Love is Blind

By TaraLDeclan

^Top Five Finalist in the 2013 Watty Award^ ATTENTION: Due to publishing this is only HALF of the book. For t... More

Love is Blind
Preface
Chapter One: The Shooting
Chapter Two: A Family
Chapter Three: Georgia Collins
Chapter Four: Talking to Myself
Chapter Five: Reece Collins
Chapter Six: I was There
Chapter Seven: Open Eyes
Chapter Eight: It's Called Braille
Chapter Nine: Nothing to Do
Chapter Ten: Not That Bad
Chapter Eleven: A Book
Chapter Twelve: Lesson One
Chapter Thirteen: Shave
Chapter Fourteen: Never Be His Type
Chapter Fifteen: Nightmares
Chapter Sixteen: Twenty Questions
Chapter Seventeen: Lila
Chapter Eighteen: School Again
Chapter Nineteen: Learning the Stick
Chapter Twenty: Part One
Chapter Twenty-One: Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Two: Because of You
Chapter Twenty-Three: Lost
Chapter Twenty-Four: Starting Off Good
Chapter Twenty-Five: Maybe
Chapter Twenty-Six: He's Blind...Duh
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Are We There Yet
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Dog Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Part 2 Grow a Pair
Chapter Thirty: The Moment
Chapter Thirty-Two: Late Night Voice
Chapter Thirty-Three: Almost Date Time
Chapter Thirty-Four: Date Part One
Chapter Thirty-Five: Date Part Two **Special Chaper**
Chapter Thirty-Six: Back to School
Chapter Thirty-Seven: All This Noise
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Angel
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Payton's Past
Chapter Forty: Voice From the Past
Chapter Forty-One: Clair Part One
Chapter Forty-Two: Clair Part Two
Chapter Forty-Three: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter Forty-Four: First Run
Chapter Forty-Five: Something's Up
Chatpter Forty-Six: Hope
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Call and the Promise
Chapter Forty-Eight: Hi Cutie
Chapter Forty-Nine: Some Good News
Chapter Fifty: Heart to Heart
Chapter Fifty-One: Special POV Chapter
Chapter Fifty-Two: Bad Day
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Lie
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Odds
Chapter Fifty-Five: The Fight
The Greatest Announcement of all Times
Buy the book!
New Book

Chapter Thirty-One: Everything is Different

200K 3.6K 350
By TaraLDeclan

Chapter Thirty-One

Reece’s POV

            What did I agree to? All I know is I would do anything for her to go on a date with me. So when she stated the condition I dint really think about it, instead I just answered. Now I have to go back to school and an aching fear creeps up on me. The thought of returning to school and walking in the halls again makes me sick with fear. Within a month my life has change dramatically I went from being someone who was going places and anything was possible to being the blind kid who was going nowhere and everyone walks on their tiptoes around me. So do I really want to return to school and have everyone stare at me and treat me like a freak? Of course I don’t! The thought of those who use to admire me, shunning me and treating me like a freak or like I am special kills me! Being blind changes everything and changes how everyone looks at me, even my family.

            Believe it or not my family is not usually this happy and perfect! Before the accident my family loved each other, but we fought. We would yell at each other call names and it I broke a rule or disobeyed my parents I would be grounded and in a lot of trouble. If I spoke to my parents like I did today I would have been grounded until I was married and have so many chores to do that a maid would feel bad for me. My parents were very cool, happy, loving people and they only want respect, honesty, and responsibility from their children. This means if we broke any the rules which weren’t many we would get a lecture and punishment.

            My parents even had their own good cop bad cop routine. My mom was the one who would supple endless love and cause you to feel bad for hurting her. My father on the other hand, was the iron fist. He laid down the law and punishment and would not budge a inch, don’t get me wrong my dad was a wonderful loving dude. He enjoyed doing things with his sons and his daughters where daddy girls. My dad is the one who taught me how through a football, play baseball, and Conner, dad, and I use to pile into the den on game nights and watch football games.

            I was the good son, compared to Conner; Conner was the wild child party boy, always getting in trouble. I, on the other hand, was more calm and the good kid, granted I got in my fair share of trouble just like anyone else but I learned from my mistakes.

            Now, we don’t fight and it’s like living in rainbow land twenty-four seven which fucking sucks! It’s all happy voices and laughter, with saying things like ‘it’s ok.’ I want to shout at them to stop! I want my real family back, yeah we argued but, it didn’t seem so fake! I feel like no one is saying what they want because they are afraid of offending me or something. They are treating me like that precious plate your grandma has that was pasted down from generation to generation. Maybe they think if they’re happy I will be. In all honesty, it’s backfiring! I just want forget I am blind and pretend it never happened!

 I want open my eyes one morning and see the shining light of the sun peeking through my window. I just want to stare into Payton’s eyes and kiss her. I want to watch Rayne grow up and I want see Juliet go to prom! I want to see! I need to! How will I get a job? How will I live on my own? Who would marry me? All of these questions haunt me at night as I shut my eyes, just like tonight.

^_^_^_

“No! Don’t shoot!” I shout kicking my legs and then I sit up blinking my eyes only to be met by darkness. Just another nightmare, you think I would e use to them by now, but I’m not.

I feel some weight lay on my lap and I move my hand to it feeling the soft feel of Rider’s fur. A heavy rough paw then lies on my leg and I pet Rider allowing myself to calm down. It is like he is drawing my bad energy from me.

“What time is it?” I ask my phone as I reach over feeling for it on the stand.

“9:30am,” the automatic voice says and I groan. I guess I need to talk to my mom about returning to school. So I pet Rider and side around in my bed and drape my legs off the edge. I feel the weight of Rider on the bed disappear and then a thump. His footsteps make their way to my feet. I stretch and crack my back. God I miss my sight! Standing up I walk to my closet with Rider beside me keeping me from hitting things. It’s like he can sense my need of his help.

I open it and feel around the hanging clothes for some sweat pants. Finally I find some and feel the tag and uses that to tell me the front and back. I slowly return to my bed and reach down to wear Juliet placed Rider’s harness last night somewhere on the floor. “Sit,” I say to Rider who is standing beside me and I can hear him body shift to sitting. My fingers finally find the harness and I slip it on Rider and stand up taking a hold of it.

My mom is probably in her office working. Yes, my mom works she came from a tough childhood and loved making clothes, she became a designer and opened her own store that sells high quality clothes she makes for lower prices. One store became to and now they are beginning to pop up all over the country. Now Georgia Collins Designs is becoming a house hold name. I shut my eyes trying to picture the house from my memory. I use that to guide me on directions and Rider to keep me from hitting things or falling.

Once I reach where the door to her office should be if I followed the directions correctly. I hear my mom humming coming through the door. “Mom?” I call to her hoping she’ll open the door.

I hear the creaking sound of the door opening and the humming has ceased. “Reece dear, what is it?” my mom’s voice asks me.

“I need talk to you,” I say simply with a smile.

“Come on in then and have a seat,” my mom insists as she grabs my left hand and pulls Rider and I inside. She puts my hand that she is holding on the back of the chair and I sit down as fill around. I hear my mom sit down in front of me and Rider sits at my feet. “So what is it honey?” my mom asks her voice beginning to sound worried.

“I want go back to school,” I state simply giving her the most confident look I could muster.

“Oh sweetie! Are you sure about that? Do you think you are ready?” my mom asks me in a worry filled voice.

Honestly, I don’t fill even close to being ready! I can’t tell my mom that and I have to do this, for Payton, my angel. “Yeah, I am sure,” I say and give her the best smile I can even though I am so scared.

“Alright, sweetie, I will call and talk to your school tomorrow. I see no reason why you won’t be able to,” my mom insists and I can hear the smile in her voice.

“Ok good,” I say with a real smile because that means I can start planning my date with Payton! I am going to make it one that she will never forget. It has to be something perfect and romantic because she deserves the best, she is my angel.

“Anything else?” she asks with her motherly voice and I suddenly remember something I have been meaning to ask her.

“Well I have been wanting to ask you, can I get eye surgery like Carter got?” I ask with a hopeful face.

My mom is silent and she sighs. “Your dad and I will look into it. But honey, there is no promises you will qualify or that’d it would work. I just don’t want you to get your hopes up and be disappointed,” she says with her soft, warming, moms tone.

“It’s ok mom, I understand. I just want be able to see again,” I say softly and I hear her cry a little.

“Oh sweetie I know!” she says and I hear her get up and hug me.

She says she knows, but she really doesn’t. She doesn’t know my reasons for it! She never could! She is part of the reason! I love her and I love my dad and siblings I just want life to return to normal, but with Payton. Payton is the only good thing that has come from all of this. She’s the only one who treats me normal. Well Carter does, but it’s different. Everything I do now is for her. I do everything for my angel. When I feel like I cannot just keep going on she’s there and I think of her. This girl has gone through a lot with her sister and compared to that I have no reason to complain. At least I am healthy; I wish I could say the same for Lila. Hell I wish I could just make Payton happy. Then a light bulb goes off over my head and the perfect idea for the date hits me.

I am going to make this a date that take her mind off of everything and makes her the happiest girl ever. This is going to be awesome! I cannot wait! What is this girl doing to me?

Hey you guys!!:D

Have i told you lately i love you!!

I do!!! I love you!!

Sorry it's been so long( two days) :O

I have been swamped with school work.

However i didnt have school today so i worked on this for you all!!:D

Thank the snow, literally. I live in a state called West Virginia where one day it will be 70 some degrees and you are busting out your shorts and it rains. Then the very next day it is 10 degrees and snowing and you are bundled up like and eskomo. You may think i am joking. But i am 100% for real! This is true!!

Sorry if this is awful!!

I always feel like Reece chapters suck!

I know it's short but it's just Reece is so hard to write!!

I hope you like him!!

Lots to come!!:D

Really want say a quick thank you all for the amazing supprt last chapter got.

434 votes!! On one chapter!!:O You have no clue how much that means to me!! That is more than most my books have got!! You are all amazing!! I love you and you mean the world to me!!

I dont think you all know how much your comments mean to me!! They make me so so happy. i get so excited when i read one!!

I also love all the new readers!! You are all amazing!!:D

PLEASE KEEP IT UP!!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE!!:D

We are so so close to breaking the top 20! Awe!! I will faint and freak if we do!!

If you have fanned me thank you!! It has gotten crazy with the fans and i am in shock!!

I think you all!! I will fan you back when ever i get time to sit down and do all of them. Also i may fan you back and thats my thank you because after like a few people it wont let me say my comments no matter how much i change them!! I love you all and you are awesome!!

Big shout out to the awesome fan @f3l33sh_b3ast

This is dedicated to her for the awesome cover on the side!!

If you want a shout out and this make a cover/banner/ad/trailer for this!!:D and ill be more happy to!!:D

Also i will dedicate for awesome chapter if i remember and no one else to dedicate to!!

I must go now I love you all!!

PS: Should i write a 1D fanfic!? My best friend wants me too and i want to but what about you all!! Of course i will finish this!!

And i have been asked if i will write a second to this!!:D I dont know depends on how this book goes and what you guys think!!:D Off i go now!!:D Thank you all so very much!!

Love you alot!!

I WILL UPDATE A LONG CHAPTER TOMORROW!!:D hopefully

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 31 18
The first time I saw Saxton Crawford we were in high school. He was the football star and I was just another invisible teenage girl. Now, he is a fam...
302K 10.4K 42
Book 1 | Completed | My name is Hayden Price. I'm an eighteen-year-old senior in high school. Oh, and I'm the quarterback of the football team. My li...
2.1M 59.3K 30
Hailey Elizabeth White is the school's nerd. She gets picked on and teased because of how she dresses. She wears baggy jeans, giant sweatshirts that...
404K 9K 26
{Highest Ranking: #160 in Teen Fiction & #1 in Love at First Sight} Zac Logan thought he had everything. His parents were filthy rich. He was captain...