Asgardian Goddess of Beauty a...

By AdmirableNature

*BOOK 1 of the Asgardian Goddess of Beauty and Battle series* Currently being edited. Rosalie woke up in a mu... More

Author's Note
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
Edited Edition
Part 1, Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four

CHAPTER 26

34 5 8
By AdmirableNature

I had shown Shelly around where I could, leaving out most places since it wasn't her place to be. We came across Frigga and I gave her a hug, missing her absence.

When we parted, I turned to Shelly. 'This is Frigga, the one I was talking to you about with helping me excel my magic abilities.'

Shelly nodded in recognition, sticking her hand out and gently shook Frigga's hand. 'Pleased to meet you.'

Frigga smiled and I lifted a hand to whisper in Shelly's ear. 'She's the Queen of Asgard. I forgot to mention that.'

Shelly's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. 'What do we do about that?'

Frigga waved a hand. 'You needn't do a thing dear.'

Shelly nodded, relieved she hadn't missed something to appreciate royalty.

'Is Thor here?' I believe Shelly had blurted that out without much thought.

I quickly interrupted. 'My greatest apologies Frigga, but we must be on our way. I'm giving Shelly a short tour.'

Frigga smiled. 'Oh that is quite alright. I'm glad you visited and I do hope you are enjoying such a place.'

She nodded vigorously. 'Who wouldn't enjoy this place. It's amazing.'

At that Frigga gave a nod and turned to me. 'If you have time I would like to speak to you a little later.'

I frowned but quickly replaced it with a smile and nodded. 'Sure.'

At that, Frigga began walking away.

I lightly elbowed Shelly in the side. 'Why would you ask about Thor?'

'Hey!' Shelly rubbed her ribs in slight pain. 'I was just curious.'

I shrugged. 'He's probably out fighting.'

'Oh, okay.'

I raised my eyebrows and turned my head a little. 'But Loki is here if you want to see him.'

Shelly vigorously shook her head, taking a step back and holding her hands up. 'Hell no!'

I laughed at her response. I felt as though I wanted to visit him, but knew Shelly wouldn't dare to. I didn't even know why I got the feeling to want to pay him a visit, but something inside me said I wanted to. I almost felt saddened that I couldn't. Argh. What was wrong with me? I couldn't think to visit him. That was wrong.

I slightly shook my head and began walking with Shelly. I did a little more touring, telling her of my memories I most place. Discussing how feasts would occur in the dinning room, dances and even catching the unwanted attention of males.

I told her all about Odr. 'He was the love of my life. I thought there was no one else who I could ever love. We were even going to get married. I was walking down the throne hall to tell my parents that I was ready for them to walk me down the isle, but that was cut short.'

I leaned against the balcony railing, gazing at the water below.

Shelly frowned. 'So that whole time you were walking around in your wedding dress?'

I frowned in realisation. 'Yeah. I guess I was.'

I heard footsteps behind us, turning to see Frigga. Shelly did as well and we both realised she was there to talk to me.

Frigga held out a hand for me to come to her. 'Walk with me.'

I turned to Shelly, as did Frigga. 'Would you mind staying there. I'll come back to get you and then we'll probably head back home.'

Shelly nodded, giving me the okay. I turned back to Frigga and began walking with her through the palace. What could she possibly need to say to me?

Frigga chuckled. 'You're wondering what I have to say, it's not something you would guess. So I'll save you the hassle.' She turned her head to the side to look at me. 'I know you want to pay him a visit. I thought you wouldn't dare forgive him for his actions like most, but past love has made you see things you didn't know you could see in him. I don't think you even know that yourself. You should go see him.'

I pinched my eyebrows together. 'You really think so? But isn't it wrong to feel how I do?'

I knew Frigga was wise and I would always take her advice, but I thought I was feeling wrong to want to see him.

Frigga smiled. 'Believe me, what I see and know about how you are feeling is far more than what you have even come across to think. I will let time sort it out for you, but I know you will understand what I mean when that time comes for you to realise.'

I was very confused by Frigga's words, but I trusted them.

We stopped in our tracks and turned to each other. 'I'll visit him through an illusion of myself. It'll be easier that way and if Shelly sees me, she won't know.

I made an illusion of myself to visit Loki in his cell. Frigga and I continued walking though.

I smirked. 'I've practiced my magic abilities. I'm getting much better and I have to thank you again for helping me with it.'

Frigga waved it off. 'You are quite welcome. It was a short time for you to learn so much but we managed. You did well and I'm sure you will continue to grow and be more familiar with your magic.'

I looked to the floor to hide my smile. 'Thank you.' I looked behind me. 'I should probably head back to Shelly now.'

We stopped and Frigga turned to me, smiling. 'Very well. I shall see you another time.'

I gave a sad smile. 'Maybe, I can't really know when I'll be back.'

Frigga nodded and I gave her a hug before I turned to walk back to Shelly. When I found the balcony she was on, I cleared my throat.

She jumped and turned around. 'Shall we go now?'

I nodded in agreement. She joined my side and we began walking to the Bifrost.

Illusion in Loki's cell.

I had sent my illusion to the corner of Loki's cell. I observed him as he read a book in his green and gold lounge. He had pain in his eyes. He looked lonely and as though something troubled him. He was hurt by the lack of attention from his father. He wanted to be Thor's equal. Thor got a throne when he couldn't. Thor had the birthright to sit on the throne while Loki could not. Loki was a frost giant and he thought Thor was favoured over him just because of who he was. Frigga and Odin never wanted him to feel different. They wanted him to feel like family, because that's who he was to them. That's what Frigga had told me and as I stood and watched him, it all made sense. I could see the pain in his eyes. It sent a rush of sympathy through me to see it.

'Why have you come here?'

I jumped at the sudden disrupt of my thoughts. His voice deep and in question of my presence.

I couldn't reply to his words and began moving towards him.

Loki looked up from his book, closing it. He stood up walking a few steps forward.

A frown forming on his still face. 'You claim to hate me yet you still visit?'

I held my palms out. 'Yeah.'

That was the only word I could say in response to his question. To see him face-to-face and meet eyes with him when he isn't raging and trying to kill innocent people was different. He was still the same, hungry for a throne, but when he wasn't cruel because he couldn't be, he was different.

Loki's frown relaxed. 'You just stay away now can you?'

I shook my head in response. I was unable to say anything and I was getting frustrated at myself. I couldn't react that way. It was wrong. It was wrong for me to even be in his presence.

I looked away. 'I should probably go.'

As I looked back up at Loki, he took a few steps back and sat down again, resting an elbow on his knee as he watched me.

I began to feel uncomfortable, or what I thought was uncomfortable, and turned to leave. I looked back again, seeing Loki still watching me. I gave a small smile before I walked my illusion into the cell barrier that would zap when touched, buy being an illusion, it disappeared without disrupting the transparent orange barrier.

Normal self

Shelly and I had made it to the bridge and I smiled before shape shifting into the mare yet again. I wondered what Loki was thinking and I wondered if he thought I was crazy like I did. I don't know if he hated me, but how I treated him those few times, I'd be sure he did.

I had lowered myself so Shelly could mount. I took off galloping when she was comfortable and made it to the Bifrost in a minute. I let Shelly dismount and shape shifted into my normal self. Heimdall returned us to Midgard and Shelly and I walked into our home.

She walked to the kitchen sink and looked out of the window. 'The sun is setting here, why wasn't it in Asgard?'

I chuckled. 'The sun never sets. Asgard doesn't orbit around the sun, nor does the sun orbit around Asgard.'

Shelly turned around and frowned at me. 'So the sun never moves in Asgard?'

I nodded.

Her mouth dropped open in surprise. 'That's insane. How do you sleep?'

I shrugged. 'Its not really that bad to be honest.'

I waved a hand at Shelly to return her to her normal Midgardians clothing. She was still gobsmacked but shook her head to refocus.

She smiled. 'That was so fun. Asgard is so beautiful.'

I smiled back at her. 'It was worth it now wasn't it?'

She nodded vigorously in agreement and I laughed, knowing I was right to begin with.

I starred walking towards the hallway. 'I'll be going to have a shower now.'

Shelly followed me. 'I agree. I'll see you in 15.'

I smiled, knowing I take half that time since I don't have to dry myself with a towel or put my clothes on.

After finishing my shower, I rolled my shoulders back to dry myself and put on my gold pajamas with my magic.

I walked to the kitchen and stared preparing dinner while Shelly had the water still running.

I was making us some spaghetti bolognese and was halfway through transporting the noodles into the pot of boiling water through telekinesis when Shelly entered.

She raided her eyebrows. 'Damn, I wish my life could be that easy.'

I laughed as I placed the noodles into the water and went into stirring the balls of mince in the tomato sauce that I made. I was sitting down whilst I was working the food into being cooked.

It was lazy, but it was easy. I would use my magic to my advantage as I had said. Shelly sat down with me and went on her phone to kill time. When I was done, I moved the dishes of food through the air and placed them in front of Shelly and I. We lifted our knife's and forks and got stuck into eating.

My phone dinged beside me with a notification to say that I had an email. I rested my utensils beside my plate and checked the email.

It was from Fury and read:

A few of my team and I have decided to ask if you wanted to join The Avengers.
Now I know you might think I would be crazy to ask but we thought it might be a chance for you to prove that you aren't what the public think of you.

If you accept, then I'll have an agent come around to have you sign a document. You will be alerted when we need you and we will get you equipped with what you need.

If you do not accept, then we will leave it at that, but the offer will always be there.

We want you on the team, you would be a great help when in need.

Thanks
Agent Hill and Fury

I looked up at Shelly, sure she would be able to see my shock.

She frowned. 'What is it?'

'Fury wants me to join the team.'

Shelly shook her head. 'And what us the team?'

'The Avengers.' I was stoked to even say such words.

Shelly raised her eyebrows in surprise. 'Why? I mean I understand you're powerful and all but I thought he wouldn't want what the public see as a monster like Loki on the team.'

I leant forward. 'But that's the thing, he thought it would help prove that I am good. But he also wants me on the team because I'd be a good help to them.'

I picked up my fork and swirled some pasta around it, shoving it in my mouth and chewing it.

Shelly frowned. 'So what will you do?'

I swallowed my food before I spoke. 'I know I aim to protect earth as my pay to honor the lost lives because of my and to pay to those in grief, as well as proving that I have good intentions, but u feel like it won't be enough to prove that. I also feel like I don't want to be involved in that kind of thing. All the fighting and stuff is great, but I don't want to do what I did before.'

Shelly nodded. 'That makes sense.'

I shrugged. 'I just don't know, because I want to payback to the people and I want to prove myself, but I had found my past. That was my aim and goal and everything feels right. All I really want to do now is prove that I am good. I just know that it will be a while till I can do that. Other than that I just want to live a normal life on earth, because I know one thing is for sure, I'll be staying here on earth with you. And as I have done a few times already, I'll shape shifted into a bird and check up on James without anyone even knowing. I don't want to be on some team and screw everything up. I tried helping before and that didn't work so well. I want to protect and pay back to those in grief but I just don't want to get into that mess. I really don't.'

Shelly smiled. 'Well it sounds like you have made your decision.'

I nodded in agreement and sent Fury a response to his email. I made sure to explain my reasons for my decline and to say that it may change but probably won't.

When I placed my phone down after I had sent the email, I relaxed into the back of my chair and looked out of the sink window.

I never thought I could find my past, and now that I had, everything felt right. Everything except the opinions towards me was complete. I finally had what I wanted and I was living a better life than I could have asked for, regardless of the hurdles I was facing and now had to jump.

The only thing I wish I could change was the public's view upon me, but I would do that over time and when the time was right. I may have felt as though I was living when I wasn't meant to, but I was grateful I survived the Titan invasion upon my family and was glad that I was living.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

475K 17K 38
After Loki was brought back from Midgard, he was a trial held for him to determine his punishment. For his actions against Midgard, he was to be put...
2.7K 127 31
Growing up on Asgard was one thing, but being the daughter of Loki was another. Layla grew up learning magic, but was never fond of her father's ways...
420 4 10
With no home to go back to, and no family to return to, she is left to face reality. A young girl, broken down, and having her family and frien...
7.5K 328 51
Book 2 of the series. Book 1 is: you will be mine. An avenger + Loki fan fic After the events of the previous book Alice is now on her own. From le...