Rimuru's Restart

By NamelessStoriess

Rimuru Tempest is the Strongest Fighter in the tensei slime universe at the end of the series! so let's take... More

Prologue : Rimuru's Real Capabilities
Prologue: Walpungris commenced
Prologue: Heptagram
Prologue: Hope
Chapter 1: Restart
Chapter 2: Founding The Village
Chapter 3: Big Family
Chapter 4: Rimuru vs Dwargon
Chapter 5: Girl with a mask
Chapter 6: Shizu
Chapter 7: Friends
Chapter 8: Rimuru & Shizu vs Ogres
Chapter 9: Prelude to Disaster
Chapter 10: Military Improvements
Chapter 11: Night of preparation
Chapter 12 : Orc Battle
Chapter 13: Orc Battle Conclusion
Chapter 14: Jura Tempest Federation?
Chapter 15: Demon lord Milim attacks
Chapter 16: Demon Lord Milim's Visit
Chapter 17: Demon lord Milim's Power
Chapter 18: Shizu vs Milim
Chapter 19: Timeline Changes
Chapter 20: Behind the scenes
Chapter 21: Charybdis Prologue
Chapter 22: Charybdis
Chapter 23: The Black Devil and The Fire Spirit
Chapter 24: The Hero of Flames
Chapter 25: Drago Nova
Chapter 26: The Irregularity
Chapter 27: Dynasty
Chapter 28: Destined One
Chapter 29 : Developments before Ingrassia and the Underworld
Chapter 30: Dreadful Corps
Chapter 31: Decision
Chapter 32: Luminous Valentine and A-rank Adventurer
Chapter 33: Yuuki Kagurazaka
Chapter 34: Teacher's Role
Chapter 35: Hidden Schemes
Chapter 36: Malevolent Arrangements
Chapter 37: Evolution and Ascension
Chapter 38: Rimuru vs Hinata
Chapter 39: Retribution
Chapter 40: Difference in Class
Chapter 41: Superiority
Chapter 42: Nightmare for the Western Nations
Chapter 43: Prelude to Demon lord's Gathering
Chapter 44: Honjou Masayuki
Chapter 45: Hostile Guests
Chapter 46: Tempest's True Potential
Chapter 47: Eve of Battle
Chapter 48: Difference
Chapter 49: The Omen to Begin the Banquet
Chapter 50: Primordial Demons
Chapter 51: The Octagram Demon Lords Soars Brightly
Chapter 51.5: Veldora's Slime Podcast
Chapter 52: After Walpurgis
Chapter 53: Concealed Assistance
Chapter 54: Letter of Challenge
Chapter 55: Tempest vs Holy knights Part 1
Chapter 56: Tempest vs Holy knights Part 2
Chapter 57: Tempest vs Holy knights Part 3
Chapter 58: Rimuru vs Humanity's Greatest Regiment
Chapter 59: Rimuru vs Chaos Dragon
Chapter 60: Reconciliation
Chapter 61: Tournament Participants
Chapter 62: Human-monster summit First Half
Chapter 63: Human-monster Summit Second Half and The Labyrinth
Chapter 64: Short Stories of Day 1 of the Glamorous Festival
Chapter 65: Short Stories of Day 2 of the Glamorous Festival
Chapter 66: Everybody's Day in the Festival
Chapter 67: Preliminary round! The Orcs Honor
Chapter 68: Preliminary round! Tartarus: The Battle of the Devils
Intermission: The Eastern Empire Began to Move
PDF of Rimuru's Restart DRAFT
I don't knowww!
Read Afterword

Chapter 69: The Real Conclusion of the Battle of the Devils

3K 63 11
By NamelessStoriess

Ultima, Carrera, and Testarossa. Their battle heated up in the orange afternoon sky. Their long, powerful battle catch the eyes of many agents across the world. They battled out using magic without incantation, and the output is extraordinary either. Without any delay from incantation, without a single magicule wasted. That's how advanced these highest echelon devils battle.

The only distinction we can point out is that. While Carrera is relying more on greater output, Testarossa is doing more on the strategic side. But with Ultima's element, she can harm more the only question is how to inflict her attack. Since these devils are really good at fighting. While they are successfully ejecting their powerful seizures they evade each other's attack accordingly.

It's a three-way stand-off, a battle royal in which everyone is your enemy and you can only rely on yourself.

Their long battle lasted until late afternoon, and just when we can see signs of them being worn off. Normally, they can battle for days and probably months or years. But the output they are discharging is draining years' worth of magicules.

"Damn it, why don't you just go down already?" 

Carrera outrageously stammered.

"As if, I would be defeated by Carrera."

Not going down either, Ultima declared while heavily panting.

"Wait. Let's just think of it as who is the best contender in the quarterfinals which shall represent the entirety of our brigade."

Testarossa proposed, but in response, the two went ferocious.

"Don't screw with me. Are you telling me to resign because you are more suited? then shall we find that out?"

"I am just saying that for the better good of the Black numbers."

In reality, Testarossa couldn't care less in their brigade. While they are a brigade they often fight for Rimuru's attention, she is self eccentric, she will only do what'll benefit her.

"Do you have a death wish? then I shall grant it for you."

"No think about it for a second, Diablo is correct. Lord Rimuru's other servants are not to poke fun of. If one of us is not worthy and luckily won the match. You'll be facing off against Kijins, Stellarwolves, and other unknown species serving under Lord Rimuru."

All of this is in just Testarossa's play at words. In the beginning, she had no intention of persuading them, her true intention is to rile them up and buy time.

Just as she anticipated like she previously had used. A concealed magic circle fired from the ground. But there is no use. Carrera didn't flinch fully knows what her limits are.

As the attack closely approaches her from point-blank range. Carrera deflected it like it's a volleyball using her bare arms.

"It's no use, you can use any deceit you can. But in the end, you used too many reserves fighting Diablo that you have nothing left to even present an honorable fight."

Deception is used to maneuver strategies. Nonetheless, that being said you need the proper power to deliver the finishing blow. That's how Testarossa fell short. It's true that with her intellect it's easy to maneuver something, however, she doesn't have the reserves to deliver a final blow making her defeat assured.

Trying her best to not show it to her face but it's all over for her.

Testing out Carrera's statement. Ultima dashed in and attacks Testarossa physically. Her punches truly are extraordinary, but Ultima is actually holding back. It is still extraordinary but for a Primordial demon, it's not even an attacking punch worth noting. On that level of attack, it reaches Testarossa's face which barely left her conscious.

As they expected, Testarossa's battle with Diablo was rather extreme.

She is not Rimuru that can use Multiple Parallel Existence. She is just a devil who can transfer its spiritual body to vassals and...

Even at a body clone, she expended magicules on the battle.

It is also notable how well she fought that battle, it was surreal.

However, at that point.

Even with her deceitful face saying, "I did not go full." that is certainly not true.

Diablo is as powerful if not more powerful than her. Defeating him requires almost all of Testarossa's talent.

After Carrera and Ultima confirmed such a thing. Carrera ambles softly and quietly. At this point Testarossa cannot do anything, even running away is not an option considering her fatigueness.

Carrera pointed her hands in Testarossa's head. A combustible energy orb formulated on her palm facing Testarossa. The orb can disintegrate Testarossa in a split second, considerate enough that she won't feel any pain.

She tried to hold  Carrera's hand but doesn't have the physical strength to drive it away.

Just as Carrera was about to blow the Orb. Energy strings captured Carrera and Ultima fastly without them noticing. Unlike Souei's Arcane Threads which either kill the opponent or hold them firm. These Energy strings drain magicules and transfer them to its user. Additionally, the string is ejecting pain in their bodies continuously. It can even affect spiritual life forms, a direct attack on their spiritual body.

However, such things are not a concern. It's the user.

Who is the user? 

Who used such an ability?

In the end, three of the demonesses already are worn out.

It's not safe to assume that it is yet again one of Testarossa's underhanded tricks.

"Kufufufu..."

That manner of talking came from Carrera and Ultima's behind. The strings are holding them firm, which their gazes are locked on their front. However, at that time they are positive about who is the caster.

"How?!" 

Carrera scowled

Meanwhile, Ultima is really speechless. During that time, the devils met the Devil. The embodiment of evil, spreading his ear-to-ear grin claiming his last-minute victory.

"I win."

He said confidently.

Testarossa's consciousness slowly got alleviated, but there is no chance her reserves are regenerating. Or at least, she cannot regenerate enough to stand a chance on the foe standing behind Carrera and Ultima. 

Wearing his usual butler uniform. But what fascinated Testarossa is how unscathed his form is.

"How? for sure our joint attack destroyed you."

Testarossa's perception couldn't be tricked.

"What are you saying? in the Paradise time, rather the Temptation World I am the absolute administrator. If I were to die in such place, I just have to negate it to the reality."

In other words, Diablo made it like it never happened.

It is the same as Shizu's Purgatory. With its variance and cannot really distinct which is superior.

"Damn, how well did you read us?"

"Hm? willing to listen?"

"It's not like I can fight at this shape nor have the energy to play my words."

"Very well, at the very least you are a colleague I must hone to serve more exquisitely to my Lord Rimuru-sama. To say the least, I knew what the real purpose of your magic circles is. The main purpose is to conceal your real body inside the magic circles right?"

"That's right, at first I have a different plan at the table. However, you deliberately called Carrera and Ultima in the scene hindering me from doing that... bastard, did you really see that far?"

Diablo just gave her a smiling glance. His look alone is saying "perhaps."

"Your joint attack rather is a coincidence, you alone are planning on exterminating me with some kind of plan hidden but failed to do so because I called Carrera and Ultima here."

"So what did I overlook? where did I go wrong?"

"To be honest, it's thanks to Lady Ciel's skill synthesis. Although I haven't used it in the match, it drastically increased the efficiency of my Paradise Time and a variant of Temptation World. Plus other skills had been bestowed to me before the match. You may feel free to resist, but with this skill bestowed by my lady, I don't even need to use my full power even three of you combined."

"Look at you still overconfident as ever."

Diablo extended his hands, a gentleman who helps Testarossa stand up.

"Will you resign?" Diablo asked nicely.

"At least let me stay for a while, I wanna cherish this world of Lord Rimuru."

What Diablo had pointed out earlier was that there is no chance that Paradise Time would spread in this world. Since solemn energy called Nihility Energy erases everything it touches, it is completely controlled and really impressive how Rimuru created a whole recreation of Jura amid this type of Energy rotating around it.

Just a glass of this energy would erase an entire dimension, and when utilized it can create a powerful demon more powerful than the primordials.

After concluding Testarossa bear no more hostility. Diablo focused more on the two. Unlike Testarossa, Carrera and Ultima have yet to resign. Intensely resists Diablo's strings but failed to do so.

Diablo approached the two and asked nicely. "Will you resign?"

However, in response the two of them didn't back off nicely.

"As if you win already, over my dead body I won't concede to you."

Just as Carrera is resisting, Testarossa from Diablo's behind uttered that. "I resign."

With that word alone, Testarossa's body emitted light from her center spreading across its body until her body disappeared in the battlefield.

"It would be nice if you ladies would nicely concede peacefully. I don't have to hurt if I must, but that doesn't mean I am not willing on using painful methods."

Diablo adjusted his gloves, on the other hand, the two of them are utterly paralyzed. Without a strength left to antagonize Diablo all they have is their hardheadedness.

A fast shadow intersected with Carrera's body. It was so fast that it looks like a shadow but it was undoubtedly an attack launch by Diablo. At that point, Carrera's bones dislocated from each other. With the addition of pain signals delivered directly to the soul, equal to what Carrera had felt on his physical body. It means that Pain nullification won't matter and Carrera felt the pain of her bones dislocating from each other.

Carrera shrieks in pain.

Seeing this Ultima is rather terrified.

"Y-y-you won't hurt a beautiful lady such as myself don't you?!"

She acts cutesy but her fate is decided when they refused to concede.

"Just so you know, I am not benevolent enough unlike Rimuru-sama. I would dislocate your bones and inflict parasites inside your bodies. I will mentally torment you until your minds break. Let's start with you."

Diablo had approached Carrera who is still in pain.

Diablo snapped his fingers, and seven-colored glowing orbs appeared in the sky. Additionally, one of these orbs easily surpasses common disintegration. It was a battle human observers no longer can comprehend.

Each of the orbs is facing towards the immobilized Carrera.

The apiece of orb contains a static discharge just enough for Carrera to suffer but not die in the process.

Normally, Diablo wouldn't conduct this type of agony in the bodies Rimuru had provided for them. For them, these bodies that Rimuru had provided for the three demonesses are divine gifts that shouldn't be disordered. But Diablo had few exceptions, he can conduct these types of behaviors if they are sparring in the Labyrinth and in this tournament which negates what happened within the imaginary world.

Diablo adhered to his usual philosophy. Breaking his foes' minds before finishing them up.

"Kufufufu, now now let me ask you again. Would you willingly resign?"

Diablo once again asked nicely but that doesn't mean he won't use force if they disobeyed.

Carrera's eyes began shaking.

If she would refuse again, Diablo would've triggered the orbs in a split-second. It wouldn't kill her but it would impose agony into her body.

But at the same time, this tournament had been an important event to decide hierarchy. Carrera doesn't want to lose yet, or she wanted to struggle, waiting for a nonexistent miracle to happen.

"It seems I underestimated your determination."

Diablo genuinely is impressed at that remark. However, he is ruthless, still, he triggered the spell.

Multiple beams of light pierced Carrera's body. A truly evil deed, too cruel and gross at the same time. Carrera's consciousness is barely hanging, as a result of Diablo's spells, blemishes and scars began to wound on Carrera's skin.

In an influx, Carrera's consciousness barely thrived. Enjoying her demise, Diablo grabbed Carrera's hair tweaking it upward.

"Is this all you got?"

Diablo's index finger, pointed at Carrera. Centralizing it on her forehead.

While Carrera still has reserves, she sustained physical and spiritual injuries that'd caused her damages. With this much, Diablo had an upper hand and Ultima is nowhere near being able to back her up. Surely, Diablo had planned all of this. Testarossa, Carrera, and Ultima fought half a day fighting among themselves while Diablo hid his presence completely, waiting for the perfect chance to attack.

He is successful, the three demonesses wear out each other. Giving Diablo the perfect scenario he had planned. 

Suddenly, the whole stadium was brought into chaos. Without uttering a single word, Diablo fired a death ray. Penetrating Carrera's head in a gruesome way. Carrera's spirit emit no energy, with a tattered body, and a tattered spirit.

It's futile, this is going all on how Diablo anticipated it. So I decided to contact Diablo through Soul link. To be honest, I actually need to scold Diablo after. What he did is too gruesome that I can't even videotape this event and document it.

<<Diablo, I know you are in the middle of a match but... can you finish it off??>>

After saying that, I saw in the displayed magic Diablo got a noticeably huge shock.

<<Ahh, yes I'll finish it soon my lord. Perhaps it is beyond your liking?>>

Figures, of course, without a proper briefing Diablo is still a battle maniac. He is competent enough to follow every word I utter, but without a word then his talents are wasted. Of course, in the preliminary round, it is allowed to do all since Death is immune. But there are gruesome things that will leave observers puke and that is bad for our business.

<<Uh-yeah. actually, I kinda hate what you did.>>

I actually meant it the nices way possible, but Diablo started sulking during the battle.

With these unfolds, Souka and Milim did their job to Shoutcast accordingly to entertain our guests. But still, when Diablo tortured them in front of everyone controversies will start arising here and there. And I'll just have Diablo deal with it himself, that's right he did it so he should take responsibility for it.

As I glance at the display magic, I saw Diablo firing two clean nuclear missiles at Carrera's head and Ultima's to end their demise.

Good grief, it finally ended the battle of the devils. It ended with Diablo taking the win.

Next time! Chapter 70: Preliminary round! Kumara

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336K 10.6K 59
Love, love, love, love who? "... That one person." Who is that person? Tell me who? "The one whose destiny entangled with mine to the point of exist...
1.4K 64 3
After centuries of refinement he'd done it. Rimuru created a place entirely separated from the rest of creation. No VOTW, no relation to the Cardinal...
75.5K 2K 46
After 50 years Rimuru has gotten bored with his peace time and has decided to new game plus his world after asking to set certain settings via ciel t...
240K 6.3K 39
Rimuru achieved everything which was possible but there is one regret he has in his mind even after the 12 years of the great war that he cant save h...