ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴀ sʜᴏᴛ. (ᴄᴀᴍɪʟᴏ ᴍ.)

By cochorei_

"I don't think that you have a chance with her, hermano." "It's worth a shot." "She's literally older than yo... More

[ ☘︎ ]
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
[☘︎]

11

7.9K 366 214
By cochorei_

"Y/n!" You, Isabella and Mirabel jolted in your spots.

Hearing Dolores yell is unusual for everyone, mostly because of her gift that keeps her from doing so.

You were quick to turn your head in the direction of where her voice came from, the three of are surrounded with plants, trees and small boulders so you really can't see much.

"I think we're in trouble.." Mirabel whispered towards Isabella.

"Yes! You- Mirabel and Isabella are in trouble!" Another shrill scream from Dolores can be heard from somewhere and that made you flinch.

"Well, holy mother of cacti, I didn't expect for Dolores to yell." Isabella said with her lifting her chin up.

"Did not expect?! I've been looking EVERYWHERE for MY best friend!" Dolores's voice can be heard getting near.

"Hermana, please calm down. It's not good for your ears." Camilo's voice echoed in the forest.

You only sighed and caress your head while waiting for Dolores to emerge from the trees.

A huff can be heard before Dolores came out from the tall tree with a distraught Camilo behind her.

"And I thought I said to not lose your composure." You joked.

You quickly shut up when you saw Dolores sent you a glare.

"You two." Dolores pointed at Isabella and Mirabel. The two mentioned female immediately stood up.

One with nervous expression and the other one has a composed yet overly confident poise.

"I think I made it clear that Y/n is my best friend and you two dragged her where my ears can't hear any of you!" Dolores exclaimed, finally, a frown etched on her pretty features.

Camilo made his way towards his sister and caressed her shoulders, an attempt to calm her down. It seemed to work so he didn't let go of her.

Dolores sighed, "I'm sorry for yelling, but I just got worried."

The young woman looked at you momentarily then looked back at her primas.

Isabella and Mirabel shared a knowing glance before pulling Dolores into a warm embrace, the woman gladly hugged back.

You stood awkwardly on the side as the three of them embrace each other.

"Uhh.." You trailed off, seeing that the four of them are currently surrounded with mushy atmosphere.

"Right! I wanted to talk to you!" Dolores let go of Isabella and Mirabel whilst she shrugged off her brother's hands from her shoulders.

She quickly made her way to you and embraced you tightly, you didn't hesitate to return the gesture seeing and feeling that the action made your best friend visibly relax- you didn't let go.

You felt Dolores tightened her hold around you.

"I was planning to talk to you, but.." Dolores pulled away from the hug, "I remembered that I have something to do back at the Casita!" She squeaked out.

She hurriedly walked back to Isabella and Mirabel then she pushed the two of them towards the path that leads back to town, their expression morphed into confused and irritated ones.

"Don't stay out until dark!" Dolores called out.

The two other female seem to catch on what she's trying to do and a large grin immediately made its way to their lips.

"Make sure she'll get back to her house in one piece, primo!" Mirabel yelled out, her head turning slightly to give her cousin a encouraging gaze.

"Keep her safe and sound, Camilo!" Isabella quickly added on, a mocking and teasing grin placed upon her lips.

You shot the three of them a confused glance, watching them retreat back to the tall trees while their giggles echoed in the forest.

"That.. Was weird.." You muttered, sitting back down on the picnic blanket and picking up the book that you were reading with Mirabel and Isabella.

Camilo didn't know what to do so he just stood there, staring longingly at your back.

And as if his prayers were heard, you glanced back towards him momentarily with a gentle smile on your face.

"What are you standing there for? Take a seat, chameleon." You took your eyes away from his rigid figure and focused on the book in your grasp.

Camilo ignored what you just called him and didn't waste any time to take your invitation to sit beside you, his eyes trailed down at the basket on top of the blanket.

"Is there a leftover picnic food in there?" The boy asked, not really minding the quickened heart beats of his.

You blinked and raised a brow at his newfound courage to talk to you, but you decided to brush it off and not to tease him for now.

"Of course, Tia Julieta's Arepas are already cold but for sure, they're still delicious for you." You joked.

Camilo smiled at your words, "Yeah, Tia Julieta makes the best meal that I have ever taste."

He picked up an Arepa from the basket and took a bite, sure enough, the Arepa still tasted good for him. It is his favorite after all.

You chuckled and ruffled his curly hair, an action that you can't control since it's how you show affection to kids and younger people than you.

"You're not wrong about that, Tia Julieta's meals are just delicious and you can't get enough of them." You mused, your eyes sparking with so much joy and adoration.

Camilo stared at you, admiration and so much love in his hazel eyes, his gaze landed on your arm and then it trailed up to you, hand on his hair.

The boy almost choked on his Arepa, he had forgotten how nervous he felt when he was in your presence, he got too comfortable and now, you were touching him.

Touching his hair.

You are touching his hair.

Realization sink in his brain, the small bite of Arepa got stucked in his throat causing for him choke.

Series of cough was elicited from his mouth and you panicked, scared that he might die.

You quickly pat his back and even made him kneel so he would properly get the small piece of food out of his throat.

After a second, he got the feeling of air rushing inside his lungs and he took a deep breath, silently begging for the ground to eat him for embarrassing himself in front of you.

"Oh dios mio, Camilo! You have to chew before swallowing the food!" You flicked his forehead, scolding him as he took another bite of the Arepa.

The shapeshifter stayed quiet and bask in your warmth that was provided by your hand.

You didn't remove your hand on his arm that somehow gripped the sleeve of his shirt when you were scolding him.

It was silent for a moment, but you wanted to get to know your best friend's brother a little more, maybe making him talk would do the trick.

Of course, you have to go first.

You sighed softly and then smiled, "Mind me telling you how my day went?"

Camilo perked up and shook his head, he would drop everything and anything just to hear how youw day went. He wants to know everything that you did and was about to do.

Seeing your face is enough for him, but hearing your voice? Damn, it must be his lucky day.

You giggled and pulled him close, he stiffened for a little bit before relaxing and enjoyed the warmth of your hand that you placed on top of his head when you made him lay on your lap.

Maybe making him talk would be a little easier this way, you were glad that your best friend trusted you enough to be alone with him.

And for the past weeks of him since he met you.

This is the first ever, long and proper conversation that you two had.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

Another chapter that didn't make me feel satisfied, wtf.

I do hope that yall enjoyed this one.
See you all tomorrow for the next update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 167 28
A new Encanto happend to the family Madrigals. A mistery girl transported threw Camilo's door. The Madrigals are cleuless why she is here. She know...
106K 2.6K 16
The Manzanares family. A gifted family from Mexico who traveled all the way to Encanto to meet the gifted family they've heard so much about. In th...
21K 482 7
Set after the events of Encanto. - Your family has just moved into the village and your first sight is a family with gifts. One of them, a girl named...
1.6K 46 15
Seven years after the Casita was rebuilt, many things changed. The Madrigal family is getting even bigger, as Dolores is expecting her second child w...