Other World - Countryhumans x...

By dorkus_doofus

(she/her pronouns are used here but gender doesn't really matter in this story) (Y/N) was a somebody, yet a n... More

Oh Jeez, School
British Dude?
There Are More of You?
The Arrival of the Allies
Small One
Not Again...
Tagged!
CH Chats: Creeper, aw man
Liebling
Battle Scars
Reunited (Part 1)
Reunited (Part 2)
Doorway to the Future
A Small Companion
The Bad 50... (April Fools)
The Good 50
A Grateful Gecko
Human in Our House
Dinner Talk
Bump in the Road
Missing

Distraction

1.4K 48 61
By dorkus_doofus

"Alright. Sounds like a plan." I tossed the snacks at the back seat. We came to get snacks for the road but ended up losing the person we were supposed to be helping. This left me with a question, one that I knew my brother was also thinking:

Where are you, (Y/N)?

————————————————————

-(Y/N) POV-

I walk out of the restaurant, not bothering to look back. Who the hell does he think he is, taking my picture like that? Forget any other memory I had of this guy, if this is what he's like now, then I'd rather walk out than stay and catch up. And his brother looked so meek... so apologetic... like this definitely wasn't the first time something like this happened in his presence.

I make my way back to the gas station, hoping that I didn't keep Australia and New Zealand waiting for too long... if they're still there, that is. Jeez, how long have I been gone? 20 minutes? 25? Hopefully they had the patience to stay and wait for me to come back.

I turned my head toward (L/N), who was sitting on my shoulder, and booped their head with my finger. "This is your fault, you know." (L/N) just flicked their tongue out, as if to say, "Yeah, so?"

I taught them well.

I arrive at the gas station, and scan the area in an attempt to spot the car I got here in.

No sign of the car. Or the brothers.

I peered into the convenience store window in one last desperate attempt to spot the two. They weren't in there either. Of course they weren't in there, who spends almost half an hour in a convenience store?

"Oh... shoot." begin to mutter to myself. "What the hell do I do now?"

I begin to contemplate the few options I had. Maybe I should wait here... Do I wait for them to come back? They will come back, won't they? Unless they left me behind on purpose...

Pull yourself together, (Y/N)! This isn't home! They genuinely wanted to help you, they wouldn't abandon you here! There's gotta be some other explanation.

Ok. Option number two: I go looking for them. Maybe I'll run into them somewhere else? But, on foot, I probably wouldn't get too far, and it's much better to stay put then to leave. Option two isn't looking so good.

Option 3... go back to the restaurant and ask the brothers for help. Even if it means putting up with America's shit. Oof.

As much as I don't like to admit it, the third option seems like the best one. I think my best bet is to wait here for a few minutes and go back inside the restaurant to ask them for help. After all, they are all related, right?

I lean against the wall of the convenience store and sighed. I'm so glad that this place is empty. I should probably get moving though, I don't want to stick around to find some country gawking at me and possibly turn me in or something for breaking portal hopping laws... or something.

I really can't believe I just said that in my head. What is this, some poorly written fanfic?

Just as I turn around to make my way back to the restaurant, I see two familiar figures heading in my direction.

It's like they read my mind.

I contemplate speed walking out of there as America waves to me. Whatever disagreement or dispute I had with him has to be be put on hold if I want to find Australia and New Zealand again. No turning back now.

"Well, look who's standing there looking more lost than a puppy." I rolled my eyes. Oh my god this may not be worth it.

He bent down a little and slung his arm around my shoulders, "Who were you looking for again? Who was it that you 'kept waiting' for?" He looked down at me with a smug, shit eating grin. I can feel my face turning red from embarrassment, I can't believe this is happening.

As I pried off the smug bastard, I saw Canada look around for a bit and then turn to me. "Where are Australia and New Zealand? I thought you said they were here?"

"Yeah, were here," I said, with a hint of disappointment in my voice. He really seemed like he wanted to see his brothers... "Emphasis on were. I uh, don't know where they are now."

I guess he could sense the disappointment in my voice, because he put his hand on my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me, "I'm sorry, we shouldn't have kept you there for as long as we did..."

This boi. He's apologizing for something he did even do. He's apologizing on behalf of his brother and took partial blame. He is too pure.

I gave him the warmest smile I could muster up, "N-no, you don't have to apologize, really. You didn't do anything wrong."

...Wow. I know his face is mostly red, but has it always been this red?

He collected himself and retracted his hand from my shoulder, stammering, "Oh, o-ok. If you say so." After a few seconds, his eyes lit up, "Un, if you want, maybe we could hel—"

"Ok, moment's over you two." America interrupted, pushing us a bit away from each other, "Look, I don't know what your business with my brothers is, but whatever it was, you can definitely count on us to help out." He ruffles his brother's fuzzy raccoon hat as he finishes his sentence. I gave America a deadpan look, but Canada smiles at me in a reassuring manner, "He's right you know, I'd be willing to help you out in any way I can."

Maybe he's just saying that because he has a reputation of being nice, but part of me thinks that he was being genuine. As for America? I'm not too sure. I still feel like he wants something out of this...

"Okay then," I start, "What do you suggest we do?"

I swear behind those sunglasses, his big, milk white eyes shrunk to two beady dots. "I have absolutely no idea."

It was as if he sensed the gears in his brothers brained had stopped turning, because Canada swiftly chimed in. "Well, uh— if you don't mind me asking, what was your business with our brothers?"

Oh, yeah. I probably should've started with that. After all, I trust them. Well, one of them.

"Australia was actually the one who found me when I first came here," I began, "I was stranded in the middle of nowhere when I saw him. I think he was observing kangaroos or something..."

"Middle of nowhere, spying on animals, sounds very much like him." America scoffed. Canada gave him a side-glance, and America gave him a glance of his own that said 'What? I'm right!' He then looked back at me, "Anyways, continue."

So I did, "He let me stay in his home, well, I guess his shared home with New Zealand, and we talked about... well.... I guess how to help me get back home." I completely forgot that was what this was all about. Our road trip completely took my mind off the fact that we were actually going to go set up a meeting with UN to discuss the matter. How I wished the road trip lasted longer, I'm not really looking forward to this...

I snapped out of my thought when I head Canada's voice, "Well, I guess we could help you with that! Or if you prefer, we could help you locate our brothers to help you finish your journey."

I held back a sigh. That's the thing though, I was hoping this whole... process would take longer. I want to enjoy my time here, I want meet more people, maybe meet some of the countries I've met before. I'm not ready to go back to my old life. But I wouldn't want to bother them, either. I should appreciate that everyone I've met so far has been willing to help me go back home, whether it be because humans aren't supposed to be here, or out of the kindness of their own hearts. But still...

"How about we take a little break from... all of this first?" America suggested, interrupting me from being swallowed by my thoughts. He waved his hands in front of him for emphasis.

Canada blinked. "Huh? But, isn't it best to get this over with as quickly as possibly so (Y/N) can get back to her life in the human world?"

America rolled his eyes. "Come on, Maple. You mean to tell me that you were gonna let her leave without seeing what this place has to offer?"

"Well, maybe (Y/N) could use a break..." Canada mutters to himself before turning to me, "uhm— (Y/N), do you mind at all if we were to take you somewhere where you could enjoy a day before—"

"—Before we have to take you to the UN and everything goes to shit?" America interrupted. Well, I guess he's not entirely wrong, this isn't something I'm exactly looking forward to.

Canada side eyed his brother as he muttered, "You could've phrased it a little more nicely, y'know." And America just shrugged. I responded with no hesitation, "I don't mind at all."

"Well okay, I guess that's settled. Let's get in the car, then." Canada shrugged, getting in the passengers seat. I was about to get into the car when America put his hand on my shoulder, the one unoccupied by my lizard, and leaned in, "Hey uh, you looked as pale as a ghost when my bro mentioned getting you back to your world. Look, it's probably gonna be scary, and what I said about it going to shit probably didn't help or whatever, so I figured a distraction was what you needed right now."

...What exactly was he getting at? I raised my brow, "distraction, meaning...?"

"How do you feel about getting sick on the most awesome rides this place has to offer?"

——
Thank you for your kind comments, sorry for the waitI had trouble deciding where I wanted to take this story also school
Also I kinda want the countries to have nicknames for each other (hence America calling Canada 'maple' ) sooo lemme know if you have any ideas, ALSO tell me which countries u wanna see the next chapter pls i wana expand beyond the English speaking lads

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.5K 1.1K 16
Y/N is the average girl. not pretty not ugly. not dumb not smart. and she lives a average life. everything normal until a certain boy comes into her...
4.9K 297 25
(School AU) (Y/n) (L/n) is a very smart young lady. She always gets good marks on her quizzes and tests. She's nice to everyone and tries to stay pos...
73.6K 2.4K 31
It was just a regular day for you, after an exhausting day of work, you got home and get your well-deserved day off. The only difference is that you'...
161K 4.5K 50
North Korea x reader except I'm trapped in my house so it's going to be a wild ride. Y/N has finally made it to the one place that she might be safe...