ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴀ sʜᴏᴛ. (ᴄᴀᴍɪʟᴏ ᴍ.)

cochorei_ tarafından

"I don't think that you have a chance with her, hermano." "It's worth a shot." "She's literally older than yo... Daha Fazla

[ ☘︎ ]
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
[☘︎]

13

6.8K 331 29
cochorei_ tarafından

"— Dolores! Are you listening to me?" Your voice bought out the young woman out of her thoughts.

She blinked and shook her head then she gave you an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, I was just thinking."

She's not really thinking, she was just busy eavesdropping at her little brother's and her Tia Julieta's conversation in the kitchen.

Which made her shift uncomfortably on her seat since from the way her brother blabber about you. It came out as if he's telling a whole story of novel romance novel.

"Alright." She looked at you, meeting your gaze. "What's inside that pretty head of yours?"

Dolores started sweating on her chair. She can't keep a secret for that long, especially when it comes to you.

She usually spill every hot tea that she had heard and then the two of you would continue talking over that topic for hours, but.. How can she tell that her little brother loves you?

She wouldn't betray her little brother like that—

Dolores pursed her lips, her eyes slightly narrowing towards her glowing door before going back to you.

She suddenly remembered the times when Camilo would mess with her, pulling pranks everyday, shape shifting as Mariano just to make her flustered, bribing Casita to help him with his mischievous plans and lastly, telling Mariano to propose to her. Non-stop.

Hm. She inwardly hummed. Maybe this could be my payback- my revenge.

It was tempting but she knew that it's confession that we're talking about here, serious feelings and thoughts.

She sighed deeply, slumping on her seat as she gave up the thought of snitching on her brother.

She knew how hard it is to confess your love to your beloved since she felt it before, considering that her cousin was betrothed to him months ago.

"Just wondering what's your opinion on my hermano." Dolores half lied.

She's been meaning to ask you that question, but her chores kept stopping her from asking and now, she had the chance. She wouldn't waste it and make it last worthwhile.

On the other hand, the question caught you off guard.

"Uhh.. I can say that your brother is interesting." You leaned back on her bed.

"He's sweet, kind and thoughtful." You chuckled.

Dolores perked up at the last word, "What do you mean by thoughtful?"

You glanced at her and rolled on your side, laying your head on her pillow.

"Yeah, there was this one time when I bumped into him in the town square, mama made me have a trip to the market thrice that day so I wasn't in the mood." You huffed, remembering the feeling you felt.

"Camilo seem to notice the scowl on my face so when I reached his spot, which is right next to the stall I was gonna buy to- he gave me a sunflower." You laughed

Dolores smiled, it's true that her brother can be thoughtful. After all, he wouldn't leave someone with a frown on their face, he'll make sure to make them smile before they parted ways.

And it seems that, you're one of the people that he cheered up.

"I was confused at first, but when he said- a flower a day, will keep the annoyance away." You glanced at your best friend, wanting to see her reaction.

A loving smile is on her red lips, soft expression as she stared at you.

You returned the smile before looking back at the wall, "That cheesy line of his made me smile, we exchanged a few words before he left to play with the kids, he stopped just to make me smile that's why I think that he's thoughtful."

The admiration on your voice made your best friend think that maybe you do like him, just not the way how he likes you.

"These past few days made me think that he's still a child at heart, I often caught him staring at the kids who would smile and laugh with their friends." You said with a longing look.

Dolores knew that she was your only friend in this town, the people might like you but not to the extent that they'll befriend you.

Girls at your age doesn't seem too fond of you either, she can hear their harsh words towards you, she can hear how much they hate you and it often made her frown.

You didn't do anything wrong, you don't even approach anyone unless you were given a task including that person.

But alas, she can't do anything to stop them especially when she couldn't do anything to protect herself against those bad rumors that surrounds her.

"He look so lonely sometimes, y'know?" Your statement made the young woman perked up.

"He has that loneliness in his eyes and smile, Dolores." You added on.

Dolores looked away when she heard your statement, she knew that you are observant but not to this extent. Although, she should have expected it.

You are her best friend after all.

"I do see him interact with people who's the same age as him, but don't you think he deserve a break from his shape shifting?" You asked, tilting your head to look at her.

Your eyes held the same adoring look that you gave her 10 years ago.

"Actually, all of you deserves a break." You sighed.

Dolores kept quiet, unable to say anything at this point. "Having a gift is bad sometimes."

"I can see you closing your eyes when you heard something you don't like or if you heard something loud, I often want to ask, but I know that you wouldn't want to talk about it." You smiled sincerely to your best friend.

"I'm here, I'm always free if you want to talk. I didn't stick by your side just to be a decoration. I stayed by your side to be an emotional support, because I know how it feels to not have someone when you're down and suffering silently." You chuckled softly when you saw Dolores trying to hold in her tears.

You sat up and pulled Dolores in a warm embrace, wrapping your arms securely around her petite form as she sniffled quietly.

"Shush, it's okay to cry. Let it out." You whispered and pressed a kiss on her head whilst running your hand up and down on her back gently.

"Dios mio, why do you have to make every topic so emotional!" Dolores whispered-yell and pinched your side.

You laughed at her words, pulling away from the hug.

"I think that's my gift." You giggled and poke her nose, "Being emotional or moody."

Dolores only laughed quietly at your retort and snuggled on your stomach, the two of you stayed still for a moment.

"Hey, Y/n?" Dolores spoke up.

"Hm?" You continued to rub her back, just in case she start crying again.

"Thank you for staying by my side." You blinked slowly, getting giddy inside.

Dolores shifted on a comfortable position on her bed and she pulled you with her.

Letting her arm fall on your waist as she closed her eyes.

"You're welcome, Dolores." You whispered with a smile, seeing that she drifted off to sleep.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

I didn't plan to update a second chapter today, but..

Reading the comments gave me a boost of serotonin, motivation and inspiration.

Thank you so much for the feedbacks!

It meant so much for me.💛

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

88.1K 4.4K 15
Keep your Distance [Camilo Madrigal x Male! Reader] COMPLETED :D Did you really have to hit him? Camilo Madrigal, the 15 year old shapeshifter of th...
1.3K 17 7
Encanto Reader Insert. Imagine you're a young child in a huge family. Imagine that family was the Madrigal Family. Now, imagine you have the power to...
22.6K 709 13
Camilo x reader In which modern!femreader was forced to go abroad with her family (despite wanting to stay at home) to see the Casa De Madrigal. At s...
549K 15.7K 26
Fleeing from your old village and trying to leaving your past behind, you stumble across the family Madrigal's village. Will you earn the trust of th...