrugged. "But you owe me one."

****

Luigi and Lena reached their mansion. Lena climbed the fences around their property and went straight to her room through the ground floor windows. Luigi entered through the front door.

His mother was walking down the stairs. Lidia Allesandrini looked at her son "Hello Luigi. What is that?" She pointed at the box in his hand.

Luigi said "I got us pastries. We can have them for breakfast tomorrow."

His mother reached the bottom of the stairs and took the box from him "That is nice. Too bad your father will not get to have any.... Did the guards tell you? He has gone out of town for business again. It could take longer than a week for him to come back. That is what he said. A phone call came and he had to leave."

Luigi sighed. He was used to that by now. His father was always busy. He nodded "Ok. It is going to be one long weekend. Anything else happened the past few hours while I was with my friends?"

His mother said "Yes. Gina Bellagio called..."

Luigi raised an eyebrow. Gina Bellagio was Gianluca's mother. "Oh?"

His mother nodded "Yes. She said that our family is invited to go to their home for a dinner party tomorrow."

Luigi asked "What is the occasion?"

Lidia said "Well. Her father in law is coming to visit from Sicily. So they wanted to have a welcome party."

Luigi said. "How joyful?" He meant it in a sarcastic way but his mother did not catch that.

She said "I know. It is a joyful occasion. I will order some flowers tomorrow morning to take with us.... Good night son."

Luigi said "Good night." He then walked to his sister's bedroom to give the news to his sister. She would not have been thrilled, he was sure.

*****

Gianluca Belaggio was outside his family's mansion standing talking with his cousins looking on as guests were arriving and parking up their long line of cars in the designated spaces. The children and youngsters mostly picked up candy at the door and went to the basement where there were games and a movie theatre while adults went inside to the main huge dining all to drink wine and network. The most important and powerful families were gathered to honour his grandfather's birthday. His cousins kept getting his attention and asking him to come inside with them but he shook his head. They went inside without him.

The Alessandrini family were taking their time. They finally arrived. His heart skipped a beat as he watched the only girl he ever cared for step outside the car. He did not care for anything or any one but her in this world. He started walking towards their car.

Luigi spotted him first and waved at him and smiled politely. They were civil or rather as civil as they could get when seeing each other.

Lena then looked in his direction making his heart jump. She was gorgeous. She had the most beautiful eyes. He loved everything about her.

Lidia Alessandrini made her way towards the building and Luigi and Lena started walking towards the basement entrance as they knew in such parties which direction the kids went to at the house of Bellagio.

Lena stopped walking and reached into her bag and took out her mirror seemingly trying to check that her hair was looking alright but really to kill time to avoid coming face to face with Gianluca. He looked as handsome as always but he was an angel from hell. If he was not so mean and brutal, she would have liked to talk to Gianluca.

Gianluca reached Luigi "Hi."

Luigi said "Hi. Why are you out here?"

Gianluca said "Well. I live here. I greet the guests of course. They are here to show respect to my grandfather."

Luigi said "Of course. How nice of you? You are the hospitable type."

Gianluca said "Thank you for the compliment."

Luigi said "Any time..."

Just then Gianluca's father, Gerrardo Bellagio came outside the mansion and called out "Luigi. Finally your family graced our presence. Come son. My father wants to speak with your father but since he is not here, he would like to talk to you to pass on his message to him."

To Lena's shock, Luigi walked to the mansion and followed Mr Bellagio. She was hoping Luigi could get Gianluca's attention off her. But there went her only hope. Without her brother to distract her admirer that day, she was going to doomed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 67K 49
Fiction Awards Winner 2016 in General Fiction Category Book 1 of the New York Mafia Series: Summary: What happens when an innocent and kind hearted...
267K 16.1K 23
▪︎It doesn't matter if we fight or not, you are still my wife, and I will never let you go▪︎ The thing about Mafia is that no one is safe, and nothin...
147K 2.7K 62
𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢�...
707K 16.9K 63
(MATURE CONTENT/MAFIA ROMANCE) #Series2 Previously known as Playful sins This is a second book to a three part series, you do not have to read the f...