Look After You - A Louis Toml...

By katie_rick

Ashley Styles is Harry's sister. She hasn't seen her little brother in over five years. She arrives in London... More

Chapter 1: New Places and Perspectives
Chapter 2: A Parallax
Chapter 3: Surprises
Chapter 4: Just For Fun
Chapter 5: Sneaking Out
Chapter 6: World Cup Match
Chapter 7: And The Party Continues...
Chapter 8: The Dinner Party
Chapter 9: Dilemmas
Chapter 10: Working Things Out
Chapter 11: Not So Much of a Stranger
Chapter 12: The First Date
Chapter 13: Fights Suck
Chapter 14: Singers Make the Best Apologies
Chapter 15: New Normal
Chapter 16: He Makes My Knees Weak
Chapter 17: I Hate Goodbyes
Chapter 18: Life Goes On
Chapter 19: Back For You
Chapter 20: Centerfield
Chapter 21: Forever Young
Chapter 22: Beautiful Goodbyes
Chapter 23: Not That Far Away
Chapter 24: The Third Cut is the Deepest.
Chapter 25: Friday I'll Be Over You
Chapter 26: When She Loved Me (Louis' POV)
Chapter 27: Torn
Chapter 28: I Heart ?
Chapter 30: Lloro Por Ti
Chapter 31: Be Still
Chapter 32: Troublemakers
Chapter 33: First Impressions
Chapter 34: Danger Zone
Chapter 35: Let the Flames Begin
Chapter 36: Up All Night
Chapter 37: When You Wake Up
Chapter 38: I Won't Give Up
Chapter 39: Keep Your Head Up
Chapter 40: Read Between the Lines
Chapter 41: You're My Life Now
Chapter 42: How to Save A Life
Chapter 43: Save You Tonight
Chapter 44: Distracted
Chapter 45: She's Got Something
Chapter 46: Take Me Home
Chapter 47: Hold You in My Arms
Chapter 48: Stupid Mistakes
Chapter 49: Want You Back
Chapter 50: Your Love is Strong
Chapter 51: Safe Haven
Chapter 52: All The Small Things
Chapter 53: Forever and Always
Chapter 54: Can You Feel the Love Tonight
Chapter 55: Remembering Sunday (Epilogue)
Never Had

Chapter 29: What If

8.4K 155 7
By katie_rick

(HARRY'S POV)

I was the first to run off stage as the last song from our tour ended at our last show. Management decided to add one final show in London to the tour, which I though was a pretty good idea since London is a really important city for us all. It was so weird to think that we had been gone for six months, it felt more like two! But hey, getting to hang out with my four best friends does make the time fly by. I felt someone jump on top off me and almost dropped them, but they quickly positioned themselves better so I wouldn't. I looked up to see a sweaty Niall, smiling and bouncing around like an idiot.

"We did it Harry! Another tour done! We get to go home now!" he yelled while high-fiving some of the concert workers. I laughed and set him down carefully, letting him run off and jump on Liam.

I smiled to myself just thinking back and all that has happened this year. We went on tour, I finally got to see my sister, we performed at Madison Square Garden, and yet... I'm still single. What does it take to get a date around here?

I grabbed a water bottle from a table backstage and began to untwist the cap when I saw Louis standing against a wall, alone. This poor boy had been so depressed lately, and I honestly feel bad for him. If it wasn't for his psycho ex he would still be with Ashley, and that was all he really wanted. I walked over to him and saw him look up from his phone and over at me. I smiled and he waved me over.

"What's up Lou? Want to come celebrate with the rest of us?" I asked him, remembering Zayn had said something about a party.

"Uh, I don't know, maybe. I'm a little knackered. I might just go back to the hotel and get some rest." he sighed. What had happened to Louis? He never turned down a party. Never.

"Oh come on, just for a little while? It'll be fun! You need to have some fun! All you've done on this tour is mope around, and that isn't going to make you feel better mate."

"I know it's not, but I can't help it. I've ruined everything, and I don't know what to do."

"You didn't do anything, Eleanor did. And if Ashley can't believe you, that's her own problem. But if she really does love you, she will believe you, soon."

"How soon is soon?" he asked, smirking at me. I laughed and we both began to walk back over to where the crew was packing stuff up and some people from management were talking to Paul. I spotted the boys over at the food table and began to walk over to them, Louis quickly following.

"So, you guys coming tonight? We figured we should just go get something to eat, maybe a little drink." Liam said.

"Yeah, sounds good. But I think we should all head back to the hotel first so we can shower and change clothes." I said as the boys all began to sniff each other.

"Yeah, probably a good idea. Let's go." Zayn said as we left the area, getting in a dark van, and going back to our hotel.

About twenty minutes later, I unlocked the room Louis and I shared and ran over to the shower, making sure Louis didn't beat me in the process. We always fought over the shower, especially because I took forever. Guess Lou is just going to have to settle for a cold, short shower. Haha. I took off my sweats and tee shirt that I changed into after the concert and stepped in the shower. About fifteen minutes later, I stepped back out and wrapped a towel around my waist. I opened the bathroom door to see Louis sitting on his bed, reading something on his laptop- probably twitter.

"Shower's all yours mate." I said as Louis looked up and closed his computer.

"Thanks, be out in a bit." he brushed past me and walked into the bathroom, quickly shutting the door. Louis was acting quite strange today, I wonder why?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(LOUIS' POV)

I stepped in the shower, hoping it would help me clear my thoughts. About a million things were running through my head right now, and I couldn't seem to stop thinking about them.

Why won't she forgive me, I didn't do anything wrong?

Did I do something wrong? Is that why everyone hates me?

Why can't Eleanor just tell the media?

Am I hurting her?

Oh God. The last thing I ever wanted to do was hurt Bo. She's everything to me and seeing her hurt would be like watching a massacre. Now that I was even more stressed, I figured going out and partying with the boys might help, so I was a little more excited to go out. I turned the shower off and put a towel on before I went back out into the bedroom. Once in the room, I walked over to one of the wardrobes where I was keeping a few items of clothing. I searched through it until I found a nice button down shirt and a plain pair of blue jeans. Simple enough for dinner. I ran back into the bathroom with my clothes and put them on quickly before fixing my hair, which we all know takes forever without the help of a stylist.

I was finally finished when I turned the knob of the bathroom door and began to head back into the bedroom. But I stopped and listened when I heard Harry on the phone.

"What? Mum, Mum, calm down. Speak clearly, I can't quite understand what you're saying." he said into the speaker.

What had Anne so upset? I stood there and waited for Harry's response, but when nothing came, I turned my head and saw him sitting on the bed, looking fairly normal. The only thing that was different was that his face was pale white. What had his mother said?

"What? You-you can't be serious. That didn't happen Mum." he shook his head.

"No, but-but how? I mean, why?" he asked, running a hand through his curly hair. He was clearing confused.

"Are you flying out there?" he asked her, a little less confusion in his voice.

Wait, flying where? Who would she fly out to? Did something happen to Ashley's dad? Or what about Ashley?

I couldn't stand to think about something so horrible happening to Ashley that she needed her mom to fly out. I prayed and prayed that it wasn't her, but I had a strange feeling in my gut that it was. Harry stood up from the bed and turned around. He looked at me, but quickly looked away, focusing his attention back to whatever his mother was saying.

"Okay, so the flight leaves at twelve thirty tonight at Heathrow? I can meet you there."

So now Harry was going with her? What was happening?

"Alright, I'll see you then. Bye Mum, I love you." Harry said as his mother ended the call.

He let out a big sigh and stretched out over his bed, looking straight up at the ceiling. He didn't say a word to me, which had me very confused. Harry always told me if something was troubling him. And it was even more important now that he told me, given the context that whatever it is might have to do with Ashley. I walked over to him and sat at the edge of his bed, looking toward the window that showed the lit up city skyline. I always loved London, it was such a nice city.

"Harry, what's wrong?" I stuttered out, afraid of the answer I would receive.

"Nothing, just some family business. Nothing for you to worry about." he got up and walked over to the wardrobe across from mine. Quickly, he pulled his clothing from the hangers and threw them in his suitcases. I walked over to him and shut the door to the wardrobe so he couldn't ignore me anymore.

"Harry, where are you going? And what is going on?" I said a bit more sternly. I couldn't let him lie about this to me.

"I told you, just some family business. My mum and I need to fly out and take care of some stuff, I'll be back soon. Just go hang out with the boys for tonight, have fun." he zipped up the last bag and began to wheel them across the floor. He almost made it to the door before I stopped him.

"Harry Styles, you will tell me the Goddamn truth or I won't let you leave." I blocked the door and he sighed, letting go of his suitcases and leaning his body against the wall.

"Lou, I told you, you don't need-" I cut him off by hitting the wall with my fist. It hurt for the first few seconds, but with all the adrenaline rushing through my body, it quickly went away.

"God Dammit Harry I know it has to do with Bo! I know it! If it didn't you wouldn't be keeping it from me! So just tell me the freaking truth already!" I yelled at him furiously.

He sighed again and ran his hand through his hair before taking a deep breath and heading back over to his bed. He sat down on it and I quickly sat next to him.

"Ashley's in the hospital Lou." he said solemnly. My heart shattered and I looked away quickly, trying to imagine her.

She needed me, and I wasn't there. I was never there. I was the worst form of a boyfriend, or whatever I am now, that there could ever be.

"Why" I managed to whisper.

"She passed out. Doctor thinks it has to do with some sort of a stomach related thing. They aren't sure yet. She just got there about half an hour ago. My mum and I are flying out in about an hour to go see her." Harry said quietly.

I seriously wanted to kill myself for this. What if I caused it?

"I'm coming with you." I got up and began to throw a bunch of my clothes and belongings in the two suitcases I had before zipping them up and putting them next to Harry's.

"Louis, I don't know if that's the best thing to do right now. I mean, you don't want to stress her out any more than she already is. It's just best for everyone if you stay here. I can pass on a message if you'd like."

"No. You aren't passing on a message for me because I'm coming with you. I don't care what anyone else thinks. I just need to see her. That's it. She doesn't have to say anything. I doubt she'd even talk to me. I just want to see her and tell her that I love her."

"Louis, jusy promise you won't cause any trouble?" Harry asked before opening the door and taking his two suitcases.

"I swear. Let's go." I smiled before grabbing my bags and following Harry out of the hotel.

One of the members of our security team gave us a ride to the airport. I was glad this was so last minute, given that no one else, even the boys, knew about it. We arrived at the airport and spotted Harry's mum waiting in front of a Starbucks cart. We both walked over to her and gave her a quick hug before making our way to the gate.

Anne looked like she hadn't slept at all in the last few days, even if she had just found out about Ashley tonight. Her eyes were swollen and red, obviously because of crying. Her hair was a little messy and her face was just dull. But I guess that's what happens when someone close to you gets hurt. I wonder if I look like that right now?

We finally got on the plane and I sat next to Harry at the front in first class. Luckily the flight wasn't very full, so we both managed to get first class tickets on very short notice. I noticed that Harry took out his phone and began a group message, probably telling the boys where we were. I was glad he did it becuase I probably would've forgotten.

I sat back in my seat and decided that I should probably sleep since I was still pretty tired from the show. It was kind of weird how just an hour ago we were performing in London and in about ten hours we will be in California. I closed my eyes and tried to think of happy thoughts, but they kept getting interrupted.

I get to see Ashley again!

But what if she doesn't want to see me?

What if something horrible happened to her?

What if she doesn't love me?

Suddenly I began to think that going with Harry and Anne to California was a bad idea. But I couldn't let those possibilities get in the way! I had to risk it if I wanted her back, and I definitely do. I have to go to California. I have to see her. I have to tell her the truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: Louis is coming back! How cute? But boy will he be in for a surprise when he gets back! Hahaha I'm so evil.... anyways, let me know what you thought! VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE! Also comment your predictions for the story, I wouldn't love to hear what everyone is thinking! Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 233 48
Ellie Christiansan is an eighteen year old girl who moved to London with her friends. Then she meets some, interesting people in an, interesting way...
1.8K 4 27
Harry Styles and Ashley Malik got introduced when Ashley decided to visit her brother Zayn. About a year later, Harry and Ashley are going strong. Bu...
2.9K 95 15
Mari is Liam sister. Yes The Liam as of Liam Payne from One Direction sister. Its been 5 crazy years for the boys but Mari has some how been part of...
71K 1.3K 35
June 1st, 2014: Today is the day I finally leave you behind. Along with our families, the memories of you and I are what I abandon as I start my new...