Lucy Potter: Harry's little s...

By Lizzy_FanficFan

The loyal, stubborn, kindhearted Lucy Potter had always been an odd girl to the rest of the world. Living wit... More

Intro
Chapter 1: The Start of a Legend
Chapter 2: (Birthday) issues
Chapter 3: A Letter to a Potter
Chapter 4: Secrets & giants
Chapter 5: Vaults & Robes
Chapter 7: Saying goodbye
Chapter 8: New terrain
Chapter 9: Life changes
Chapter 10: A shocking turn of events
Chalter 11: Hey you
Chapter 12: Go on!
Chapter 13: Live with it
Chapter 14: Dursleys and strange turns
Chapter 15: Reunited
Chapter 16: A Merry Little Christmas
Chapter 17: Hardships bring frienships
Chapter 18: Reunions are the best parties
~YEAR 2 IS COMING!!!~
Chapter 1: Summer of Magic
Chapter 2: Happy birthday
Chapter 3: The Trouble with House Elfs
Chapter 4: Friends from the Start
Chapter 5: The letters
Chapter 6: The floo trip
Chapter 7: Summer's end
Chapter 8: Different ways
Chapter 9: First day's always the hardest
Chapter 10: Friends make life better
Chapter 11: The try-outs
FC's
Chapter 12: Trick or Treat!
Chapter 13: Life After Halloween
Chapter 14: Quidditch Disasters
Chapter 15: Hospital secrets
Chapter 16: Moonlight troubles
Chapter 17: The Dueling Club
Chapter 18: Distractions needed!
Chapter 19: Simply investigating!
Chapter 20: Happy Valentine
Chspter 21: Without that one friend
Chapter 22: The big reveal
Chapter 23: The basilisk's lair
Chapter 24: The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 25: The Big Reveal pt. 2
Chapter 26: Power of Friendship
YEAR 3!!!
| year 3 | Chapter 1: Family is everything
| Year 3 | Chapter 2: The Great Escape
| Year 3 | Chapter 3: A place to stay
| Year 3 | Chapter 4: Summertime (Sadness)
| Year 3 | Chapter 5: Back to school
| Year 3 | Chapter 6: What're friends for, huh?
| Year 3 | Chapter 7: The whole teaching thing
| Year 3 | Chapter 8: Daddy Issues vs. Furry Little Problems
| Year 3 | Chapter 9: The hippogriff
| Year 3 | Chapter 10: The unprofessional teacher
| Year 3 | Chapter 11: Panic Room
| Year 3 | Chapter 12: The light in dark times
| Year 3 | Chapter 13: The match
| Year 3 | Chapter 14: Halloween & Co
| Year 3 | Chapter 15: The verdict
| Year 3 | Chapter 16: The History of Sirius Black
| Year 3 | Chapter 17: The horror of betrayal
| Year 3 | Chapter 18: The darker future
|Year 3 | Chapter 19: Drinks before doom

Chapter 6: The truth

1.3K 23 5
By Lizzy_FanficFan

Lucy's POV:

When we'd left the shop and went walking around, Hagrid noticed Harry and I were very quiet.

"What're ye two thinkin' about?" He asked.

Harry and I shared a look and Harry sighed, so I decided to speak.

"What are Hufflepuf and Slytherin?" Hagrid was surprised, to say the least.

"They're Hogwarts houses. There are four of 'em and all represent a particular kind o' person, why?"

"We met this boy, who was talking about how bad Hufflepuf is," Harry said.

"He was pretty rude... a bit like Dudley, but smaller and of course, a wizard." Harry agreed with me.

"According to him, Hufflepuf was just for nutters," Harry continued. "I bet I'll be in it."

I scoffed and Hagrid got a dark look on his face.

"Hufflepuf's always better than Slytherin," he said, still wearing the dark look. "All o' the people that went bad come from Slytherin."

I frowned and looked at Harry, who seemed to take Hagrid's word for it. Isn't that a little prejudiced?

Before I could comment, however, we were standing in front of a shop called 'Ollivander's' and I got too excited to think about what Hagrid said any more.

Inside, it was dark, because there were no windows and only one faint light. At first, I thought the owner wasn't even there, but suddenly, an old-looking, odd man stood before us, wearing a strange expression.

'And people say I'm odd' I thought to myself, but I actually really liked the man's originality.

"Ah, Harry and Lucy Potter, I thought I'd see you this year," he began. "I remember exactly what kind of wands your parents had..."

He started mentioning the wands, but I was more interested in the wands piled up to the ceiling.

"Now Mr. Potter, shall we begin?" He said, motioning Harry forward. "Which one is your wand arm?"

I was confused. Wand arm? What is that?

Harry didn't seem to know either, but said he was right-handed and chose his right arm. Mr. Ollivander started measuring again, much like the lady at Madam Malkin's had.

After the measurements were done, he started handing Harry wands and every time, something broke, caught fire and fell out of its place.

Harry and I were shocked, but Ollivander seemed to enjoy everything he did.

Eventually, after many destructions, Harry had the right wand, but Ollivander acted very weird about it, saying it was "odd"

"What's so odd about it, Sir?" Harry asked.

"Well, I know every wand I ever sold... and this wand has a phoenix feather from a phoenix that has only given one other feather. It is indeed odd that the wand with the other feather is also the one to have given you that scar..."

Harry and I shared confused looks and I brgan to feel uneasy. Luckily, Hagrid must've felt it too, because he told Harry to pay and we left the shop.

~*~

Harry's POV:

I was still a bit upset after the visit at Ollivander's and Lucy was quieter than usual as well.

"Hagrid... what was Mr. Ollivander talking about back there?" I finally asked.

I thought back to the people at the pub and how they all seemed  to know us... as if we were famous... we had been so busy with Diagon Alley that we'd stopped thinking about the pub incident.

"Is whatever happened also how we're famous and-" started Lucy and I caught on halfway.

"-why our parents were 'blown up'?"

Hagrid sighed and took us back to another pub, with less people and went to a far corner.

"Yes. I knew I had ter tell yeh, I just... didn't know how or when... needed to find the right moment."

He stole a small glance towards us and started talking again.

"Harry, when you were 1 year old and Lucy, you were just 3 months old, there was a... bad man, who wanted power. He gained followers and whoever stood in his way, got killed... dark times... yeh didn't know who ter trust. On that Halloween night, he came to yer parents' house... and killed them, but Harry, when he tried to kill you, he couldn't... and no one knows why... instead, he disappeared."

"How? And where is he now?" Lucy asked.

"People say he's dead... rubbish if yeh ask me though... probably waiting for a chance ter come back, too weak..."

"But how did I do that?" I asked. I wasn't even powerful and back then, I was only a baby.

"No one knows... but somethin' 'bout yeh finished him... and he didn' get the chance to kill Lucy..."

I was shocked to say the least. What would've happened if he'd decided to kill Lucy first? Would she have died?

"But then, why am I so famous? Because I'm his sister?" Lucy asked.

"Because yeh survived. Some people think he tried ter kill both o' you, first you and then Harry. You weakenin' him and Harry finishin' him. Not everyone thinks that though..."

Today had been very eventful, to say the least.

Lucy and I were both very quiet. I tried to talk to her, but she didn't really seem to notice it at all.

We went back to Privet Drive, where we found the Dursley's were back as well. They looked beyond mad with us, but so were we this time.

Luckily, they were too scared to hit us now, so they practically ignored us, other than giving us some chores.

I didn't really mind the chores though, what was more important was that we were not going to be hurt, neither of us.

*~*

The Dursleys didn't hit us anymore, but I was still worried for Lucy. What about her?

The 31st of August came quite fast, a bit too fast.

I had to ask the Dursleys to bring me to London.

"I'll bring you," Uncle Vernon said grumpy. Lucy gaped at me surprised.

"What platform?"

I looked at the ticket and frowned.

"9 3/4..." Lucy looked over my shoulder and she gave me a questioning look.

"Don't talk nonsense to me boy," Uncle Vernon said, looking dangerous.

"It's true," Lucy said. "It really says 'platform 9 3/4.'"

Uncle Vernon ushered us to show him the ticket. Lucy took the ticket and gave the ticket to Uncle Vernon.

He frowned and threw the ticket back into Lucy's hand, who retreated and handed it back to me.

The next day, as promised, Uncle Vernon drove me and Lucy to London with Aunt Petunia and Dudley.

I got a little suspicious and I just knew Lucy did too, but I didn't dare to complain.

At King's Cross station, Uncle Vernon even put my trunk on a cart and offered to push it.

Lucy, however, found this to be too much, so she took it.

When we arrived at platform 9 and 10, Uncle Vernon turned to us.

"So... I don't see platform 9 3/4..." he said so with an innocent face, but I noticed all the malice put into it.

"I see platform 9 and platform 10, but no platform 9 3/4," he continued.

Lucy reddened, wether from embarrasment or anger I couldn't figure out. I stayed quiet.

"I'm going back, are you two coming too?"

Lucy took a step towards Uncle Vernon angrily. I tried to usher her back, but she didn't.

"Harry and I will find it, we're staying here. So you either wait or I want money to catch a bus back." It sounded really scary, though she was still very calm.

Uncle Vernon didn't budge though and turned around and left, without handing Lucy money.

"I'll figure something out, don't worry," Lucy said to me.

But what do I do now?

_____________________________________________

A/N: So, this one is not as long as the last, but I wanted to seperate it from the train ride and all and thought this was a nice ending for a chapter. Nice cliffhanger (hehe, evil me)

Hope you like it

Comment, vote, like etc.

Love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605K 16.1K 112
"Darling, Quiet. Don't want to be caught now do we?" Y/n Bardot, a troubled girl swallowed in desires, problems and potential. She craves nothing mor...
4.9K 221 41
"I've never really had a family. When you become a werewolf at age 5, not everyone is going to stay by your side. For years, I've kept my conditions...
1.9K 95 10
DISCONTINUED ON WATTPAD, IT'LL BE CONTINUED ON AO3 https://archiveofourown.org/works/35360056 The Start by gryffinshit Lucius Malfoy made a mistake. ...
290K 5.4K 80
Boys, Boys and more boys (Harry Potter fanfic) going to Hogwarts is going to be a journey full of adventure mysteries and maybe even romance ? *read...