World We Created ✔️

By oncetheywrite

(Book One of the Partnered Series) 27-year-old Journee's plans for the summer were to work her butt off to ge... More

Welcome!
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue (Part One)
When Worlds Collide
When the World Ends....
All to Me (Second Book)

Epilogue (Part Two)

340 15 45
By oncetheywrite

Three Years Later:

Here we go again.

Still shady over this little beach fling with that boy? Really pressed over me? If Kyra don't enjoy that man and leave me the hell alone...

Rolling my eyes at the breakroom television screen, I walk back to my office and dust myself off as if I were ridding myself of that dusty ass nigga.

Hell yeah, I'm still pissed off. When your ex's girl is still all up your ass over some little two-week fun with her man, wouldn't you be mad too? I don't even be doing nothing to her but she has every right to harass me almost every week, keeping tabs on me through her team? It's stupid.

Nah, I'm not pissed off. I'm just bothered and it's not just because of that. The fact that my feelings were real and went along with this shit, thinking it'd work out for the both of us. This amongst other things...

That shit bothers me because it's like my feelings were just thrown in the trash.

Like, look who the clown turned out to be? How you come off as the sweetest man then act just like your fake, toxic ass friends? Just be talking to talk and shit.

Angie told me to keep that fling shit in Florida and I thought it'd be cool to take it with me, only for it to slip through my fingers. Shockingly, that ain't the only thing that I brought with me from that place.

Niggas really ain't shit. I don't have time to be bothered and pressed over this shit anymore. I got more important things to worry about. I have no reason to talk to him anymore. Since he determined where we stood, I accepted it and moved on.

But it's nice to know how his little girl really feels about me. It's cute.

"Hey, Journee. You have a visitor. Would you like for me to send them up to you?" the receptionist announces through speaker and catches my attention.

I need to fix my attitude before anybody shows up in my office. It could be the executives, Angie or the whole HR team, Cass, or even Davin.

"Yeah, go ahead and send them up."

I had two minutes to fix my poor ass attitude and get on my professional shit. Think about everything I'm grateful for and what makes me happy. That situation didn't deserve my energy.

A quick knock and open door later, Davin steps in with flowers and a restaurant bag in his hand. Looking all tall and sexy in his dark chocolate skin, he smiles at me and says "Stopped by your favorite place near downtown. You got time to have lunch together?"

"I can make the time. How you just show up at my job for lunch and bring all the things I've been craving for?" I chuckle with Davin as he sets up for lunch in the office.

Studying Davin as he passed me a slick smile, I think about the day we start talking to each other again: Dad's celebratory dinner three years ago.

Dad knew exactly what he was doing when he invited me there. At first, I felt like I didn't need to be there but he needed to hear how I felt about his attempt to 'fix' my love life.

It was a white-collar dinner. Everybody was dressed up, head-to-toe, in all white and extravagant pieces. Didn't think I'd fit in.

When I got to the house that day, I was searching for him. Certain partners, family members, some of his staff, and more people tried to catch up with me but that wasn't in my plans.

With so many people standing around and mingling, I couldn't find him so I went with the vibe and caught up with some of Dad's old college buddies. All I could do was listen to how their lives were going because I didn't want everybody in my business.

Plus, they wouldn't stop talking about themselves and I couldn't just exit the conversation, no matter how many times I tried.

Someone had to save me from the nonsense.

"Journee, lovely seeing you here. Long time, no see." Davin interrupted as he led me over towards the drinks.

"I'm surprised you're here. I thought this was a business dinner." He continued, picking up a drink.

"And I have no part in my dad's business? Nice way to continue a conversation, Davin."

His eyebrows furrow and he looked over the rim of his wine glass. Snickering at me, he removed the glass from his lips and says "Still that same strong-minded Journee from college..."

I nodded as the conversation silenced itself and I looked back to see if my dad was coming this way. Well, this convo was fun but-

"And still elegant as ever."

Nah, player. I got a man and flirting isn't going to get you past the gate. I'm on lockdown, man.

But it did make me stop at the time because it was unexpected. It wasn't what he said because Tripp would tell me how beautiful I was all the time.

It was the way Davin said it, that deep sincere tone that took me back to my college days. We were cool with each other but that's not the type of tone you use with your acquaintances.

Also, did he just call me 'elegant'? That's different from 'beautiful'. Not even Dad called me that.

All I could do was thank Davin for his compliment and walk away. It wasn't the time to go down memory lane with him.

I never got to talk to my dad that night but, eventually, he finally heard my thoughts and we talked it out.

Here I was, thinking that was going to be the last night I'd speak to Davin that closely. That was a lie straight from the pits of hell.

After Tripp slowly ignored my multiple calls and text messages with his stupid ass, I went through it. I was stressed, angry, heartbroken, and worried. There was so much going on, at the time, and I needed him. He wasn't there. Angie and Cass had to pick up the slack and help me. That's when I realized where Tripp and I stood; our love had died.

While sending a letter to Darian, I bumped into Davin at the post office. I felt so embarrassed because he looked me up and down, seeing how much Tripp's silence affected me at the time. I was down and out, looking like a depressed clown. He wasn't supposed to see me like that.

I sped past Davin and raced to my car. After a few minutes of waiting for my car to warm up, a knock hit my window and I turn to see it's Davin with my phone in hand. I instantly rolled the window down and heard him out.

"Hey, you left your phone on the counter. I know you're in a rush but...you alright, J?"

Hell no, I wasn't alright. I was furious and here was the ex to rub his nice little life in my face; his married life with a child and working for my dad, adding salt to an open wound he didn't need to know about.

I felt horrible and I didn't want to tell him everything...

But the pain in my heart made me open my lips, spilling out everything that's happened within the past year and a half. I didn't care anymore at that point.

Davin asked me to dinner and I declined but he insisted.

So, that night, I went to his place and he cooked a really good Mongolian dinner with a glass of really good, expensive Moscato. We just talked about our lives and ate some great food. I forgot that Dad told me that he went through a divorce and he has custody of his son.

After that night, we kept in touch, went out sometimes, and grew closer every time we saw each other. He took amazing care of me, in my time of need, and showed me love. Angie and Cass had to convince me to give in and be with the man.

We dated for two years and Davin proposed within that time frame.

No, I didn't say yes. I was still hurt and wasn't ready for any kind of ring. My heart was invested in this little long-distance relationship. When I realized I was being forgotten and ignored, I felt so small. It took me so long to get over that hump because I welcomed that fool into my space...

My world of dreams and happiness. I did all that for him to burn everything down and leave me to start all over again.

Luckily for us, as humans, we can make things grow back by rebuilding it and taking better care of it.

The thought of starting all over was what brought me down. I wanted to do it by myself and stay single for the rest of my life. I thought it would prevent me from looking stupid again.

Davin wasn't having it. I needed him more than ever, at the time, and he wasn't just going to go away. He planned this big set up of roses and candles with Angie and Cass' help. He asked for the third time and I finally said yes.

Now, as an engaged editor who's pregnant with another child, I'm blessed to have the life I have now. A loving fiancée, wonderful children- one who's been baking for about five months now, amazing friends, and a beneficial career.

Speaking of my family, the day goes by so fast and it's six in the evening. Angie, Cass, and I walk to our cars and talk about the baby shower they're planning.

"Well, Journee can't go out with us anymore because she's got another baby in her belly. What we gonna do for your bachelorette party?" Cass complains playfully.

"We're gonna wait on that. When baby number two comes out and she loves on it for a while, we'll go get drunk and shit. Journee, we're so proud of you." Angie says as they come in for a group hug with me.

That warm, family hug was the hug I needed. I almost got emotional until Cass stopped me. She knows how vulnerable I am at the moment.

Maybe it was great that Darian moved to Florida and married Ryker. They're perfect for each other anyway. We still talk but she'd probably find a way to make this moment about her.

We go our separate ways and I drive myself home, thinking about how far I've came since three years ago.

There was another period where I wanted the candle of love to die in my heart. Davin keeps the flame going and my world has flourished since he's captured my heart.

Maybe Tripp and I just weren't ready. We were just blinded by the atmosphere and I realize that I was more vulnerable that I thought I was, trying to hold up a wall that was just a piece of paper.

Entering the house, I catch sight of Davin sleeping on the couch with the two oldest babies in his arms. They're watching a movie until I slam the door on accident, waking him up from his slumber and taking the kids' attention away from the tv.

"MOMMY!" They shout as they move out of Davin's hold and race over to me. Nicholas hugs my leg while Noah begs for me to pick him up. Unfortunately, I'm too tired to do anything but sit down.

Plus, we're trying to keep that down. These children want attention so much. I love them but they should play with each other right now.

I look up and see my delicious-looking soon-to-be husband walk around me. His warm embrace helps me feel better and his dainty kisses against my skin turn me on.

"I have to go help set up some last-minute things for the Florida location, so I'll be gone for about a week. I'll be back for you as soon as possible." Davin whispers in my ear and turns me on even more. I'm my horniest when I'm pregnant.

Nicholas and Noah go to play in the living room and we watch them share their toys with each other. My heart hurt a little because Noah looked nothing like the man I was about to marry.

I want to shed a tear because I know I messed up. Noah doesn't deserve any of this.

"When do you think you'll be ready to tell Noah?" Davin says as he rubs my belly and kisses on my neck, hoping I'd feel better.

It's certainly working because I'm feeling better in the nether regions.

Dimming my eyelids, I shake my head and bite on my bottom lip, remember that last letter.

'Remember me as your partner and friend. Remember the love we've shared and time we've had with each other. Remember the beautiful little world we created...together.'

Yeah, there's no way I can forget any of that now.

No matter how upset I feel, I will never regret the cutest little world that we've created: my sweet Noah.

"I'll tell Noah when I think he's ready."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 2.6K 31
Every summer the girls rent out an airbnb that allows two other people to rent the other half. Everytime they stay the girls wait to see who rents it...
7K 1.6K 24
☆ 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 @𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 ☆ Sun, sea and surfing...it's Skye's version of paradise - so why does everythi...
3.4K 471 34
Two weeks. Two weeks of sun, sand and stress-free fun. At least that's the package Lizzie was sold. Little does she know, the package was a dream. A...
149K 5.8K 30
Riley Olson has moved approximately 17 times in her life, and this summer will bring Move Number 18. After she decides to drops out of college, her p...