More To Him (LokixReader)

By destaenywrites

[Under Editing] During the Chitauri Invasion back in 2012, Y/N L/N met the god of mischief in person. After f... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
☆Important Message☆
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
◇Thanksgiving Message◇
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
◇Christmas Message◇
◇New Years Message◇
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
◇Valentine's Day Message◇
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
◇Special Message◇
◇Spacial Chapter◇
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44-Part 1
Chapter 45-Part 2
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue
Author's Note
Urgent Message

Chapter 46

1.1K 53 19
By destaenywrites

》Y/N's POV

The dreadful moment came.

I wasn't expecting Odin to ask for me again after the war, but he did.

I readied myself the way I would have on a normal day serving at the palace. I put on my armor, strapped Sivert to my hip and headed to the throne room.

Elin and Nath had left me that morning after breakfast, so I was pretty much on my own.

When I walked into the throne room, Odin was waiting for me sitting in his throne, while Thor stood near him. I only glanced at him once but his eyes spoke to me louder than words would ever. Whatever Odin was to tell me, I certainly wouldn't like it.

I sank to a knee, an arm across my chest and my eyes to the floor. My heart wanted to rip through my chest and perspiration formed over my brow at the mere thought of what Odin might tell me.

"Y/N L/N. You've done great things for us, and for that I consider you a true hero. Perhaps you live up to the title Valkyrie and you sure have surpassed all my expectations."

"Thank you, your highness." I said, feeling quite honored to hear such complements from the very own King of the gods.

"You did as promised, you saved Asgard and the other eight realms, and perhaps even the whole universe. It is needless to say that Loki will no longer have to marry Crown Princess Elin. The Monarchs of Alfhame have considered Loki's act of chivalry as a peace treaty. Adding that Prince Aestre seems to fancy Syn quite a lot. Your human friends shall return to Earth being remembered as fearless warriors to our realm. And lastly..." Odin stood up from his throne and climbed down, stopping right in front of me. I dared not to look up at him. "You shall live for your act of bravery and for keeping your promise. You too shall be remembered as a hero. But... you may no longer be allowed to stay in Asgard."

I finally looked up. My gaze locked with Odin's blue eye. Panic started to arise in me. "W-What?"

"You and your friends have learned too much about the gods and what lies beyond Midgard. I know you're in love with Loki, I am aware of how it has changed him, but how it has also affected our world. You must leave Asgard by tomorrow morning. You will not speak a word of what you've seen. Not about Thanos. Not about the war. Not about Loki or Thor or anything that has happened since you met my son. If you do I will find out one way or another, and I won't be so lenient then."

I let a frown take over my features. I was appalled. Utterly confused and shocked. "With all due respect, how is that fair to me? How can I not speak about what happened? How do you expect me to leave Asgard when the man I love is unconscious? How is this fair to Loki?"

"I'm sorry, Y/N, but this is for the safety of my people. The more humans know, the more our world is at risk. Who says that something like Thanos won't happen again? Can you assure me that my people will be fine in the future? You may discuss what happened here with your hero friends who have experienced the same as you, but non of you may run your mouths to anybody else."

At that moment I kind of hated Odin. He was nothing like in the mythology. My heart broke then. Loki would never forgive me for leaving. Perhaps he'd think I didn't love him or that I was somewhat trying to protect him with my absence. I didn't want to leave Asgard yet, Loki and the kids needed me. What would happen to Syn, Agata and June if I left? They were my responsibility.

"If everything is clear you may leave. I thank you for your service."

Odin left the room, and the grand doors echoed in his absence. I looked up at Thor who looked down at me sadly. I knew it wasn't his fault, I knew he couldn't do anything else for me, but I could still see the guilt in his eyes.

Tears left my eyes again and I let my body collapse to the floor. I cried silently as I tried to hold the weight of my body with my palms. I felt like the ground was swallowing me and I was drowning. I felt cheated even though nothing ensured I'd even get to live after everything. At least I got to walk out of Asgard with a head and a beating heart-barely.

Thor knelt next to me and embraced me tightly. I kept making a fool out of myself in front of my friends, but my cup was full and I could no longer contain the overflowing emotions I had kept hidden within me.

"It's going to be alright." Thor whispered, caressing the back of my head and rocking us side to side in an attempt to calm me. I really wanted to believe him. Though I had won a war against a supernatural creature now I had to fight the battle in my heart and accept reality. Fate had brought me to that moment, and perhaps all I could do was accept things as they were.

I didn't have much to pack. I had only taken my sword with me anyway. I dressed up in the simplest way possible and then went over to the kid's room. I was nervous. It was absurd to be afraid of what children might think, but I had let them down and I had lied to them. I had posed as a character they admired and gained their respect, faith and admiration through deception. And now I was leaving Asgard when I had made a promise to their mother that I would take care of them until she returned.

The day before, Frigga had assured me that she would take care of the children, so at least I knew they would be left in safe hands.

I knocked at the door and then walked in. Agata and June were playing with their stuffed toys and Syn sat at the bed, reading another book from the royal library. Agata, though, was the first to look up. "LADY ASTRID!" She screamed, bolted to her feet and ran towards me. I captured her in my arms and twirled us around. I was glad they were fine after the war.

June got up and hugged my waist with an adorable smile and I ruffled his head in return. Syn looked up from her book and slowly smiled at me. I put Agata down and asked the youngest ones to sit on their bed.

"So..." Syn spoke as I sat next to the youngsters on their bed. "You aren't a Valkyrie."

I smiled sadly and nodded. "I'm really sorry, Syn. I lied to the three of you. I had a reason to, but I felt guilty of gaining your trust even when I didn't deserve it. And now I won't even be able to keep my promise to your mother."

"What?" She perked up, indignity drawing over her facial features.

"Odin thought it was better if I left Asgard. My existence here has caused great damage, I lied and tricked people. I was left off the hook for keeping my promise that I would save the nine realms. I did, now I must leave. I'm a human, I don't belong in Asgard."

Syn shook her head, a frown creasing her forehead. "No. No! Our mother was taken away from us, Odin can't take you away too! I don't care what you did or who you are. Despite your lies you meant to keep up safe. You gave us a home, you gave us an opportunity. You can't leave, Lady Astrid, please don't go." For the first time Syn almost tackled me with a hug. She cried on my shoulder. I hugged her back and tried calming her down. Agata and June looked worried and also huddled to my side.

"I know it's unfair, Syn. You three have become really special to me, but I can't go against Odin." I placed my hands on the girl's shoulder and slightly pushed her back so I could look into her eyes. I wiped away her tears and mustered up a smile to reassure her as her lips quivered, perhaps as she held back more tears. "Syn you must promise me that you'll behave and that you'll take care of your siblings. Lady Frigga will be taking care of you three now."

Syn nodded softly, and croaked out: "I promise."

I hugged Syn again and lightly patted her back. "Y/N." I told her. "You can call me by my real name."

"Y/N." She repeated, her voice still quite heavy with emotion. "I like your name, Lady Y/N."

I smiled and pulled away from the girl. I hugged the other two kids and started to take my leave when Syn called me again. "Lady Y/N... For me you'll always be a Valkyrie, lies or not. Thank you for everything."

I smiled at her and slightly bowed my head. "Take care Syn."

As soon as I shut the door behind me my eyes filled with tears. I blinked my eyes harshly to push back the sting of my tears. With one last breath I joined the Avengers and went home.

The Avengers let me stay the night at the tower, though they had thought I'd be staying in Asgard by Loki's side. We were all exhausted so they didn't push me much with the questions. The next day I started to pack my things. I was moving back to Colorado until the next semester and pick up my studies. I had no idea how my parents would react, but I knew they'd have many questions I wasn't allowed to answer.

"Why didn't Odin let you stay?" Nath asked me as she carried my suitcase downstairs.

I sighed and looked down to the floor. "It's really complicated... Part of what happened was my fault and I still had to pay the price for tricking the Asgardians and for going to Asgard without Odin's permission..."

"That's bullshit! You helped save Asgard, you even saved Loki! No matter how much a disliked that bastard you love him and you should be able to stay by his side. You deserve that much and more."

I smiled, though it was painful to even try. "It's nice you think so, but unfortunately I can't go against Odin. I can't deceive him. All he was doing was play a game with me. He let me live as long as I could keep my identity a secret. My secret was out, I saved the world, I was pardoned but not entirely. So it is what it is and I must accept that."

I turned to Nath. She gave me a sad look. I knew she wanted to say more but I gave her a look and she decided to keep it to herself. Instead she put the suitcase inside the car and we both got in. As she drove me to the airport she changed the subject.  "You know? The freakiest shit I've seen all weekend has been you breaking a spell Disney style."

I chuckled, remembering how with just a kiss Loki snapped out of the spell Dagrun bad put him under. "Yeah, that was quite a surprise to me, too."

I thought of Loki laying unconcious in Asgard, and he had no idea I was gone. I was going to really miss him.

When I arrived to Denver, Colorado I took a taxi to my neighborhood. The guy dropped me off at the park and I decided to walk the rest of the way home. I wanted a few minutes to myself to gather my thoughts and figure out how to explain things to my parents without telling them what really happened. I hated to keep lying especially when I had been gone for a long time. My parents deserved to know the truth, but Odin was making sure I didn't open my mouth to people besides the Avengers.

As my house came into view I gulped, took a heavy breath and hurried my pace to get home. I walked up the front yard and planted myself in front of the door. I ringed the doorbell, having lost my keys in the destruction of my apartment. The door opened and I came face to face with my father. His smile fell, when widening and face paling. "Y/N?" It took him a second but when he realized I wasn't an illusion he almost crushed me into a hug. "Oh Lord, Y/N! You're home! You're finally home! Where have you been? Gods, please come inside. Your mother will surely kill you!"

I walked into the familiar house. I had not been there in a while. Everything was just the same as last time. The velvety couch facing the TV. The many pictures, trophies and books clattering the bookshelves and walls. The array of swords on the wall my father so proudly showed off to guests. Even my big old dog Fenrir was resting in his bed. His head perked up and he quickly waddled towards me. He was almost too old to even walk. I knelt down and started petting him. "I missed you too Fen." I smiled placing a kiss on his forehead.

"Marta!" My father called out to my mother. I felt like I had a taco stuck in my throat. I knew my mother would breakdown the moment she saw me.

"I'm coming Vince!" She called out. I could hear her flip flops against the floor as she walked across the hallway to meet my father.

As soon as my mother walked out into the living room a loud gasp escaped her throat. "Y/N!" She screamed and also almost threw her whole body at me as she trapped me into a bone crushing hug. Both of them were a crying mess and I couldn't help but start crying too. "Where have you been Y/N? Why didn't you call or text? We thought something bad had happened!"

Mother pushed away and then grabbed my face in her hands and started to examine my face. "What happened to your face? Oh God, and your arm." She looked at the bandage around my arm. I placed a hand over it and gave them an awkward smile. "Clumsy me." I tried. I didn't have an explanation for those.

My parents looked at me with confusion and started to ask me many questions. Most of them I couldn't answer.

"Mom, dad... look... I lost my job, so I had to find a new one."

"Doing questionable things?" Father inquired, still glaring at my bruises and cuts.

I sighed and shook my head. "No dad... It's complicated... I don't know how to explain. I took a job as a bodyguard and the guy who I worked for was a trouble maker so I had to step in most of the time... I got tired of the job, quit and decided to fly back." I tried to explain it that way. It wasn't true as it wasn't a lie. I did become a trouble maker's personal guard. He just happened to be a billion year old god who I fell in love with and fought a whole war with.

"Then why didn't you at least contact us?" Mother demanded, slightly shaking me while she held my shoulders.

I sighed and looked down, "It was part of the contract. This is as much as I can explain. I know it was wrong, but I needed the job. They payed me pretty well despite the hassle, plus they gave me a place to stay."

My parents sighed in unison, looking between each other and then hugged me. "We're just glad you're back home safely. We were worried. You've been gone for months, we thought..." Mom gulped. "We thought something really bad had happened to you."

"I know... I'm so sorry... It won't happen again. I'm home and I'm not going anywhere."

After a while, my mother decided she'd start lunch, I was starving. Dad helped me carry my only suitcase to my room and Fenrir, though struggling, followed us and stayed in my room.

I took a shower to relax, put on some more comfortable clothes and lied down with my dog; me as the big spoon and Fenrir tucked into my chest as he looked up at me with his old eyes. I smiled and patted his head. He was a very old husky. It was a surprise he had lived for twenty years. The reason why we called him Fenrir was because he had always looked like a wolf, and well, my dad and I were crazy for Norse mythology.

Sadness overwhelmed me again when I remembered the night Loki and I stayed outside in our usual meeting area, looking up at the stars while I told him all about Norse mythology. He was shocked about the fact he was a father and it was truly one of the most wholesome moments I had the opportunity to share with him, even if at the moment we were both trying really hard to deny the lingering feelings between us.

I wanted to think of something else, but Loki was in my mind all the time. If I'd known that the last time I would see him was at the Rainbow Bridge I would have kissed him more, I would have held him tighter, told him I loved him sooner.

I hid my face in my dog's neck and sniffled, trying to hold back the annoying tears. If someone who didn't know me saw me these past few days they'd think I was a cry baby. The amount of tears I had spilled was concerning.

I fell asleep hugging my dog and by the time I woke up, my dad was softly trying to get me to wake up. "Sweety, lunch is ready. Will you want to join us?"

It took me a moment to register his words, but when I did I nodded, stretched out and followed behind him.

That afternoon I had lunch with my family, but my mind was in Asgard... and so was my heart.

To say my parents were concerned was an understatement. I had been having nightmares... again... This time I knew those were normal dreams and not like back in New York. That was me reliving the battle, getting almost killed by Dagrun, seeing my boyfriend fall to the ground after he finished Thanos. I wanted to badly to tell my mom every time she walked into my room after I'd start screaming in my sleep. She's hold me, even stay at night with me.

I started to stay in my room all day. I knew that if things continued like that I'd spill the beans, I'd tell them everything, and I couldn't risk that. My mind was always lost somewhere in memory lane or mourning Loki and the children.

I tried to distract myself by helping around but dad wouldn't let me claiming I was too tired and distracted lately, and mother wanted me to try and rest more.

So I stayed in my room. I did nothing, talked to no one, and kept suffering.

At some point I was so tired I fell asleep in the bathtub while taking a relaxing bath.

I hated how I'd done a whole 360 and got back to square one. Why couldn't I have a normal day for once? I knew I wouldn't be normal after the New York attack and accepting my new reality, but at least all I asked the universe was to let me off the hook for just one day.

After two weeks of being stuck in the house, my parents decided that maybe I could use some sunlight, a walk, and some fresh air. I agreed.

So that morning I dressed up comfortably, fed Fenrir and left. I took a walk around the neighborhood, deciding I'd head to the post office and maybe buy some groceries for my parents, that would keep me as distracted and occupied as possible.

When I walked into the post office, a few post men who I knew from almost all my life greeted me. They had heard I was missing and were really happy I was home safely.

I walked to my parents post box and opened it to get their letters. I shuffled through the letters, a few were mine as I had changed my address to theirs after the New York attack.

"Y/N?" I heard a feminine voice call to me. I looked back and my eyes grew wide. Naomi.

My former best friend stood only a few feet away. Same short, black hair, thin, hooded eyes and black irises as well as her pale skin, and always painted in red lips. She was taller and skinnier than me, always fabulous. I noticed she was holding the leash of a very small dog. A shih tzu I might add. The dog stared up at me curiously, tongue sticking out and a small pink bow holding a strand of its hair up.

"Naomi? What are you doing here? I thought you were in Texas with your boyfriend." I asked, but it wasn't in a threatening way, I was genuinely curious.

Naomi smiled, "Well, David and I decided to make our wedding here in Colorado. Our families both live here so we decided to come back."

I nodded in understanding and slightly smiled. "That's great. I'm really happy for you."

As I started to head out Naomi's voice made me stop. "Y/N... Can we... Can we please talk?"

I turned around and looked into her eyes. I really had nothing important to do, and perhaps talking to Naomi would be enough of a distraction even though her presence brought back the night I broke our friendship, the night I regretted even now.

Naomi and I sat at our favorite cafe. We used to go to that that place almost every day since middle school.

"So... what did you want to talk about?" I started, taking a sip from my iced coffee.

Naomi cleared her throat and fixed her posture. "I just wanted to say that I'm happy you're back... Your parents contacted me a few months ago when you first disappeared. It brought back memories... I'm sure you know which memories."

My chest inflated as I took in a big breath. "Yeah, I do."

"I was really worried..." We both stayed silent for a while until I looked up at her again. She looked uneasy as if something was holding her back from saying more.

I lightly nibbled at my bottom lip. I also had something to say. "I'm sorry." I blurted. Naomi looked at me, confused. "Why?"

"I destroyed our friendship. We can't even talk to each other properly. You were right Naomi. I knew you were right. I knew Jonah wasn't good for me. I knew he was a jerk, a bastard, and that he deserved more than just prison. But I was in love. I thought I could somehow fix him. I learned too late that some people are not worth fighting for. It took me almost dying to finally understand that."

Naomi let out a breath, and her eyes filled with tears. She took my hand from across the table and gave it a squeeze. "Y/N I should have done more. I shouldn't have left you. When I heard what happened to you... When I heard Jonah tried to kill you I felt like a horrible person. I should have been there for you even if it pissed me that you wouldn't listen to me. I flew to New York when you were in the hospital. You were unconcious when I got there. I didn't think you'd want to see me which is why I left before you woke up. I've hated myself since then."

A tear left my eye. "Naomi, please don't blame yourself. You did what you could. We were both wrong. I don't think you staying would have changed what happened. I learned a valuable lesson through the hardship and the pain. I'm okay now, I have a new life, I'm a new me. Please don't feel guilty for what happened."

"It's hard, Y/N... You were my best friend and I should have been there for you. I felt like history was repeating itself when you went missing. I don't want to keep ignoring you, I don't want to pretend you were never a part of my life. Whatever happened I still consider you my best friend. No one can replace you."

I smiled at her, feeling joy warm my troubled soul. "No one can replace you either, crazy."

"Y/N... can we restart? If you want, I'd like for us to amend our friendship. I want my best friendback if she accepts me."

I chuckled, "Yes, Naomi. I'd like that very much."

Naomi jumped from her chair and gave me a hug. She wasn't much of a hugger, which made the moment all the more special. After two years of no contact with my best friend I was able to fix our friendship.

"I missed you, you idiot!" She cried. I tightened our hug. "I missed you, too."

That morning I had regained a friend and became a maid of honor.

What I didn't know was that back at the palace in Asgard, the god of mischief opened his eyes for the first time.

A/N:

Hey yo! Y'all finally met Naomi. This was more of a filler chapter. Do we hate Odin? Yes.

Also I wanted to address. Don't feel embarrassed for crying when you feel sad. Let out the tears, don't hold them in. You are a person with feelings and the more you bottle up your feelings the more you'll hurt. One way or another the feelings will come out. So cry, express your feelings.

Anyway. For my Latino/Hispanic readers: Feliz Día De Reyes!!!! A comer se ha dicho!!!

So, this is all for today's chapter. Don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter and comment.

See you on the next update!!!

-Random Potato♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 495 14
I took his hands in mine frantically, causing his eyes to meet mine. "Then hand over the Tesseract and come home, Loki. Please." "I can't." H...
4.3K 424 26
Love is dangerous. One moment it may be light as a feather and beautiful as a sunrise, but the next it can prove to be the knife that stabs you in th...
5.2K 183 52
Long before the events of Thor and the Avengers, the god of mischief fell for a common Asgardian maiden. Late night meetings and secret rendezvous's...
4.5K 369 60
Loki meets you, a sweet girl named Gracie Andersen in New York while on the run and things don't go the way the God of Mischief expected. You turned...