✓ the hooded princess • kim s...

Per minthannie

"my life is full with secrets, and you know everything." min eunkyung- a princess should behave with grace, t... Més

before you read ^-^
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y o n e
f o r t y t w o
f o r t y t h r e e
f o r t y f o u r
f o r t y f i v e
f o r t y s i x
f o r t y s e v e n
f o r t y e i g h t
f o r t y n i n e
f i f t y
f i f t y o n e
f i f t y t w o
f i f t y t h r e e
f i f t y f o u r
f i f t y f i v e
f i f t y s i x
f i f t y s e v e n
f i f t y e i g h t
f i f t y n i n e
s i x t y
r y u n i v e r s e
s i x t y o n e
s i x t y t w o
s i x t y t h r e e
b o n u s c h a p t e r
w h a t i f ?
w h a t i f # 1

t w e n t y o n e

834 51 27
Per minthannie

It had been five minutes since they followed the man into the woods.

Five minutes look like a short amount of time, but when you're secretly following someone with the fear of being caught, you'd never realise how far you've walked.

There was a huge gap between the two and where the man were. The woods filled with silent, and every steps matter. It's like their lives are depending on the dried leaves.

Eunkyung's blood had faintly trailed from the start. Seungmin couldn't help but to glance everyone seconds with concern about the injured hand. How would he answer later if anyone asks him? On top of that, they were supposed to be home by now and the knights might have returned too. What if they realised both the princess and him were not home yet?

Sorts of thoughts played in his mind.

He could see the man was still frantically running away as if he knew someone was behind him at the moment. Every now and then, the duo needed to hide themselves behind the huge trunks to avoid getting caught. They didn't know if the man have any guns to that could injure them from afar.

A sound of water flowing faintly greeted his ears. Seungmin stopped the princess from walking further.

She gave him a questioning look.

"It's the river, we cannot pass through." he said as low as possible while pulling her to hide behind a tree.

Eunkyung looked to her side and saw the man disappearing behind a bush of chopped trunks, being covered with leaves. Ignoring Seungmin's words, she walked to where the bush was.

At this point Seungmin thinks someone else should replace his position for not being able to do anything. All the princess does was putting herself in danger after ignoring Seungmin's command.

"Eunkyung," he grasped her wrist. "Let's stop here, okay?"

She shook her head. The bush was just a few steps away, and she needed to catch him as soon as possible.

That's what she thought. Taking another step forward, she slowly loosen Seungmin's grip on her wrist.

However, luck too was against her. Sound of a dried leaf being stepped on broke the silence. Both of them froze and looked down to Eunkyung's feet, where the dried leaf was.

Bang!!

"Hide." Seungmin immediately took her hand back and ran to the farthest huge tree they could. Eunkyung looked back to see the man peeked from behind the bush with a gun pointed towards them. Her hand fumbled with the sleeves to take out her gun but she was pulled to hide, and the gun dropped to the ground.

Another shot was heard.

The princess closed her eyes as Seungmin embraced her tightly, "Do you have anything?" he whispered.

"The gun fell." she let out a shaky breath while looking up from his chest. "Next to you."

Bang!!

"Show up!"

Eunkyung flinched as the voice roared with the bullet pass next to them. Both of them slid down and the girl discreetly peeked her head to see the man getting down from the trunk. "He's looking away."

Seungmin nodded curtly and reached for the gun. Unfortunately, it barely reached his fingertips. The sound of footsteps appearing made adrenaline rushed in both bodies. Eunkyung slightly moved to the side to let Seungmin scoot closer.

As he did, another shot was released.

"Argh!"

"Seungmin!" she loudly gasped when the bullet hit his right arm. The guy groaned as he grasped the gun and Eunkyung helped him leaning on the trunk. "Oh my, w-where is it-"

She was cut off by him putting the gun in her hand. Getting the sign, she quickly grasped it while trying to lessen the tremble and peeked. The man was slowly approaching, and she immediately shot his leg.

Without doubt, he fell.

Eunkyung pulled the trigger once again and it hit on the nearest spot as before. A loud groan of agony echoed. When Seungmin thought she was going to go for him, she dropped the gun on her lap and took out her knife before stabbing it in her cloak. He hissed with his eyebrows furrowed as he pressed his hand below the bleeding area.

"Shouldn't you-"

"He's running away." Eunkyung said when seeing the guy getting up and ran to the river's way. Soon, they heard aggressive splash of water.

"Then why..." he trailed off when half of the cloak was being cut into a long fabric. Eunkyung kept the knife back in the case and gently took his arm. She cringed seeing the blood oozing out.

"Is the bullet in there?"

Seungmin shook his head. "It's just, it hit me, I don't know."

"It's alright, I understand. Lean your side on the tree."

He did as what she told and closed his eyes tightly when the stinging area was being covered by the cloth. Eunkyung tied it on the injured area to stop the bleeding and took out a pager after. "Let's wait until he's really gone."

Seungmin only could nod and closed his eyes while Eunkyung sent signal through the pager.

The surrounding was filled with nature noises. The only thing they could hope at that moment was not encountering some wild animal with the injured Seungmin. Eunkyung took off the cloak, revealing her royal blue casual fit underneath. She draped the cloak on Seungmin and made herself comfortable on the ground.

Seungmin opened his eyes half lidded and sighed when seeing her outfit. "Take this back."

Confused, she looked down to what she was wearing.

A guy's outfit that she stole from her brother's closet.

"Why?"

"People shouldn't see you wearing this." he removed the cloak but she was quick to push his hand off and might have also pushed his head back on the tree with a thud. Seungmin groaned once again.

"I- I'm sorry." she muttered and retreated her hands before looking away. Her lips was pursed into a thin line while her hand clutched onto one another. She was lost, not knowing what she should do next.

Silence again filled the air. Somehow this reminded her of the first time they were lost in the woods during the sword fighting class, except that this time it was daylight and they were not lost. Eunkyung had left blood trails from the entrance so they could find the way out easily.

"I'm sorry that we lost him again." Seungmin apologised as he stared at the nothingness in front of him. Eunkyung turned to see his side profile.

"Shut up, you're bleeding."

The guy let out a small scoff. "How unfortunate."

Little did he know, the princess was deep down feeling guilty. She knew it was her fault that Seungmin was injured. However, it is not Eunkyung if she expresses her guilt and fear in front of him.

There's something inside her was holding her back, but she's still guilty for what happened.

"Does it hurt much?" she mumbled while looking down to the dried leaves.

"A bit."

"Help will be here in a few minutes, we'll get you to the clinic." she stated while scooting next to him to lean on the tree. She hugged her knees to her chest and rested her chin on top of it. Her mind was tangled. She was disappointed for losing the guy again but then mad at herself for being the cause Seungmin was shot. She looked to her left to see his back was facing her.

How do I apologise?

Slowly, Seungmin moved his body to the front. He caught the girl was staring, yet no one looked away. Both of them stayed in the current position with hearts beating in a steady pace. He couldn't read nor guess what the princess feels at the moment if it wasn't because of that one night where he injured his arm because of her.

"You always have that look."

Eunkyung averted her eyes away from him and slowly asked, "What look?"

"When I'm bleeding or injured."

The hug on her legs tightened. Eunkyung silently gulped and Seungmin noticed this. "Are you mad?"

He watched as the girl buried her head in her knees. Instantly, his heart softened. "Kind of."

Instead of replying, she remained silent. Seungmin spoke again, "The king chose a wrong person to protect her daughter."

The princess said nothing again.

Seungmin paid a glance before sighing, "When are they coming?"

"I don't know, might take a long time because we're deep in the forest." finally, she spoke but he paid no attention to the answer.

"I'm sleepy."

Eunkyung's head shot up as panic rose in her, "Don't- don't fall asleep you are still losing blood-"

"It's not that much, dummy. Let me just take a nap." he let out a small chuckle before gently pushing her to lean her back on the tree. Eunkyung looked at him in confusion and her eyes went wide when the guy rested his head on her shoulder. "Wake me up when they are here." Seungmin mumbled as he closed his eyes shut.

Her whole face heated up at the close proximity and the contact. Who knew the weight on her left shoulder could make her heart suddenly pumped up in an inhuman speed. This action was unexpected, she didn't see this coming especially from the guy named Kim Seungmin. Eunkyung couldn't move a muscle to push him, even her heart and mind told her nothing. She was just surprised.

Why wouldn't she push him off?

It's because he's injured, of course, the princess tried to calm herself from her newly found attitude; not pushing people away.

People... or was it just him?

Just shut up mind oh god-

She froze when Seungmin slightly moved and his hair brushed her cheek. It was rather soft, she must say despite had been running earlier. Then the staring contest returned. Her eyes were glued on his hair down to his bandaged arm. Guilt conquered her more than before.

"I'm sorry," the princess whispered, finally apologising. "You're injured because of me again."

The sound of nature was her answer. She couldn't know if Seungmin was actually sleeping or not so she leaned her head back on the wood and let out a small sigh.

I finally did it.

"What happened?"

Eunkyung turned away from the newcomer, facing Seungmin instead. Her eyes were glued to the small, wooden cabinet next to the bed. It was a bit awkward when Seungmin only had a piece of cloth covering his front body because the wound was being treated.

If only Eunji was not here, she wouldn't have to face him like this.

"What–" the older princess trailed off when seeing the two. "Eunkyung, what did you do?"

"You heard it." she muttered without looking back to her.

A sigh escaped Eunji's lips. She made an eye contact with Seungmin and the guy just shrugged, acting as if none of them had done wrong. Eunji knew he would be on her side so she let it be.

Until she saw the cloak laying on the table. She gasped loudly.

"What happened to this cloak?!" she marched towards the table and lifted it up. The once long cloak was cut off at the lower part, creating a hole and destroying the design. "Min Eunkyung!"

The youngest among them snatched the cloak from her and glared, "None of your business."

"That was your grandmother's last present!"

"He was bleeding! Should I leave him losing blood just like that?" the girl raised her voice, annoyed at her sister's presence. "If you're here just to nag, I know I'm at wrong okay? Just freaking, leave me alone."

With that, she left the room. Leaving Eunji and Seungmin alone with the nurse at the other room, getting the equipments. Silence filled the air. Seungmin just watched as Eunji massaged her temples with her fingers.

Hesitantly, he asked, "Was the cloak precious?"

"Too precious," Eunji sighed. "Sonia gave it to her. She liked it because it was big for her so she could use it for a long time."

Seungmin lightly nodded. His eyes travelled to the bandage he used earlier. The emerald green turned darker as blood soaked the fabric. The threads were torn off, creating messy lines.

"I have never thought she'd do that." Eunji said again, catching Seungmin's attention. "She didn't even let us touch it."

"Why were you so mad?"

"Because she would lost it if anything happens to the cloak," she answered. Seungmin's heart tugs at that. "Sonia was so close to her, and that was the last gift that keeps her happy."

"She wore it at the sword fighting class everyday." he recalled the hood Eunkyung always wear as a disguise a couple of months ago.

Eunji hummed. Just then the nurse came to treat his wound. Although it stings when she put some ointment on it, his mind was distracted by the newly found information. Should he feel grateful that Eunkyung used the cloak to stop his bleeding or guilty because it was her favourite cloak?

After a few minutes, they were done. Seungmin wore his cloth back and the nurse disappeared behind the door again.

"Did she find out anything?" Eunji asked lowly, making sure no one could hear them.

Seungmin raised both of his shoulders, "She doesn't know about that night yet."

"When are you going to tell her?"

"It's not easy to gain her trust," a sad smile appeared on his lips. "And we have no witnesses other than me and Felix."

The girl nodded in understanding, "Just make sure that Jisung guy doesn't do anything."

He let out a chuckle, "Your family is still trusting me?"

"You were the one who saved her that night, Seungmin." she sighed. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I'm just messing with you." he gave her a smile before bowing. Eunji lightly nodded her head and went out. With that, he let out the breath he was holding earlier.

Can I still save her?

Grabbing the bandage (or the torn cloak), Seungmin made his way out as well. The clinic was empty at the moment, and he didn't see anyone including the princess. Tilting his head in confusion, he walked outside.

There, next to the door, Eunkyung was leaning on the wall with her head down. Her male outfit was let shown in the public yet no one noticed her. The cloak was hung on her arms that were crossed against her torso.

She looked up when feeling someone next to her. Her eyes colored with sadness, probably because of her cloak, or the culprit, or Seungmin's injury. It was hard to read her.

Seungmin's hand reached for the cloak but she held it tighter, giving along a subtle glare. The male raised an eyebrow yet to release it.

"What do you want?" she lowly asked as she stepped back to protect the cloak.

The corner of his lips curled up into a small smile. He found the girl adorable. As if she was a cat defending her food from some dogs. He tugged more on the fabric while raising the torn one in his hand.

Slowly, Eunkyung got the meaning. She hesitantly loosen her arms and Seungmin took it. Her eyes followed his hands folding the cloth into a small square. Then she looked at him again.

"Let's go."

The princess hesitated.

Seungmin chuckled, "It's alright, I'm not throwing this away."

"You better not." she muttered.

She must loved the last gift so much.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

402K 12K 18
onlyfans? did the seemingly innocent seungmin secretly have a freaky side? hyunjin quickly put seungmin's phone back on the desk, his face flushing a...
463K 15.9K 80
Olivia is content with her life. She has a job that pays her bills, even though she absolutely hates it. She gives free dance classes twice a week...
191K 6.5K 29
"I'm just your servant Minho". "Exactly so you should do as I say". Jisung's life is hectic. He didn't think it couldn't get any worse until his moth...
183K 5.1K 37
[MAFIA AU] In a dangerous country where gangs lurk in every corner, KIM YUN-YEONG runs into LEE KNOW, the boss of the most dangerous gang in Korea. S...