The Don

By shawdss

Read to find out how Kiara Dawnes goes from a waitress in Los Angeles to the Queen of an empire and what her... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
PSA🗣🗣
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
68
69
70
Epilogue
71
New Story Alert🚨
Announcement 🚨
BIG THANKS
New Sequel? Spoiler Alert🚨
Blood War🩸

67

5K 167 45
By shawdss

Marcel

"You keep looking at me like that then you won't be leaving here in a hurry."

"Ayana what makes you think I'm in a hurry to leave? I'm late as it is." I chuckled.

"Exactly Marcel so you don't have time for whatever is going through your dirty mind." She laughed backing away making me stop in my tracks.

"I was thinking of taking a nap clearly I'm not the one with the dirty mind." I teased.

"Please I know you better than that Marcel. How long have we been together?" She questioned with a smirk.

"Far too long." I groaned jokingly.

"You play too much Marcellous."
She pouted like she was affected by my comment but I knew better because I too knew her well enough. Ayana loves when I'm playful and teasing her like this.

"I love you." I said seriously as I pulled her in my arms.

"Really? Are you certain?" She raised a brow.

"I've never been more certain about anything in my life. You'll be my wife one day."

"What makes you say that?"

"The way I love you like you're the only thing in this world. You're the most important thing to me."

"Oh so I'm a thing now?" She teased.

"Sei la mia persona finché ho il respiro nei polmoni."
(You are my person as long as I have the breath in my lungs.) I spoke wholeheartedly as I gazed at her brown eyes.

"E tu Marcellous Romano sei l'amore della mia vita e lo sarai anche dopo che avremo incontrato il nostro creatore."
(And you Marcellous Romano are the love of my life and you will be even after we have meet our creator.)

"I'll be sure to leave instructions so those words are engraved on my tomb stone after I pass." I joked.

"Sono così fortunato ad aver tirato fuori il pagliaccio e il romantico dai fratelli Romano. Sei davvero un pacchetto completo, Marcel."
(I am so lucky to have brought the clown and romantic out of the Romano brothers. You really are a complete package, Marcel.)

"Solo per te amore mio"
(Only for you my love) I placed a kiss on her forehead and released her so that I could get dressed. I sent Dario a text informing him that I went home to change and would be arriving shortly.

"You look perfect Marcel now quit looking at yourself and get going." Ayana fussed at me.

"Do I honestly or you're just rushing me out to avoid your naughty thoughts?" I joked making her groan in slight annoyance.

She was about to give a comeback when my cellphone rang from an unsaved number. I answered the call but remained silent.

Mr R-Romano

Who is this?

S-sir i-it is the c-chief of po-lice sir

Why are you calling me?

Sir I'm sorry to disturb but w-we have a s-situation

Stop Stuttering and spit it out!

Sir Rafael Romano has been shot

Where is he?
At the Rue's.

I'll be there shortly.

"Who was that?" Ayana asked after I ended the call.

I knew the Rues was the underground location for tonight's auction. I never attended these events because I was never in agreement with kidnapping women farless teens. Worse yet to auction them off like they were antics for sale. Rafael was into that sort of thing and no one could ever change him out of his ways. Dario simply accompanies him most times to observe the event but he has never actually contributed.

Rafael has been shot before but what bothered me was the chief police calling me about it. Something was wrong I just couldn't guess what it was but I had a bad feeling. I kept my composure though I didn't need Ayana worrying about me.

"Change of plans I need to get to my brother. He's been shot."

"What? Who, Dario?"

"No Rafael, don't worry I'm sure it's nothing you know my brothers. I'll see you when I get back."

"Okay be safe."
As I left the house I called Dario to see if he knew anything. Surprisingly I had no knowledge of what was going on. That didn't sit right with me at all.

Kiara

"So you have no idea what's going on?"

"Nope."

"Look Lorenzo all I know is that one minute I was faking a conversation with some snobby old lady and the next Dario was asking you to take me home. I have no idea where he went but he hasn't been home yet." I added.

"Kiara, Rafael was murdered last night."

"What? By who?"

"There was a raid at the auction that he was attending and he got into an altercation with an officer. He killed one and then two others shot and killed him."

"Wow." Literally the only thought that crossed my mind. I had already established that the Romano brothers were invincible. Who would've thought they can actually die. I don't care enough to feel remorse for Rafael but I'm not heartless enough to rejoice over his death either.

I hated him yes, I mean why wouldn't I? While I was at one of my lowest points in life he kidnapped my best friend. Then he put her through both physical and mental abuse. Kiana, the sweetest person I know and the best friend that I've had all my life. She deserved nothing that Rafael had put her through during the last two years.

I've learnt that he was as ruthless as Dario and in all meaning of the word wicked. He killed for thrill, kidnapped and sold women—girls even, he abused, tortured and even raped. He may have been handsome but he was truly disgusting. If anything I feel a little bad for Marcellous. He's the most decent and genuine of all the brothers. I may be an only child but I can imagine it's painful to lose a sibling—someone you've had in your life from the moment you were born. Dario doesn't seem like the type to get emotional over these things after all he didn't seem to care too much when their dad got killed during the war.

"OH MY GOD WHAT ABOUT KIANA!?"

"She should be safe at his residence. She was not wit him at the auction."

"Okay but still she must be confused, can we go get her please?"

"I will have to speak to Don, I can't make that decision on my own."

"Okay fine let me take a shower." I said dashing up the stairs.

Satisfied with my casual fit I went downstairs in search of Lorenzo but there was no sign of him. I went to the second floor where I know his room and Valentino's room is locates.

Standing outside his door, I couldn't help but to feel nervous. I never had to come looking for Lorenzo in his room he was always the one to be up and ready first. I knocked on the door softly and waited but got no response. Noticing that the door was ajar I cautiously tried poking my head through. "Lorenzo?" I couldn't actually see much with the angle I was at but I heard him speaking. I pushed the door a little wider and took a few steps into the room. It was much neater than I would've predicted and had a woody scent to it. My knees almost gave way when my eyes landed on Lorenzo.

"Is something the matter Kiara?"
He asked as I watched him put his phone down.

"Huh? Why would you ask that?"I remarked stupidly.

"Is there a reason you're in my room?"
He raised a perfect brow. I could've bang my head on the fuccin door. Did I carelessly forget that I was the intruder here?

"I was looking for you then I was calling you but y-you didn't answer me!"I defended.

"I took a shower and I just ended a call with Don, he gave the okay to pick up your friend."

"Oh"I uttered.

"How did he sound?"

"You want to ask me that after I get dressed?"He asked sounding amused.

"N-nevermind I'll be downstairs!" I said practically running out of his room.
*
*
"IT'S A FUCCIN MIRACLE KIARA! I COULD BE FREE!"

"Shh calm down Kiana before someone hears you."

"Calm down? How could I? It's like a prisoner's first day out. Baby I'm fresh out!" She lAughed.

"I have a feeling it won't be as simple as just buying a plane ticket and leaving the country. You were exposed to quite a bit what if they fear that you'll snitch-

"Snitch to fuccin who Kiara? Besides I'm well aware of the power psycho Dario and Marcel hold. I wouldn't dare say a word. I want no fuccin parts of this life anymore. I never wanted it in the first place I just got dragged into it because."

"Because of me, that's what you were going to say right?"

"Kiara-

"No please continue. Don't you dare bite your tongue now. I wanna hear it. They say an angry tongue is an honest one so let's hear how much you really blame me for this. I fucc'd up your life right?"

"Don't do this. I'm sorry you know I don't blame you. I know you would've never wanted this for me Kiara. It's just frustrating you know. Rafael's gone and I could possibly be stuck here still. Oh God what if they kill me?"

"What, why would anybody want to kill you Kiana?"

"With Rafael gone I'm literally collateral damage. You-You're a whole wife to the fuccin Don and the mother of his child but me, I'm nobody."

"You're my best friend."

"SO WHAT? You think they give a shxt!?"

"Trust me, I won't let anyone harm you Kiana."

"You couldn't save me from Rafael, what makes now so different." She mumbled softly. Her words actually stung mainly because I knew they were true. Still, I may be protected and hold some power but against the Romano brothers, that doesn't hold. I would've never been able to go against Rafael. However, Marcel certainly will never hurt Kiana. He has no reason to and if Dario is indeed that persistent and desperate to continue being cordial with me he may just listen to me and allow Kiana to walk away from all of this for good.

Marcel & Ayana's relationship is so cute right?🥺

Rafael is really dead I don't know why some disappointed & y'all hated the guy😭 lmao sorry not sorry

What y'all think gon happen with Kiana👀
And why nobody talking about how fine Lorenzo is🥺

....a few chapters left😢

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

474K 14.8K 38
| P S Y C H O - T H R I L L E R | "People come and go, Some will stay but will eventually leave. But there are people who will come in your life, wil...
258K 5.6K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
12.3K 393 35
You know the feeling when the whole world turns against you? When no one listens to you nor acknowledge you? And then in the end your all alone, well...
6.8K 454 11
"You think you can take her away from me?....Touch her and you'll be begging for death the next minute" -------- "Get your filthy hands away from my...