Silver Lining

By RUNA_HADES

Secret Organization. White Star. Sealed God. They are all gone now. Peace has come again to the Western and E... More

Hotteok?
Nostalgia
Team Leader
Promise
Her
Our Past
Our Past II
Our Past III
Raisa
Raisa II
Raisa III
Jung Yeon Hwa
How Peaceful
God of Death
Cherished One
Forgotten
You Are Not Alone
Silver and Black
Little One
How Did You Know?
HIATUS
QnA Part 1
QnA Part 2
QnA Part 3
Deja Vu
The Present
Festival
Festival III
Memories
The Butler and The Chef
The Lady
Archmage
The Rose, The Lights & The Darkness
HIATUS 2
Special AU Part 1
Special AU Part 2
Special AU Part 3
Special AU Part 4
Side Story
Invitation
New Moonlight
Healer
Zero Failure
Dinner
Losing Her
✨2023✨
Habit
Suncatcher
Siblings
Embrace
The Diary
Together
Family
Puzzle City
The Heart and Soul
Hairpin
The Dukedom
His Guest
Hangul
Kim Soo Yeon

Festival II

2.3K 205 22
By RUNA_HADES

"I am here to help."

The silver eyes blinked a couple of times.

She looked like she heard something strange.

"Who are you?"

"Cale Henituse."

"My goodness, Young Master Cale, you really seem to like to work."

Cale frowned upon being called with a title again.

It felt doesn't right when Jung Yeon Hwa who is Raisa now being respectful to him in that way.

When he'd been appointed as Team Leader of Attacking Team, at that moment he started calling her as Team Leader Jung instead of Jung Yeon Hwa.

They respect each other as Team Leaders of respective teams.

They are always on equal foot.

Now, it feels like there is an invisible line just because he just 'happens' to transmigrate in the eldest son of a noble house and she's in the body of a 'commoner'.

Then, the young master opened his mouth with a grumbling face.

"I hate working. Also, stop calling me 'young master'."

"Then, why you spouting nonsense if you hate working? Helping me means you are going to work in this bakery."

"It's not a hard task."

Raisa looked at Cale with unbelievable looks.

The one who used to complain about paperwork and proclaimed going to slack off once he retired from their company is going to help her in the bakery?

She always heard that proclamation even before she became Team Leader of the Healer Team.

Team Leader Lee's team members were always returned with injuries.

As a member of the Healer Team, she took care of them especially two years older seniors of her, Choi Jung Soo and Kim Rok Soo.

She listened to their stories and dreams while treating their wounds.

"Why are there so many people who are even worse than I am?! I'm going to kill all of those damn bastards and then rest. I will definitely live a peaceful life."

When Cale, no, when Kim Rok Soo in his twenties had shouted that, his Hyung-nims and even herself were looking at him in astonishment.

The quiet Rear Support Team member suddenly outburst was an interesting sight for them.

"So, that's your dream, Rok Soo?"

Lee Soo Hyuk looked at the 'maknae' of the team although he's the same age as Choi Jung Soo and shares the same birthdate.

"I am going to be a rich slacker. If not, just a regular slacker. Living in a peaceful world without working."

Kim Rok Soo became talkative just talking about being a slacker.

Jung Yeon Hwa just silently looked at his unusual behavior with interest.

"Then! You should join Team Leader Lee and me!"

"What do you mean?"

The one who asked was Jung Yeon Hwa, a lady in her early twenties with black long wavy hair.

Her silver eyes filled with curiosity.

Choi Jung Soo answered her with a loud voice and a unique smile on his face.

"Oh, Yeon Hwa! Team Leader-nim said he's going to own a farm once he retires. I'm going to own an orchard next to him."

"Is that so?"

"We need to take Rok Soo with us. If we don't, forget being a slacker, he's the type that would go around causing trouble."

"Team Leader Lee, you are wise."

Jung Yeon Hwa gave two thumbs up to Lee Soo Hyuk in admiration.

She may not be with them for a long time but it's easy to understand what kind of person is Kim Rok Soo.

Someone who has no hesitation to help people in spite of the fact he didn't possess any offensive ability.

That's why he's the one who always injured the most.

The reddish-brown eyes young man looked at the lady and his team leader with a disbelief expression on his face.

That was the same expression she has now.

She looked at the same reddish-brown eyes.

"Don't you know me?"

"Of course. who doesn't? Young Master Cale Henituse, the Eldest son of the Henituse Duchy in Northeast Region, the current Emperor of Roan Empire's cherished sworn brother, The beloved hero of both continents, and the living legend, Young Master Sil―"

"No, before that."

Cale raised his hand towards her to stop her talking nonsense.

His other hand held his crumpled forehead.

Raisa just answered him obediently with a satisfied face.

"Team Leader Kim."

"...before that."

"Kim Rok Soo-ssi?"

Cale nodded his head in pleased.

The russet eyes looked into the shiny grey eyes.

'She's an intelligent lady.'

He believed that Jung Yeon Hwa he knows will realize right away the meaning of his question.

"Oh, right. You had told me before that you had worked a lot of part-time jobs a lot before. But, have you ever worked in the customer service field?"

"Before the monster apocalypse occurred, I was an ordinary part-timer at a restaurant."

He put off his robe and Raisa could see a normal shirt underneath it instead of a fancy noble's outfit.

The redhead grabbed the apron on the wooden table and wore it.

He tied the apron string easily like he used to do a lot in the past.

'He looked natural and also unnatural at the same time.'

He looks like a typical waiter except for his famous bright red hair and handsome sharp face.

"I am going to help too."

The black-haired young man also declare that he wished to lend a hand.

There is an innocent smile displayed on his Korean face.

'This guy is also not good with that face.'

The Hero and The Youngest Swordmaster.

Both of them are icons of the Roan Empire's victory and pride.

How can she order them around with that well-known looks?

Cale who noticed her dilemma pointed his finger towards the existence that stood above all other existences in the world.

The chubby young dragon floating around the kitchen together with his older siblings, the silver kitten, and the dark red kitten.

Raisa looked at them warmly while realizing the current state of the kitchen and how they floated around.

Magic.

"Little Raon."

"What is it, Sweet Raisa?"

Raon immediately answer her call and put down his Noona as well as his Hyung carefully.

The averaging 10 years old children run towards the lady with bright expressions.

Raisa's heart melting looking at their lovable appearances.

"On, Hong. Don't run or else, you will trip."

Raisa advised the kittens as she lowered her body.

She opened up her arms to carry the kittens.

Then, she patted the round head of the 7 years old child who is in front of her eyes.

"Raon, can you change their appearance and also their voices?"

"Our youngest can make illusions so no one can recognize them, Nya!"

"Except us of course, Nya."

Hong and On proudly revealed their youngest capabilities.

The widened silver eyes look at the reptilian blue eyes.

The child's gaze was full of pride.

"I am great and mighty Raon Miru after all!"

"You are the best, Little Raon."

"Hehe."

A wide grin plastered on his adorable plump face.

Then, Raisa turned to the gentlemen.

"What should I call you? I can't call your real name."

"Hmm, that's true."

His voice was full of wonder but his expression just said otherwise.

Raisa who has been with him for a long time understands the meaning of that expression.

Sometimes she wished she doesn't understand him.

"Rok Soo-ssi?"

"Yes, Miss Raisa."

The 'Miss' part just gave her goosebumps especially with the dazzling and friendly smile that appeared on the young master's attractive face.

Her heart beating fast because of another reason.

She felt ominous somehow.

'It feels like he's going to―'

"Human, why are you suddenly smiling like you are about to scam people?"

"What are you talking about?"

The stoic face replaces the amiable expression once the young dragon asked his guardian innocently.

It's a familiar look that makes lifeforms in the room breathe in assurance.

The lady opened her mouth, her voice capturing the redhead's attention.

"Why are you calling me with 'Miss'? It felt weird."

"That's how I felt when you called me with 'Young Master'."

"..."

Raisa pressed her lips together and avoided the russet eyes.

Cale continues his words while looking at her behavior.

"Also, you are the owner of this place and I am just a worker. People will be suspicious if I call you casually."

"...That's how I felt when you insisted I call you informally."

"..."

Now, it's his turn to be speechless.

He didn't expect his own words to bite him back.

'It's always like this.'

The swordmaster shook his head side to side as he's glancing at the lady and his liege avoided looking at each other.

His nephew's memories couldn't help but surface as both of them acted the same as in the past.

Jung Yeon Hwa is the type to not lose.

Kim Rok Soo on the other hand can never win against her easily.

"...I am not your superior."

"...You are my young master."

"This is this and that is that. Raon, Let's go."

Cale clicked his tongue and just turned his attention towards the little dragon.

He just gave up playing words with Raisa.

He is also aware of how stubborn the lady is.

"Got it, Weak Human!"

The mana covered the kitchen had been released. 

Raon spread out his chubby paws, his blue mana transferred towards two young men.

Raisa could notice there's a difference about both of them even though in her eyes they look the same as before.

She's a bit worried not because of Raon's magic but the gentlemen's behavior later on.

However, she couldn't worry for a long time as she heard a lot of voices outside the kitchen.

She immediately went to check out.

"Rok Soo-ssi. Han-ssi."

Cale who is being called 'Rok Soo-ssi' and Choi Han is now called by his first name felt nostalgic hearing that again once in a long time.

That's how they are going to be addressed for the whole day.

The young master and the guardian knight hurriedly follow the lady baker's back before getting another glare from her.

Young. Old. Female. Male.

Many voices call out to her as soon as they noticed her presence.

Raisa smiled warmly towards their friendly greetings.

"On, Hong and Little Raon. Will you help me?"

She discreetly talks to the averaging 10 years old children.

The kittens in her arms looked up to her.

– Of course, we would! Sweet Raisa! You don't need to worry!

The one who answered her is the invisible black dragon.

On and Hong jumped out from her hands and skillfully land without getting hurt.

They looked at Raisa and nodded their heads with eyes full of determination.

She chuckled softly and continue whispering.

"Stay in your current form. Then, go around the customers."

The silver eyes met two pairs of beautiful golden eyes.

Her eyes softened looking at the children.

"Find out their orders and deliver them to Cale and Choi Han-nim in advance."

"Meeeeeow."

"Meeow!"

– That's easy! Leave it to us, Raisa!

The children confidently answered her and immediately go to carry out their missions.

There is a wide proud smile on the lady's face while looking at the kittens' fluffy tails shook excitedly walking around the bakery.

Then, Raisa combed her hair with her hands and lift her ash-browned hair up to tie in the ponytail.

The russet eyes unconsciously stare at her action.

Jung Yeon Hwa has a habit to tie up her hair when she's focused on her work.

Raisa peeked towards him.

Her silver eyes glistened with light.

"You are not going to back off. Right, Rok Soo-ssi?"

Her smile shone with playfulness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 9.2K 63
A fanfiction for Lout of the Count's Family written by Yu Ryeo Han. I do not own the Lout of the Count's Family. This is just a FANFICTION. Note: Thi...
32.9K 2.1K 13
It was supposed to be a fine morning as usual after the war with the white star and the sealed god however that particular peace was broken once agai...
30.5K 2.3K 10
Billos Flynn. Nobody suspected him to be one of the hunters that are after the redhead hero's life. They trusted him, and so did Cale. What Cale expe...
17.3K 994 19
γ€” Kim Rok Soo x Cale Henituse (og!) 〕 γ€Š Discontinued! 》 Cale made a deal with the god of death, he returned to the past and was surprised because the...