Like Father, Like Daughter

goblin1215 által

After spending 16 years in another dimension Marco is finding it little hard to readjust to his life back on... Több

Chapter 1 : Surprise
Chapter 2 : Meet The Parents
Chapter 3 : Retail Therapy
Chapter 4 : School Life
Chapter 5 : Let's Get Ready to Rumble!
Chapter 6 : Marco vs Hekapoo
Chapter 8 : Marco Diaz vs The Multiverse
Chapter 9 : Round 2
Chapter 10 : Final Round
Chapter 11 : Crystal Clear
Chapter 12 : First
Chapter 13 : The Quest
Chapter 14 : Can't Handle It
Chapter 15 : Love Bites
Chapter 16 : Something Borrowed
Chapter 17 : My Best Friend's Wedding
Chapter 18 : Let's Dance
Chapter 19 : The Time of Disaster
Chapter 20 : Khaos
Chapter 21 : Princess Marco
Chapter 22 : Princess Seraph
Chapter 23 : Family Trip
Chapter 24 : Perchance to Dream
Chapter 25 : Nightmares
Chapter 26 : Wake Me Up Inside
Chapter 27 : School Troubles
Chapter 28 : Fire Forged
Chapter 29 : Only Time Will Tell
Chapter 30 : Missing Pieces
Chapter 31 : Scorched Earth
Chapter 32 : Future's Past
Chapter 33 : Flaming Heart
Chapter 34 : Of Life and Death
Chapter 35 : Tourist Trapped
Chapter 36 : Thing About Dreams
Chapter 37 : Mewni...
Chapter 38 : Upside Down
Chapter 39 : Mewni Falls
Chapter 40 : Lessons in Magic
Chapter 41 : Lessons in Science

Chapter 7 : Round 1

140 3 0
goblin1215 által

Chapter 7 : Round 1

The group walked out of the portal into a new world with a pinkish sky. They found themselves on the outskirts of a forest were a stony path lay before them.

Sensei bounced on his heels, "Huh? I would have thought all these alien worlds would feel different. Even the gravity feels Earth-like."

"You don't have to worry about that stuff in a Nexus Dimensions like these." Hekapoo waved off his concern.

Marco went on to explain, "Nexus dimensions are points of overlapping sub-space commonality, a world between worlds sharing a small portion of each. Because of these circumstances, Nexus Dimensions are capable of supporting individuals of any atmospheric, temperature, or gravitational needs. The dimension sort of matches everyone's needs and whatever their body is accustomed to."

"Wait, what?" Star paused confused.

"Oh, still remember the stuff you learned from those dimensional scholars," Hekapoo questioned him sounding a tad impressed.

"Yeah, I think so. I think it's episodic memory versus semantic memory thing."

"You're making up some of those words, right?" Star wiggled a finger at her bestie.

"The last part is actually something I picked up from my psychology textbook," Marco explained half feeling like he should pull out his Ph.D. glasses which he realized he didn't bring with him.

At the moment all he really had consisted of pretty much his regular clothes and a duffle bag of stuff.

Everyone else pretty much had a small overnight bag worth of stuff.

As they walked down the path they started to see a village at the end of the path. It looked like a large village pulled straight out of feudal Japan. It rested at the foot of a large waterfall that led into a river around the village.

"Welcome to Tatakai Dimension and the Kingdom of Tatakai, the home to the Battle Nexus Tournament."

As they made their way into the village they noticed several stalls selling items or food. Seraph looked around noticing just how many different species were there. Her mother had told her about the various peoples, worlds, and wonders but never had a chance to show her. She did get glimpses at the Quest Buy but nothing like this.

Seraph had always been young and they were just settling into their lives together when Hekapoo realized about her condition. Hekapoo regretted never showing her the multiverse and now seeing her daughter's eyes sparkle at everything before her a bit of that regret burned away.

Now Seraph was actually taking her first steps into the multiverse and the wonders it held.

That was when a portal opened up nearby and another Hekapoo stepped out leading forwards some sort of tall slender man with swords.

The other Hekapoo spotted Seraph and gave her a wave.

Seraph just waved back. Nearby more portal open with more clones leading other people along.

"So that's one of your clones?" Star stared at the doubles.

"Well, I could be a clone and you'd never know." Hekapoo teased the group.

Marco took a deep breath and blew out the flame on her head.

Hekapoo met his pleased grin with an annoyed look. With a huff her flame was re-lit.

Seraph giggled a bit, she could always tell which one was her mom and which ones were her clones and it looked like dad had the same talent. They had a link together so each clone knew what they all knew and acted the same. Seraph nor Marco could put it into words what told them which one was the real Hekapoo, it was the difference they felt when around the real her.

"They're just leading in the other guests," Hekapoo explained the presence of the clones. "That's the thing about this place, it's always been a gathering place for the multiverse. A neutral space where diplomats could meet and discuss things. Where traders from all over could come and sell their goods. This Tournament has been a tradition for eons, it has always been something to bring people here. The ruler of the dimension requested my help get all the fighters and handle somethings."

Marco started to get excited feeling the thrill of the challenge.

"Okay, we're gonna look around. You need to sign in." Hekapoo pointed to a long line to Marco.

The other went around to look at the stalls while Marco got in line.

0000

Hekapoo led the others along through the stalls to look around.

Hekapoo decided it was a good chance to give Seraph a bit of a lesson, "This dimension is a bit weird but the folks here have taken advantage of it."

"What do you mean, mom?" Seraph glanced over at a stall selling swords.

"As a Nexus Dimension, it's easier to get into, so much so that with the right factors rifts form and stuff slip in. It drew a lot of people's attention. The founders of this place started with that, they started a business trading the stuff that found its way here. The business expanded across dimensions and they started a settlement here. This place got bigger over time and became a kingdom, this place became sort of a neutral point for meetings. " Hekapoo walked a little bit, "They've developed a lot of clout because they managed to become mediators and diplomats for other dimensions."

Seraph looked around quirking an eyebrow, "Hey mom, I got a question."

"Yeah, shoot,"

"This place kinda feels like Quest Buy, why?"

Hekapoo smiled pride welling in her heart, "You picked up on that? Yeah, this is a Nexus Dimension and they tend to make Quest Buys at Nexus Points too. It's just easier for them to deal with all the variety of life forms that shops at those places."

"Because of that stuff that my dad said about getting used to people's bodies?"

"Right, Quest Buys tend to be made in smaller Nexus Points, nowhere as big as this place or a normal dimension but still pretty big. It just gives the whole place a weird feeling to it. Trust me you can feel it more at the Quest Buy with the big parking lot."

Hekapoo smiled proudly at her daughter, she noted the strange nature of the dimensions something most were not able to notice.

She paused when she noted that the other two had wandered off to the food stalls, "Hey, let's get a snack."

0000

After a long wait, Marco made it to the front of the line. One of the referees waited to ask him some questions and sign him in.

All the refs wore long white robes and hats, their faces hidden with white veils. Marco was unsure how they saw through the veil. The white clothing was supposed to represent their purity and how they were unbiased when judging their matches.

Marco was eventually lead into a small booth curtained off from the rest where the referee waited behind a small wooden desk.

"Your name, please?" The referee asked Marco.

"Oh, Marco Diaz."

With a wave of his white-gloved hand papers materialized before him. "Hm? Are you from Earth? I don't ever recall seeing someone from Earth enter the Tournament before."

"Yeah, I guess I would be the first." Marco gave him a small innocent shrug.

"Good luck to you." The noticed a note on the forms, "Oh, I need to see your weapon."

"My weapon?"

"Yes, we need to exam it to make it won't be used to cheat."

Marco pulled out his scissors and with a flick turned them into a sword.

The referee studied it for a moment, "Is that a pair of dimensional scissors?"

"Yes, is that going to be an issue?" Marco handed over the weapon.

"No, I think not." The referee looked over the sword, his hands carefully dancing across the cold steel. "We do allow weapons to have some magical abilities, such as growing, many weapons change size for convince. Just know that you are not allowed to use the scissors to create rifts. Any attempt to leave the ring will forfeit you the match and any attempt to make a rift will be seen as an attempt to leave."

"Okay, I got it." Marco paused, "There is an entry fee, right?"

"Yes,"

"Do you take Earth money? Dollars?"

"Yes, we do take all forms currency."

"So, how much is it?"

He shuffled through some papers, "Ah, yes, it would be 650 dollars."

Marco reached for his wallet ready to lose his royalties for the month but paused as he recalled he had already spent this month's royalties paying off the art room damage Seraph had to cause. He internally panicked, what was he going to do now?

"Oh, but your fee has been paid for already." The referee looked over a paper, "It was paid by a… Hekapoo?"

Marco smiled a little at Hekapoo's generosity.

The referee looked over his notes, "You are aware of the rules."

"Yes," Marco nodded.

The referee went over the rules of the tournament, just making sure he understood everything.

"Very well, sign here to confirm you are who you say you are and that you understand the rules of the contest and what we just went over."

Marco signed it with a pen he was given and his signature glowed as he finished.

Looking it over the referee waved his hand and some cards materialized along with a few papers that included a map.

"Here are your keys, your map, and a schedule. I wish you good luck young man." He handed the papers over along with the sword.

Shrinking the sword Marco found the group who were snacking on what Marco was fairly sure were fried lizards with wings.

They quickly made their way to the barracks reserved for the fighters and their guests. The cards acted as magical key cards for the door. They had their own small building to themselves, it was decorated simply like a nice hotel room. There were four bedrooms, one kitchen, and one sitting room. It also had a rather nice view of the river.

They all picked their rooms and started to settle in.

There was a knock on the door and Marco went to answer it, "Hello."

Marco wasn't sure what he expected but he didn't expect a monkey with an elaborate red robe of an outfit and a thin gold crown resting on his head. He held a long green staff with a strange lantern on top, the lantern glowed with a strange ethereal light.

"Hello." The monkey man greeted them politely.

Marco studied him for a moment, he seemed young, must have been about 12.

"Lord Wukong." Hekapoo greeted him as she came behind Marco.

"Lady Hekapoo, ah, what a pleasure to see you again." The monkey returned her greeting with a small bow. Wukong was fidgety, a little uncertain in the way he held himself and it often made him react a just noticeably stiff. "I hope you find the accommodations here to you're liking, should you wish it would be no trouble to get you a room with the other honored guests."

Hekapoo held out a hand to stop him, "Your consideration is appreciated it but I prefer to stay near… my champion."

Star raised an eyebrow, Hekapoo always seemed to be so laid back but she suddenly shifted into her diplomatic mode. It was a bit off-putting for Star.

"Yes, I was told he checked in and decided to come greet you personally." Wukong continued as he paused to look at Marco.

"Hey," Marco let out.

Wukong's long tail curled up, "Hello, I wish you well in the tournament. Many people expect many great things from you as the warrior brought to us by Hekapoo herself."

Hekapoo scratched the back of her head noting that.

"Looks like the pressure is on, dad." Seraph poked her father's shoulder.

Wukong picked up on that. "Dad?"

Wukong studied the young woman before him and looked at Marco and then his eyes fell on Hekapoo. His eyes darted back to Marco before returning to Hekapoo then to Seraph and that repeated a few times. "Oh, oh, OH! OH!" His tail shot up. "Oh….oh." He blushed lightly. Then he noted how Marco and Seraph looked about the same age. "Oh?"

Hekapoo glared at him for an instance letting her diplomatic mask slip a bit, "Yes, let me do the introductions. This is mine and Marco's daughter, Seraph Celosia Diaz."

"It's a pleasure, my lady." Wukong gave her a bow.

"Hiya!" Seraph gave him a wave.

Hekapoo cleared her throat, "We have yet to have her debut to the various houses and powers of the multiverse so we would appreciate your discretion until we can have a proper coming out party."

"Of course I understand." Lord Wukong nodded feverishly.

Star was annoyed by the mention of a debut, such coming out events were pretty common for royalty. She knew there was a ceremony when she was born and then when she given the wand. She was to have another one in a few months when her song day was supposed to be held and she was to be introduced to her people as their future queen. Star thought to herself about how she shouldn't be surprised that Seraph would get one being the daughter of Hekapoo.

"My apologies, I failed to introduce everyone," Hekapoo began as she waved over to Marco. "This is Marco Diaz, the champion I brought for this tournament."

"Oh, hello, a pleasure to meet you, sir." Marco tried to be respectful of his status and gave him a bow.

"His instructor." Hekapoo waved to Sensei. "Uh, Sensei."

"Yo!" Sensei greeted.

"And the princess of Mewni Star Butterfly," Hekapoo finished off.

"Uh, " Star blinked her mind having wandered. "Right, yeah, hello, your lordship." Star frantically tried to recall what her mom told her to do when meeting dignitaries. She did a half curtsy.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Lord Wukong took a breath. "I will leave you to settle in. The tournaments will begin soon you should all get ready." He turned to Marco, "Once again good luck, warrior." He turned to Hekapoo, "Lady Hekapoo, there is something I wanted to discuss with you. I've managed to minimize the effects but with so many arriving today…"

"I'm already working on it, or my clones are. I will meet you later to perform the ceremony and that should settle things for the time being." Hekapoo told him.

"That sounds good." He bowed to her, "Please come by whenever it is convenient for you. Thank you for your assistance. I will let you all settle in then. Goodbye."

He tapped his staff on the ground twice, the same ethereal light wrapped around him and he vanished.

The others were stunned and Hekapoo just closed the door. "Yeah, flashy isn't it? His great-great-fifty-something-I-think-grandfather founded this kingdom and worked on teleporting magic. Stored the whole thing in that staff and passed it down as a symbol of the ruler of this place."

"Huh?" Star looked at the wand she held.

Hekapoo sat down in a chair and picked an apple from the welcoming fruit basket. "Sweet kid, a bit of a skittish type. Not sure how to behave with this new role and it doesn't help he can't control that staff."

"What do you mean?" Marco asked her.

Hekapoo sighed, "Nexus Dimensions tend to have weak dimensional walls so stuff can happen. Usually, the ruler of the dimension can use the staff to create pathways for people to come and go from this dimension but stuff happened. His father passes away recently before he could finish training him. So his pathways are less stable, thankfully over the centuries, they put up safety measures so when one nearly collapsed everyone was safe. But with so many people coming for the tournament they are stressing out the weak barriers. My clones have been fixing up the dimensional walls. Plus all of his people are tapping into his power too, they can't do anything big but the drain is not helping him when he's still trying to master it all. I'll just go to him later to help him out, sort of walk him through the ritual to repair everything. Just help him manage everything until he can get a mastery over the staff." Hekapoo waved them off, "This happens every once in a while, though it is taking this kid a lot longer to master it so I've been helping a lot more."

0000

They settled into their quarters and in a few hours, the tournament was to start. They split ways with Marco as he went to the other contestants.

There was a huge stadium buzzing with life and the noise of countless people eager to watch a fight.

Hekapoo, Seraph, Star, and Sensei settled into their box seats.

Though Hekapoo refrained taking the nicer accommodations rather staying with Marco in the rooms provided to the contestants and their entourage she did keep the box seat tickets that they offered her for her help.

They settled into their comfy seats and Star summoned up a pair of binoculars. Below them a large stone platform stood, all of the contests stood at the edge a few feet away from each other.

Quickly she spotted Marco wearing his Gi standing amongst the others, trying not to seem nervous and not doing a good job at it.

0000

Marco looked around, he spotted many contestants and he saw many different species most he'd never seen before. He was fairly sure at least one of them was related to the dinosaurs. He felt his heart racing as he began to worry about what he was going to do. It was battle royal, he'd have to fight until the numbers were trimmed down. With everyone fighting everyone it wouldn't be easy for anyone to make it through, it would be hard to defend from every angle and if you were kicked off the platform you'd lose as easily if you were knocked out.

"Nervous?" A voice spoke from a few feet away.

Marco turned to see what looked like a humanoid-wolf man with grayish-blue fur. His outfit was pretty simple, he wore a pair of brown pants a long red scarf wrapped around his neck. He gave Marco an encouraging smile.

Marco smiled, "Maybe a little, is it that noticeable."

"Yes, but then I can actually smell it coming off you." He chuckled a bit, "Relax, getting too into your head won't help you. Here's a tip: move around and defend at first, let the more reckless beat each other up and when the number are more manageable then make your move."

"Thanks," Marco told him.

"Think nothing of it, we might soon have to fight each other. Be on your guard." The Wolfman held up his head, "This is a contest of strength, let yours roar out, the power you earn is what will earn your place. If you are lacking you will be tossed aside, if you think you're lacking then leave before you are hurt. Otherwise get ready to show the world what you are worth."

Marco took a breath as he tried to calm himself down, his hand slowly tracing the pair of scissors that waited in the scabbard kept under his clothes.

0000

Lord Wukong stepped onto the balcony overlooked the stadium. All the eyes of the visitors turned up to him and they all grew quiet.

"Ladies, gentlemen, and others," He began his speech. "I welcome you all to this year's tournament. My late father always looked forward to this tournament, It saddens me greatly that he could not be here for this one. Thus I dedicate this year's tournament in his memory, so I ask you all to join me in a moment of silence." The crowd all went quietly in honor of the previous ruler who had passed only a few weeks back. Then Wukong spoke again, "But there is no time to dwell on the past, my father believed that and in his memory, I will try to live that."

He took a deep breath, "Today we come to see the greatest and most skilled warriors from the whole universe and have honorable combat. But first, for the uninitiated let us go over the rules."

Wukong paused searching for his notes. A pig man in brown hooded robe stood by Wukong's side handed him some cards.

"Right, yes, " The young lord looked the card over. "Round one will consist of a battle royal between all those who signed up. The battle will continue until we are down to 40 contestants. No use of magic will be allowed for combat, no flying is allowed, though any other inborn abilities will be allowed. Only weapons that have been checked by our referees will be allowed." He cleared his throat switching cards, "If a combatant is knocked, throw out of the platform, or has taken enough damage and is at risk of serious harm as judged by a referee they will be removed from the platform and are out of the tournament. They are also to be disqualified if they attack to kill or seriously harm another contestant or act in any way that goes against the set rules."

He dropped the cards.

"Uh," He said nervously, "And, that is about it. Contestants, fight honorably make your worlds proud…." He looked around, "Let us begin."

He tapped his staff on the ground and suddenly fireworks shot into the air.

0000

Marco looked up at his speech, he could tell he was trying his best but nervous. He could see many of the other contestant rolling their eyes or scoffing at him.

Marco felt bad for him, his father died and then he had all this responsibility laid onto his shoulders.

Marco pushed the thoughts away as he knew he had to get ready. He took a deep breath and got into his stance. He would have to move as soon as it started, he couldn't leave his back to the edge or he would be asking to get pushed off.

0000

The group watched from their seats with bated breaths. There were rules to try and keep anyone from killing each other but that still left the possibility of someone getting hurt. Namely, Marco, humans on a grand scale were not as durable as most species so he could get hurt easily.

Seraph tapped her finger impatiently before she felt a hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry, your dad is gonna do fine." Sensei reassured her. "He's a tough despite being all about safety he knows when to dodge. He won't let himself get hurt."

"Yeah," Hekapoo added, "your dad is crafty. He actually holds two records with my trials, one being the one to last the longest time and he was the quickest to ever blow out one of my clones. Your dad is crafty."

"Yeah, yeah," Star piled on, "the first day I met him he was all quick to fight monsters, and that was like the first anyone on Earth had ever seen a monster. So, your dad is super quick."

Seraph smiled reassured by their words clenched her fist as her faith in her father was renewed.

The other looked straight on hoping they were right. He was skilled but that didn't mean he couldn't be seriously hurt.

"Begin!" Wukong struck his staff again.

Several referees in white floated over the platform and kept an eye on everything. Much of the strange powers and magic the servants held was just an extension of Wukong's own power he drew from the staff.

With that, it all began, and with loud yells, all the combatant raced for the center.

All of them knew staying at the edge would likely leave them in a bad position so they had no choice but to go the center and where everyone would rush.

0000

As they got closer to each other the combatants started to take swings to each other. As Marco ran around he forced himself not to draw out the scissors, they could help him but it was better to save them. Besides, he didn't want to potentially hurt someone with a random swing, plus he knew if he saved it he could use it as a trump card.

There was a loud yell as some guy was tossed out of the platform. He rolled onto the floor and to a stop. Nothing remarkable, a guy with brown hair wearing a pink Gi that looked like it should have been white but got dyed in the wash. He was whimpering as he was on the verge of tears, "Father!"

He vanished in a flash of light. The referee teleported him away.

The first person out of the tournament and that was an honor Marco was glad to pass on.

Marco noticed a large screen in the stadium that flashed the picture of the loser.

Marco didn't have much more time to focus on it as a terrible scream pierced the air. A woman in a black and white outfit, with long white hair, and her face painted like a skull jumped center screaming. It wasn't an ordinary scream, the air rippled around her and everyone was tossed by to the side by the force of her screams.

The screams rendered her opponents unable to move and she took advantage using her innate strength to grab the contestants and tossing them off the platform.

"Banshee!" Marco heard someone yell, he couldn't do much else has he was trying to cover his ears.

Though she was a magical creature this counted as an innate ability and innate ability she was free to use.

It was just too hard to restrict people's born abilities, where did you draw the line? The guy with claws can use them but the guy who breathes fire can't.

It didn't matter much anyway, everyone there was supposed to be used to fighting all sort of creatures if they were to be the champion of an extra-dimensional tournament then they should be able to handle any weirdness the universe threw at them.

The ground shook as a tall warrior made of stones rushed towards her slapping anyone away from him. He swung his massive stone fist at her and she put her arms together to block. It wasn't enough, the sheer force shot her off the platform.

The stone man bellowed in victory but before he could enjoy it a buff blond man with a hammer rushed towards. The hammer struck the stone man in the chest and the stones began to crack. The man with the hammer jumped up to bring down the hammer down on the stone monster when he vanished in a flash of light. The referees teleported him away to prevent serious injury.

Marco looked around, slowly people were being teleported away either too injured already to continue or just before they took the finishing blow.

Marco had been trying to pay attention to everything around him, at the moment he was just trying to avoid detection and just any random attacks. Marco just dodged and weaved his way through the platform trying to make it to the center where at least it would be less likely to be tossed off. Though he was making little progress.

He heard someone cackle like a maniac and just ducked in time to avoid lightning blasts. Others were not so lucky either getting struck and knocked out or being teleported away just before getting hit.

More images of the fallen appeared on the screen. All the wild attacks had started to cull their numbers.

It was time for Marco to make his move. He didn't have to beat everyone he just had to outlast a majority and then work his way through the tournament. That was when he locked eyes with a young woman with long black hair who wore a white top and a black skirt. Marco was a bit confused, his time in Hekapoo's dimension had taught him how to read people. This girl was even wearing jewelry she was either really out of her depth or very skilled that she could dress casually. Then he noticed she was wearing black and red gloves with guards.

"Oh, no…."

Marco jumped back and that was the right thing to do. The girl jumped ahead and bridge the gap and punch down towards the spot he had been in. The ground shattered and if Marco hadn't moved her punch would have shattered him.

Marco took a breath, she was obviously strong and quick but wasn't wearing any armor. He could assume she got take a hit if he was going to beat her he needed to react fast.

She looked at him with a small smile, she didn't seem malicious but didn't think she didn't seem to be holding back too much.

He had fought things much stronger than him before, sometimes it seemed like he did that more than fighting people at his level.

He raised his hands and she charged at him. He needed to time this just right. He could feel the force coming off her first, pushing the air around as she got close he spun out of the way, he grabbed her and tossed her away. As her momentum carried her, she couldn't stop and ran into this guy with huge black spiky hair in an orange Gi, as they collided both fell off the platform.

The guy whined, "Hey I didn't even get to punch any-"

They were both teleported away.

"Okay, that was just lucky." Marco had to admit.

He ducked again just avoiding a kick, Marco gazed at the tall spindly man attacking him.

Though he had to reach Marco dodged him by running through his legs. As Marco ran he made sure to strike his knees. His opponent was quick to collapse to the ground. Not wasting the chance quickly to deliver a kick to their head. Before the hit could connect they vanished in a flash of light.

A tall humanoid gladiator triceratops was first to charge rushing him head-on. He had on an iron skirt and armor over his right arm, a shield and sword slung over his back. This would be dinosaur rushed at Marco trying to knock him out of the ring quickly.

Marco jumped over it but failed to clear the jump. Marco found himself on the crown on his head holding onto his horns.

"Get off me mammal!" The triceratops tried to shake him off.

"Trying too!" Marco let out.

Marco grabbed him by the horns turning the lumbering body and forcing him to the ground.

The reptile warrior let out a yelp but quieted down when he realized Marco's intent. As he fell he just dodged an attack. Marco quickly scrambled to his feet as he got a good look at the attacker.

It was a sandman, he looked like a normal man with bulky build though but his species had a talent, to turn into sand. He stretched out his arm which turned into the sand to try and attack them both when they had their guard down.

As he pulled back his sand arm back, both Marco and the dinosaur-like warrior turned their attention to him.

"Do you want to form a truce to take him down?" Marco asked him.

"Well, I do hate sneak attacks." He cracked his head. "For the moment we work together."

"I might need a boost and an opening."

"That I can provide."

They quickly whispered to form a plan.

The Sand Man smiled his arms and legs turning to sand, his body stretched out lifting him into the air. His hand formed large sand fists and moved to strike them.

The triceratops rushed head-on, literally like the ancient dinosaur it used his head as a weapon. The fist collided with his hard head, the hand trembled for a moment coming into a contact of such force. The warrior reached up grabbing the hand as best he could. He grit his teeth pressing forwards, unwilling to let that happen he pressed back with his free hand.

"Now!" The warrior bellowed.

Marco rushed forwards jumping on his tail, with a flick the tail tossed Marco up into the air.

The Sandman was surprised by the action. Marco moved to kick the Sand Man's head, in a panic he turned his head into the sand to avoid the blow, Marco just cut through it and the sand quickly reformed and turned back to flesh.

"Did you really think that would work?" The Sand Man taunted Marco as he landed.

"No, but to distract you, I was sure that was enough." Marco smiled.

"Ah!" The warrior with all his strength pulled on the man's hands and twisted him to the side. Using the same principle that Marco had used on him.

The Sand Man was not quick enough to react, but few are quick enough to avoid thunder.

Marco had been busy keeping his eyes open and paying attention, that helped him avoid the Sand Man's initial attack but also note that someone was throwing lightning.

Some skeletal man in a red robe had been cackling as he shot lighting all around him. Marco noted the fact and told his partner about it. All he had to do is to time the attack for when the Sandman was distracted and make sure he was put in the direction of a random bolt.

The thing is, Sandmen are a well-known species and a hard one to fight. They can turn into sand and avoid hits, most people can only beat them by soaking them with water to turn them into mud which makes them harder to reform. Though lightning could do the trick. Something Marco knew well after fighting Hekapoo in a dessert was that sand turns to glass with heat.

"Aaaaah!" The Sandman yelled out in pain as the sandy part of his body turned into the glass.

Marco rushed him and jumped into the air delivering a kick right at his head.

He let out a yelp his body pulled from the glass parts.

With a flash of light his body vanished and all his pieces.

Marco took a step back, it didn't matter if his body was torn apart he would be able to put himself back together with time.

Marco looked at the warrior as he prepared to fight his previous ally.

The triceratops man clicked his tongue, "Make it to the next round, we will settle this when next we meet."

He gave him a sort of smile before he turned to fight his next opponent.

He wouldn't mind fighting and beating Marco it just felt a little strange to fight him right after working together.

Marco smiled starting to feel pumped, he was getting into the flow of things. He needed to keep moving as people around him started to fall. It would only be time before the round ended or someone would beat him.

Marco noticed a shirtless man with an ax yelling at the top his lungs fighting anyone near him. He wore a mask like a helmet but Marco could tell he seemed to be enjoying his fight.

Marco decided not to stop him or to get his attention.

He heard some heavy steps move towards him.

This newcomer locked eyes with Marco.

He was stocky figure and bald, Marco had to admit the man looked like a baked potato. He wore some sort of remains of a blue-ish purple armor with scraps of a cloak. He had an old sword slung over his back and staff in his three-fingered hand. There was a scar running over the right eye.

He grumbled, "Another half-form, poor sport for a tournament that is supposed deal with the strongest fighters in the universe." He readied his staff, "Come on then, let's make this quick."

He wouldn't be someone Marco could toss out of the ring, he seemed to have a low center of gravity and from the way, he held himself Marco could tell he was a fighter. He was probably a grappler too. His beefy arms meant he was strong, probably could toss him out easily if he got him.

Marco rushed him trying to hit him fast and hard. As Marco got close he chopped at him but found the staff block the blow. Marco took a step back his arm hurting a bit as he realized the staff was metal, not wood.

The man laughed to himself, "You have some fight in you. This might be a bit amusing after all."

Marco rushed him again hitting him in the face, he moved to strike Marco landing a hit dead center. Marco managed to use his arms to keep the staff from hitting him directly on the chest as he moved back.

Marco steadied himself but was forced to move as he quickly found himself put on the defense. Marco barely dodged another blow with the staff, the ground beneath him cracked taking the blow.

Marco paused and held out his arms to block any blow, he could hear the faint crackle of more people being teleported around him.

The warrior raised the staff studying Marco, holding the staff before him ready to block any attack Marco might try.

"You don't fight like a half form."

Marco didn't reply.

"Even at this moment you wait for a chance, for an opening to strike, you use the moment to study me for a weakness all while you keep yourself aware of your surroundings." He almost gave Marco a smile, "The young make too many mistakes, they suffer from inexperience. Your eyes give you away, they are older than the rest of you. The glimmer with years of experience on the battlefield and the hunt."

Marco tried to keep himself steady, showing any weakness in a fight could easily be your undoing.

"Know that your defeat will come at the hands Kaagh the Slayer. Know that your failure will serve as a stepping stone to my path to reclaim my glory. Stop with your foolish games of deception and use that dagger."

Marco's hand rushed to the scissors at his side on his belt, it's no wonder Kaagh thought they were a dagger who normally takes scissors to a fight. Marco thought about pulling them out and turning it into his sword. He wanted to save it for an emergency.

At that moment a woman with long flowing silver hair and a black gown stepped into the center of the platform.

There were many opponents at her feet flickering away after a moment, and it looked like everyone else was giving her a wide berth and from what Marco could tell he wasn't sure it was done intentionally. Just looking at her made him uncomfortable.

He was sure he had seen her species somewhere before, in Hekapoo's dimension but he couldn't recall what she was. He tried to push the thought out of his head and focus on the fighter before him. With the measured response, both he and Kaagh moved towards one another.

0000

"…No," Hekapoo let out quietly as she saw the woman held out a rapier, the blade made out of shimmering crystal.

Like Marco, she recognized it as familiar being, but unlike Marco, she knew what the woman was. She knew what a threat that woman was.

0000

"Let's cull the numbers." Her icy blue eyes looked at the ground and the crystal began to shimmer, with that she tapped the floor twice.

The ground beneath her exploded all around her.

0000

Hekapoo and the others stared on to see the platform explode, the stadium grew quiet as dust covered the platform keeping everyone from seeing what was happening.

"Mom?" Seraph said softly.

She turned to see her mother looking pale, her nails digging into her chair.

Star bite down on her wand staring without blinking at the platform.

"It's gonna be fine, your father has fought something like her before," Hekapoo spoke unsure of her own words.

0000

The dust began to settle and the center the woman stood stoically. She didn't flinch or move, she stood there waiting. The referees floated above controlling the wind to clear the dust to make sure that everyone was still alive.

Flashes of light went off like fireworks, one by one as they began to teleport the fallen away. Most of them were tossed out of the ring by the forced by the attack and other knocked out by the force of by some of the debris that was torn up.

Groans and moans were heard as the dust settled.

"Ow…" Marco moaned as he lifted himself off the ground.

Marco had realized what was happening and leaped off the ground before it passed them, then he did what he could to avoid the rocks that were kicked up. He got knocked around a bit but he made it through.

As he looked around, some of the others had the same idea, some forced their way through the brunt of the attack, some actually blasted themselves above the attack and some just got lucky in one way or another.

Some actually clung to the ground and rode out the shock wave.

"What are you?" A knight whose armor that dented asked.

"I believe you've heard of my species, I doubt you'd know my subspecies or my title." She spoke just offering a small glance.

"Vampire Lady, from the Lands of Shadow and Light," Marco spoke up, he couldn't see Kaagh anywhere around. He groaned as he got up. "And your title is Vampire Knight."

This got her attention the lady turned her head and looked at Marco.

0000

"Vampire," Hekapoo whispered in the booth.

"Vampire?" Star questioned, "but its sunny Vampires don't do well in the sun."

"Most don't," Hekapoo agreed her eyes focused on the platform. "But there are a lot of types of vampires, some feed off blood, some feed of emotion and some feed of life itself."

"This one is a vampire Lady, they pretty much top of their hierarchy. Vampire Lords and Ladies don't have the usual weakness, the sun doesn't affect them and neither does garlic. Normal Vampires evolved into those lords over a millennium. Every trait heightened and every weakness crushed, their numbers are few even amongst the universe. Most, even other vampires, think them legends. With just a touch they can draw out someone life and zap it for a snack. They can actually control and manipulate the energy of anyone they touch even their own. Normal vampires are fast and strong but these guys make them look like weak turtles without shells. They conquered a dimension for themselves with that power, the lands of Shadow and Light, a hidden dimension lost to most. They wanted a dimension to themselves as to avoid contact with the rest of the Universe. No one is stupid enough to go there unless they have business because anyone who doesn't get their permission doesn't come out."

0000

"You guessed correctly." She asked curiously looking at Marco.

"The Luxor Sword was a giveaway, only given to Vampire Knights. To those who serve the courts, to the those in charge, and are most loyal warriors." Marco told her. "The sword that can bend light, it's supposed to be a symbol of how a vampire has beaten back their natural weakness. It's an interesting sword, it can help use magic and all sort of stuff but with a Vampire Lady, it lets you heighten your power to manipulate life energy. That attack…." Marco groaned, "that attack wasn't just your strength, it was your very life. You used it to push the force through the platform. That's actually a pretty cool use of that skill."

Marco had to keep talking, as long as she listened and didn't attack he could catch his breath, the other warriors were starting to get up using that time. If any of them were to have a shot they all have to work together to fight her.

She turned her full attention to Marco, her eyes eagerly studying him. "You've met my kind before."

Though it wasn't common knowledge about Vampire Knights, it was possible for someone to know about the title. But the Vampire Lords and Ladies were little more than rumors amongst the most powerful of the multiverse, the only reasonable way Marco could discern what she truly was if he had met one before.

"Yeah, at one really messy wedding," Marco huffed as he got on his feet. "had a really nice dance there though."

"You've killed my kind before." She didn't accuse, she merely stated a fact.

"… yes, I did say messy." Marco gave her an awkward expression. "I didn't do it alone, I doubt I'll ever be able to kill a Lady or a Knight alone much less a vampire whose both."

"At least you're not as foolish as some of the mortals here."

A spear wielding snake man lunged at her but she stopped the attack with the back of her hand before flicking them away.

Marco sighed, as many of those present started to rethink their strategies.

Marco needed to keep her talking, something he had learned recently was that immortals got bored. She didn't care about victories, she was merely there to kill some time. If Marco kept their conversation interesting enough to hold her interest she wouldn't bother to finish the fight just then.

She hadn't even killed anyone, she hadn't used magic or broken any rule. She was holding back trying to keep things interesting.

"I respect your humility. Others would have boasted and I would have cut out their tongue. Let me know your name."

"Marco Diaz."

"You may call me Noire," Her fingers wrapped around her sword. "I hope you make it pass my next attack and I may test your strength in person. I won't hold back as much this time, I wish to test these warriors but I do not wish to waste any more of my time on the weak."

The sword started to shimmer and she raised it into the air. She poured moments of her life into the sword, days, weeks, months, and years but for an immortal vampire that was like pocket change.

If any of these warriors were worth her time they'd find a way to survive the next assault some way.

0000

Star gulped as did every magic user in the stadium did. They felt the years flow into the weapon, that power was getting to the point that none magic users were starting to feel the impact it would have.

"Okay, no more playing nice, time to stop holding back." Hekapoo whispered, "Time to get serious."

0000

The sword came down the ground and the blast rippled out to the air making everyone present shiver.

There was no grand explosion and the platform did not break.

Noire looked at her expression turning slightly towards shocked.

"What a peculiar sword,"

Marco rushed to her and turned his scissors into his sword using it to block the hit keeping it from touching the ground. The force was diverted into the air instead of the ground and lucky for him deflecting the brunt of the attack away from him.

"A normal sword would have shattered from such a hit."

Marco struggled to hold the sword, his arms felt like they'd fall off. He huffed, "Yeah, well, I know people who do good work."

"So, was she the one who helped you kill those vampires you met?" As she spoke she didn't look at Marco but at the box that Hekapoo sat in.

She had figured out what the sword was and who made it and put things together.

"All right, you've peeked my interest." She pressed her sword ever so slightly harder against the blade. "For that, I won't let the battle ends quickly. I'll give them a chance."

Marco hated how fighters learned to read people so quickly, to think people and their motivations could be discerned so quickly was just a mistake. He hated how this trait was even more prominent amongst immortals. He also hated how accurate her guess was, she'd figured out he was buying everyone time.

He didn't want anyone hurt, he wanted them to be ready for the fight.

She jumped into the air dodging a sword slash.

A red-coated arched took their chance and fired a few shot from their bow right at the vampire. She spun in the air dodging the attacks and then one struck her side, she quickly pulled out a small sword, "Did someone just shot a sword at me?"

Noire's body already healing as she tossed the sword away.

A whip wrapped around her leg pulling her to the ground slamming her down. When she hit the ground dozens of contestants jumped on her trying to pin her or if possible knock her out. An instant later they were tossed off her and shot off in different directions. She got to her feet and dusted herself off.

The fighter rushed her and she dodged and danced around them. They might have been worth her interest but now so many were tired wounded, she lost interest in continuing the fight with each passing moment.

She fixed her grip on her sword and the crystal began to shimmer ever so lightly. She began to wildly slash at the hair. With each slash, the air was cut and with powerful gusts of wind, people were tossed around.

She swung her sword again only for it to stop mid-swing.

"Stop." Marco blocked her swing with his sword.

"You do know it over already, do you not?"

A man with an iron mask had fallen to the ground, probably had been hurt and exhausted trying to dodge the attacks.

He vanished in a flash of light.

"It's over!" Lord Wukong called out tapping his staff on the ground. "The number of contestants is down to 40. The first round is done."

The silent crowd took the news in and started to cheer those who had made it to the second round.

The large screen flashed the faces of the fallen warriors before displaying those who'd made it.

"You've all done well." Wukong admitted, his voice echoing through the stadium, "Now its time for you all to rest."

Noire placed her sword in her scabbard, the others began to do the same there was no need for them to fight now even if they felt like fighting.

A woman with pink fur and a cat-like smile moved to Wukong's side and whispered something to him. She wore a white and gray habit like outfit.

"Oh, good," Wukong continued, "Sister Fraus from Sisters of Plenitude has informed me that they are taking care of the those wounded. Any still left standing are more than welcomed to come and get healed, just come to the infirmary for healing."

0000

"Sisterhood of Plentitude?" Seraph questioned the name.

"Yeah," Hekapoo told her daughter. "It's a sisterhood that devotes themselves to helping the sick and hurt. Every order had different methods, some use magic others work through science. I think this is the Order of the Bleeding Heart."

"Bleeding heart?" Star questioned the name.

"Yeah, this order focuses on healing magic to use it to heal those wounded in battle. For centuries they've gone to battles to heal everyone from every side to try and prevent death. Now, we should probably go get Marco he looks like he's about to pass out."

Many of the sisters were already present at the platform healing the contestants, but those like Marco refused their help.

Marco wanted to push his limits, see how far he could go without any real healing. To know how far he could get.

But he was feeling it now that the fight was over. He didn't want to show weakness but he was finding it hard to stay up and was now forced to use the sword to prop himself up. His muscles ached, his skin and muscles were starting to bruise and he felt a few cuts started to bleed. He was still not ready to give up.

If you like this story I suggest going to the original source here https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12364479/1/Like-Father-Like-Daughter?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=4pf7ygKuGopWjEuhI5WxBNTRg3JzMKNoUqNYyNTXM6k-1639571418-0-gaNycGzNCaU

And if you want more like this I suggest going to the original author of this story ADdude's home page https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2674558/ADdude

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

26K 323 37
Marco is a new 18 year old student who recently graduated from high school and wanted to study further (even tho is not as intelligent.) He dream to...
515 29 17
Star and Marco discover that more than their dimensions have cleaved together. Each chapter is a shared dream that highlights part of their 'Ever Aft...
5.7K 180 28
Star was just walking around her room until someone came in the castle and brought her something or somewhere special. Where did that person take her...
57.2K 1K 38
This is a Star vs the forces of evil fanfiction about Star and Marco's daughter (Aurora) and how her life changes after she meets her mother for the...