The Originals Book l ''Just H...

PharmacistMennaEllee tarafından

I own no copyrights and i personally dedicate this individual work to Julie Plec the major author and the pri... Daha Fazla

The Originals
The Pregnant Wolf: The Dead Witch
No Wolves allowed
It's a girl
Attacking the young witch
The Harvest
Restoring the Kingdom: The Needle of Sorrows
A horrible accusation
The Key to the Kingdom
A Wolf Relative
Men World

The Vicious Treachery: A Harvest to complete "Olivia Smith"

63 3 0
PharmacistMennaEllee tarafından

Chapter Three 

The Vicious Treachery 

A Harvest to complete 

After collecting the puzzle pieces that Davina had created together and finding that they gave nothing but the ultimate drawing of the old lover, Celeste, Elijah had no clue why would a young witch like Davina draw such drawings to a witch like Celeste and the thing that was much more weird than that was what Marcel had reclaimed about those drawings and how they represented the evil in her point of view.  

So how could a witch as Celeste two hundred years ago dead bother or even concern Davina, the young girl of sixteen years old, to the point of making drawings of her. 

He had to tell his siblings about that strange matter and they had to discuss it longer and find why did that happen and what shall it indicate anyway. 

So the three of them gathered together in Elijah's room while Hayley stayed outside after she had known about it the day before when she had been in his room and after that she sent Sophie a message to tell her about it but it was all kept in secret so as to avoid Elijah knowing that she invaded his secret diaries and helped in violating the old lover tomb.  

Elijah"holding an ancient book of magic": The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them h?xa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina. 

Klaus"interrupting with his cunning smile": Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection. Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence. 

Elijah"a bit defensively": Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two hundred years. I don't understand.  

Rebekah: Evil or not. Why could Davina do that? 

Elijah: Marcel was the one who told me that for her these represented evil so where is her now? 

Klaus"pointing with his forefinger upwards": listen. He's in her room. 

Elijah began concentrating and so did both of his siblings and so they heard them by there supernatural hearing ability. 

It seemed like Marcel didn't receive a so much pleasant welcoming by Davina to her room. As Marcel entered they heard smashing sound coming from the room but they did presume that the girl hit him with hard object as he began to speak.  

Davina"shouting": Go away! 

Marcel: Come on. You got to be starving. You haven't eaten since-- 

Davina"interrupting": Since your best friend killed my best friend? 

Marcel"sadly": Davina, I'm sorry about what happened to this kid Tim. 

Davina"furious": I'm sorry you don't hate Klaus for what he did or want to make him pay. 

Marcel: He'll pay for what he did one way or the other, but right now, I just want to make peace with you. 

Davina: Why? So we can be one big happy frankenstein family? 

Klaus laughed wickedly: He'll make me pay. That's well. 

It seemed that the only clue to be found was at the hands of the one painted those sketches and she alone would know why she made them up and so they sooner concluded that their conversation was a disappointment and so if it happened and Davina was not to talk about it so they surely would need a witch to explain the whole mess.

____________________

Davina was still in the room shouting and screaming Marcel in the face and throwing things from here or there in the room to his face just by some waves from her fingers while Marcel was still standing ashamed and hopelessly trying to defend himself while still comprehended by her anger and rage towards him and accepting any kind of grudge she held against him while the Mikaelsons were still listening to them from the hall that for them it felt like they didn't need to use their supernatural abilities to hear or feel whatever she was doing because of her loud screams and shouting that covered the whole castle. 

Suddenly everything stopped. Weirdly, Davina no longer spoke and so Marcel started looking at her worried. Her face started going pale and bluish like dying and then the girl who was still on her bed started coughing hardly and badly that Marcel felt like she was giving some kind of rattle before death so he approached her to make sure she was okay and as he did the girl coughed once again but at that moment it was not just a normal cough; it was filled with dirt. The girl regurgitated dirt from her mouth without any acceptable reason on the bed. 

Marcel" with his hand on her shoulder": Davina, what's wrong? 

Davina wasn't able to speak or even breathe but the worst of all was that the whole castle seemed also weird. Everything started to rock as if a violent earthquake just struck it. All started to shake, the tables, the chairs, the windows , Klaus's paintings even the stairs to the upper rooms.  

Hayley realized that it had something to do with the witch that her tomb had been opened and violated especially with the weird drawings of Davina so she decided to tell him whatever it could cost her. 

Hayley"scared of the sudden earthquake but an urge need to speak peaked in her eyes as she stood by Elijah": Elijah, we need to take. 

Elijah: Not now.  

He gave her his hand and resumed: Come, I'll get you out.  

He quickly took her to outside of the castle as she gave him back her hand. But unfortunately it seemed no better; the whole town was quaking. 

Walls trembled vigorously, some cement flakes from the ceiling started to disintegrate and sandy grains started to rain all of them. 

Klaus expected that the girl was playing one of her games like what she had done when he had first met her in the church and how she had trembled the ground under his feet so he rushed to her room and was about to humiliate her but he was also shocked like Marcel by the sight of the strange awkward soil layering the bed underneath Davina who was literally vomiting it involuntary out of her mouth and so he comprehended that the whole matter was out of control. He heard Rebekah's sound coming from downward. 

Rebekah: what the hell is going on? 

So he hurried to the balcony to answer her. 

Klaus"not amused": Davina happened.

_______________________

After almost an hour had passed with all the destruction and torment, that had revolved not only the Mikaelsons' castle but also the whole city endangering not only vampires but every single one in the city, all stopped and Davina fainted. 

The houses that had just been quaking an hour ago as if the Biblical Apocalypse had just been happening and the roads that had been trembling as if some enormous volcano had been about to erupt their crusts in massive destruction all stopped and it looked like nothing had ever occurred except for some sandy grains that had come from the ceiling in some buildings including the castle during the magical weird attack and all just settled calm once again like magic. 

It was actually magic that had started it all and magic that also sooner terminated all of it once Davina closed her eyes and fell on her bed dizzy all was ended. 

After a few hours, the girl woke up again.  

She looked vague and pale like a ripped flower from its roots before complete ripening.  

She seemed absolutely affected by all that happened, actually she seemed the only thing that was affected by it all. 

She was cold and fatigue but also sad and lost. 

She began to open her eyes and the image was appearing so blurred for her to see who was by her side. 

All she managed to presume was that the one sitting by her side on the bed holding her hand wasn't Marcel. 

It was a long hair of a woman; a blonde hair. It was Rebekah; later did she see her face after she began to sober up and realize her features quite well. 

Rebekah"blaming in a way some how nice and caring": Hey. What kind of game do you think you're playing? I said disrupt the household, not destroy the whole city. 

Davina"bursting in tears that blushed her cheeks": I didn't do it. Not on purpose. I-- I don't know what's wrong with me. 

Rebekah: Calm down. You need to rest. 

Davina: I need help....I'm not doing it. 

The girl started groaning deeply and sooner she fainted once again. Rebekah looked highly nervous and somehow worried. Something bad was happening to the girl and to the entire city and that thing needed a serious explanation that the girl didn't even have a tiny clue to. 

________________________ 

While still by her side Rebekah heard them arguing about it in the hall especially Marcel who was blaming it all on Klaus; telling that he was the reason that all that mess had just happened and that he was the only cause of the girl's sufferings. Rebekah left the girl's side quietly so as not to awake her again and moved to the door and closed it without making a sound then she declined the stairs back to them in the hall to discuss it with them. 

Marcel"shouting Klaus in the face": YOU DID THAT. 

Klaus"playing a fool with a silly cunning smile didn't disguise some nervousness revealed in his voice": Oh yeah. I did it all and you're a saint. 

Rebekah"as she reached the ground": Keep quiet you two. I've hardly managed to keep her calm to sleep again. There is something typically weird about it. She can't control it! 

Elijah"surprised": And how do you know that?  

Rebekah: She had just told me. 

Klaus"nervousness began revealing sharper in his attitude": This is madness. How can a 16-year-old girl shake the entire French quarter? 

Marcel: I've seen her rock the church, but I've never seen anything like this. 

Klaus: How did you control her when she was in the attic? 

Marcel"humiliatingly": I didn't have to. But then, I never killed her boyfriend. 

Klaus"anxiously": Yes, yes. We've been over this part already. The point is in her present state she's useless as a tool against the witches. 

Marcel"approaching Klaus and facing him": She's not a tool. 

Klaus"turning to Elijah": Something's wrong with her. 

Elijah: She has too much power that she cannot control. That much we already knew. But why is it manifesting itself in such an aggressive manner? 

Rebekah: do what's needed to be done but you better hurry; we're running out of time in a thing that we don't even have a clue for. 

There was some kind of silence that embraced the whole place for a brief while. Elijah seemed concern and thinking deeply when suddenly he looked as if he came out with a useful idea. 

He was about to leave when Klaus stopped him to ask. 

Klaus: Where are you going? 

Elijah: This is witch business. Let's ask a witch. 

Hayley had been listening to it all and hesitating whether or not to tell about what she already knew but finally she decided that she should tell what she had; all things were running out of control. 

So she stopped Elijah who left the hall and was about to leave the whole castle. 

Hayley"somehow hesitant": You're going to see Sophie. 

Elijah"mockingly": You don't have to eavesdrop. I keep nothing from you. 

Hayley"well determinedly": Yeah, well, I don't want to keep anything from you either, and if you're going out to see Sophie, then there's something that you should know.  

She paused for a while and looked nervous that her hands seemed shaking a bit and for Elijah with his heightened senses that could be felt clearly aside from her heart that was bouncing heavily. 

Then she continued somehow feeling guilty: She called me and asked me for a favor. She promised me that she would help break the curse that Marcel put on my people in exchange for some information. And I didn't think anything of it, but then Davina started doing those pictures of Celeste-- 

Elijah"concerned": Whatever this is, you have to tell me. 

Hayley"shamefully": Sophie wanted to find Celeste's remains, so I went through your journals, and I found out where you buried her, and then I told her. I know it was stupid and it was snoopy. And I--I should have just asked you.  

Then she paused and tears started dropping from her eyes as she was looking to the ground while she was speaking about her fault but then she lift her eyes straight up towards his which appeared blankly speechless with no significant reaction to be observed. 

She continued while her face showered with tears: Please say something. Please. 

Elijah"frankly upset": She wanted to be left in peace. When a witch's remains are consecrated, that power fuels the rest of their community. Celeste did not want her remains to be found. She made me promise to bury her where she would not be found. You not only violated my privacy, you have broken my promise to her. 

Hayley"nearly sobbing with remorse": I thought they were just bones, Elijah. 

Elijah"firmly rough": If you truly believed that, why didn't you ask me where to find her? And now excuse me I must leave. 

He stepped out of the castle leaving her behind totally regretful and about to bite her nails out of shame and guilt. She was highly clear to herself that she didn't care about a dead corps she manipulated for the sake of her kind though, all that mattered to her was Elijah's response to what she had done.

_____________________

Sophie had spent all her night digging through the terrain in that weird strange dull place Elijah had chosen for Celeste to be buried in away from other witches' sights. On the other hand Hayley had tried to reach her after the puzzle thing several times but it had been of no good. She had sent her several messages and she had read none of them; she had been busy collecting the remnants of the two hundred years dead witch and as she did so she carried them to the cemetery in a knapsack over her back and as she arrived she came across Sabine who was also in the cemetery trying to do her best in order to help find Davina again.  

Sabine: Sophie, where have you been? 

Sophie"getting the sack down on the floor and starting to empty it": Short answer-- grave robbing. Stop whatever you're doing. We need to find Davina. I figured out a way to complete the harvest. 

Sabine"surprised": What? How? 

Sophie: We need an Elder to do it, right? I figured out a way how to become one. 

Sabine: Soph, you can't just become an Elder. That power has to be bestowed upon you by the other Elders, all of whom are dead. Following my logic? 

Sophie: How about follow your history? I did research. In 1742, there was a witch massacre that wiped out all the Elders, so they decided whoever consecrated the most powerful dead witch in the community became an Elder. It worked for them. 

Sabine: Teeny flaw. What powerful witch is even left for you to bury? 

Sophie put the remnants together on the floor and then she gave her an old picture of Celeste she had found among the history books she had. 

Sophie: Meet Celeste Marie-Hélène Dubois, Elijah Mikaelson's old lover. She was drowned in 1821 for being a witch. He buried her, never told anyone where. 

Sabine"astonished": So how the hell did you find her? 

Sophie"cunningly": I bribed the pregnant werewolf to read his journals, and then I dug her ass up so I could consecrate her bones and absorb her power. 

Sabine"shamefully": That's not disrespectful. 

Sophie"in a bold attitude": Yeah? Well, we only have a couple more weeks to complete the Harvest. 

Sabine: Soph, I'm aware of our deadline, but-- 

Sophie"interrupting defensively": And if we fail, the witches are done for good in this town. Our power will fade forever. Those girls sacrificed will never resurrect. My niece will never come back. If digging up some creepy old bones means I get Monique back, I don't care about anything else. 

A creepy quick movement was noticed among the place by the grave they were standing by and as they turned to look at the direction from where the sound had come, someone appeared at the other side by them. It was Elijah.  

Elijah: You don't care but I do. You're coming with me. 

Then he vamp-speeded towards Sophie before even blinking and grabbed her by the arm taking her with him and in less than a minute they vanished from the cemetery while Sabine stood motionlessly wishing that disappointing Elijah wouldn't make Sophie pay heavily back .

_______________________

Elijah arrived the castle back where his siblings where both waiting for Sophie's coming to declare exactly what was going on with the girl and if the harvest had anything to do with what she was suffering from and how to eradicate all of that and cure the girl from her illness which meant for Klaus regaining his powerful weapon against the witches who were opposing him and planning for regaining their power. But it seemed that Sophie had something more complicated and sophisticated to tell and that the whole matter wasn't that easy to resolve. 

They all gathered at one of the rooms and they started discussing the whole matter with Sophie. 

Elijah"to Sophie with crossing his arms together": So you have stolen the remains of the very person that Davina's been drawing for months. Would you care to explain this startling coincidence? 

Sophie: I can't. I didn't even know who Celeste Dubois was until I-- 

She was interrupted by a sudden earthquake like trembling event that startled her badly as the whole place was beginning to shake while none of the Mikaelsons seemed to show any surprise or even worry and with that rocking of the whole place she heard the sound of a profoundly loud groan that seemed to be heard from someone she definitely knew their voice; it was Davina's.  

But it didn't last long that time and soon it stopped and still neither worry nor surprise signs were to be seen on the faces of any of the Mikaelsons which seemed rather weird to Sophie who was shaking to the core out of surprise and fear till it all came to an end.  

Sophie"stunned": Was that Davina? 

Klaus"with a cold rough smirk": Charming little habit she's developed. 

Sophie: She was the cause of the earthquake I felt today?! 

Rebekah"coldly": Also hers. And, she's taken to vomiting dirt. 

Sophie"panicked": Oh. We have a huge problem. I thought that we had more time, but we need to complete the Harvest now. 

Klaus"somehow indifferent": Said the desperate witch, conveniently. 

Sophie"firmly": I'm serious! That earthquake you just felt is a preview of the disaster movie that is about to hit us. 

Elijah"less decent than he was always used to be": Why should we believe you? 

Sophie"worried": You've met Davina, you know her story. For months now, she's been holding all the power of the three girls sacrificed in the Harvest ritual. A force that was meant to flow through her and back into the earth. One person was never meant to hold that much power. It's tearing her apart, and it will take us down with it.

__________________________

Klaus left the castle to meet Kieran as he knew well that he was the one who had witnessed it all from the beginning and that he already had lost a nephew since the whole creepy harvest thing had just begun. 

He also had his experience with those wicked sorcerers of the quarter and how to deal with them in that predicament which gave him no chance but to let Davina sacrificed which meant for him not only losing his powerful weapon against the witches but also forsaken it to them by giving them the opportunity to replenish their power again which was a disappointment for him but on the other hand and according to Sophie if he decided not to do it and complete the harvest, the worse would be coming and tearing the whole city he had finally regained into pieces that could not be put together again. 

Klaus: We need to prepare. According to Sophie Deveraux, as Davina self-destructs, she'll cycle through four stages that represent the four elements that bound together the Harvest. 

Kieran: The earthquake? 

Klaus: Yes. Earth stage comes first. Then comes wind, and since each stage is more intense than the last, let's just say you'll blow the roof off this place. 

Kieran"stunned": what the hell is that?! 

Klaus: Then after the wind is water. Rain, flood... 

Kieran: How bad? 

Klaus"frustrated": Quite bad, actually, but that's not the worst of it. 

Klaus: The last stage is fire, and since it's the last...It will be by far the worst. But, I didn't take over this town to watch it burn to the ground. 

Kieran"terrified": You can stop this, right? 

Klaus: Yes, the thing is... you're not gonna like how.

______________________

Rebekah came to see the young girl again in her room who was laying on her bed vague and fatigue but still with her remarkable beauty shining clearly in her face to try to explain to her to what stage her illness had taken place and also try to convince her that her condition was irredeemable except for completing the harvest.  

She did know well that it would seem as if she was seducing her or doing it out of selfishness but she had to do it at any cost.  

Only she would at least be accepted to discuss the matter with the young girl; she hated Klaus, spited Elijah and mistrusted Marcel so Rebekah was the only one who had the opportunity to, at least, speak with the young girl and so she did. 

Rebekah"regretfully": As I told you, Davina. It will be of four stages and the one you passed through was the least destructive and the more it lasts the greater the devastation will be and the disaster will include the whole city. 

Davina"with tears and annoyed": so you're telling me that I have to die, aren't you? Just to live you and your brothers and consume the city again and again. No Rebekah, I will not be manipulated. 

Rebekah"guilty": Davina, the witches are the ones that need the harvest to be completed. They are also the ones to tell us about all its risks. For me and my brothers, only a stake from a specific tree can be used against us otherwise all of that is nothing to us. Look at me you'll be resurrected, they promised it. 

Davina"horrified": They're liars! They'll say anything to get what they want. Just like Marcel. Just like you! 

Rebekah"with affection": Davina, you may think that I don't care about you, but you're wrong. I know what it's like to have your life stripped away from you because of other people's bad decisions.  

She sighed and then continued with a cracked voice: How do you think I became a vampire? 

Rebekah brought a syringe out from her pocket and turned to Davina. 

Rebekah"decently": you have to calm down. 

Davina"terrified trying to move away from her but still laying on the bed unable to move": What--what is that? 

Rebekah"kindly":The more upset you become, the faster you deteriorate. I compelled up some sedative. 

The girl started kicking and screaming in refusal like a little brat refusing the bitter drug from her parent as Rebekah injected her with its needle and as she did so did her pulse which started rising up with her heart bursting vigorously in her chest and its bouncing heard well by Rebekah and as her cries and groans got higher in rebellion to accept what was happening to her, the worst of all struck the place. An intense storm started blowing the windows breaking their glass and it violently started pulling everything from its place in the room and in the whole city.  

It got higher and higher and things were blown in the air not only in the castle but in the whole town.  

Davina: No, no, no! Stop! - 

A bit by bit the girl started fainting in a sedated condition under the effect of the drug and finally she fall asleep in a deep profound slumber unaware of anything around her and as that happened everything settled once again as if it had never existed only a few minutes ago. 

Nothing left of its effect but for some things dropped on the ground in the castle or dropped broken in the streets of the city from some shops here or there throughout the whole town. 

Rebekah looked around totally stunned to observe what she had just experienced; it was getting worse. 

Davina was sleeping like a little pearl white skinned angel with a shallow breathing rate just enough to keep her alive. 

She left the room quietly so as not to wake her up again and locked the door behind and then descended the stairs and as she did she found Elijah and Sophie talking in the hall. 

Sophie"to both of them referring to the chaos that had just happened": convinced now.

______________________

The sun started to settle down and night started with its immense darkness covering the whole city which was always illuminated and glowed in lights and flames with celebrations by its people in crowds heard from every inch in the stuffed crowded city. 

But at that moment, things were altered all of a sudden. 

Silence broke through the whole town which was just a day before shaking in a vigorous earthquake that almost had rocked everything around and in the following noon the city had been struck by an immense overwhelming storm that had blown everything and crushed all around into pieces. 

That old town of the Great French Quarter was falling apart together with a young 16-year-old girl who wasn't even aware of what was happening to her as it did occur.  

Klaus observed all of that and it almost drove him insane to see everything he had just regained fall apart and vanquish just like what had happened to the whole city almost a hundred years ago while he had been forced to watch it all fall to the ground while handicapped to rescue any of it. 

He had no intention to see it happen once again in a horrible "Déja vu" at any expense. 

Kieran was opposing in at first out of sympathy he felled towards the little girl but soon just after the storm attack, he was persuaded that there was no way out of that if the harvest was not to be completed. 

Elijah, despite being annoyed by the idea, but he seemed to be placed in the corner. He as well as his brother had once seen that city almost completely ruined and turn into ashes so he was not willing to revive that cruel experience once again and so he reluctantly accepted it. 

That left the only one who was completely opposing it and willing to retaliate if anything ever harmed the little girl he cared about as if she was of his own blood. 

Marcel was willing to sacrifice everything including the city he had once helped building from the ashes back again just as not to lose his precious Davina or see anything harm her and so he decided to fight back whatever it took. 

He joined the meeting the four of them attended it in the castle together with Rebekah who had no chance but to be in line with her brothers and maybe it was her first time to be obliged to do so not out of fear from them but out of fear from a greater threat; Destruction of the whole city.  

Elijah"not amused": We sedated her too heavily. 

Klaus"with a silly smile": Well, if this is her sedated, I'd hate to see her otherwise. We all agreed that Davina must be sacrificed. There's no need to let her blow the roof off our heads in the meantime. 

He moved towards the stairs and was about to go up to her room when Marcel stopped him by blocking the way. 

Marcel"nervous": No way! You're not touching her! 

Klaus"annoyed and waving his arm in the direction of the stairs indicating that he had no offense to let him do it himself": Okay, I'll let you have that one. 

Elijah"stepped in": Marcel, no one wishes to see Davina come to harm less than I, but there is no scenario here in which we simply wait this out. She's going to die. 

Marcel"irritated and still denying it": According to Sophie, the witch who screwed over everybody here. She is lying. 

Klaus was about to respond impulsively and maybe ruin it all up when Elijah intervened again to avoid more sophistication in the condition that was already critical with anger and fury charging the air of the whole place. 

Elijah: The Harvest was working before it was stopped. If a nonbeliever like Sophie Deveraux can come to have faith that these girls will be resurrected, then I, also, am a believer. 

Marcel"hurt": I saved Davina from the Harvest, and now you want me to just hand her over? 

That time Klaus rushed up to respond while Elijah was forced not to speak and stood praying that his brother wouldn't just jeopardize it all. 

Klaus"impulsively": Do you think that I'm happy about this? If the witches complete the Harvest, not only do they regain their power, we lose our weapon against them. The earthquake I was willing to chalk up to hideous coincidence, but these winds? If Davina is not sacrificed, then every inch of earth that shook, everything blowing about now will soon be drenched in water and consumed by fire. 

Marcel"provokingly in a humiliating attitude": Oh! Now you care about the city. 

Elijah"decently to Marcel": We ought to. We built it. 

Klaus: And we all saw it burnt to the ground twice. 

Then with pointing his forefinger to him directly: I will not let that happen again. Do I make myself clear? 

Rebekah: Marcel stop it. Think a bit if that happened none of your vampires will ever last.  

Marcel rushed out of the hall crossing them all and leaving the whole castle. 

Elijah knew well his brother and how concentric his pursuits were always and would always be and so he faced him after Marcel left. 

Elijah: Not a people person, are you, Niklaus? 

Klaus"infuriated": Nonsense. I love people. Just on my way to warn a couple of prominent ones in case the weather gets out of hand. If you fancy yourself as plus diplomatique, perhaps you'd like to come along. 

Elijah: No. Soon Sophie Deveraux shall be consecrating Celeste's remains, and though her actions are reprehensible, still I should pay my respects. 

He left Klaus behind intending to meet Sophie who was preparing Celeste's remains to be consecrated for the harvest to be completed when by the door again Hayley stopped him like she had done before.  

Hayley"politely": Hey. Do you have a minute? 

Elijah"coldly": Just on my way out.  

Then reclaiming his desire to leave: May you please. 

She stepped away from his way and he crossed her indifferently and that it hurt her even more and made her feel more miserable than before but she had nothing to say but to see him leaving while she stayed behind keeping tears hardly held in her eyes about to be shed in pain.

__________________________ 

Rebekah, and despite of the new disastrous condition in the whole city that bothered both her brothers about Davina's harvest, didn't forget yet her greater mission and main concern to break free from her brother's control not for Marcel or any other one she might had loved but for herself; to feel that it was her own life which she had always lost either bounded to Klaus wherever he went and in whatever he did or daggered in the coffin of misery she spitted as a punishment for her falling in love with someone Klaus found not suiting or deserving his sister. 

So her plan depended on Thierry as a vampire that had reasonable causes to side with her and conspire against both Klaus and Marcel but she knew well that she needed more than just a vampire to depend on; a witch was also required. 

She knew well who would be the ultimate witch to help & it was Sophie. 

She went to her shop to discuss the bargain she had; she knew well that Sophie wouldn't refuse her offer given she had good intentions and a great price she would give in return. 

Rebekah: Fat lot of good that will do. 

Sophie"bothered and in rush to leave for her spells": I don't really have time to socialize. 

Rebekah"clinging her arm": Good. Neither do I. When you're done burying your witchy bits on sacred ground, are you prepared to perform the Harvest? You do realize you have to slit a girl's throat, a very sweet girl, as it turns out. 

Sophie"highly determined pushing her arm away as she spoke": If it means I get my niece Monique back, I can handle anything. Why are you really here? 

Rebekah"quietly": When all this is done, after Davina is resurrected and the witches get their power back, you'll have a decision to make. 

Sophie"folding her arms together": Enlighten me. 

Rebekah: A witch at her full power can trade body blows with a vampire punch for punch. Believe me, I know. 

Sophie: So do I. Be nice to have a fair fight for a change. 

Rebekah"with a cunning grin": Well, fair only gets you so far, love. Clever gets you further. After this, Marcel will still be here, and so will Klaus, and you know better than anyone that those two don't fight fair. You are going to need an Original on your side, and I'm gonna need a witch on mine if we're gonna stop those two from running things. 

Sophie"concerned but still unbelieving her": Am I missing something? Why would you side with me? 

Rebekah"leaving her seat": Sometimes, what's more important is not who you're siding with, but who you're siding against. I'll leave you to think about it. But remember, you better hurry. 

Then Rebekah turned her back on her and left the shop leaving Sophie thinking about it and her concern seemed great about it.

______________________

Klaus and Elijah left to discuss on good terms the whole thing happening in the town after Davina's sickness and her deterioration that was reflected on the whole city and discussing how Sophie would help end that mess while Rebekah left to meet Sophie which left Marcel alone in the castle together with two vampire guards Klaus left at the little girl's room to keep an eye on her once she waked up. 

So Marcel went to her in her room to watch over her and perhaps more; he couldn't bear the thought of delivering her back to the witches who had attempted killing her before. 

The girl was still sleeping peacefully unaware of anything taking place around her sinking in her deep slumber under the influence of the potent sedative she had taken. 

He approached her with caution so as not to wake her up and started tending to her face which looked like claimed-to-be dead snow-white's and as he did so, memories of months ago came rushing and piling up in front of his eyes as if he was reviving them once again; her screams and yearnings for help as she stood hopelessly fighting and struggling just to stay alive kicking the one who had held her still until he came and rescued her and how she looked gratefully at his eyes seeing her savior and anchor that ended all the misery she had been suffering through those ruthless rituals they wanted to complete. 

He couldn't bear it to be lived once again by the girl and for him to be the one who give her away to them to experience it again and leave them mercilessly slit her throat as he watched. 

He suddenly found himself holding the little girl in his arms and going through the doors when the two guards stopped him at the way. 

The two of them stood blocking the way out; one placing his hands in his pockets while the other stood folding his arms together. 

The one with his arms in his pockets: Hey. Klaus said not to-- 

Marcel: I'm done caring what Klaus says. 

Cautiously Marcel put his hand in his pocket and brought it out with a potion of vervain he had prepared for them and splattered it all to their faces as quickly as he hadn't ever been. 

They fell to the ground groaning and he vamp-speeded holding the girl firmly in his arms leaving the whole castle behind.

_________________________

Sophie left her shop and directed to the cemetery and as she arrived she found both Sabine and Elijah there.  

Sabine was preparing for the consecration of Celeste's remains with them all covering the ground together with some kind of fires and flames with smokes coming from them surrounding the whole remnants so as to use her powers as an elder while Elijah stood there watching it all with concern, affection and some kind of nostalgia clearly revealed on his face that she found Sabine also noticing it clearly and finding her also wondering about it. 

His face looked pale, grieved, ashamed and filled with terrible regret and remorse; he had failed his lover in not keeping her burial place safe from invaders who violated it but he also seemed obligated to accept it despite looking that much hurt profoundly by what was going on. 

Sophie also noticed that Sabine seemed to hesitate to ask about it and instead she found her offering him another option to make it easier for him.  

Sabine"guilty": You don't have to be here for this. It's gonna take some time for Sophie to prepare for her consecration. 

Elijah: I have time. I owe her this. 

Sophie noticed some kind of remarkable wonder in Sabine's eyes. 

Sabine"a bit hesitant": Care to elaborate why? 

Elijah"with a decent bitter smirk": Have you ever experienced something so profound and wonderful that when it was taken from you your life felt unbearable? 

Sabine"bitterly hurt": Yes, I have felt that, and I've got the scars to prove it. 

Sophie watched it a bit surprised by what she was hearing but still more concerned by grouping the remains together to prepare the body for soul consecration for the rituals. 

Elijah"painfully gulped": I believe that when you love someone and that person loves you in return you're uniquely vulnerable. They have a power to hurt you that's like nothing else. 

Sabine seemed weirdly affected by Elijah's words as if she truly knew what he felt as if she had experienced it all as much as he had. 

Still, Sophie despite noticing it all but showing lesser concern than Sabine; Monique's return was her greater one. 

Then Elijah's cellphone rang and it was Rebekah. 

Elijah: Rebekah. 

Rebekah"frustrated": He's taken the girl. 

Elijah"angrily": Marcel! 

As he was talking to his sister on the phone he heard Klaus's furious raged voice through it. 

Klaus: And you wanted to run off and start a life with this back-stabber!. 

Rebekah"to Elijah": Okay. We need to divide and conquer if we're gonna stand a chance. He could have gone anywhere. 

Elijah: Well, I'm here with Sabine. Perhaps we could try a locator spell? 

Klaus"to Rebekah as Elijah heard": I'll talk to the priest. They might even be at the church. It's the last place we'd think to look for them, right? 

Rebekah"to Klaus as Elijah heard": Okay. You check the church, I'll check everywhere else. 

Then to Elijah: and you Elijah, we need a locator spell.

_______________________

Klaus left the hall to the courtyard attempting to leave to see Kieran when something stopped him there.  

It was Hayley who was sobbing profoundly failing to keep her tears shed down her rosy cheeks as she seemed working on preparing some beverages and food supply and it was easy for Klaus to assume for whom she prepared them but the question that made him wonder why she was crying but he quickly recalled that she was the one to help Sophie find Celeste's corps which he anticipated was the reason of her tears depending on his awareness of how much Elijah loved that woman. 

He moved towards her intending to thwart her from leaving the castle during such horrible conditions taking place in the town especially that the third stage was about to happen according to Sophie. 

Klaus: What are you doing? 

Hayley"drying her tears": I was gonna take these to the-- 

Klaus"interrupting": If you say, "Bayou," I will find a nice comfy dungeon and throw you in it. This is not the night to be out there-- 

Hayley"taking one of the boxes she prepared and was about to cross him impulsively": --For anyone. But some people don't have a choice. 

Klaus" he considered it so he rushed towards her and held the box from her": Right. I'll take this. Grab that lot and come with me.

________________

Elijah was still with Sophie and Sabine in the cemetery. Sophie was consecrating Celeste's bones while Sabine was performing some sort of a locator spell to find Davina. 

Sophie"with her eyes closed": I consecrate these bones to the earth. Ancestors, hear me. I consecrate these bones to the earth. Ancestors, hear me. 

Elijah was watching anxiously Sophie consecrating the bones as well as Sabine performing the locator spell and after a while Sabine stopped and looked at him frustrated. 

Sabine: This isn't working. 

Elijah"disappointed": She's nowhere to be found? 

Sabine: No. It's more like she's everywhere. She's hemorrhaging magic. That means we have less time than we thought. We have got to find her. I have no clue where she is. 

Elijah"decently": Please concentrate. Try again. 

Sabine looked at him somehow desperate but then she turned back to her rituals trying again to locate Davina.

__________________________

Marcel arrived to a strange weird place he presumed could be the ultimate one to hide Davina in and it was a store locker he used to keep his vampires in when they were ever in danger as a safe place nobody could ever reach but with the spell Sabine was performing to locate her it wasn't difficult at any means to find and even grab her to the ritual reluctantly, actually it didn't matter where she was hidden while the real thing that really mattered was the involuntary diffusion of her magic that Sophie had sensed immersing the whole town like a flood that would drown them all if it wasn't stopped. 

He laid the sleeping girl down, but in no time she began waking up and restoring her consciousness a bit by bit as the drug effect finally was terminated and as she did she inclined in a sitting position and looked angrily at Marcel who was trying to explain it all to the witch who was still holding deep grudge against them all. 

Marcel"trying to approach her to make sure she was okay but he was held still badly migrained": I'm not gonna hurt you. 

Davina"angrily": I don't believe you! You want to kill me, just like everyone else. 

Marcel"defensively while still groaning in pain": I'm the one who put a protection spell on you, Davina. That's why Tim's dead and you're not.  

Davina lowered her arm which was held up as she was migraining him and as she declined it down she began to seem convinced by his words a bit by bit. 

He continued and the pain was immediately terminated: And before you throw me again, if I had known anything was gonna happen to your friend, I would have protected him, too. 

Davina"surprised": You're the one who saved me? 

Marcel"approaching her gently": Yeah, but now the witch who did the spell is in league with the rest of them, so I had to take you away. 

Davina"somehow suspicious again": So you could use me as a weapon? 

Marcel"honestly": I'm trying to keep you safe. Davina, look at me. I messed up. All this power that you have, it gave me an advantage. It helped me punish the witches, and it let me run the city, and I let that mean too much. All right? But that's over with now. One survivor to another, all I want to do is keep you alive, I swear. 

Davina"broke down in hysterical tears": I'm scared. I don't know what's wrong with me. 

Marcel"getting closer to her to the point of embracing her while sitting on the seat by her side": You're not alone. We'll fix this. 

Davina"still crying like a baby": You won't let them hurt me? 

Marcel"tending her as he touched her hair": No. Nobody's gonna touch you. 

And she seemed afraid to the point of shivering and shaking with her body just cold as ice and as she did so as did the whole city around her which was drowning in heavy rains with thunder and lighting striking the whole store locker lightening it up while it was totally gloomy only just a few moments before rain begun.

_________________

Klaus took Hayley to Kieran as he planned and in the church she was surprised by the sight of the werewolves getting shelter in it and so she assumed that the priest wasn't just an ordinary monk spending time in his prayers; he was highly aware of every bit of a supernatural event or creature that ever happened or occurred in the whole town. 

It didn't bother her a lot though as much as delivering the food and the needed stuff to her people needing it in such horrible conditions just getting worse with the sky raining heavily with thunder and lighting filling the whole town. 

Kieran"welcoming them": We still haven't gone through all that you've already provided, Klaus. 

Klaus" with an unexpectedly decent smile on his cheeks and then turned to Hayley": Well, this newest bit isn't from me. 

Kieran"gently to Hayley": Oh? That's very kind of you...? 

Hayley"to Kieran": Hayley. And these people are? 

Klaus"interrupting": I asked Father Kieran to give them shelter. He suffers from an incessant desire to do good.  

Then to Kieran as he took him aside: But now, I need you to be useful. Marcel and Davina have disappeared. I assume from the stupefied look on your face they haven't sought refuge in your attic. 

Kieran"frustrated": No. Those days are gone. 

Klaus: Then energize your resources. I don't need to remind you how important it is they be found. 

Kieran: Yes. 

Kieran left and Klaus turned again to Hayley who was tending her people and offering them food, cloth and drink. 

Hayley"to Klaus": These people, they're werewolves... And the priest, he said that you donated the food.  

Then she continued after a pause with a surprised tone of voice: You're helping them? 

Klaus: They're not your werewolves. They're my clan. From very far back. They've fallen upon hard times, and their plight has brought out the philanthropist in me. What can I say? Must be Elijah's influence. 

Hayley"still surprised": What do you mean, your clan? 

Klaus: The blood that runs in their veins runs in mine. And in our child's. 

Hayley"overwhelmed": This family gets more complicated by the second. 

Klaus"with a cunning smirk": Listen, Hayley, word of advice when dealing with Elijah? Don't do as I do. Just apologize. He's accomplished in many things, but he is a master of forgiveness. 

Then he turned his back on her and left the church while she stayed there and her face showed high degree of consideration to his words.

_________________________

Elijah was still there by Sabine who was still locating Davina in a very tedious complicated spell harder to perform unlike the one she had performed before and resulted in a great disappointment then she opened her eyes which were closed while she murmured her strange magical words performing the spell and turned to Elijah who was anxiously watching it all. 

Sabine: Okay. Okay. She's somewhere near the river. I can't be more specific. 

Elijah"somehow relieved": It's something. It's a start. 

He was about to the leave the cemetery when Sophie, who was performing the consecration at a nearby grave, stopped him, while he was still with Sabine, with a look of frustration mixed together with bewilderment on her face. 

Sophie: It didn't work. I tried to consecrate her and absorb her magic, but there's nothing there. 

Elijah"confused": I don't understand. A witch's magic is infused in her bones until consecrated. 

Sophie"puzzled": Well, then someone's already taken it, because there's nothing there. 

Elijah"disappointed": There has to be another way. 

Sabine"with frustration": There is no other way. 

Sophie"desperate": Unless you know of some super-powerful dead which whose bones were never consecrated, it's over. 

Elijah gazed in despair at both of them as they stood hopelessly looking at him and each other while thunder was still illuminating the whole cemetery in a scary strikings that never ceased to go on and suddenly his face revealed a look of realization; he had a solution. 

Elijah"with a decent grin":There is someone else actually.... our mother.

__________________________

Elijah left the cemetery with Sophie and Sabine behind waiting for the final decision; he had to discuss it with his siblings as it wasn't a decision he could take on his own. 

He arrived the castle and began telling them the terms of his plan to get his mother's bones from her coffin and consecrate them to use her power as an ancestor who could complete the harvest. 

It was a dangerous risky idea that stunned both Klaus and Rebekah especially Rebekah who saw it rather as a weapon that could be used against them later on since taking benefit of their mother's power as one of the most powerful witches in the world to replenish the power of the witches of the Quarter could turn on them later if they ever planned on using the new power on them and that would mean a great disaster for the three of them. She seemed sensible but the idea of losing the whole town and turning it in ashes if the last stage in the destruction was ever reached terrified her brothers more and so they reluctantly saw the usage of their mother's power as a safer option so as for them not to lose their own home. 

Rebekah"rolling her eyes in shock at both of her brothers in disapproval": It's taken one thousand years, but you've finally gone mad. Our own mother?! 

Elijah: Yes, our beloved mother. 

Then giving a glance at his brother: who Niklaus has affectionately placed in a coffin in his basement-- not daggered, but quite dead. 

Klaus"with an evil smirk": Well, she did try to kill us all. 

Rebekah: She tried to kill you, Klaus. She just tried to retaliate. 

Elijah"trying to dodge a probable quarrel": Well, I say we put her to use and put her to rest once and for all. Now if we bury our mother on land owned by one of her descendants, she becomes a New Orleans witch, and we, as her family, share in that ancestral magic. 

Rebekah"with a silly smile": We're vampires, Elijah. We can't practice magic. Or own property, for that matter. 

Elijah: Yes. With regard to practicing magic.. 

He wandered around the room giving a brief pause then continued: but not all of our mother's descendants are dead... 

Klaus"surprised": The baby. 

Elijah: The baby. The parish Tax Assessor's office is just steps outside of the Quarter. Hayley now holds the title to the plantation. So, if we bury our mother there, and we consecrate those grounds, we can finish the Harvest ritual. 

Klaus"jumping from his seat up in amusement": You're a bit of a mad genius, Elijah. Count me in. 

Rebekah"annoyed": Am I the only one thinking? Our mother was the most powerful witch in history. If we bury her, we hand that power to our enemies to use against us. 

Elijah"somehow considering it": Given our circumstances, I hardly see that we have a choice, Rebekah. 

Rebekah"sighed in frustration": I don't know why I bother. You two will just do what you want anyway. 

Elijah: No. Our decision must be unanimous. 

Klaus"intervened": This is not a democracy. 

Elijah"to Klaus": You're quite right. This is family.  

Then turned to Rebekah who was still sitting unable to accept it with her legs crossed in annoyance: look Rebekah water almost flooded it all. How long could you think it will take for the fire to start? 

Rebekah"reluctantly": Kill a demon today, face the devil tomorrow. Count me in. 

Klaus"highly amused by the idea of a witch daughter": Well, this is no family reunion without our mother. I'll fetch her. 

Both Rebekah and Elijah stared at each other while Klaus left to his mother's hidden coffin; Rebekah was still smelling obnoxious danger in the air.

___________________ 

The idea of losing Davina as a powerful magical weapon against Klaus disturbed Rebekah and made her plans mess up a lot so she acted a bit desperately depending only on the scrapes of faith remaining within her that led her to the belief that the girl could side by her once revived from the death and so she herself worked on finding for completing the harvest and finishing its rituals but first she had to find her; the position Sabine had located for Elijah wasn't exact enough and they were already running out of time and the rain was getting way so much heavier so they needed a way much more precise for locating Davina's place. 

And no way to find Davina was more accurate than finding Marcel himself and that left the question, who could assume where he was hidden better than a friend of his, a close friend who knew him better than anyone and would exactly anticipate where he might be hiding Davina. 

No one was better to help in that than his former closest friend, Thierry, with whom Rebekah had already before arranged the terms of her working together in return of his freedom but later on things went upside down given the conditions happening with Davina so he was her best shot to hit now in order to locate Davina thus she paid him a visit in his cement cell in Marcel's secret garden.  

Thierry"awakened from his slumber but still imprisoned" : So much for your grand schemes of using Davina for revenge. 

Rebekah"sighed": Survival first, plots to overthrow my brother second. Where would Marcel hide something precious to him? 

Thierry"suspiciously": You think I'm just gonna offer that up so you can leave me here to rot? Water runs downhill. You think I have to have drowned before to know how much that will suck? 

Rebekah"seriously": Fire kills vampires, Thierry. You think burning to ash will be pleasant? Look, I am not forsaking you. I promise to live up to my end of the deal. I'll get you out of here when all of this is done. Just tell me where Marcel would go. 

Thierry"sighed in defeat": There's only one place. 

Rebekah listened carefully, highly alerted and paying so much attention. 

Then Thierry continued: A locker we were used in hide in whenever witches thought of attacking.

______________________________

Marcel was still by Davina's side whose condition was just getting worse; cold as ice, shivering and sweating badly, barely able to speak and breathing difficultly with a heart rate hardly heard by Marcel to insure that the girl was still alive.  

He was holding and comforting her decently and kindly. His sweat touch tended her like a little baby almost made her feel better but still couldn't help improve her physically and with her condition declining the whole conditions tearing the city apart went more south than they had ever anticipated; rain were getting more intense with sharp lightening strikes threatening the worst of all the stages; Fire. 

Apart from the originals, Fire was fatal to vampires and would lead to death but that didn't bother Marcel at all.  

All that concerned him was how to keep Davina alive as long as he could until he get her out of the town safe. 

Davina"with a shallow breath": If I can just wait it out a few more weeks... Help me, please? 

Marcel"heavily shedding tears": I will, and when it's over, I'll do what I should have done-- get you out of town. 

Davina"with a bitter grin": I had a dream that Tim wasn't dead. He played a song that he wrote for me, and he kissed me, and we were just normal. 

Suddenly a crushing sound hit the place and that alerted both of them especially Marcel who started looking around highly anxious literally after he had heard another sound of a vigorous wave in the air indicating that it was a vampire lurking in the locker.  

It didn't take long before a female voice was heard at the other end of the locker; it was Rebekah's. 

Rebekah"approaching them as she vamp-speeded": That sounds like a beautiful dream. 

Marcel"roughly while standing in front of Davina protecting her": What are you doing here? 

Rebekah"ignored him and continued to Davina": But it was just a dream. 

Marcel"angrily": Get out! 

Rebekah"to Marcel": This is killing her. Your stubbornness will mean her death. 

Marcel"still shielding the girl": I promised her I'd fight for her. I'm not breaking that promise. 

Rebekah"honestly": No one is asking you not to fight. You're the only family that this girl has. You owe it to her to fight for her to live. 

Then taking a few steps to the right to face Davina who was hiding by Marcel's back in terror she continued" Believe me, Davina. We do care for you. At least me and Elijah."

_______________________

Klaus, Elijah and Kieran were by a grave in the cemetery together with the two witches; Sophie and Sabine getting ready to consecrate the body of the one witch in the coffin held to the cemetery to be buried in the grave. 

It was Esther's coffin with her corps within which had been stored by Klaus for a thousand years and carried with him wherever he had gone and now the three of her children were preparing on consecrating her soul as a new elder of the coven of New Orleans witches in order to complete the harvest. 

Rebekah came rushing to the cemetery under the strong vicious rains drowning the whole city all around holding an opened umbrella in her hand to shelter her from the heavy rains and as she did, the anxious and nervous Klaus turned to her to make sure she had solved it. 

Klaus: Did you find them? Will he bring her? 

Rebekah"bitterly": He'll bring her. 

Kieran"offering Klaus a knife": Are you ready to do this? 

Klaus"with his evil smirk on his face": Always and forever. 

And as he did so he took the knife from Kieran's hand and cut his palm and left the blood shed to drip on the closed coffin intended to be placed in the opened grave and then he handed the knife to Rebekah who also made a cut in her own palm and left the blood dripping on her mother's coffin and then she delivered the knife to Elijah to just do the same. As she did so she recognized well how much they all share the one thing they would never escape; the same blood; the one thing they all got from their mother who they were now burying, who had once cursed them to eternity and who also had got killed at the hands of her paranoid son who not only had killed her mother but also had kept that hidden from them telling that it was Mikael, her own father and his step one, was the one who had done it so he wouldn't lose them and thus they all had turned on their father and sided with Klaus.  

But she also remembered how later on it was all revealed after more than nine hundred years that it was him who killed her all at the hands of an old friend; a witch one, Olivia Smith. 

Her mind just skipped all was just happening around her and images of the nearby past started reviving itself again with all its moments and memories. 

It had been a hundred years ago, exactly in 1894, when she had first met her. 

Olivia was a red haired, green eyed, strawberry rosy faced young girl in her early twenties who Rebekah had found in her the friend that could always help and support. 

She also found in her a means to locate Mikael in order to overcome him finding them at anytime after they, she together with her brothers, had finally thought that they could settle in the safe, beautiful and enchanted city of New Orleans away from their father's grasp and free from his seeking them every now and then. 

It was their only chance to live a happy life they had always desired and craved yet Olivia had to contact her; Esther, their mother, she was the only one who Rebekah thought would be helpful in reaching his place and so Rebekah did attempt to contact her but without telling the paranoid brother of hers who she thought would feel betrayed if she ever thought of contacting her after all. 

She still the woman who did curse them, created the monsters they had become and killed her for her own rituals to suppress Klaus's hybrid nature; Tatia his and Elijah's very first true love they had never forgotten but Rebekah had never anticipated that Klaus's greatest secret would be the hugest barrier thwarting him from ever accepting the idea of she contacting her mother. 

Anyway she found it safer to do it on her own without telling Klaus and who better than her could help doing it as well as keeping it as a secret that could never be revealed. 

So she asked for her to help. And she accepted to handle it so they decided to gather together in the Mikaelson's palace and start the spell secretly without telling Klaus or Elijah. 

They sat in Rebekah's room which was kept almost dark except for the candles that were later on lit by Olivia's magic to keep the room somehow gloomy. 

Olivia: I'm gonna need something.....something for your mother. 

Rebekah"with her grasp on her necklace which she then pulled from her neck": fine, Here is her necklace. I've been having it since the day she died. 

Olivia: all you want to do is because you miss her?? Let's not play fool, Rebekah. 

Rebekah: you don't want to believe it, fine. But i need to contact her. 

Olivia"with her hand towards Rebekah": fine. Hand me the bloody necklace and it's all done. 

Rebekah"handing her the necklace": here you are. 

The necklace was a talisman she had gotten from her mother. 

And she murmured: donose du?u vlasnika ogrlice, donose du?u vlasnika ogrlice. 

And then Olivia started muttering the strange weird magical words of hers and as she did the flames of the candles began sharpening and her voice started changing into a harsh scary one that almost terrified Rebekah who was just sitting opposite to her but as she rolled her head up her eyes turned all white which startled Rebekah and made her hurry up from her place highly panicked but sooner she began to calm down again when the girl beautiful green eyes started to return back again giving her the beautiful appearance of hers although her face seemed highly stunned and hesitant.  

Olivia: NIKLAUS,,,,NIKLAUS. 

Rebekah"worried": what did she say? What did she tell you? Does she have a way for us to stop Mikael forever? 

Olivia"evilly smirked": So that's your deed, friend. 

Rebekah"getting closer face to face" : you're my friend and i don't want to treat you wrong. Mind your own business, Livia and tell me exactly WHAT DID SHE TELL YOU? 

Olivia"hesitant": the thing she told me is dangerous and for you nearly unbelievable... i...i don't think you'll believe a squat of it. 

Rebekah"furious": Livia, don't get on my nerves and hurry up. What did she say? 

Olivia"anxiously": she said nothing.... But Niklaus....Niklaus.....MURDERER. 

Rebekah: what? What did she mean? 

Olivia"frustrated": it has only one meaning, darling. The spirits always have an urge to reveal their killers. It has only one meaning, Bekka. You're brother was the one who did it. 

Rebekah"defensively": No he wouldn't. You're a liar.  

She grabbed her from the neck: your stupid games won't work on me. JUST TELL THE TRUTH. 

Olivia" migraining her with a wave from her hand": i'm telling it, you idiot. You just don't want to believe it. Fine, do whatever you want. 

Rebekah"enraged in denial": of course you're lying, you bitch. Nik didn't do it. It was Mikael. 

Olivia"folding her arms together": And how did you know it exactly? 

Rebekah: Nik was there watching the whole thing. He told me, he told all of us. 

Olivia"laughing loudly": and you believed him?! Oh Rebekah you're so naive. But believe me I assure you that it was Klaus. Think about it. She put the curse on him, made it so that he would be the only one of his kind, and then she rejected him. With the werewolf gene, comes aggression and violence... when he turned, all of that was heightened. He killed her, Rebekah. And then he made up this entire lie about your father, so that he wouldn't lose you. But you won't believe it anyway whatever I'm gonna say so okay. 

She threw the necklace handing it to her: here you are try it, sweetheart. Just close your eyes and you'll hear it yourself. 

Then Olivia started murmuring: reci joj koji je ubio vlasnika ogrlice Rebekah heard the same thing by the very same voice she had always known, her mother's. Niklaus.....Murderer. 

There, Rebekah threw the necklace and began crying. It was Rebekah's greatest shock.  

The one shock that stabbed her heart badly even harder than any other time he had ever daggered her with the silver dagger.  

Olivia"with sympathy": you've heard it now. And it proves I wasn't lying. 

Rebekah"sobbing": leave me alone please, Olivia. 

Olivia: sure. I'm sorry. 

Rebekah"angrily": i said leave me ALONE. 

Olivia"still with sympathy": fine, Rebekah. I'll see you soon. 

Rebekah was still remembering it but the worst of all came just after she recalled how she faced him by the horrible deed he had committed just after telling Elijah about it who showed no lower grief and shock after learning about it so they decided to confront him.  

They were in the palace and Klaus seemed so delighted revealing that a new clue had been found by him to get rid of Mikael. 

Klaus: Rebekah, come sweetheart i have a surprise for you. I've found a way to keep, Mi..... 

He was stunned just after he saw his mother's necklace around her neck; she hadn't worn it for centuries: what is this?! 

Rebekah"angrily": what? My mother's necklace. You've forgotten it? 

Klaus"keeping eyes away and his face revealed uneasiness as he turned his back on her": no i haven't. But i haven't seen you wearing it since..... 

Rebekah"interrupted": since you murdered her. 

Klaus"playing fool": what?! Since I've seen Mi..... 

Rebekah"enraged": stop playing fool, you bastard. 

Elijah was by the door of the room hiding and listening to it all just waiting for the ultimate opportune moment to intervene and so he did. 

Elijah "stepped in": why Niklaus? Why did you do it? 

Klaus"laughing highly with watery eyes": Why?... Why haven't you asked her while she contacted you that question? Why?!.... Why didn't you ask her that very question after she'd turned us into what we are now? Why? 

Elijah: Nik.... 

Klaus"in a lunatic attitude": stop it, Elijah, spar me your morals. And you sister, stop playing the good daughter.  

Then angrily he continued: You both are no better than me. We all are no better than one another.  

pointing to his brothers' coffins he resumed: Even them all of us are murderous. All of us are monsters. But me I'm a monster, a beast and an......animal. She did it to me. Turning me into that wild werewolf who had mauled six villagers from our home on his first full moon as a werewolf. Then cast the curse, on the very animal she had created. She didn't even show sympathy. Not even a squat about my pain. None of you did. Right, brother. 

Elijah appeared somehow ashamed showing sympathy on his face and Rebekah assumed that he had recalled well who he had helped restraining Klaus to put the hybrid curse on him. 

Rebekah: you're our brother, fool. How do you ever think that? 

Klaus"with tears in his eyes to Rebekah": ok, then. You have to know that you're also my family. All of you. I did it for you, for Elijah, even for Kol and Finn. I avenged all of us by killing her. If you want to avenge her, well then , go ahead ask her to find you a white oak tree and finish it off. But remember it well, SHE IS THE ONLY ONE TO BLAME.  

then he left the whole palace slamming its door just right behind him and later did she know that Klaus had sought her well depending on his spies just scattered across the whole Quarter till he finally found her together with all her family and despite of Rebekah's efforts just to hide her together with them, he did reach Olivia and he made her pay profoundly by killing her and her entire family.  

From that day on Rebekah knew well that she was forbidden to love or care about anyone; neither a lover nor a friend, otherwise they would just face Emil's or Olivia's destiny. It kept her guilty and she had never been able to forgive herself ever after. 

Though just after recalling all those painful memories which just kept piling up in front of her eyes, she just recognized that it was almost a century ago and that she was only attending some weird rituals to consecrate her mother's soul for the harvest and that Elijah's blood was just dripping on the coffin while Hayley was making a cut through her palm; she shared the same blood with her baby girl Mikaelson child then she also dripped her blood on the coffin and then she threw the knife in the grave in order for it to be put together with the coffin in it while still stained with their blood.  

Kieran: It's done.

____________________

Marcel was still by Davina's side unable to let her go to be slaughtered. Thus he did begin to realize a bit by bit that Davina was fading away slowly and that it was unworthy trying to make her escape her destiny; the harvest. She also began surrendering it all and confronting herself that it was meant to be whether she accepted it or not, but it had to be done and so they only had a brief good-bye chat or maybe deep down they anticipated that it might be a farewell one and that it might be their last time even to see each other again. 

Davina: Marcel, it's okay. 

Marcel"holding her tightly": No. I failed you. 

Davina"groaning": I'll die whether I do this or not. I mean, now the only option is-- is whether I take everyone with me. If you look at it that way, it's kind of selfish not to do it. 

Marcel"nearly sobbing": There has to be another way. This is not how it ends. 

Davina"bitterly": And if it is... If this is all I have, I've had a lot. I had Monique, and I had Tim, and I had someone who fought for me from the moment you met me. 

Marcel"kissing her on the forehead": Aw, Davina. 

Davina"in tears": Most people don't get that even if they live to be a hundred. Marcel, I'm ready. 

He held her between his arms warmly and then left the locker and unwillingly he directed to the cemetery.

_____________________________

Marcel arrived and the girl was hardly managing to stand on her feet to stand in front of Sophie who had just consecrated Esther's remains and absorbed her power. All attended it, Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, Sabine, Sophie and Marcel. And as the girl took her first few steps towards Sophie who was standing with the sharpened knife in her hand as the last stage started to strike the city; fire just began to burn some graves in the cemetery and so Sophie had to hurry up and complete it before it just got worse. 

Sophie: Do you believe in the harvest? 

The girl hesitated a bit seeing the sharp knife in Sophie hand and picking a glance at Marcel's face which was almost covered in tears then turned again to Sophie. 

Davina"to Sophie": I believe. 

Without even blinking, Sophie directly slit the girl's throat leaving her falling dead to the ground almost soaked in her own blood. 

Marcel immediately vamp-speeded towards the girl to hold her freely-falling body and trying to put her to a presumed-to-be temporary rest. 

Rebekah who had rolled her face aside so as to avoid seeing it happening just shed a few tears and so did Hayley who was standing in sympathy sad for the little girl. 

Elijah looked affected yet quite determined; he had no other means to save the city while Marcel looked angrily at Klaus who stood not amused yet satisfied by what had just happened and through it all Sophie took the girl from Marcel's arms and laid her to peace by the the corpses of her other three fellows who looked just exactly as her; throats slit open and eyes closed. She was just waiting for one thing to happen; Monique to be revived and so she did begin to work on it. 

Sophie"praying to her ancestors": After the Harvest comes the Reaping. Their sacrifices made and accepted. We call upon our Elders to resurrect the chosen ones. 

She looked down at the girls laying quite dead but nothing happened as ever expected; the girls were still dead and none of them yet revived. 

Sophie sighed nervously but looked determined to try it again willing for it to work. 

She continued begging: We call upon our Elders to resurrect the chosen ones...  

Still nothing happened and the girls were still dead. She began to look desperate and tears started rushing down her cheeks as she stayed hopelessly seeing nothing but the glance of four already dead young girls. 

She continued devastated in tears: Resurrect your chosen ones... Please? I beg... 

She finally realized that it was over and that the girls were never revived by any means. 

She started sobbing and crying and then Marcel again held Davina in his hand while Sophie held Monique's hand in hers. 

Sophie"sobbing and crying": No! 

Marcel gave the glance of hatred mixed together with accusation to Klaus who was standing still and then he vamp-speeded out of the cemetery while Sophie stayed there mourning her niece who would never come back.

____________________

Marcel returned back to the castle. His devastation led him to start crushing, breaking and destroying everything in the whole place. 

He felt that he was just trying to tell Klaus that his kingdom was not worthy sacrificing an innocent sweat young girl. 

He was hysterically shouting and screaming in the whole castle and suddenly Klaus stepped in to find Marcel turning at him enraged and infuriated. 

He punched him in the face and Klaus stood still trying to comfort him and tell that he comprehended his sadness and grief.  

He had felt it before, maybe Marcel never knew, but he indeed had suffered it all before when he had left the whole town behind totally devastated thinking that he had lost Marcel in the town which was burning down into ashes, assuming that the one boy he had once raised and treated like a son had forever gone in the fire. 

Klaus"with sympathy": That won't bring her back, you know. 

Marcel"irritated": This is YOUR fault! I should have never let you anywhere near her! 

Klaus"somehow hurt": Marcel. 

Marcel"shouting": This city was fine before you came. We were fine! Davina was safe, she was in control! If you hadn't gotten her worked up, if you hadn't killed that boy! 

Klaus"comforting him": My condolences the girl is gone. But don't lose perspective. We still have our community. The vampires of this town... 

Marcel"angrily": I don't CARE about the vampires! She is dead! Do you hear me?! 

Klaus approached Marcel and hugged him and he started to sob like a little boy crying while embraced by his father. 

He became again that little boy Klaus had once adopted and raised up, taught how to survive and how to stand up for his fears.  

He held him close to tell him that he understand how much he was suffering. His sufferings were never new for him. He had mourned him before thinking he had been dead.  

Klaus: I'm sorry. You may think I know nothing of your grief, but you are wrong. In the days after I fled this city, I thought you were dead. It was years before I could speak your name, so keenly did I feel that loss. I'm sorry.  

He whispered it in his ears nicely and kindly: I'm sorry. 

Marcel gave in to his griefs and sobbed more and more while Klaus stood by his side devastated by seeing him agonized that much and even a bit guilty for the part he had played in letting the girl die just after he learned how much he cared for her.

______________________

Hayley left the cemetery together with Elijah. Rebekah felt that she had to leave and let them speak privately. 

Hayley appeared nervous, anxious and a bit hesitant, she pulled herself together and stopped him; she had to apologize. 

Hayley: Are you ready to forgive me yet? 

Elijah"sighed": It's not that easy, Hayley. 

Hayley"guilty": Elijah, I was wrong to go through your journals, I was wrong to tell Sophie about Celeste, but after everything that happened today, I don't know why we can't see past this. 

Elijah"hurt": And you of all people should know why. During my fever in the Bayou, you were inside my mind. You know what Celeste means to me. 

Hayley"a bit jealous": yes I know. 

Elijah: No, you don't. Do you have any idea how rare love is? In a thousand years, I have found it but twice, and when I have, I have honored it. 

Hayley"with a tear shed on her cheek": I know what a promise means to you, Elijah, but you made it two hundred years ago. I live in the now. If I feel something, I act. If I want something, I take it. I won't choose the dead over the living, so why are you? 

She seemed more determined when it came to the idea of saving her people and that was why she called them "the living". 

He approached her and his eyes still filled with sorrow and blame and she also approached him with guilt filling her teary eyes yet quite determined that it was the only means to save her own.  

They got closer and their breaths seemed to cross, their lips got closer than they had ever gotten before and time paused around for a while, everything just ceased to exist. 

Elijah seemed to recognize that it would be more than twice. Their hearts beat faster than ever but it didn't last long; sooner they stepped back and Hayley looked embarrassed yet confident. 

Hayley: I'm sorry, Elijah. I had to save my people.  

She left him in the middle of the street and he stood confused and puzzled. He couldn't understand what she really meant for him. He couldn't just shake her away. 

______________________ 

Rebekah arrived home and she started talking to Klaus wondering about only one thing that really puzzled yet bothered and worried her.  

So she had to share her worries with her brother or perhaps share the shred of worry that could be shared with him; some secrets needed to stay buried; he had always taught her so. 

Klaus"unsatisfied": This whole thing was doomed from the start, you know? Yes, we saved the city, and I'm not complaining about the witches losing their power, but this did not go down the way I thought it would. You surprised me, though. You were quite resourceful today. How did you find them down at the docks? 

Rebekah"smirked cunningly": You're not the only one with clever little spies in the quarter, Nik. 

Klaus"somehow suspicious": Sometimes I think I don't give you your due, little sister. 

Rebekah"sadly": I knew Elijah's plan was mad, but I really thought it would work. 

Klaus: So did I. I was sure Davina would survive. There was so much life in her. 

Rebekah"concerned": What about the power? Four were supposed to rise, and none did. Where did all that power go? 

Esther Mikaelson was one of the most powerful witches in all of history and her power could not only replenish the whole city but also resume for centuries. The power was meant to restore the girls but none of them revived!

_________________________

A dark witch was casting some weird spell. She was in the cemetery holding a tiny little cotton puppet in her hand with a throat literally slit like the girls in the harvest and blood-like red liquid coming out of it.  

She rested it side by side with three other puppets just identical to it; cottony and tiny with throats slit and red-liquid oozing from their necks. 

As she did so she was muttering some strange magical words. It was a kind of dark magic that shook the whole cemetery that was empty and having none but her; Sabine. 

A few moments later three witches were wandering in the streets of the city and the three of them just gathered in one place in the middle of the city as if they had been summoned. They were actually summoned and revived back from the dead. 

One was a blonde beautiful lady in her early thirties, the other was an old female sorcerer in her fifties and the third was a dark African American man in his mid thirties. 

All three of them came to the same spot like ghosts summoned from their graves except that they weren't just ghosts they were real in flesh and blood and Sabine finally met them all with an evil smirk on her face. 

The blonde witch"confused to the dark man": Why are we here? 

The dark man: Someone brought us forth. Who? 

Sabine: I did. 

The old witch: Sabine! What's the meaning of this? 

Sabine"to the old witch": Bastianna, I completed the harvest for you that bloody one you died while performing as an elder. 

Bastianna smiled back in approval and pleasure. 

Sabine continued to the three of them: I've had to endure people calling me "Sabine" for almost a year now. I'd appreciate it if you'd call me by my real name-- Celeste. 

________________________

To be Continued.......

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

934K 24.7K 61
Vivienne didn't believe in vampires until she started to suspect her prince might be one. Which will she sacrifice - humanity or love? ...