Element of Love

By harry_potterfan1220

Ruby Rose was an alicorn. The Princess of Love. Her element of love fit with the power of her finding people'... More

Chapter 1- Let's Do This
Chapter 2- Help Twilight Sparkle
Chapter 3- Admitting
Chapter 4- We're In This Together
Chapter 5- The Fall Formal
Chapter 6- The Magic of Friendship
Chapter 7- Rainbow Rocks
Chapter 8- Milkshakes and Gossip
Chapter 9- The Rainbooms
Chapter 10- The Right Instrument
Chapter 12- Awesome As I Wanna Be
Chapter 13- Trapped
Chapter 14- Welcome to the Show
Chapter 15- Forgive
Chapter 16- The Friendship Games
Chapter 17- Generosity
Chapter 18- Laughter
Chapter 19- The Academic Decathlon
Chapter 20- Kindness, Honesty, Loyalty, and Love
Chapter 21- Forgiveness
Chapter 22- Light and Dark

Chapter 11- Shake Your Tail

400 9 0
By harry_potterfan1220

"Hey, hey, listen. We've got a message for you. We're not all alike, but our friendship is true. Yeah, we're really different, but we still get along. So, hey, hey! Listen to our song. You may think you're in control, but we're here to prove you wrong. And the friendship in our music is the power of our song! We're gonna stomp our feet, clap our hands. With the magic of friendship. Gonna stop your evil plan."

As Twilight sang, I kept playing the notes. I had confidence in Twilight, in our song. She was nervous, and I could tell. She sings so beautifully in Ponyville and here. The only reason she's off-key is because she's nervous and doesn't have enough energy in the song.

"Uh... That sounded better than the... last five times you've played it," Spike commented.

"Nope," MacIntosh said as he passed by.

"I think it's pretty obvious what's going wrong with this counter-spell," Rainbow stated.

"You're turning what should be the chorus into a five-minute guitar solo?" Applejack snapped.

"I have to pick up the slack somehow! Are you guys even trying?" Rainbow questioned.

"I'm trying," Fluttershy said shyly.

"It's fine! It'll be fine. One more time from the top!" Twilight said confidently.

"Actually, Twi, let's take a quick break," I said, noticing the maddening look in her eyes.

"Try on some of the wardrobe choices I've put together? I'm particularly fond of this one," Rarity said, changing into an outfit that looked like a marching band uniform. "Of course, I could always go with something more modern."

"We're trying to save our school here. Enough with the costumes!" Applejack shouted, annoyed.

Rarity scoffed. "You could never have enough costumes!"

"She just wants to make things fun! Isn't that what being in a band is supposed to be?" Pinkie asked grumpily.

"You don't have time for any of this! You're supposed to check into the Battle of the Bands in fifteen minutes!" Sunset argued.

We all gasped, rushing around. I fazed them out as I packed up all the equipment. I packed up my flute, taking deep breaths to calm my nerves. We made it to the gym in time for us not to be late. I put my flute together as we waited for the event to start.

"Welcome to the first ever Canterlot High School Battle of the Bands! I believe I speak for everyone when I say it is by far the greatest thing we have ever done here at this school!" Principal Celestia announced. "We are so glad our three new students encouraged us to turn this event into something exciting!"

"But, as this is now a competition, we can only choose one winner. Who is it going to be?" Vice Principal Luna asked, stirring up the arguments that were quieted down moments before.

We walked into the gym, our instruments ready. We looked around nervously. I took a deep breath. Remember what Caramel said. Remember what Caramel said.

"When you're on stage, when you're in the moment, you feel like you're floating. Remember that. Stay in that element. Reach for the clouds with your mind and your talent."

I rolled my eyes as Snips and Snails did a freestyle on stage. They spouted random things that didn't make sense. They dropped the microphones on the stage, making me wince as a loud noise rang through the gym.

"Please, do not drop the microphones," Principal Celestia said.

"In your face, Rainbooms," Snails said as the two passed us.

"Let's give them a storm," I whispered to Rainbow.

She smirked, nodding.

"At least we know one group won't stand in the way of us getting to the finals," Applejack commented.

"Let's get ready to rock," Rainbow said.

"Wait, where's Rarity?" Pinkie asked.

"Here! I'm here!" Rarity said. "We will be performing in front of an audience. I'm not going to wear something fabulous?"

"You look great, Rarity," I assured her.

We walked onto the stage. Twilight needed a harmony for the song, so I put away my flute and traded it for the microphone. I gripped it, relaxing my fist slowly. This was going to work. Our plan was going to work.

"Remember, we have to be good enough to make it through. But not so good. We let the Sirens see the magic within us. They could realize we're playing music against them," Twilight reminded us.

"Got it. Be cool enough to win, but not so cool that we end up pulling off the whole ears and tails and rainbows thing. So, about twenty percent less cool," Rainbow explained.

"One, two!" Pinkie clicked her sticks together.

We've just got the day to get ready

And there's only so much time to lose

Because tonight, yeah, we're here to party

So let's think of something fun to do

We don't know (we don't know) what's gonna happen

We just know (we just know) it's gonna feel right

All our friends are here

And it's time to ignite the lights!

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail, shake your tail

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail, shake your tail

So what you didn't get it right the first time

Laugh it off, no one said it is a crime

Do your thing, you know you're an original

Your ideas are so funny that they're criminal

Ohhh-ahh!

We've just got the day to get ready

And there's only so much time to lose

Because tonight, yeah, we're here to party

So let's think of something fun to do

We don't know (we don't know) what's gonna happen

We just know (we just know) it's gonna feel right

All our friends are here

And it's time to ignite the lights!

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail, shake your tail

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail, shake your tail

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail, shake your tail

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail, shake your tail

Shake your tail 'cause we're here to have a party tonight!

I tried to prevent as much sabotage as I could. I removed the magnets from Rarity and put her more toward the front. Pinkie set off the confetti, and I prevented it from going everywhere. I snuck backstage and stopped a group from setting the spotlight on Fluttershy.

We finished, and it seemed to be a successful routine. Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna seemed somewhat impressed. They clapped enthusiastically and wrote down some things on their papers.

We went backstage, and I sat against the wall in relief. The look that Caramel gave me when I harmonized hurt me. Like I was the bad guy. My Caramel would never hurt me like that.

"Rarity, were you trying to make us lose out there?" Applejack snapped, startling me.

"This was not my fault! This was an act of sabotage!" Rarity argued.

"Yeah, well, whoever had done this couldn't have done this if you didn't insist on dressing like—like this!" Applejack argued. "We need to sound good! Is there some reason that concept seems to escape you?"

"And what was with the confetti, Pinkie Pie? How am I supposed to shred if there's paper stuck in my frets?" Rainbow questioned.

"It was pretty distracting," Fluttershy added.

"Says the girl who almost ran from a light! A light!" Pinkie screeched.

"Okay, enough!" I yelled, startling the group. "I fixed Rarity's situation, Apple. She dresses up. Isn't that an everyday thing? It's just a part of her personality. And Rainbow, Pinkie was trying to liven things up. Did you see some people snoring, or was it just me? And Pinkie, Fluttershy doesn't enjoy having the spotlight on her. We've both known that for years. I took care of it. She was there the whole time. Now, can we please not argue and focus on the next round?" I questioned.

"You still sounded better than most of the other bands. I'm sure you'll make it to the next round, but it won't matter if you don't have that counter-spell ready!" Sunset reminded us. "You all find a place to practice where the Sirens can't hear you. I'll keep an eye on things around here."

"I don't think we should use a classroom," Twilight started. She accidentally bumped into Flash. I backed up and bumped into Caramel.

Twilight giggled. "We really need to stop bumping into each other like this."

Flash rolled his eyes, making my eyes widen in surprise.

"Uh, you guys hear something?" Flash asked.

The group grunted.

"I said, we have to stop-"

"There it is again! So annoying," Flash cut her off.

"Why are you acting like this, Flash?" I asked.

"I thought we were friends," Twilight added.

"Yeah, and then you decided to come back here just so you could beat me in the Battle of the Bands! And Ruby with Caramel, too! No wonder he doesn't like you anymore, Ruby!" Flash snapped. "I want this, Twilight, and you're trying to take it from me! Some friend."

"That's not why-"

"Come on, Twilight," Applejack cut in. She lowered her voice. "Ruby's hurt."

I didn't realize it, but tears were forming in my eyes. I looked at Caramel pleadingly. He glared at me angrily. It felt so real, like that was the actual Caramel I loved. I had to remind myself repeatedly that it wasn't him.

"That's not him. Relax," Twilight whispered.

"But it's his words. And they really hurt, no matter if it came from this Caramel or Caramel back home," I said, sniffing and wiping my tears away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

409 1 15
After Twilight Sparkle's experiment with magic caused so much mayhem, she decided to put it all behind her and move on. However, there were some who...
253 7 7
This story is a sequel to Phoenix Magic Newly crowned Princess Twilight Sparkle's crown is stolen by a mysterious pony. She must venture into an unkn...
36.2K 1K 64
This is a story I'm Writing about the shipping from MLP, FlashLight. The Majority of this fic takes place in the Alternate Universe , where humans co...
10.3K 191 12
Note: I didn't own this story. I just wanted to share on wattpad. Description about story: Twilight Sparkle finds an ancient star chart which shows t...