ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴀ sʜᴏᴛ. (ᴄᴀᴍɪʟᴏ ᴍ.)

By cochorei_

"I don't think that you have a chance with her, hermano." "It's worth a shot." "She's literally older than yo... More

[ ☘︎ ]
00
01
02
03
04
05
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
[☘︎]

06

9.4K 445 412
By cochorei_

"Oh dios mio, you heard me! Thank you, thank you!" Camilo sighed in relief, practically kneeling on the floor when he saw Dolores stepped inside his room.

Unamused, Dolores walked over and kicked his shin.

"Mami's planning to make you marry Y/n." She glared at her little brother who smiled at her statement.

"Really? That means they approved of her!" Camilo looked up and ignored the pain in his shin.

Happiness and anticipation can be seen on her little brother's hazel eyes yet, she doesn't seem too fond of that look.

"I don't think you have a chance with her, hermano." Dolores stated bluntly.

It's better to let him know sooner than later. She mused in her mind.

Camilo's mood dropped drastically when he heard that as he uttered a quiet, "Why?"

"She's literally older than you, I don't know why mami and papi think that this is okay with her." The young woman sighed softly.

Camilo's lips formed a straight line, all the gears in his head turning and fumbling at the most important information he just heard.

"It's worth a shot."

Dolores shook her head, patting her little brother's cheek. "Don't even try, she obviously don't have any interest on you."

Bang.

A painful bullet of reality hit him in the chest, the thought of you not liking him even just a little bit surely left a bitter taste in his mouth.

"She's not interested in someone younger than her."

Bang.

Another bullet in the chest.

"She always told me how her lover should be a kind and normal person, but you're far from normal.. And obviously not kind as well." Dolores stated, face blank but a playful look in her eyes.

Bang.

Bang.

Two bullets was shot on Camilo's chest.

Dolores swear that she just heard Camilo's heart broke into many pieces.

"Can you at least help me?" He asked with furrowed brows, looking up and giving his sister a pleading look.

Dolores shook her head, turning around and grabbing a hold the doorknob.

"If you want to make her fall in love then you gotta do it your way." Dolores said.

"Besides, I'm sure that she'll like you if you put enough effort for her." After stating her opinion and advice, Dolores walked out of his bedroom.

Leaving him hopeless on the floor.

• • • • • [ ☘︎ ]

The next day quickly came for the people of Encanto.

Camilo couldn't sleep properly last night because of what Dolores said.

"She obviously don't have any interest on you."

He sighed softly and caress his head down to his freckled face.

"What am I gonna do?" He mumbled.

"She's not interested on someone who's younger than her."

He grumbled and stood up. His sister's painful words engraved on his brain as he started to fix himself for the day.

He knew that her words are true, considering that she's your best friend so it must be true.

He also knew that when it comes to these things, his sister wouldn't lie about something you like.

I mean, come on, we're talking about love here.

"She always tell me how her lover should be a kind and normal person."

He groaned, frustration starting to build up.

Camilo opened the door of his bedroom and he heard the tiles clapped against the wall.

"Yes, yes, Casita. I know that I'm a bit late for breakfast." The boy muttered and closed his door.

He made his way to the staircase and went down to go to the kitchen.

"You're far from normal.. And obviously not kind."

He knew himself that he's a prankster, he also know that he's not that kind considering how he would get mad, annoyed, sad and envy about the people around him.

His brows furrowed when he heard his sister's voice in his mind again, he went straight on his chair and took a seat while waving timidly towards his parents.

He heard Dolores hummed beside him but he didn't bat an eye on her and just proceed to take his own meal.

The breakfast of Madrigals went by quite fast because of a certain upset shape shifter.

The adults were worried, but they let the teen be as they scurried off to do their own tasks on the busy town.

You tilted your head when you felt a drop of water against your skin then you looked up.

Seeing the dark skies and dark clouds, you hurriedly go to the library where your destination are.

"Hola, Y/n, did you get drench?" Señora Rosalita, the librarian, asked you with a hushed tone as you stepped inside the library.

You shook your head and smile at her, "I'm fine, Señora. Just got a little wet but nothing serious."

You brushed your hair, feeling it a little damped but you continued on inside the small room.

Señora Rosa gave you a smile before sliding your favorite book across the table. "I saved this copy for you, hija."

Your eyes widened with delight and your hands grabbed ahold a piece of candy on the pocket of your skirt before giving it the kind old lady infront of you.

"Gracias, Señora." You mumbled and then you took the book off the table.

The librarian could only smile at your retreating figure as you walked further inside the library.

The Señora turned her attention on the new person that went inside the library, only to see Camilo Madrigal.

"Hello, Camilo. Here to get Dolores a new book?" The old lady asked with a teasing grin.

The teen blinked, he was sure that he saw your blury figure through the window that's why he immediately went inside.

But he didn't see you anywhere when he stepped inside the library.

"Huh- oh, yes.." Camilo stumbled slightly as he made his way through the front desk.

He sure feel embarrassed now, but no one has to know about that.

"What was she reading last time?" The old lady asked while turning around to check the latest note that was left by her favorite customers.

"I think Dolores would like to read (Favorite book.) since she was excited to borrow it from me last week." Hearing your angelic voice from behind him scared him to death.

He accidentally shifted to you, to his sister, the librarian and then back to himself out of shock.

Amused at his reaction, you smiled and patted his head like how you would do to a sulking child.

"You alright, Camilo?" You mused and chuckled when he shy away from your hand.

Camilo nodded his head turned to the Señora behind the desk, only to find her giving him a look that he knows all too well.

"Unfortunately, the last copy of that book was sold out." She looked at you. "But, she has one copy."

You shook your head but nonetheless, you held out the book towards the teen beside you.

Camilo looked up in surprise, that was your favorite book, wasn't it? If it is, why would you carelessly give it away?

"Give this to Dolores, tell her that we picked it for her as a gift." You took his hand and put the book in his hold since he wouldn't take it willingly.

You gave him one last gentle pat on the head before walking out of the library, light sound of your shoes clicking against the floor echoed slightly.

Ah, Camilo looked down at the book. Of course, they're that close to each other.

He couldn't help but feel envious.

Not of you, but he felt so envious towards his own sister.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 154 13
Y/n is a normal, kind sweet teenager who gets terrible treatment from her father because she loves the Madrigals and has a crush on one of them. Her...
374K 16.1K 60
"The two of you would be perfect for each other." - [ ✧ ] "Yes, Abuela.." "Of course, Señora." In which two teens got arranged to marry a stranger...
22.5K 704 13
Camilo x reader In which modern!femreader was forced to go abroad with her family (despite wanting to stay at home) to see the Casa De Madrigal. At s...
5.8K 111 14
(Camilo x F!Reader) Camilo Madrigal thought he had met every single person who lived in town- until he ran into you. After bonding with you, slowly b...