Nobody's Girl (British urban...

By shedontcurrr

sometimes hate can be the best love. More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14

10

540 51 13
By shedontcurrr

"I'm under the tree near the humanities block". Hazel spoke on the phone whilst I sneaked some chips out of her Sensations packet.

She playfully screwed me and I grinned.

"Yeh hurry up please I need my make up before these pictures are taken."

I couldn't hear who was on the other side, I guessed it was one of her friends.

"Just shut-up and bring my shit man." She ended the call and placed my phone back on my lap.

"I'm gonna be looking fleeky as hell." Hazel sung and clicked her fingers in excitement. We were having our school pictures taken today and she had insisted that she looked her best for it, as it was the last one till we leave secondary school. I, on the other hand couldn't care less.  Continued to plait her straightened hair into one.

I was just about reach into hazel's crisps bag once more when I heard footsteps of someone walking over the hill towards us. I didn't even have to look up to know who it was. It's like I had this radar that beeped whenever he was approaching.

"Ah, thank the Lord." Hazel grabbed a black purse out of Devonte's hands and left it on her bag.

"She says she's keeping the Mac pencil or some shit, just call her, I'm not involved." He mumbled and took a swing of Hazel's drink.

I tried to keep as occupied on my phone as I could. But in reality my stomach was just flipping and last Sunday's events played over and over in my head.

"Tell Rhys I'm gonna come and collect it tomorrow."

I pondered on how close hazel must've been to Devonte for her to be sharing make-up with Rhys.

He threw the bottle of Lucozade down beside Hazel's bag and stroked his facial hair. He had it shaped now, so his face looked even more masculine. I studied him way longer than I should've but I don't think he noticed.

"Yeh cos we're obvious best of friends right now." He spoke in a voice thick with sarcasm.

"Well no one told you to go gang-banging at fucking 3 in the morning, idiot."

He kissed his teeth. "I don't fucking need you to tell me what to do as well you know."

"Then who do actually expect to let you know when you're fucking shit up."

They argued like it was customary. I suddenly felt like I was intruding in whatever issues they were having.

Hazel looked towards me and rolled her eyes. He took this as a sign that the conversation had ended and walked off cursing.

"Don't look so paranoid MJ, we argue all the time."

I don't know what was worse, the fact that he looked right past me or the fact that I so wished he would talk to me again. I couldn't even believe I was having these thoughts about the same person who makes it extremely clear to me that he doesn't want anything to do with my existence.

"You still haven't told me what happened on Saturday."

I snapped out of my trance and looked at Hazel. She held in her left hand a bottle of water and in her right, she scrolled through her phone.

"Hmm..." I could hardly think straight because all I could hear was Devonte shouting across the field to his friends. It strikes me as ironic because last Sunday, at the café, all we did was stare at each other. But now, in school and wherever else I'd see him, he looked everywhere but at me. I don't know why his ignorance bothered me so much.

"I don't get you sometimes, you know?"

I looked at Hazel. "Whats there not to get?"

 "Well correct me if I'm wrong but you've got one of the hottest guys in school onto you, and here you are, mopping over a stupid boy who's clearly too fucked up in his head to care about anyone other than himself?"

I guessed Hazel was far more observant than I initially thought she was. I didn't want to talk about Devonte, so I hastily switched the conversation.

"He's on to me?" the words sounded foreign coming from my mouth.

She took a bite from her sandwich.  "Well he didn't go scouting for your number so he could send you updates on the weather hun."

I was so oblivious. Hazel obviously new more about this stuff than I did.

"I don't want to get my hopes up..."

"Trust me, I know what I'm talking about." She said with certainty. I was silent for a while. Just staring out into the field. The boys were arguing over the muddy ball again whilst the girls hung around the benches thirstily.

"To be honest, I don't know what I feel. Something close to confused, but not quite."

Hazel looked at me like I was mad. "What are you talking about?"

"I mean, he's been acting really nice to me over the past few days."

I played with the grass in my fingers. "And he smiles at me, a lot. But I know that it's only temporary and in time he'll get bored of my ass and go back to ignoring me again."

I shrugged. Hazel showed she was listening with her attentive expressions.

"So that's why I'm not getting my hopes up. I can't afford to be on to him too, if you get me?"

"Yeh man, I know that feeling."

"So what do I do? Like, how do I act?"

At this point, the bell had rang, signalling the end of our very short lunch-break. I swung on my bag and Hazel pulled up the zipper of her bomber jacket.

"Just go along with it. And if he, in anyway, acts like a dick, just let me know and I'll put him six feet under."

She finished her baguette in one bite. I smiled. She looked at me and grinned too.

"I'll text you, yeh?" she called out before walking to join Maesyn who was calling for her at the other side of the canteen which we'd entered. I tried ignore the weird looks her friends sent me as I made my way towards my Music class. I guess they hadn't gotten over Hazel speaking to me yet. I don't think anyone had. But I didn't really care much for that. It felt good to finally have someone to confide in.

I walked into music to find the class completely empty. The second bell had just rang so I knew I was late. I was just about to turn around and pull out my timetable to check I hadn't come for the wrong class or something, when my eyes met a figure.

I knew it was him without even having to look up at his face. He wore a dark hoody over his uniform and his gym bag was by his feet.

"MJ".

"Hi." I kept my gaze on my schedule. I definitely had Music.

He edged closer without warning. "I was looking for you at break."

"You were?"   

I plucked up some courage and looked up at him. He nodded.

Silence lingered in the air. I knew for a fact that we would get in trouble if we didn't find our class.

He shut the door and sat on the teacher's desk at the front of the class. The atmosphere became more private but remembering what Hazel had said about 'going with it' I felt less chocked.

"Come," His eyes demanded more than his gestures did. I dropped my bag and steadily strolled towards him.

I stood a good distance away from him but he surprised me by lightly grabbing my wrist and tugging me so that I shifted directly in front of him.

My breath got lost being so close to him but I tried to act as casual as he did.

"I wonna ask you something."

"Okay." My voice came out whispered.

 He wrinkled his brows and exhaled, rubbing his hands over his face. "What would you do if, I said I liked you?"

I fell silent and looked to his eyes for some sign of teasing, anything to say that was a joke. They were blank and gave away no clues.

"Well, I'd probably smile and call you a good lair."

His fingers began to rub against the top of my hand and could feel my breaths becoming deeper. "You can't tell me what I feel is a lie?"

"But you can't possibly feel anything for me." That came out more stern than I wanted it to. But I couldn't help myself. His words were foreign to me.

"Okay," He dropped his hands from mine and wrapped them around my waist instead. There was now virtually no space between us. My heart was beating way faster than it should have been and I was slowly coming to the late understanding that Robbie was a vampire. What other valid explanation could there be for the way he was giving me all these butterflies.

"How about if I told you I was serious, and that I actually like you?"

My eyes widened but I tried to hide my surprise. He was joking. This was a dare or something. And as much us my mind knew better, my heart wanted to play along.

The smile on his face became deeper. He took one hand from my waist and placed on the side of my face. I smiled back. I felt uneasy at the way he rubbed my temples and studied my lips.

Instinct caused me to run my tongue over them. I heard him draw breath.

"We're going to get in so much trouble if we don't turn up for Class."

"I don't care." He continued to gaze at me.

"Can I ask you something now?"

"Don't ask, just do it."

I looked to his lips as he spoke. They were nice. Not that I'd seen a lot to compare. But they were pink a full and I don't know what gave me the confidence to do so. Maybe because I thought he was stalling. But I kissed him.

It wasn't a wet kiss or anything. Just a small brush to let him know I'd fallen hard for him. I pulled away quickly when I realised he wasn't kissing me back. Now I've messed up. He was probably thinking different to me. I jumped to a conclusion way too fast.

I was just about to apologise when he pulled me back again. And this time with so much more urge than I ever thought he would, he kissed me.

Robbie kissed me and I was grinning like an idiot. It was so fast and unexpected. Unsettled in my mind.

He laughed against my lips and mumbled. "Kiss me back,"

And I did. My hands were roaming all over his body as his were on mine.

Oh God. I could barely catch a breath. As pathetic as it may sound, this was my first real kiss with a boy who really liked me. And all I could think about was fucking Devonte and the stupid peck he had given me at the Café.

But this was so perfect. It was not me, but damn it was perfect.

Never could I have imagined that someone like Robbie, would want anything to do with me.

He could have any other girl he wanted. All the really pretty girls in school were all onto him. Esme had already labled him as hers.

He was here, kissing me.

But I must have forgotten that in my world, things simply don't run in my favour. I'd love to have said that we stayed locked in the music room together till the end of school, and he had walked me home there after too.

That wasn't the reality, because just as Robbie was stroking my face and grabbing harder onto my waist. The door burst open and who else walked in other than a shock stricken Devonte.

Fucking Devonte.

Oh and Esme too who had dropped the pen she held in her hand.

Like really, God? Really?

**

so I know this is really short and probably not that engaging but i logged in today and saw 130votes and i couldnt leave the book for any longer. thank you so much for the love honestly

dont forget to vote on this too xxxxxxxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40K 1.3K 33
"๐–๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ, ๐ˆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ˆ ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐š๐ฌ๐ค ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐ฑ๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง, ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐š๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ญ...
1.3M 66.9K 45
๐—›๐—ฒ'๐˜€ ๐—›๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฆ๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐—ฃ๐—ผ๐˜€๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€๐—ผ๐—ฟ
27.1K 996 43
โœจIt's complicatedโœจ ....read to know what's gon happen Follow me for updates
72.9K 1.8K 36
โ Hell is one place to go; yet so is love. โž Copyright ยฉ 2018 Minidolan. All rights reserved.