It was an Accident

By Mistressdemalchance

Ladybug had been doing her nightly patrol when she passed by the Agreste mansion. She had stopped in a nearby... More

It was an Accident
The Cat's out of the Bag
Scaredy Cat
Intrusive Thoughts
You're Joking, Right?
I'm Sorry
Facing the Beast
Your Life
Our Life
Unfortunate New Life
New Family

It's You and Me Against the World

2.7K 56 67
By Mistressdemalchance

"I'm going to go see her," Adrien sat up.

.

"I'm going to go see him," she got up.

.

"Right now?" Plagg groaned.

.

"Really?" Tikki asked, surprised.

.

"Yes, Plagg, now. She avoids me at school, and now she's going to avoid Chat Noir. My only option is to go to her directly, now c'mon."

He called out his transformation before leaving through his window. They had just finished patrol, so she'd most likely be at home.

.

"Y-yes, if I wait any longer, I'll chicken out again," she mumbled. She called out her transformation. It was late, so Adrien had to be home.

She climbed up to her balcony. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself down before hesitantly making her way over to Adrien's.

She got about halfway there before she stopped at a random secluded park. She looked down to see her hands shaking. She sat down at a nearby bench and let go of her transformation.

How the hell was she going to do this?

Just walk in there and say, oh, hi Adrien! Remember how we hooked up a few weeks ago? Well, I'm pregnant now. Oh, and remember your very-good-friend Marinette that's also pregnant? Well, that's me! I've been avoiding you the whole time out of shame and guilt!

She wasn't able to hold herself together when telling Chat; how was she going to tell Adrien? She felt her chest tighten. It suddenly felt hard to breathe.

"Marinette?"

She quickly turned her head to see Adrien standing there, looking at her with a curious gaze.

He'd spotted her making her way to the bench with his night vision. He wasn't sure of how to approach her at first. He figured that it wouldn't make much sense to approach her as Chat. By the looks of it, it seems like she was on her way to go see Adrien.

"A-Adrien?" her eyes widened. "What are you doing here?"

"Looking for you," he replied, a soft smile on his face.

"M-me? W-why?" she stuttered out nervously.

"I want to talk to you," he replied.

This is it, she thought, this is my chance.

Marinette stood up, "Actually, I need to talk to you too."

Marinette internally patted herself on the back for saying that without stuttering or mixing up her words. If only it could stay that way.

"Don't stand up, let's just sit down, ok?" he gestured to the bench. His buginette was skittish and accident-prone, so it was probably best for her to sit down with this type of conversation. He felt fine before leaving the house, but hearing her say she wanted to talk to him made him a little excited and anxious at the same time.

"Oh, o-ok," she sat down, her cheeks turning pink as he sat down next to her.

"Wh-what did you want to talk about?" she asked nervously. She could feel her heart rate speed up and her hands shake again. Adrien noticed. He took her hands in his and gave them a gentle squeeze. Marinette felt like she was going to pass out.

"Are you ok?" he asked. Marinette just nodded.

"Are you nervous about what you're going to say?"

She nodded again.

"You can go first if you want. Just get it over with, you know?"

That didn't sound too bad. It was like ripping a bandaid, right? Just get it over with. The more she stalled, the more nervous she'd get.

Marinette took a few deep breaths to calm herself down, "Ok, y-yeah. I'll go first."

Adrien looked at her almost expectantly. It didn't calm her nerves.

"I-I don't know where to begin," she spoke quietly.

He gave her a reassuring squeeze. It made her feel worse.

"So you know I'm..."

"Pregnant," he finished for her. She nodded, looking past him. She felt too nervous to make eye contact.

"W-well," she could feel the tears forming in the corners of her eyes, "it's yours because I'm Ladybug! I know that's probably hard to believe but I am, and I am so so so sorry. I tricked you and you probably think I'm gross and don't want anything to do with me or the baby now! I'm so sorry Adrien. You're probably mad at me now but it's your baby and I had to tell you about it! I feel like such a terrible person."

Adrien blinked in surprise. She spoke quickly, to the point he almost didn't even hear half of what she said. It didn't help that she only made it halfway through before bursting into tears. She pulled her hands away, hiding her face in shame.

"I'm so sorry," she cried. "I've been lying to you."

She expected him to say something. To get mad. To tell her that no, he doesn't want anything to do with her or the baby now. But that didn't happen.

Adrien reached forward and gently pulled her hands away from her face.

"Mari, look at me," he said softly. She hesitantly looked up at him, sniffling. He didn't look angry or upset; he looked calm.

"I've been lying too."

"Wh-what?" she asked, confused.

He let go of one of her hands, lifting his right hand to show off his ring. Chat Noir's ring. He had his signature Chat Noir smile on his face.

Marinette's eyes widened when she realized what she was looking at. She pulled away from him and stood up. She got up too quickly, stumbling over her own feet. Adrien reacted quickly, getting up and grabbing her by the waist before she could hit the ground.

She blushed as he pulled her close to his chest.

"You need to be careful, buginette," he spoke, his hands moving from her waist to her back.

"Y-you're..." she barely managed to stutter out.

"Chat Noir, the one and only, princess," he grinned.

Marinette felt like she was going to pass out again. Meanwhile, he looked happy.

Wait, happy?

Marinette frowned, "H-how come you're so calm?! I just said I was Ladybug! And you're Chat Noir! It's your baby! Oh my gosh, I'm pregnant with Chat Noir's baby." She began to freak out again. She felt the urge to run away, but Adrien held her still.

"Because I already knew," he replied, still grinning.

"What?! H-how?!"

"You told Chat Noir you were pregnant, so I knew from the beginning Ladybug's baby was mine. I figured out that you were Ladybug earlier after patrol today. I had my suspicions about it, though."

Marinette could only stare at him with wide eyes.

"Now, before you jump to any conclusions, hear me out first. I told you before, and I'll say it again; whatever you decide, I'm here for you. I'll be right next to you every step of the way, no matter which path you choose."

He let go of her and reached to cup her face with both hands. "It's you and me against the world, bugaboo. I love you."

Marinette's bottom lip began to tremble, and tears started rolling down her cheeks. He was too good to her. She didn't deserve him. She buried her face in his chest, too ashamed to let him see her cry again. How many times had she cried today? It felt like a lot.

She felt so guilty. She felt so selfish for wanting to keep the baby.

Adrien wrapped his arms around her, giving her a gentle squeeze.

"It's ok, Marinette," he kissed the top of her head. "You don't have to decide anything right this moment. We still have some ti-"

"I want to keep it," she blurted out.

Adrien pulled back in surprise, but she kept her face buried in his chest.

"R-really?" he asked. He could feel his heart thumping against his chest.

She nodded against his chest. Adrien smiled.

"Is it bad that I was kind of hoping you'd say that?"

Marinette finally looked up at him, "Wait, seriously?"

He nodded, a soft blush on his cheeks, "I'd be lying if I said I didn't get excited when I found out you were pregnant. I've always wanted kids, and to find out that that could happen with the love of my life, well, it made me happy.

"N-not that I wouldn't have supported you if you chose otherwise," he added quickly at the end.

Marinette wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. She felt relief. He said she was the love of his life! He wanted to have the baby with her!

Adrien hugged back, burying his face in the crook of her neck.

"I love you so much, kitty," she smiled.

He pulled back, looking down at her in surprise. "You do?" he asked, wide-eyed.

She giggled, "Yes, Chaton."

He grinned.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked.

"Yes," she blushed.

Adrien leaned down, capturing her lips in a soft kiss. Marinette eagerly kissed back.

Maybe things weren't so bad after all.

~~~~~~~~~~

She's speaking really fast when she reveals herself to Adrien, but I didn't want to put the words together in an unreadable mess so I just italicized it lol

I was honestly considering ending the story here, kind of in a happy open-ending, but then I wrote the outline for telling Gabriel oops

Let me know what you guys think! I love reading your comments!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Jump By Kailyrnew

Fanfiction

2.2M 65.1K 16
"Mari, don't you dare--" Ayla warned. That was about when she jumped off the roof. A Marichat fanfiction, possible other shippings. PG13 Rating.
66.1K 973 17
Deku is a little. He lives with his two careres and lovers, Katsuki Bakugou and Shoto Todoroki. As a little Deku has his ups and downs. This is his s...
148K 8K 50
Do dead people come back to life? And if yes, do they come back with new family? And what happens when they resurrect and they can't remember those w...
36.9K 1K 41
After the trip to New York Adrien finds himself confused about his feelings. Marinette in the other hand finds herself more confident and decides to...