Into The Darkness [#2]

By EmmaNorman_

Blake and Ellie are back but, as with every relationship, there is always something trying to come between th... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN (PART ONE)
CHAPTER SIXTEEN (PART TWO)
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE (PART ONE)
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE (PART TWO)
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE (PART THREE)
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

1.3K 63 18
By EmmaNorman_

ELLIE

        “You need to stop. Seriously,” I couldn’t stop laughing as Blake poked my sides for the thousandth time. He hadn’t stopped touching me since we walked out of Jackson’s hospital room and he successfully growled at every single male in the hospital until they bowed their head in submission.

        Even that made me laugh. Blake was one of the least terrifying people I knew and he didn’t have it in him to kill most of the time. He was lovely and the things he did for me only made me fall more in love with him every single day – our bond never seemed to stop growing with each day that actually passed.

        But the unmated males of the pack were seriously terrified of Blake. They thought he would rip their heads off if they so much as looked at me. Some of them had an unnecessarily active imagination and, through the pack link, I had seen the things they thought would happen to them – from literally ripping their heads off to going all wolf on their arses and killing them that way instead. Death always seemed to be involved for some reason.

        “You don’t seem convinced,” Blake replied smugly as he poked me once again and I ended up screeching a little. The guards outside of the prison blocked jumped at the noise I made.

        “Blake,” I muttered. The smile on my face didn’t help the matter though but he did raise his hands in mock innocence. The look on his face telling me that he hadn’t done anything wrong and I must be imagining things.

        “Alpha,” the two guards bowed their head as they opened the door to the cells. I smiled politely at the both of them and walked past them with Blake following in tow as he spoke to himself about something.

        He was a weird one at times but he was mine. I just took him as he came and didn’t bother to complain about it. Especially since it took us long enough to get where we are now in the first place.

        “So who is this pack member?” Blake asked.

        “If you had been listening to me instead of poking me, you would know which pack member it was,” I muttered as we took a corner. Jonah had attempted to escape not five minutes after I left the dungeon so he was now in the maximum security room we have under twenty-four hour watch. He was chained to the wall and he had been dosed with a little wolfsbane so that he was too weak to attempt another escape.

        “I would rather be poking you with something other than my fingers,” Blake muttered to himself. I simply chuckled and decided I was going ignore it before we ended up in a conversation about all the things he wanted to do to me tonight since he had taken it upon himself to ask Jayson to watch the twins – he didn’t want to see him but he would allow him around the twins.

        Something about him being the person he trusted most out of the two people who were capable of doing their jobs. But he was sure to make it clear that, just because Jayson was watching the twins for the night, that didn’t mean he had forgiven Jayson for what he had done and neither did it mean they were going to be friends again in the future.

        I was going to work on that though. I would lock the two of them in a room and refuse to let either of them out if that’s what I had to do. They had been friends since they were both four and they had been through more shit than I cared to remember together – I wasn’t going to let Blake be a fool and throw everything away for the sake of a stupid mistake Jayson made as a kid.

        Jayson may be the reason Blake’s mother is dead but it’s not like he wanted it to happen. Blake’s father didn’t exactly give Jayson a choice. It was either let the rogue onto the land or Jayson’s entire family would be murdered which would then have been followed by the death of both Blake and Jamie – just as Blake needed Jayson as a kid, Jayson needs Blake as an adult.

        “It’s Jonah. The kid you appointed Beta of Moon Shadow before we left. He attacked Jackson and was also the one who said Luca and Charlotte may not be all they seem,” I told him again.

        “Do you really think Luca is part of the plan to kill you?” Blake asked and, as much as I wanted to be able to give a definitive answer to the questions, I couldn’t because I didn’t know.

        I didn’t want to believe what Jonah was telling me. Luca had been my only friend for such a long period of time, When Link wasn’t around because he had to go to training or the rare time that he did spend with his friends, Luca was the one who kept me company and he was the one who spent more time with me than anyone else in the pack did.

        He was my best friend. He knew more about me than anyone else did. He had always kept me safe and had never done anything to put me in deliberate danger. He was everything that a best friend should be and I hated that Jonah had put the seeds of doubt in my mind over whether he was capable of being a traitor.

        “I don’t know,” I sighed as we reached the room where Jonah was now being kept. The two guards bowed their heads and greeted me through the mind link.

        “Before we go in there,” Blake said and the guard paused as he was about to open the door, “I don’t think Luca is capable of actually killing you. I might not have liked the kid to start with but he would do anything to keep you safe. And, like I told you when you first mentioned Luca, he hated James with a passion. He would have killed James himself had you not got there first.”

        “I hate myself for even entertaining the thought. But there’s a traitor in the pack who will do anything to see all four of us dead. I have to consider every possibility,” I said. I discretely wiped the tears from my eyes as I gave the guard a nod to tell him to open the door to the cell. I needed to get this done with and I needed to get it done with now before I had any further thoughts over the involvement of Luc in the plot to kill me.

        When he pulled it open, Jonah was barely awake. He looked like he hadn’t slept since he was moved into the room and the bruise around his neck wasn’t looking any better than when I left him the first time – though he did have a rather painful looking black eye to match his neck and I had been told he may also have a broken bone or two.

        I guess that’s what happened when you try to fight against my top warriors. You are never going to win because they are trained to be fierce and heartless in the face of danger. He should have simply gone quietly as they asked him to do when they recaptured him.

        “Ah. Ellie. I was beginning to wonder when you would show again. I did miss you,” Jonah laughed with a smirk.

        “Shame I don’t feel the same about you Jonah,” I said as I pulled the chair from the corner of the room and sat myself directly in front of Jonah. Blake was stood behind me with his hand on my shoulder and his stare on the prisoner.

        “Is that really any way to speak to the man who knows when and how you are going to die?” Jonah continued to laugh. I could have punched him there and then but I managed to refrain from doing so. I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction of knowing he had gotten to me and that he was playing with fire.

        “I don’t have time for your games Jonah. You are going to tell me what you know and, should you refuse to tell me what I want, you will die. It’s pretty simple really,” I shrugged.

        “Well. Ask away. There is much to tell you,” Jonah replied smugly. His eyes never moved from mine and it was obvious that there was something evil in the corner of his eye. It was the look he gave me which told me he was up to something but I wasn’t leaving this room without the answers I wanted and I would do whatever it took to get those answers.

        “Why do you want to kill my pups?” Blake asked coldly.

        “I do believe I told your mate about this. James’ son wants Ellie to suffer before he murders her. He wants her pups dead and then he also wishes to see you dead,” Jonah spoke in a bored tone as he pretended that he was looking at the dirt in his nail beds.

        “And what is the name of this asshole?” Blake growled. I could feel his grip tighten on my shoulder as he tried to keep himself under control.

        “It would be far too easy for me to tell his name. You would only go after him and kill him. And I couldn’t have that,” Jonah shrugged. His eyes moving from where I was sitting to where Blake was standing and it’s almost like he was enjoying watching Blake grow angrier with his words.

        It wasn’t going to end well for Jonah though if he continued to deliberately piss Blake off. His wolf was already on the edge from having Jayson near me and then having Jackson touching me. The slightest thing could set him off and I didn’t want to be around when his wolf came out to play.

        “What did you mean when you told me I should be careful around Luca and Charlotte?” I finally spoke up as I moved my hand over the top of Blake’s in an attempt to calm him down.

        “Did I say you couldn’t trust Luca? Must have been a slip of the tongue,” Jonah said sarcastically. He tried to throw his hands in the air but, since his wrists were chained to the wall, he didn’t get very far and only ended up making the welts on his wrists all the more obvious.

        “I am slowly losing my patience with you Jonah,” I growled angrily.

        “Slowly? My game isn’t what it used to be.”

        “Just answer the damn question. Why the fuck did you tell her to watch out for Luca and Charlotte?” Blake shouted as he moved away from me and took a step closer to Jonah’s figure. But Jonah didn’t seem in the slightest bit terrified. He simply continued to smirk and flicker his gaze between the two of us.

        I wanted to know what the hell was going through his mind and whether he had a death wish. Because, with an attitude like his, he was definitely heading towards death and it was going to be at Blake’s hands – I could sense that Blake was only just hanging onto control.

        “I am surprised that you haven’t picked up on who Charlotte actually is,” Jonah replied casually.

        “I have only ever seen the girl three times. She tends to remain with Luca and their boys,” I muttered. I didn’t even remember what she looked like so I couldn’t have picked up on who she was when I haven’t spent anywhere enough time with her – I had only been told that she was a quiet girl who preferred to remain out of sight rather than in the eye of the public.

        “Ah. Those boys. I do love spending time with them. It’s such a shame they’re not really Luca’s children though,” Jonah laughed and to say I was shocked would be an understatement. Luca loved those boys. They were everything to him and I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

        They had to be his boys. He would know if Charlotte had slept with someone else. He would feel it through the mate bond and it would hurt like a bitch. It would be like a fire burning through your entire body and there is no way he would be able to move – and I only knew that because Blake had slept with another she-male right before I found out I was pregnant with the twins.

        I still don’t know why he did it. He claims that he was drunk and that’s what I am going to believe because I don’t want to think he would willingly sleep with another female wolf while he was with me. But that’s in the past for a reason and I don’t want to think about it again.

        “What do you mean? They have to be Luca’s boys. He has never said otherwise,” I growled. I was pissed off with this guy now and he was pushing my limits.

        “Sperm injection. It’s a wonderful thing. Luca would never have known his mate was carrying another man’s children. My children,” Jonah laughed manically.

        “And why would she carry your pups? She has Luca. She doesn’t need some fool like you,” Blake remarked. His fists clenched at his side and his stance pretty much ready to jump if Jonah said something he didn’t like. Which shouldn’t take too long given that Jonah was doing all he could to piss the both of us off.

        “She doesn’t love Luca. She found Luca and was going to reject him.”

        “And why didn’t she?” Blake asked before the words could even leave my mouth.

        “She found out that he knew Ellie and she quickly realised that she could use Luca to get closer to Ellie. It took more than ten years but it’s going to be worth it,” Jonah replied and that was all it took for Blake to shift. No longer was Blake the calmer one of the two us, he was the one who was just about ready to rip Jonah’s throat out.

        Blake’s snout was millimetres away from Jonah’s neck as he snapped at his flesh, his growls filling the cold silence which had fallen over the cell. Luca was using the little strength he had left to keep Blake’s teeth away from his neck and, if there wasn’t more which I needed to know, I would have allowed him to murder Jonah right now.

        I would have watched happily as Blake ripped the flesh from his neck and he bled to death on the floor before I admired his body burning with a sense of satisfaction. But he knew more than he was telling me and he was going to tell me everything before I gave Blake the pleasure of draining his life.

        Blake. Stop. I sighed through our mind link. I didn’t want to say those words but they needed to be said and it killed me to even think them. He was the reason I doubted my best friend and he was going to be the reason I would have to watch him fall apart when he finds out the truth. Luca wasn’t going to be same when he finds out that those boys aren’t really his.

         The bastard deserves it. He is ruining Luca’s life. I could feel the anger through our bond and it was breaking me down from the inside out. He was usually the calm one who was telling me that I needed to stop. But this had really gotten to him and that hurt a lot.

        And he will pay. But he knows things. Things he has to tell me. I replied as I walked over to where his wolf was standing. I gently moved my hand to stroke him behind the ear and he moved willingly into my touch. I could feel him calming down and his wolf was practically purring with each movement of my hand. Please Blake. Trust me.

        You promise I can make him pay? I chuckled to myself and I couldn’t help but nod willingly at his request. I would be too busy making it up to Luca and finding all the ways in which I can apologise for being such an idiot.

        You can have your fun. But I will kill him. No one messes with the people I love. I happily replied. Blake moved his head and rubbed it against my leg making me giggle out loud as his fur tickled against my bare skin.

        His wolf wasn’t anything special. But I still thought he was beautiful with his grey fur. Except for his paws which were white with a couple of black spots on each of them. His blue eyes always stood out against his fur and I loved it when he looked at me with happiness. I even loved it when we used to disappear into the woods with each other and played around with our wolves like we were children again.

        “I do love seeing people happy together. It makes me think of the times I have spent with Charl,” Jonah interrupted the moment.

        Find out why Charlotte had his pups. Blake told me. I was just as eager to know the answer to that question as he was. I didn’t want to be the one to break it to Luca that his boys weren’t really his. It would break him and I was going to have to deal with that. It was going to be my turn to be there for Luca and I was going to kill Jonah when I was done with that.

        “So why did Charlotte have your pups?” I asked.

        “We were, still are, very much in love with each other. I found her living as a rogue, my mate was already dead and she didn’t have a family, so we had each other. We still do have each other and nothing is going to change that,” Jonah shrugged uncaringly.

        “That doesn’t answer my question.”

        “She doesn’t want to be with Luca and she wanted pups but she wanted them to be mine. We knew we couldn’t sleep together because Luca would know and she didn’t want him to suspect anything. So we used IVF while she was on heat and it worked. Charl told Luca she was pregnant and he accepted that it was his without any question. The idiot,” Jonah laughed. If I didn’t hate him before then I certainly hated him now and wanted to twist his neck until he was no longer breathing. I don’t even know how I refrained from doing it because he was pushing me further than anyone had pushed me before.

        I still don’t understand why Charlotte wants you dead. She doesn’t even know you. Blake’s confused tone filled my head and I looked down to see that he was looking up at me with concern. It didn’t make sense to me either but nothing about this conversation had made sense so far.

        “Who the hell is Charlotte anyway and why does she want me dead?” I dared to ask.

        “She’s your biological twin sister, Ellie. And she wants you dead because you were saved and she wasn’t.”

- WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THOSE TWO TWISTS? LUCA ISN'T THE FATHER OF CHARLOTTE'S PUPS AND CHARLOTTE IS ALSO ELLIE'S BIOLOGICAL TWIN SISTER? Please feel free to leave your hate fuealed messages below OR you could enjoy the picture of Matt Bomer AKA Luca Hind above and forget all the hate you have towards me right now..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.7K 2.1K 17
A girl on the run. An alpha of a pack. One life changing meeting. ************************************* Sapphire is a girl on the run. After finding...
288K 10K 25
Ellie Pierce has been forced to live the life of a rogue for the last ten years after her entire pack were brutally murdered by the Alpha of a rival...
1.2M 30.4K 33
On the run from her abusive pack. Ava and her best friend Val need an escape. However in so trying they come across two wolves. An Alpha and a Beta...
5M 127K 34
(Book in the process of editing) " Miss please stand in front of the class and introduce yourself.," my teacher said as she directed me where to stan...