ELVEN | K.TH

By Kuribee126

The forests behind Rinei's home hold rumors of beautiful creatures. Many have gone in to find them, but none... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62: ENDING

12

1.1K 105 18
By Kuribee126

TAEHYUNG

I'd gotten hit harder than I expected.

My fingers come away red as I touch the line of my dark brown hair. While my magic controlled the mind, Jaerim's dealt with the body. And his magic was powerful.

Every step I take is weaker and dizzier than the last.

"Your Highness!"

A hand suddenly wraps around my shoulder, pulling back. And I instinctively reach for the knife against my thigh, the handle cold between my fingertips.

I blink, trying to clear my blurring vision.

Who...?

"Taehyung! It's Jimin."

The knife slips from my fingers. And I recognize Jimin's blonde locks the same time I hear his shocked voice, his eyes wide in my direction.

"What in the—what happened?"

He grips my arm, wrapping it around his neck. My body sways heavily into his. I can feel the heat of the blood trickle down my back— and when I speak, my voice is barely audible.

"He...used magic."

There's a sharp breath.

"What?"

"Father was there." I say faintly. "I don't know why. He was watching, and Jaerim didn't want to show him his weakness. He used magic on me."

I can feel him shifting my hair to the side. The strands are all matted with blood, the blood turning the shade of my hair even darker.

He curses.

"It's bad. How hard did he hit you? He's absolutely out of his mind— using his magic. It could've killed you. It could've killed him."

I don't have the strength to nod. But then I remember something, a blurred image passing through my thoughts.

"I need to go."

He jerks me back when I turn towards the Forest.

"Excuse me? What? You're not going anywhere except for your room."

"I need to go to her."

Jimin makes a stunned noise. "Like this? You're hurt, Taehyung. You won't even make it half the way there."

It doesn't matter. I needed to see her. All I can think about is her through my cloudy mind, and I don't even know why. I just want to see Rinei, so badly it hurts. I want to touch her heart-shaped face and bask in her glowing smile.

Then I remember. I remember why.

"I have to tell her I didn't mean to leave her."

"She'll understand!" Jimin hisses, still gripping my shoulders. "I can't let you go. I won't. Not when you're like this, are you serious?"

What if she thought I left her for the wrong reasons? I couldn't bear to let her— let her think that I...

"She'll understand." My guard repeats, voice firm and final.

"Now go recover, prince. I really don't want to have to force you into bed, like some child."

________________________________

JUNGKOOK

The flowers that the elf had brought were working.

Father's fever had gone down. And mother had finally fallen asleep in a long while, right next to him. I'd just closed the door to their room.

It's getting late.

After checking that Rinei is in her room, I make my way out the back door. My thoughts are on that elf from before— the one who'd brought the flowers.

The one who'd told me he courted my sister.

My eyes blink.

How in the world had my sister managed to attract the attention of an elf? She was—

Then I nearly scream as I open the door.

A dark figure is standing right there. Right in front of the porch.

My eyes widen at the pale blonde hair, blowing in the night breeze.

"You."

It was her. She watches me silently, her sapphire eyes glittering calmly. She's wearing the cloak from last time, same hood over her head.

She tilts her head the slightest degree.

"Why are you here? How'd you know where I live?" I exclaim, firing rapid questions at her. My hand's clutched over my heart, still beating wildly from the jumpscare she'd given me.

"Do you have any idea how much you scared me?"

Her eyes are unblinking.

Why isn't she saying anything? It was giving me chills— how emotionless she looked. She looked like some ice princess.

Trying to avoid her gaze, my eyes land on her ankle instead.

Wait.

"You didn't change the bandages?" I exclaim, my mouth dropping open. "What I did for you was temporary! It's been days!"

"I know." She replies, looking up at me.

"I came to get it changed."

...what?

My eyes narrow at her. "I'm not your personal healer. That was just one time, you know."

"But this is the last time. Last as in the final.
Understand?"

I shuffle back inside the house before I even see her nod. Then I rummage around the kitchen cabinets, pulling out a roll of bandages, one of the leftover tubes of salve, and an apple.

"Why an apple?"

"I'm hungry." I mumble, clamping my mouth around the fruit as I tap the spot on the porch next to me. She comes and sits, shifting her cloak behind her.

"Again, I'm not your personal healer. I'm not even one in the first place." I say, chewing. Then I start unwrapping the bandages from before.

"I'm aware." She replies. "Kian just asks too many questions. And I'm sure he'll tell my father."

Kian?

"Why do you want to hide this from your father?"

"Because he will ask too many questions as well."

I give her a glance, before looking back down. My eyes widen.

The wound is nearly healed underneath. And I can't hide the surprise, just staring at the mending scar with a stunned look.

It had been so much worse last time.

It should not have— could not have healed this fast.

"Something wrong?" She asks. And I meet her eyes, glittering like jewels in the dark.

I shake my head.

"...no." I say, taking another bite of the apple as I rewrap the healing wound. Honestly, she didn't even need the salve.

"So why do you want to hide this from your father?"

"You already asked that question."

...did I?

Oh. She had.

"The answer you gave wasn't good enough." I say, a little embarrassed. "Parents ask questions. That's what they do, because they worry."

"Then you are lucky, to have one that does."

My eyes flash up at her.

This time, she isn't looking at me. She's looking at the Elven Forests, the blue in her eyes rippling. Her hood has slightly fallen backwards, without her noticing. I can see her ear.

And I also see the tip.

She's an elf.

...Why am I not surprised?

"Done." I say. "I think it's going to be gone soon, though. You can take the bandages off tomorrow."

"Thank you, human."

Yeah. Definitely not surprised.

She shifts off the porch, her footsteps so light against the ground that they barely make a noise. Her hands clasp together, and I hear her take a deep breath.

It echoes within the wind.

And I'm mesmerized. How could I not have guessed earlier? She held an aura of the Forest, belonged in it. Her presence itself was magical.

A ghost of a smile passes on her lips.

"I'm sorry for taking up your time." She says, not looking sorry at all. "Go back inside. You don't have to see me off. I will be fine by myself."

A low flush colors my cheeks.

"Who said anyone was going to see you off?"

Her quiet laughter echoes in my ears as I gather up the things in a pile against my chest, turning around jerkily to storm inside. The door clicks shut behind me.

But I catch a whisper in the breeze, just before the door closes completely.

"I will have you. No one else shall."

...uh?

My eyes peer out the window. But she's gone, as if she'd become one with the wind. And I turn back around, rubbing my eyes sleepily.

I better get some sleep. I was hearing things now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 84 21
"Y/n was a little girl..afraid of the big wide world..she grew up within her castle walls..now and then she tried to run, ending on the night with a...
11.1K 895 16
A story of a woman who's been through a lot and always hoped that hiding her wounds behind a smile would bring her relief. As her wounds get too deep...
575 29 28
We don't meet people by accidentally. They meant to across our path for a REASON. Jimin, A fairy, comes to guide Y/N in her life to get a better futu...
178K 11.9K 70
"Aren't Vampires and Fairies allowed to be friends?" I asked. Tae nodded, "of course they can be. But romantically, no. It's inevitable that the Vamp...