Vehement Love!

By PoisonAndMystery

Layla Sheldon a beautiful, gorgeous, rich, independent and a very talented girl. Layla is a perfect daughter... More

CAST
Prologue
Chapter 1: Dad Please!
Chapter 2: Wedding Invitations
Chapter 3: The Rich Girls
Chapter 4: Ethan...
Chapter 5: Better and Better
Chapter 6: She is Divine
Chapter 7: He whispered, again.
Chapter 8: In Love
Chapter 9: Emily(no-saint)Georgia
Chapter 10: *Bachelorette Party*
Chapter 11: Layla & Reed
Chapter 13: Honeymoon
Chapter 14: Venice

Chapter 12: Wedding Reception

124 3 0
By PoisonAndMystery

"Layla, even though we barely know each other, you have been more of a friend to me in these few days than my actual friends have ever been in years. I'll try my best to keep you happy in these 2 years and also after that. Even though we don't love each other, you've grown to become an important part of my life. Even if this marriage is just an arrangement, I've gained a friend for life and I plan on spending my best moments with you in these couple of years. So Layla, I promise to cherish you always, to honour and sustain you, in sickness and in health, in poverty and in wealth and to be true and loyal to you until this agreement do us part." I whispered in Layla's ear and pulled back to watch her reaction. And it was worth it.

Her smile stretched, light in her eyes brightened and glow on her face shone even more than it did before. Now her smile reached her eyes and red tainted her cheeks.

"God! You're so dramatic." She let out a full blown laugh and all the guests laughed with her even though they didn't know what's being said among the two of us.

Layla lean forward, our lips mere inches apart but instead of touching my lips, she tilted her neck and in turn whispered her vows in my ear.

"After your dramatic speech I don't think I can top that, but all I'm gonna say is that Reed, you're one of the few people who saw the real me. You are among the first ones to notice that there lies a cheerful girl beneath the ruthless façade. And even after knowing some of my teen history you didn't judge me, you saw that there's more to me. You became my friend when I needed it the most and yes I plan on fulfilling my promise that I made to you that day in the cafe; that you won't ever feel sad or lonely. So Reed, hereby, I promise to cherish you too, to respect and honour you, in sickness and in health, in poverty and in wealth and to be true to you in all things until this agreement do us part." She pulled back with a warm smile on her face.

"Relieved to see I'm not the only one who's dramatic." I chuckled while giving her hands a gentle tug.

After the vows, the officiant called for the wedding bands, Ethan behind me, kept Layla's ring in my waiting hand, and I slowly slid the ring in Layla's gorgeous fingers. Who knew hands could be so beautiful.

It was time for the final declaration of intent, I began speaking again, "With this ring I, Reed Valentine, take you, Layla Sheldon, to be no other than yourself. Loving what I know of you, and trusting what I do not yet know, I will respect your integrity and have faith in your abiding love for me, through all our years, and in all that life may bring us."

Charlotte opened a small case and pulled out a delicate band and pushed it in Layla's direction. Layla gently slid it on my fingers and repeated the same words as I did.

"By the power vested in me by the state of New York, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride."

I leaned in and pulled her close to me by wrapping an arm around her waist and held her right hand in mine and left a lingering kiss on the corner of her mouth, we stood there for a few seconds, but eventually I had to let go of her hand.

During those moments I totally forgot that a crowd of around 50 was watching us, simultaneously cheering and howling and clapping.

I looked around to see, some had gotten up from their seat as if it was too hard for them to contain their excitement, some were clapping, while my mother was crying happy tears.

Seemed like people were happier than the bride and groom itself. Media at the back were clicking pictures, knowing all too well that these pictures were going to make the front page of many business magazines, journals and newspapers.

After the wedding ceremony, we were lead to a huge lawn, for the reception.

The lawn was decorated beautifully with same flowers as the wedding aisle and arch outside in the garden; hydrangeas and white roses. Silver net fabric covered the pillars in spiral with white-golden fairy light stuck along the fabric. The chandelier hung mid-air casted the perfect golden light that made the black-golden tiles sparkle even more which was spread along the raised platform in the middle of the lawn.

Apart from the pillars and chandelier, in a vast corner, a perfect little club type dance floor was also set up with a chandelier hung from the suspended fairy lights in that corner; switched off for now. And in the opposite extreme corner of the dance floor, a bar was situated, which was already crowded by guests. Some chairs and tables were kept at the farthest edge of the lawn. The whole room gave Victorian era vibes with its centre saved for bride and groom's first dance.

Layla and I were rushed in the middle of the ballroom by my mother for our first dance. At first I was really awkward because all eyes were focused on us and I wasn't much of a dancer. Though surprisingly I did know how to waltz around which was not required but it did help in keeping up with the steps of your partner.

Layla smiled up at me, still 5-6 inches shorter than me even in her insanely tall heels. My anxiety went out of the window, just seeing her merely smile. I pulled her closer to me with my one hand wrapped around her small waist and the other traced her skin from her elbow to her forearm to finally her fingers as mine gently caressed her and a surge of electricity tingled from her fingertips and reached mine.

"I don't see you wearing red, Cherry. You always wear something red with all your outfits."

Her smile lit her whole face and the corner of her eyes crinkled, "a new nickname again? But I like it. And you creep, how did you notice all that?" She laughed and then instantly a mischievous grin appeared on her face and she moved back from my embrace.

At first I felt cold with loss of her warm, milky skin against mine. But then my grin grew even bigger as she pulled up her dress a little and showed me her gorgeous red heels, after that she came back again in my arms, in the same position as we were before.

The song video games by Lana Del Rey started playing. And we swayed together and twirled together and laughed together. She slightly dipped her head back and twirled and rolled back in my arms. I pulled her even closer to me.

People who were watching us, might think we were in love but only our family knew the reality but they were happy nonetheless.

Layla and I parted as the song changed and the mood of the crowd instantly changed as an upbeat song started playing.

Gimme more by Britney Spears!

Our family and friends instantly joined us on the dance floor and the lightings changed from golden to silver disco lights.

Now the dance floor was filled with people dancing together on the song.

Layla just held onto my hand and we did some crazily stupid dance moves together. Nobody noticed us but it was so much fun, dancing with her, completely forgotten about the worries of my everyday life. I guess this is what she meant when she said, I'll never be sad again after meeting her.

I stopped to just watch her dance; looking so bewitching. All her good and bad dance moves just showed how happy she was. And I just captured this moment in my mind, so that I won't ever forget this.

Seeing me watching her, she stopped too and we just stood their looking at each other. Silently conversing through our eyes. Her ink black eyes, still hid so many secrets like the day I first met her, the secrets I'm looking forward to know. Her smile still so pure and innocent and her hair so red; just like flames. God really did take time to make her, with all those elaborate and excruciatingly divine features.

"Did I tell you that you're looking absolutely gorgeous today?"

Layla bit her lips and shook her head as a blush tainted her cheeks. "And did I tell you that you're looking breathtakingly handsome today?" She countered.

I laughed and just shook my head in reply.

"Well you do, and seems like all the ladies have a permanent glare fixed on me since the beginning of the ceremony; even the married ones." We laughed together, but it quickly disappeared when I watched one person, who I never wanted to talk to again, walked towards us.

Jordan

He approached us with a lethal grin on his face, "Hello cousin," he said shifting his gaze to Layla, "looks like you grabbed the prettier one out of the two sisters," he extended his hand forward for Layla to take. Slowly, unwillingly she shook his hand, and as if that wasn't enough he brought it to his lips and pecked it.

"I must say cousin, I never thought you'll get any girl, since you were so hell-bent on making Emily yours. But I was so wrong, she's lovelier than our Emily, isn't she?" he said again, his eyes taking every inch of her face.

Only I knew how much I was controlling myself from punching this bastard in the face. My blood boiled as I watched him still holding Layla's hand. Shifting my gaze from him to Layla, I saw it now.

Why everyone called her ruthless and heartless and inhumane.

The look plastered on Layla's face said it all. Completely stoic, not even an inch of movement in those beautiful features, but her black eyes as if got their own words. Disgust, distaste, abhorrence, a whirlpool of hatred swirled in her eyes all together that came out as one in a glare.

A glare so relentless and brutal, almost barbaric, that would have people running for their dear lives. A burning gaze that Jordan saw too and flinched slightly but covered it, hastily leaving the hand that he was holding.

"Glad to finally meet you, ice queen of the business world." He smirked.

"Glad to meet you too, you unimportant stranger by the conversation who I have guessed to be the cousin that nobody likes. Am I right, Reed?" She said caustically, in her faint British accent and turned to look at me. Not trusting my voice I just nodded my head.

She shifted her gaze to Jordan again, "so you're just gonna compliment me or congratulate us too?"

Caught off guard, Jordan forced himself to congratulate us both, as he lied through his teeth and gave us a fake smile. But Layla wasn't done with him yet, "so where is that ungrateful Emily? Is she still her self-centred self or she finally grew up?" Layla said looking around the crowd, as if to find Emily standing somewhere in the middle.

Not knowing how to answer Jordan kept his mouth shut. Looking at him again, "You don't know where your lover is?"Layla said with venom coating her each and every word, "ohh, you poor baby, she left you too after using you for money, didn't she?" Her expressions changed accordingly. Jordan baffled by the revelation, just turned on his heels and left.

Finally Layla looked at me again and she chuckled, "So did I manage the situation correctly?"

"Geez woman, you were brutal, he got his ass handed back to him. Did you see his face?" I laughed loudly, throwing my head back. She just grinned and joked, "Not bragging, but I do have that affect on people."

"Yes you do darling, yes you do." I laughed again.

After the dance and cake-cutting ceremony. It was finally the time to leave.

Layla met her family, their eyes full of tears and her dad cried even more than her mom. She hugged them one by one while I stood with my family, waiting for her to come.

After a long drive, we reached our "equally paid" house. Servants carried her stuff to her room. Without waiting another second she went to her room too. I was still in the living room when my phone rang.

It was from an Unknown Number, I hesitated before picking it up but eventually did. On the other line I heard a familiar female saying, "Heard you got married today, Reed." And my heart stopped.

It was Emily on the other line...

..................................................................

Reception Lawn

Wedding bands

Vote and comment lovelies💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 2.5K 27
Cheating With The Billionaire | Previously Titled HER NEW DADDY . . . The man that I'm falling for is a man that I shouldn't want. The odds a...
18.5K 1.1K 19
#featured #216 in Romance #42 in ChikLit Faye rolled her eyes. "You're such a loser." "And you're so hot in that." She looked at him and found him st...
10.2K 292 30
James knight is the CEO of a huge company, and not to mention he is a billionaire. James is looking for a relationship someone who he will love, and...
10.3K 362 32
As Brent (28) and Jessica (24) confront their pasts, they uncover deep-seated secrets that threaten not only their relationship but also the stabilit...