Fear & Love

By not_nerdy

Anand and Gitanjali are bound to get married. Only problem is that they both expect different things from lif... More

DISCLAIMER
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Six. 2
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
personal
Fifteen
happy women's day!
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty-four
Twenty Five.1
Twenty Five.2
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two
Sixty Three
Sixty Four
Sixty Five
Sixty Six
Sixty Seven
Sixty Eight
Sixty Nine
Seventy
The Superstar - Add to Lib

Forty Two

9.1K 532 38
By not_nerdy

Instilled with many virtuous traits and few vices that a human being can't escape, Gita was more on the virtuous side, the good part of the realm. The biggest reason why innocence and kindness stays with people like Gita is because they don't have the vice that will be the cause of the doom. All of Gita's vice is forgivable because she doesn't possess the biggest one of them all : Ego.
She might be a lot of things : people pleaser, a diplomat and naive but she didn't carry the slightest of ego. Her Ego never came in between forgiving people or asking them for forgiveness. 

Gita felt the need to apologise to Anand and she was gracious enough to do so in the car after the party. Like he had said, the people at the party didn't make her feel uncomfortable. The host couple was so warm to her and praise her for the award vehemently. The women at this party were less malicious about her simple dressing style and didn't look down at her for not wearing diamonds or gold, a bright shining ring. But her 'khadoos' husband was away from her the entire time. He left her with the couple and few others after the introduction and was probably angry over her tantrum the entire time. Even now when she apologised, he just hummed and continued on his phone texting hurriedly. She understood he was busy when he was on calls at home. The only usual thing he did was cuddle with her as he slept and no words were exchanged.

Sometimes, she wondered how can he be okay to not talk about his feelings. He was like a infant. With him, she just had to assume what he is feeling because he doesn't speak or express much. But even infants express their pleasure or displeasure. So her husband is worse than an infant, may be a rock. Yes, he is like a rock! Her useless analogies were done at the office table where instead of correcting the assignments, she was busy drawing comparisons of her husband.

Their relationship had definitely evolved from the time of their engagement. He is softer to her, trying to make efforts to bring her gifts for his absence at times, she has finally learnt good cooking from him and both loves their little planting sessions on Sunday mornings, getting their hands in the mud. But some things are still the same...he still doesn't like when someone messes with his business or anything related to it, he has to have everything in order, hates indiscipline and disobedience.

'He was definitely a strict principal in his last life.' Gita was still drawing useless conclusions but shook her head and was back to work.

It's been ten days since the party and he was back to his old self just busier. Surprisingly, even his assistants, Priti and Prakash had dropped by on few days, which was a rare instance since they never showed up at their home. This must be a very important deal they must be working on. She just offered Priti and Prakash for dinner when they politely declined and has their own food. She knew they were professionals and Anand wouldn't appreciate his employees having lunch here but Gita wasn't someone who had let people go hungry from her home. She insisted that on their next visit they must have dinner with Anand and her.

Finally, their came a day where his extra busy schedule was over! For this particular project, he had postponed the honeymoon, was unavailable to a lot of events and family gatherings and rarely had time to play egames.

This Sunday, he was present! His presence was enough for her. His work had kept her away from him, his warmth and his time. She envied her fellow colleagues. Their husbands weren't as rich as her husband but they were definitely richer than Gita. Afterall, they had the privilege of having their husbands time. They went for movies, dates, attended weddings together and so much more while she just attended his business events at most. Gita just wanted her husband for some more time and not a money magnet.

Today, God blessed her with this wish and he even cooked her the breakfast and took her for a long drive in his Lamborghini. He even told her about what he has been upto in the past few weeks. He had set up his new base in Espognia, a country where they had no direct connection earlier. His new set up was all thanks to some Indian origin people there who were interested in collaborating with him. Apparently, they had good connections and were major businessmen there. Yes, when Anand is interested, he gets into the detail of things and explains you everything you need to know. He never invites his family home, but he had called Isha for dinner today.

"Bhai, did you apologise to Gita for postponing the honeymoon?" Isha questioned in fake anger, "If my husband had done this, I would have had his head." Isha declared, while continuing to eat her food. Anand glared at her and said, "Don't spoil my wives, idiot. Keep your ideas to yourself and your future husband."

Gita was delighted to have Isha over after months. The mood of the home had changed with Isha's arrival. Her banter with Anand always makes Gita laugh. Isha always tries to get on her older brother's nerves and is quite successful at that and he bears her most of the time. Gita only knew that Isha and her boyfriend goes on little trips over the weekends just outside the city, through the photos Isha sends her.

"You have met the Khannas, right? How was it meeting with their heir?" Anand asked Isha. The Khannas were the Indian origin family who helped Anand set up his new base in Espognia. Isha was busy digging her food and replied a casual good.

"I think their son, whatever his name is, has taken an interest in you. The couple was asking me about your relationship status." Anand wiped his mouth with a napkin and his focus was this topic, "They are on a hunt for his bride and who better than my dear sister, right? So, talk to him and see where it goes. As it is, Daddu wouldn't have a problem with this arrangement."

"You are thinking about my marriage with their heir?" Isha asked to clear her doubt.

Anand nodded."Yes. If they like you, that is."

Both Gita and Isha looked at each other, unsure of what to respond. Isha raised her brows at Gita, signing her to say something. On cue, Gita chimed in, "Umm...she is young, why do you want to marry her off?" Both the siblings looked at her like she said the dumbest thing ever, which she did. Gita wanted to facepalm herself. Why did she say it without thinking first?

"If I may remind you, She is elder to you. How is she young to marry?" Anand questioned.

"That is what I meant. Seeing her actions, you have to remind me that she is elder to me. But I don't see her ready for the responsibilities of marriage." Gita covered her lame statement from earlier. Isha nodded to Gita's word and continued, "She is right. How can I marry when I don't know anything? Apart from our business, I just know to party. And what if I don't want to marry Vivek?" Isha asked.

"Vivek who?" Anand asked. They both yelled, "The Khanna heir."

Like Anand, Isha was always clear she never wanted to marry but her love changed it all. Now, she only wants to settle down with her Rohan.

"Listen here, they are very important. And it's just a simple meet up. If things go well, marry him...atleast for two years." Anand completed with a completely normal face for this ridiculous advice.

"Wow! You are a great brother to advice that." Isha rolled her eyes. It was nothing new for her. Anand can speak the most ridiculous of things, if it meant getting things his way. The person who was stunned in the room was Gitanajli.

"How can you say such...such...ridiculous thing to her, Anand?" He was so casual about this. Is marriage a joke to him?

"Chill Gitanjali. This is very normal in our world. People do contract marriages for their gain and there is nothing wrong in it." Anand knew Gita would react like this because of which he wanted to talk to Isha privately.

"Normal? Normal doesn't mean right, Anand. Isha, don't listen to him. If you don't want to marry this guy, don't meet him." Gita told Isha and kept her hand on her shoulder.

"Gitanjali! Stop interfering in this. And what is so wrong? They are a great family, they have money plus I am saying if she doesn't feel settled, come back after 2 years or okay, even 1 year!"
For Anand, this was an extremely normal situation. This arrangement was probably better than his parents married life. He just has to gain some more ground in Espognia and two years will be enough for that. Later, Isha can discard them if she wants.

"To you, they qualify as a great family just because they have money. Anand, marriage is not about that....it is the -"

Anand cut her off and said, "Oh for God's sake don't start with this nonsense now. And if this conversation offends, you may leave."

"No, I want to listen to know more of your great views." Gita exclaimed. Isha was just sitting awkwardly between her Bhai and Gita. She could see Gita was appalled by this but what Anand said was true. People in their world marry each other only for some gain and not out love. It was really not unheard of.

Anand took Isha's hand in his and said, "Isha, you know the amount of hardwork we have done for Espognia. And if things are escalating for greater good, I don't see what is wrong with it. The family is great for you. " He said with a softness in his voice.

He was the master of manipulation and knew to play his cards well with his family. He said some more words to convince Isha to give a thought. At this point, Gita wanted Isha to tell about her relationship but she never opened her mouth to Anand. She agreed and left.

*

"You are going to ignore me all night?" Anand asked when he noticed she didn't say a word and went to bed.

She chose the golden silence rather than arguing with him. Just when she was going to take her blanket, he snatched it from her and covered himself with it. She turned to the other side and closed her eyes. She couldn't sleep as the temperature in the room continued to drop. Goosebumps appeared on her body and she rubbed her arms. Anand usually kept the room cool but she had her blanket around her. She understood it was his way to make her talk. She tried to keep herself warm but shivered because of the temperature. She turned to see him looking at her, waiting for her to talk to him. His expression was smug, he raised a eyebrow as if asking her if she was done. She glared back at him.

Anand pulled her towards him and wrapped the blanket around them, tangling her with him. She looked cute in anger, her cheeks all red and her eyes barely controlling the rage. He pecked her on her lips and when he leaned again to peck her, she turned away her head. Now, this irritated him. He was all in the mood to shower love and she didn't even look at him. But noone ignores him. He continued to place light kisses on her face and in the crook of her neck. When she continued to give him a cold shoulder, he made her face him and placed his forehead on hers. "You are not allowed to ignore me, wife." And with that he smashed his lips on hers. "It's business, my love. You don't need to take it to heart." She was glad that he was bringing the topic which upset her and not try to bury it.

"How can you give such a ridiculous advice to your sister, Anand? Marriage is not a joke that you do it for two years and leave them." He rolled his eyes at Gita's words , knowing very well how she will lecture him on values and love.

"God, Gita...how many times do I need to tell you that these sort of marriages happen. If your sensitive heart can't handle it, leave the topic." He played with her fingertips. Gita took away her hand from his. She had no words left to exchange with him. For her, marriage is a sacred bond between two people who promise each other life time of love, respect and trust. And her husband had asked his sister to build her marriage on a fake foundation, just because they have a good hold in Espognia and is of great help to Anand.
Her eyes watered not because he called her sensitive but because he had so little respect for marriage.

"I will anyday take sensitive than being heartless like you." Gita uttered to him. Disappointment clear in her voice.
"If marriage holds so little importance to you, it means you can do the same to me, to us." Her chin wobbled at that thought. He looked at her stunned. He never expected her to say something like this and somehow it hurt him. Even after the moments they spent together, how could she not understand that he would never leave her?

He just chuckled evilly and said, "Is it? Let me make you understand," he untangled them from the bedsheet. "The reason people agree for these marriages is to gain something and once the purpose is fulfilled, they break it off. So, my lovely wife, tell me what is it that I am gaining from you? Are you someone from an influential family who would make me profitable deals and grow my network? No, I don't think so. Infact, isn't it you who has gained quite a lot from this marriage?" His words were meant to hurt her, to poke her heart like she did to him.
It was very simple, if he had any intentions of leaving her, he wouldn't have married her in the first place. Why would he invest his time in an unwanted marriage, cooking with her, gardening with her and send her some famous and loved sweet treats.

Gita was angry at his words. Her eyes were red with fire. "The only thing I want from you is your time, which you can't afford to give me. And I completely understand that. You have many things that requires your attention. You are responsible for people's livelihood. I don't want to come between you and your duties. But the way you are proud about your money...let me tell you Anand, you are not rich...not at all. You are not rich of values and humanity." Gita completed. It was necessary to show him his true self.

"And that richness doesn't feed you, doesn't give you the high of the power." He added on. He always admired her for the "values" she had. But, she needs to understand not everyone has those.

"Now, can we sleep? Whatever you want to say, do it tomorrow." He again took her in his blanket and dimmed the lights.

The next morning was a shocker as Anand informed Gita about Isha agreeing to meet the Khannas. Gita was confused and angry with Isha. If she is scared to tell Anand about her relationship, atleast she could have said no to meeting the Khannas and giving them any hopes.

"You told me contract marriages are normal. But this is not a contract marriage. The Khannas don't know your intention. What you are doing is just taking advantage of them and betray them in the end." Gita cleared her stand once again.

"You are going to school, right? Continue your moral classes there. Not here." Anand said while reading his newspaper.

Saying anything was going to make him change his decision. She just kept quiet and was about to leave for her job when Anand hold her hand.

"I...I just wanted to clear your misunderstanding, if you have any. I have never bothered to correct people if they misunderstood me but with you, it is different. Know that I don't think low of our marriage. If I wanted to leave you, I would have never married you. If I did this marriage only for my grandfather,I wouldn't have taken whatever efforts I take for you. I care for you, Gitanjali." It took him a lot to confront her with his feelings. He was not used to showing emotions and being vulnerable.

"Yes, you had made it clear last night when you said that there is no gain for you from our marriage." Gita made him leave her hand.

"Now, are you going to stick to my every word?" He asked her annoyed.

"No. I am just trying to tell you what you are doing or advising your sister to do is not correct. Relationships are not supposed to be played with. But I know you don't want to understand this. So, you can do whatever it is that you feel right."

When it came to his business, his work, she knew he does only what he feels is right.

"I am not angry with you, Anand." He was sitting on the dining seat when she kept her chin on his head and her hands crossed on his shoulder. "I am just upset. Anyway, have a good day."
He kissed her fingers and let her go.

What a great day it is already, he thought. Isha agreed to meet the family and his wife isn't upset anymore. With Isha on-board, his plans for his business in Espognia is sure to fly high. He is going to be unstoppable!

------

There are more than 600 reads on previous chapter and just 77 voted.
You can see the difference!

Please VOTE and Comment. It definitely gives the writer some motivation to write.

Thank you to all those who voted and commented..keep showering the book with your love and support.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 52.7K 77
She is Bubbly, He is Arrogant She is the ray of sunshine, He is full of darkness. This story about an plus size woman and an handsome man. Both are...
1.2M 56.3K 54
She heard that Marriages are "MADE IN HEAVEN". But she never thought she would end up having an ARRANGE MARRIAGE. And he NEVER wanted to marry. She b...
954K 9.9K 19
Earlier know as "Arranged or destine?" "why did you say that?! " Abheera asked "because you always gets in Trouble " Saransh replied "it's not like...
1.4M 101K 80
"मोहब्बत इस दुनिया की सबसे खूबसूरत चीज है। जो हमें उनसे हो गई है। अब या तो मेरी मोहब्बत उनके साथ मुकम्मल होगी या फिर उनके प्यार में फनाह होगी"। _____...