Silver Lining

By RUNA_HADES

Secret Organization. White Star. Sealed God. They are all gone now. Peace has come again to the Western and E... More

Hotteok?
Nostalgia
Team Leader
Promise
Her
Our Past
Our Past II
Our Past III
Raisa
Raisa II
Raisa III
Jung Yeon Hwa
How Peaceful
God of Death
Cherished One
Forgotten
You Are Not Alone
Silver and Black
Little One
How Did You Know?
HIATUS
QnA Part 1
QnA Part 2
QnA Part 3
Deja Vu
The Present
Festival II
Festival III
Memories
The Butler and The Chef
The Lady
Archmage
The Rose, The Lights & The Darkness
HIATUS 2
Special AU Part 1
Special AU Part 2
Special AU Part 3
Special AU Part 4
Side Story
Invitation
New Moonlight
Healer
Zero Failure
Dinner
Losing Her
✨2023✨
Habit
Suncatcher
Siblings
Embrace
The Diary
Together
Family
Puzzle City
The Heart and Soul
Hairpin
The Dukedom
His Guest
Hangul
Kim Soo Yeon

Festival

2.6K 216 22
By RUNA_HADES

"Wooooooooooo-!"

"Waaaaaaaaaaaah-!"

The cheerings and the peals of merry laughter could be heard anywhere in Henituse Territory.

The sight of the flower petals thrown around the street of the Rain City attracted all the visitors from around the Western and Eastern Continents.

Despite the cold weather, it looks like a warm spring has arrived as the road is covered with colorful flower petals.

"It's different than Seollal. It feels like I am in West country."

The ladies walking down the street wearing long thick dresses with scarves.

The men wearing different attires than people on Earth wearing.

Their appearances are also poles apart from Asians.

"It's a really different world."

The various colors of hairs, eyes, and skins as well as existences that only could be seen through fantasy novels are the evidence.

The silver eyes inspected the lifeforms outside her bakery through the big window.

Humans. Elves. Dark Elves. Dwarves. Tiger Tribes. Wolf Tribes.

"I shouldn't stay idle, this place is going get packed soon."

The ash brown-haired lady averted her eyes and continue wiping the tables and the counter.

As she wipes the counter, she noticed something that doesn't suit her bakery interior.

Her bakery is just a tiny humble premise for commoners.

The thing in front of her is something either nobles or mages use.

The shiny magic communication device.

"I still can't believe he just gave me this. Especially with the highest grade magic stone in it."

She grabbed the device carefully like it's the most precious thing in the room.

Well, the most expensive to be accurate.

She delicately put it in the counter drawer to make it easy for her to get it if the certain redhead calls her.

Before she closed the drawer, a blue light appears on the device.

That means one thing.

There is a voice message was left.

"Hmm? Why did he suddenly send me a message?"

She pushed the button.

A voice flows out from the device.

Happy New Year, Team Leader Jung.

'...Korean. I didn't expect to hear it again. Wait, did he just awake from sleep?'

The voice that she recognized was deeper than usual.

'I bet this magic stone that the children woke him up for the festival.'

A smile plastered on the lady's face.

Hearing someone wish her Happy New Year in her mother tongue puts her in a good mood even though it's gonna be a busy day for her.

– I will visit today. See you later, Raisa.

Click!

Then, the message ended.

"That's all?"

It's a neat and clean message. 

Ironically suits the person who sent it.

She scoffed openly and pushed another button.

"Happy New Year to you too, Team Leader Kim."

She replied to her long-time working partner in their native language.

At that time, her silver eyes glint with the mischievous.

"I am looking forward to your visit, Young Master Silver Shield."

Raisa pushed the same button and looked at the blue light again indicate that the voice message was sent.

She closed the drawer and continue her job.

As she finished cleaning up the bakery, she heard the bell ring alongside a mother and son's voices.

"Welcome to Sunshine Bakery."

"Raisa Noona!"

"Gael! Don't run, you will trip."

The mother shouted at her son who was running to Raisa.

Raisa opened her arms and received the little boy's hug.

"It's been a long time, Noona!"

"Indeed, Gael. How's the journey?"

"It's fun! I visited every place Hero Silver Light-nim saved!"

The boy in front of her is Gael Orville.

The only son of the Orville family.

It's a small merchant family.

However, they are working under the largest merchant guild on Western Continent, the Flynn Merchant Guild.  

That's how the little boy could travel around Western Continent together with his mother.

"Really? So you went Ubaar Territory, Puzzle City, and George of Death?"

"There's no more George of Death after Roan Empire and the Breck Kingdom destroyed it! But, yes! I also went to the Caro Kingdom, Jungle, and the Paerun Kingdom!"

"How nice! Our Gael is so lucky."

The mother looked at the owner of the bakery and her 8 years old son talking to each other cheerfully.

Her son who used to not talk to anyone except herself, his own mother now talks to Raisa comfortably.

At first meeting Raisa, Gael still couldn't talk to her until she noticed a book in his small hands.

"Isn't that ' The Legend of Young Master Silver Shield ' second volume?"

"Y-yes?"

"How did you get it, little boy? I just only received the first volume."

The silver eyes looked at the book with admiration.

Raisa has been awaiting the biography of 'Cale Henituse' since the war ended.

It's not because she's a fan of him, she likes to read his journey even though she knew most of them were exaggerated in Guardian Knight Clopeh Sekka's point of view.

It's quite well known in Western Continent that the Guardian Knight of North admires the protagonist of the book very much.

"I am still waiting for the second volume. The last part is about Young Master Cale used his hidden ancient power, the stone spears also known as The Scary Giant Cobblestone ancient power. I have a few assumptions but I want to read it so bad..."

"N-noona. What d-do you think will happen after that?"

Gael stuttered so much that his face reddened brightly.

He was not used to talking to others as people around him just looking at him as a stepping stone to have a connection with the Flynn Merchant Guild.

However, he can't help but talk to the older sister in front of him.

He has feelings she's different than anyone else and also it looks like they have the same interest.

Raisa smiles warmly at the boy and shares her opinion.

"Based on Young Master Cale's personality, instead of getting rest leaving the rest to his subordinates or chasing after the Bear Tribes and Flames Dwarves Tribe..."

The silver eyes curled up while thinking about the Supreme Commander of the Roan Empire.

'Former' Commander, that what he said.

"...he will deal with the fallen 'strongest' enemy first. The Dragon Half-Blood."

"Noona...is amazing!"

Both the women in the bakery sprang hearing the loud shout from the timid boy just now.

The mother's eyes widened looking at her son's behavior.

"Everything is so accurate! That's right, Hero Silver Light went to the fallen enemy and leave the chasing part to the Archmage Rosalyn! But we don't know what's the real situation as he's surrounded by groups of crows! Also―"

"H-hold on, young man! No spoilers! I haven't read, even less receive the book yet!"

Raisa put her hand over Gael's mouth to prevent any word come out.

She looked so flustered as she did so.

That's how desperate she want to read afterward of the story instead of hearing from another.

"Pfft! Puhahaha Hahaha!"

A burst of bright laughter echoed the small bakery.

Gael laughs so hard until he tears up.

Raisa's looked confused at the sight and turn her head to the mother.

"M-madam?"

She's more confused and panicking as she looked at the tears falling from the mother's light brown eyes.

It's the tears of happiness to be revealed by the view of her son laughing cheerfully for once in a long time.

'After that, Raisa and Gael who stopped laughing tried their best to calm me down. What an adorable pair of children.'

The mother looked at the lady and the little boy conversed energetically with loving eyes.

"Did you finish the second volume already, Raisa Noona?"

"I just finished it a few days ago. Why you asked, Gael?"

The second volume biography of ' The Legend of Young Master Silver Shield ' was given to her by Gael in the past.

She read it from time to time when there's no customer.

"Tada! I got the third volume as I arrived in the Paerun Kingdom! It's a gift for you, Noona!"

"Gael..."

Raisa looked touched as she received the book.

She looked more touched than receiving the rare highest grade magic stone video communication from the honored Young Master Silver Shield.

She wanted to hug the little child but couldn't do so as she heard the bell ring.

Two people wearing robes entered the bakery.

The taller one carried two kittens in his arms.

A silver one and a dark red one.

The one who stands in front of them has a unique aura around him and Raisa recognized it.

'Raon Miru.'

– See you later, Raisa.

'This is later? I thought you guys came at the same time as before...What a troublemaker.'

Raisa glared at the two men in the robes intensely.

Both of them flinched.

"Oh my. You have customers, Raisa."

"Oh no, Madam Orville. They are my acquaintances."

She smiled reassuringly towards the head of the Orville family.

She patted the boy's hair and looked at him with warm eyes like the glaring just now was an illusion.

"Madam, Gael, please take a look at the bread, pastries, and desserts first as I need to greet my friends. Also, they are the New Year edition by the way."

"Sure, Raisa."

"I will choose a lot, Raisa Noona!"

Raisa chuckled softly looking at the bright expression of the little boy.

Then, she looked at her Korean fellows and tilted her head hinting them to follow her to the kitchen.

As soon as they stepped into the kitchen, one of them opened his mouth.

"Rai―"

"Shhh!"

The lady put her index finger on the young master's lips.

The young master widened his eyes because of her abrupt action.

"Little Raon. Can you make either this room soundproof or change Cale's and Choi Han-nim's voices?"

– It's easy as drinking a cold soup, Sweet Raisa!

She could hear the cute young dragon's voice in her head.

At that moment, she could feel something covering the room and she 'observed' the invisible orb of mana above her head.

'Soundproof magic...Dragon is really great and mighty.'

It was the first time for her to see magic as that fundamental didn't exist in her previous world.

"Why suddenly use the soundproof magic?"

"You are popular. Those two outside are from the merchant family, they could recognize you guys' voices right away."

"What's wrong with it?"

Raisa looked at him in disbelief.

She then averted her silver eyes from the redhead young master to the black-haired swordmaster.

"He hasn't changed?"

"He hasn't changed."

"Choi Han-nim, you suffered quite a bit."

"I am getting used to it. But, thank you very much."

Pat. Pat.

Raisa patted the young lad's shoulder with full encouragement and pity.

'What the hell? What kind of conversation are they having without me?'

Cale looked toward them with a shocked expression as both of them are just met each other a few days ago but were already this close.

"Why are you here?"

"What? You don't like I am here?"

"It's not like that. Don't you need to spend time with your family now? I thought you are going to visit in the evening like always."

The reason Cale stays in Henituse Manor instead of his luxurious Super Rock Villa and the Black Castle is that he promised his little siblings, Basen and Lily, to spend time together in New Year Festival.

He's someone who always kept his words and cares for his family.

He should have breakfast with the Henituse family but now the eldest young master visits the small bakery in the territory the first in the morning.

"In the morning, everyone was busy with preparation for the festival. I have nothing to do in the pretext of recuperating and resting."

Cale let down his robe and reveal his bright red-haired that remind people of the color of blood.

He combed his messy hair with his hand and continued his words.

"Also, the gathering will happen at dinner. That's why I am here now instead of the evening."

The redhead looked up.

His russet eyes meet the familiar moonlight-like eyes.

"I am here to help."

There is a lazy grin on the young master's face after leaving those words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 453 11
Choi Han woke up right next to the man that he once beat to a pulp. The last thing he remembered is fighting against the white star and now he was ly...
5.7K 263 7
Collections of Oneshots and special chapters [from my other book] 1. [The Green Dragon's Diary] -Cale Henituse never trusts his gut feelings. Be...
19.5K 1.5K 18
Cale henituse did 'not' survived after using instant. Time is morphed and crumbled after Cale used the said power, to prevent the chaos erupting, th...
160K 9.5K 39
What if The original Cale didn't got transferred to another world and stay in the original world? let us find out! Cale Henituse.. Cale has the title...