His Corruption

By stariiyy

"Don't worry. I'll make sure if I do get a wife, she won't be a judgemental little snob like you." My lips pa... More

Welcome
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
The End

Chapter 34

24.1K 594 245
By stariiyy

~Cristian POV~

The last time I did something stupid, I was a teenager who got thrown in prison. It took years to learn not to make dumb decisions, only for me to throw it away.

Sitting forward in the armchair, I ran a hand over my scruff. I was torn between two sides. Leaving the country, or staying and risking a clash with my father. Nothing was worth seeing him again, except the thought of what'd happen behind if I left.

Her Papa would marry her off in a day.

That bastard would do anything to keep her away from me. My gaze trailed to the bed, over the ray of sunlight across a olive skin. Giuseppe could come with every man in New York by his side, but I had what I wanted right here. I wasn't giving it up and to hell with the consequences.

Standing, I moved to her bed and let my eyes travel up her bare arm, to her face. Fuck. I told myself I'd only be watching, but then I let the knuckles of my fingers slide across her cheek.

She slept like a fucking angel. On her side, with her silky hair sprawled over the pillow.

I'd seen the world's fair share of beautiful women, but no one could compare to this...
Elena's beauty wasn't just skin deep; it resonated from the depths of her soul.

Her doe eyes exuded warmth that could soothe the most fucked up people, and her lips...they weren't used for abusing. They were soft and gentle like her words, except when it came to me.

I trailed my thumb across her lower lip, my breath hardened in my lungs. I couldn't blame Giuseppe for not wanting to give his daughter to me.

She was the only uncorrupted woman for miles in this city, and every part of her was going to be mine.

———

I was at the kitchen island tracking down one of my hits on the laptop when Elena came downstairs. I took a glance at her and moved my eyes back to the screen.

I thought when women fell apart they looked it, but she was normal as ever. Dressed in a pale blue sweater and pants, her waist-length hair in a ponytail.

She greeted the maid and I threw back the last of my coffee, watching her open the fridge. I was weirded out when she pulled out an apple and put it in a plastic bag, but didn't react until she slid her feet into her boots.

"And where are you going?"

"I'm going back. Its my final decision."

I closed my laptop.  "Its a stupid decision."

She tilted her head with disapproval. "I can't stay here forever."

"Why not?"

"I have to go back, you know what'll happen if I don't."

I knew the men in her family wouldn't care that she came here on her own. All they'd see was her at my place and assume the worst, but I didn't know why she was afraid of them.

They were spineless, they couldn't come near me without ten weapons under their clothes let alone enter my house.

"They won't reach me." I said and she chewed on her lip as if evaluating my answer.

"Then they'll cause chaos somewhere else. Please, let me go. It's the safest option for everyone."

When she headed to the door I stood and followed.

"Elena." I rasped, but she didn't stop. I blocked her way, and her stare grew fiery.

"Cristian, move."

I grabbed the plastic bag and tossed it aside. "Sit down."

"No."

Defiance stiffened her eyes, but broke the second I grabbed her waist and threw her over my shoulder. "You're not a fucking sacrifice."

"Put me down! This isn't a solution!"

The maid stopped wiping the cabinets to watch us enter the dining room. Once we were away from prying eyes I put Elena down, but the second she was released she tried opening the door. I closed it with a hand, and she froze with her back to me.

I could only imagine what she was thinking, because when she faced me, her pupils were flared with more annoyance I'd ever seen in her.
"You're insane."

"I blame you for it."

My fist balled and I started pacing around, her gaze dark and heavy against my skin. The silence that came was long, and only seemed to unnerve her.

"If going back isn't an option, what am I supposed to do?"

I rubbed my jaw. She wanted an answer, I'd give her an answer. "Marry me."

Her face froze, as did every thought behind her eyes. Maybe she didn't hear me, or so I thought until she pulled her eyes to the floor.

"He thinks he has every right to take you home because you're his daughter. If I'm your husband, in their eyes I have a reason to protect you."

Sweeping from outside the door settled into the quiet. She folded her arms, then lifted her eyes to meet mine with a suspecting look.

It was only like Elena to decipher me like it was her first-instinct, study me like I had another motive to my words.

"It's for convenience." I clarified. Some of it was true. I already had one deranged man chasing me, to add a gang of them would be an annoyance, especially if they were Ricci's.

"We're polar opposites." She said quietly. "And my family will throw a riot."

"I can throw a bigger one."

She moved her fingers to her mouth. "Your job...it's dangerous. What if someone comes after me?"

I pulled her hand away from her mouth and tugged her close. "I'll protect you."

Brows furrowed, her gaze moved from the space between us up to my eyes. I assumed she was doubting my word, until I noticed the blush spreading along her cheeks.

"And if that's a lie?" She asked.

Instead of convincing her it wasn't, I pulled my gun out the holster and wrapped her hand over it. "Then you use this on me."

~Elena POV~

Everything was surreal at the office.

The crisp sound of the paper the registrar flipped through. The smell of the wooden floors and desk he sat at. And then, the larger than life man at my side who didn't hesitate to say the words that bound us for life.

Though it was nothing like the wedding I'd always dreamed of having, I felt a strange sense of relief when we walked out that office. It was so unexpected, I sat in silence trying to comprehend it on the way home.

Neither of us said a word during the drive, I guessed he was trying to deal with the change too...or not, considering how unnerved he was the whole time.

We walked into the house, and it really started to sink in that things were different now. The tension had burned the embers into dust, the pull to him only got stronger until all I could think of was how fine it'd be to give in to my longtime desire. A desire that'd been messing with my mind the second I saw him.

I pulled off my snow covered boots by the door and walked around the living area, close to the windows. It'd been snowing all day and the white flakes outside compared to the dim lights indoors made me want to curl on the couch with a book.

I planned on asking Cristian if I could pick up my things from my family's home, but then the reflection of Cristian sitting back on the couch caught my eye, and I stilled.

Every other thought flew out my mind as he loosened his tie, and heat rose to my skin. I turned and he met my gaze, the silence stirring something sensual and warm in his eyes as he ran them over the length of my body.

Water. I needed water.

I barely passed him before he caught my hand, pulling me to a stop. Our eyes locked again and as the blood beneath my veins pounded, he slowly tugged me close to him.

I inhaled a shaky breath and moved myself over his lap, setting my knees on either side of him.

My palms rested on his chest and I drank in the sight of him. He was especially handsome today, in this suit as dark as his hair. His crystal eyes gleaming with taunt like he was going over the countless times I told him I disliked him. The irony laughed in my face.

His hands traveled to my waist, beneath the sweater and I felt my breathing quicken. I'd never been so nervous, my body was trembling. I'd done worse with another man but just being near Cristian made me feel like I'd done nothing.

"About the wedding." He said. "You'll get your ceremony once your family knows."

"Really?"

He nodded and let his eyes fall to my lips. "Whatever you want."

My heart flamed. A mixture of bliss and anticipation flowed through me and I inched my mouth close to his. The shyness of him suddenly being my husband had me hesitate, but then he gripped my jaw and kissed me hard with no restraint. A deep, satisfied sound left his throat, and my fingers curled into his nape as I sank deeper into the kiss.

His hand touched my waist ever so lightly, maddening me to the point where I leaned close just for him to hold me harder. Rough kisses moved to my neck. He tugged at the hem of my sweater, just as desperate as me to get rid of the fabric between us.

I unbuttoned his shirt as he peppered kisses around my jaw and neck, and once all the clothes were on the ground, his darkened eyes moved slow against my bare skin, like he was trying to memorise every curve of my body.

The thrill ricocheted my pulse as he laid me on my back, and the rest became a blur of sensations.

He held my hand the entire time. Never spared a second where his lips weren't against me. On my cheek, on my neck...

For the first time I let myself drown in him, didn't hold back in anything and the result destroyed me. I didn't know where I was. Couldn't feel anything, not even when it ended and I lay there, my body numb but soul on fire.

I slowly dropped my hands from his arms. My eyes closed for a brief second and all I could feel was his hair against my forehead, and the content sinking through my skin.

It took a while for my heartbeat to quieten down, but I knew he still heard it even when he sat up and pulled me over his lap again.

I laid my head in the crook of his neck and thought though the steam was clearing, I was sure the fire in me would never burn out.

And as the clarity came to me, so did my curiosity. It burst through my mouth like my tongue was one of the muscles weakened.

"Why did you retaliate?" I breathed. "It wasn't for business thats for sure, you don't care about business."

When he didn't respond, I pulled back and met his eyes, still clouded with satisfaction.

"I signed a contract to marry you. Giuseppe violated it."

My body froze. I didn't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that.

"When...?"

"Few months back."

My brows grew tall. I couldn't believe it, this was why Papa had me engaged to Brandon? I was so confused then as to what caused the sudden change in Papa's decision, I should have known...

Irritation cast out the bliss, I picked up a pillow and threw it at his head. "Thanks for reminding me how much of an asshole you are, I needed it." I got off his lap, grabbed the nearest blanket and threw it around myself before leaving, but he stood and grabbed my hand.

"Your father was the one to ask."

"Yeah? And what about me?"

"Wouldn't have happened. You would have said no, and besides. You think if you agreed to it it'd happen? Since when did things go your way at the Ricci house?"

I pulled my hand from him and headed for the stairs.

————————————————————————

Authors note: apologies for the missed update it has been a crazy week

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 44 25
Amanda Rose Bella. Age 20. Working for a secret agency against the Mafia is assigned to kill the 2 mafia brothers, Adrian and Igor, Sidorvo. What hap...
17.5K 276 16
Black eyes. Soulless. Unforgiving. Grey. Ice-cold, but just enough that I'm able to melt it. Both make me feel something. The matter was, which one o...
2.1M 55K 39
Arianna Rossi, was no stranger to violence. After all she was the daughter of the mighty Lorenzo Rossi, head of the Southern Italian Mafia. Her dad h...
42.3K 987 42
"Everything of you is a non-existing dangerous drug, Natalia. And I'm addicted to it." He whispered in my ear. He brushed his nose on my neck and th...