As We Dance With The Devil {T...

De The_Smiling_Paradox

Grian Xelqua Charles is a Main Watcher on The Council. His life is dangerous, but he doesn't regret it. A new... Mai multe

Characters
Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVII, V
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
Author's Note
Rewrite Out Now!

XVIII

217 6 19
De The_Smiling_Paradox

[Grian]

Me and Iskall had come together and built a base for our G-team HQ. It was looking like it was supposed to, but it was nowhere near ready yet. It was looking alright from the outside, but the inside was empty and all the details were missing.

I was staring at the progress we had made in the few hours. Iskall had already gone back home and told me that I should go too, but I hadn't listened to him.

"You should listen to his advice, you know," Xavier spoke.

'I want to keep working. There's something missing and it's bothering me,' I answered as I set down a purple shulker box full of building supplies for the base.

"Even I can feel the pain in your arm. The blood has soaked through your sleeve too if you hadn't already noticed," Xavier floated in front of me in his transparent form.

'I'm completely alright. You shouldn't worry about me. Go before someone sees you!' I said.

Xavier placed his scarred hand on my forehead. "You have a high fever. I can feel you burning up."

'I'm fine-,' I started, but got interrupted by a clump of warm crimson blood that I couched to my hands. I felt the liquid dripping from my mouth as I stared at my hands. They were covered in blood.

The blood continued dripped on the white concrete floor underneath me. I didn't move in what felt like hours. Then I lost my balance and fell down on my knees.

I didn't hear Xavier calling out my name as the whole world spun around me. Then it all went dark as I felt another clump of blood in my throat. With the familiar, metallic taste of blood in my mouth I went to unconsciousness.

[Haylie]

         "⍑ᔑ||ꖎ╎ᒷ!" I heard someone call out my name. The panicked tone in his voice got me to spin around as fast as I could, so I could see what was going on.

My hidden eyes widened when I saw Pixlriffs running towards me with someone laying on his arms. It took me only a second to realise that the bloody figure was Grian.

"Here!" I shouted and pulled a curtain open, letting them into an empty resting space. Pixlriffs ran in and placed Grian on the bed.

"What happened?" I asked as my hands ran over his body, examining for possible fever and bleeding. The situation with him looked bad, but I wasn't sure about what it was yet.

"I noticed an error in the code and went to inspect it. I found the place where it had happened and it was where Grian was laying like this. The ground was covered in blood and he was burning up," Pixlriffs explained. He didn't seem to have any better idea than I about the situation.

"Alright. Thank you for bringing him here." I moved my eyes back to Grian. "He's heartbeat is way too slow. I have to get to work immediately. Whatever it is, it's trying to kill him."

I gritted my teeth and placed my hands on his chest, hoping that I could do something to help him with my magics.

"I'll call ||ᒷリリ|| or ꖎ⚍!¡╎リ," Pixlriffs said and turned to hurry out of the resting space. He knew that I needed space to work with the injured.

          I picked up a syringe filled with healing ingredients. I infected it into his body to make him closer to being stable. Then I turned to examine him if I could find something that could explain his situation.

The bleeding in his left hand. There was something in it. I placed my hand on it and felt the dark magics immediately. My breath hitched and for a second my heart stopped.

I looked at him in horror as I realised how serious the situation actually was. He was minutes away from dying. I had to work, and quick.

"||ᒷリリ||!" I shouted her name, knowing she would hear it. Then I turned back to him and pulled out another syringe. I infection it right to the bleeding arm.

"What's-," Yenny started as she peeked her head through the curtains. She froze mid sentence when she saw Grian laying on the bed in that condition.

"He's been cut with a poisonous demonic weapon. The cut is really deep and the poison has spread fast. I need stronger anti-poison potions to get the poison out as fast as possible," I instructed her while trying to get him more stable with my magics.

"On it!" Yenny exclaimed and turned around, disappearing behind the curtains.

I ran my hand through his hair and bit my lip, making it bleed. The taste of my own blood filled my mouth, but I couldn't care less. I had to keep my magics running so I could keep his heart bleeding.

[No one]

        Lupin ran up the stairs, pulling the doors open as fast as she could. They opened easily and swung wide open. Ned and Reed, even though they had seen her ran and slam the doors open, hadn't had enough time to react to the doors opening so fast. And so Ned flew down the stairs again. Reed just watched after him with his jaw hanging open. He hadn't expected the doors to be able to open so fast, usually they were really tricky.

"I'm so sorry リᒷ↸!" Lupin shouted after herself as she ran into the Council's private property. Her footsteps echoed through the hallways and faded away as the doors shut behind her.

She kept running until she bursted through the office's doors. Her suddenly appeared made Oskari drop his book that happened to land on Leslie's head since she was standing next to the ladders he was sitting on.

"Is the place on fire or are you just trying to make the oldest of us have heart attacks?" Mao asked, raising his eyes from the book he had been reading.

"If you didn't happen to notice, the rest of us here are 19 or 18. Your the oldest of us here," Irwin pointed out as he looked at Oskari and Leslie and then back at Mao.

"Damn, I thought there was someone older than me, but looks like I was wrong," Mao sighed and turned to look back at Lupin.

She had finally caught her breath and began exclaiming. "We have a problem! ⍑ᔑ||ꖎ╎ᒷ's handling it, but it's still a problem!"

"Is it a medical center one? Someone injured?" Mao asked, his tone turning serious. He understood that they weren't joking anymore, this was something serious that they were dealing with.

"Yes," Lupin nodded fast.  " ̇/ᒷꖎᑑ⚍ᔑ's gotten a deep cut from a poisonous demonic blade. He almost died, but ⍑ᔑ||ꖎ╎ᒷ and ||ᒷリ managed to make his situation more stable. The problem is that ⍑ᔑ||ꖎ╎ᒷ is using her own energy to keep his heart beating and she's starting to look weak. She can't keep up for long, we need someone else who has the same kind of magical abilities!"

"ᓭ⍑ᒷリ is our best opinion. She has experienced from demonic magics. Someone go get her!" Mao answered immediately. Irwin stood up and hurried out of the door like a bolt of lightning.

[Haylie]

          The world was spinning fast, but I couldn't take my hands off of his chest. I had to keep him stable while Yenny used the medical ways. My head hurt and I felt like I was burning up. The magic was way more stronger than what I normally used and it was really weakening me. But I had no other opinions than to keep it up, I didn't want him to die.

Yenny gave me a worried look, but I shook my head. She shouldn't worry about me when Grian is dying in front of us.

"You have to let go! You'll kill yourself if you don't stop!" Yenny exclaimed in panic just before I turned my head to choke out blood.

"Ignore me and focus on him!" I chocked out along with more blood that fell on my cloak, staining it with crimson colour.

        I didn't hear Yenny's protests as the world began going dark and I felt my magics bursting back to me with a dangerous speed. For a second my life flashed in front of my eyes as I fell backwards. The magic traveled through me like the electricity traveled through a bathtub where someone had dropped a toaster in.

Someone's arms around me made me realise that I was still alive. I couldn't see him, but I knew who was holding me. It was Chet. I recognised the heat of his body and the way he held onto me. That was something I could recognise from any of my siblings.

"Go to sleep, we'll take care of it for now. You've done enough," he's voice rang to my ears before I slipped to unconsciousness.

[Sherenidy]

          "We have to drop these to the public library," I said to Chet as we walked through the HQ, carrying a pile of old books in our arms.

He hummed in agreement and managed to open the door that led out of our private space. When he pushed the door open, I was surprised by the lack of Reed and Ned on the other side of it. Then I noticed Ned laying by the end of the stairs with Reed crouching next to him. There was blood coming from his nose that he was holding with his hand that had too taken the crimson colour.

Chet and I looked at each other before hurrying to the two of them. Reed noticed us and turned around.

"ꖎ⚍!¡╎リ ∴ᔑᓭ ╎リ ᔑ ⍑⚍∷∷||. ╎'⍊ᒷ リᒷ⍊ᒷ∷ ᓭᒷᒷリ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ↸𝙹𝙹∷ 𝙹!¡ᒷリ ᓭ𝙹 ∴ᒷꖎꖎ ᔑリ↸ ⎓ᔑᓭℸ ̣," he said immediately and gestured towards Ned, who looked like he was so done with his life.

"Damn, that door really hates him," I huffed and handed my books to Chet as he offered to take them before running to drop them off to the library right next to us.

"╎ℸ ̣  ∷ᒷᔑꖎꖎ|| ↸𝙹ᒷᓭ," Reed nodded and put his fingers around our brother's nose to stop it from bleeding.

"We have Garroth x doors, but looks like we aren't getting リᒷ↸ x doors," I sighed, sounding almost disappointed. Ned shot me a 'you little shit' -look.

"Did he get brain damage or only nose damage?" Chet asked as he walked back to us.

"Damn, that hits hard! You don't have to say that since you know that you're the only one of us who can get brain damage!" I said, pretending to be hurt. "The rest of us don't have brain that can get damaged! You don't have to flex with yours!"

"ᓭ⍑ᒷリ! ᓭ⍑ᒷリ!" I heard someone call me. We all turned around to see Irwin basically fly down the stairs, luckily to be catched by Chet before hitting the floor like Ned.

"Careful there!" Chet warned him.

"We have a problem! At the medical center! ⍑ᔑ||ꖎ╎ᒷ needs help!" Irwin exclaimed. "It's serious! Poisonous demonic magic!" he continued. My eyes immediately met Chet's.

"We'll go immediately," I nodded and began running towards the medical center with Chet right after me.

         We rushed to the resting space where we felt Haylie and Yenny in. We were just in time to see Haylie collapse. Chet hurried to catch her and I hurried to replace her hands on the victim's chest.

The shock was real when I noticed that it was Grian who was currently almost dying in front of us. I let my magic float through him as I turned my eyes to meet Yenny's.

Behind me Chet knocked Haylie out with his magic and carried her out to another resting space before returning to us.

"He's almost stable, but if we don't remove the poison, it'll kill him later," I finally spoke. Yenny looked hesitant, she didn't know how to do it.

"Well, do you know how to do it?" Chet asked and turned to look at me. I nodded and pulled out Deger.

"It'll be painful for him, but at least he won't die," I grimaced as I sunk the dagger into his flesh, letting it glow as it collected the poison.

"Will he be okay.?" Yenny asked hesitatedly. I turned to look at her. Her long, blonde hair was hanging freely in front of her chest and she had a worried look on her face.

I glanced at her and Chet. "I'm not the nurse here, but I think he will. I can't promise anything, but I've done everything that I can."

"Let's hope that's enough," Chet hummed and ran his hand through Grian's hair in our normal sibling like way.

Words: 2156

[13.1.2022]

(Look at that, I'm back :D I definitely didn't manage to get addicted to Assassination Classroom- But don't worry, the dvd I ordered hasn't arrived yet, so I can't (yet) spend all my time watching it over and over again-)

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

59.7K 2K 15
✦ Complete ✦ !DISCLAIMER I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT HERMITCRAFT! me mixing three universes into one. bare with me here. Grian has already had a traumatic...
20.6K 641 21
Grian had spent his whole life running. Running away from Evo. Running away from YandereHigh. Running away from Sam. He was sick of it. So when he fi...
8.2K 683 23
After being a Watcher for over two centuries, Grian has decided to flee from them in favor of being human again. A secret portal turns out to be his...
8.8K 283 14
THIS FANFIC IS DISCONTINUED CURRENTLY DCLF/The Prototypes Au story Grian; Xelqua So much things to hide. ... But he can't keep it a secret from his f...