The Twins' Mates (Werewolf St...

By LeonardoMontero531

Felix and Daphne Ford are 17 years old twins who are forced to move to a small town, after their father gets... More

Chapter 1: Start All Over [Again]
Chapter 2: Let it be
Chapter 3: Smells like teen spirit
Chapter 4: Wild world
Chapter 5: Wrecking ball
Chapter 6: To be with you
Chapter 7: Against all odds
Chapter 8: My girl
Chapter 9: Decode
Chapter 10: Girlfriend
Chapter 12: God is a woman
Chapter 13: Whatta man / Seven Nation Army
Chapter 14: You Don't Even Know It
Chapter 15: All I Have To Do Is Dream
Chapter 16: Kiss me
Chapter 17: Can't Get You Out Of My Head
Chapter 18: Oops!...I Did It Again
Chapter 19: Cryin'
Chapter 20: U Got It Bad
Chapter 21: Dangerous Woman
Chapter 22: I'm with you / Complicated
Chapter 23: What's up
Chapter 24: Hungry like the Wolf
Chapter 25: Hello
Chapter 26: Grenade
Chapter 27: Roar
Chapter 28: Come Undone / I'm yours
Chapter 29: Talking to the Moon
Chapter 30: Fighter
Chapter 31: Rolling in the Deep
Chapter 32: Here with me
Chapter 33: Hold on my heart
Chapter 34: How can I go on
Chapter 35: I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
Chapter 36: Wolves
Chapter 37: It's my party / Love of my life
Chapter 38: Take on me
Chapter 39: I Hear The Day Has Come
Chapter 40: ME! | That Thing You Do
Chapter 41: My Happy Ending
Chapter 42: My Life is going on
Chapter 43: Bye, bye, bye
Chapter 44: Words get in the way
Chapter 45: Dangerously in love
Chapter 46: Into the unknown
Chapter 47: Without you
Chapter 48: Un-break my heart
Chapter 49: Stitches / Mercy / In my blood
Chapter 50: New rules / Stay with me
Chapter 51: I will always love you [EPILOGUE]
Bonus Chapter: I don't want to be | One | There's nothing holding me back
Bonus Chapter: Warrior
New Novel: The Twins' Dilemma
New Novel: The Orphan's Mate

Chapter 11: Can't stop the feeling

2.4K 107 1
By LeonardoMontero531

Daphne

As one can imagine after the eventful afternoon I had yesterday, I couldn't shake the image of Nate shifting into a freaking werewolf out of my head.

For one, it's much weirder than I thought. And the process is slower than what they showed at the movies. But then again, I thought that was a fantasy, not based on real life.

Felix hounded me with questions yesterday after they left, but I kept my promise. Mainly because he'd think I'm insane for saying Nate's a werewolf and somehow I am supposed to be his soulmate.

Later at school, I avoided him like a plague. And he seems to get the message cause he doesn't look for me. That or he's also avoiding me.

But I prefer to think he's respecting my boundaries, especially after our disastrous first encounter.

Unfortunately, I simply can't stop thinking about him. No matter how hard I try.

Our entire conversation kept playing in my head, making it impossible for me to concentrate in any class. The only time I took a break from it was when I caught Felix drooling over his brother. Which didn't help much, since Nate was standing not far from us, talking to his friends and family.

Finally, after the final bell, I mustered the courage and went after him. At least, so we could talk some more.

As he was leaving school, I approached him.

"Hi, there. Can we talk?" - I made him look at me.

"Hi, Daphne. Yes, of course we can. But I can't miss my bus again. Do you want to come with me?" - He asked in a cordial tone.

"Come with you where?" - I replied, surprised.

"Well, to my house." - He said, nonchalant.

"What?! You've barely known me. How are you inviting me to go to your house?" - I questioned him, honestly shocked.

"Exactly! The best way to get to know you is to talk freely. And the only place we can do that is at my house." - He explained. I should think it's crazy, but I find it hard to argue his logic.

"OK. But how will I make it back to mine?" - I asked, genuinely intrigued.

"I'll drive you over there, don't worry about it." - He assured me.

"Fine, you win. But don't get any ideas! I just want to talk!" - I warned him.

Suddenly, he comes close to me, grabs my hand and puts it on his chest, over his heart. Then, he looks deep into my eyes and declare:

"You have nothing to fear from me! I would never EVER do anything to you without your permission. In fact, I would lay down my life for you in a heartbeat should you need it!" - His green eyes were so penetrating it threw me off a little.

He spoke so confidently, so sincere and looked so deeply in my eyes I got a little flustered.

"OK, I believe you! Don't need to be weird about it!" - I croaked, taking my hand back.

I texted Felix explaining that I wouldn't take the bus with him, where I was going and he all but shouted at me via text. But I ignored it! I was too intrigued to pass up this opportunity, to be honest!

After we got off the bus, we stopped at the gate of this huge property. I mean, the walls surrounding it looked like they went on for miles.

There were some guards at it who gave us access to go inside, but they all kept staring at me.

We went in, his siblings, friends and I. Apparently a lot of other kids lived there too, cause the entire bus basically consisted of kids coming to this property.

"Are they all..." - I said to Nate looking suspiciously at the guards.

"Yes, they are. You have to understand humans aren't allowed to enter the pack compound." - He explained in a worried tone.

"Then why the hell did you invite me here?! Aren't you gonna get in trouble?" - I replied very worriedly.

"You're my mate, Daphne, you're bound to be in my life! There's no point in denying this..." - He stated in a serious tone.

"So you keep saying it!" - I interrupted him as we walked inside. - "Wait, so that means all your friends are also..."

"Yes, they are! Everyone you see here is!" - It was Nate's time to interrupt me.

"Try to be cool about it, human, or else we'll have you for dinner!" - Denise deadpans.

At this, I stopped walking. My face looked terrified. But Nate nudged me to keep going, saying:

"She's joking! No one is allowed to harm humans! Especially someone's mate!" - He clarified and I resumed walking. The land was massive! There seems to be a lot of walking ahead.

"Really? Wow! Thank God! But why?" - I sighed in relief.

"Alpha's orders!" - Nate replied.

"What's an Alpha?" - I asked quizzically.

"Alpha is the highest ranking werewolf. The leader of the pack. And his orders are not to be disobeyed." - He spoke dead seriously.

"What happens if someone disobeys them?" - I asked, curiosity dripping. Everyone looked at me astonished.

"No one disobeys my father if they know what's good for them!" - Denise interjected in a menacing tone.

"Well, you either get expelled from the pack or challenged by the Alpha, depending on the infraction." - He explained, as we continued walking.

"Wow! And what happens in a challenge?" - I was intrigued.

"You die!" - Denise replied in an eerie tone. I gasped in shock.

"Can you stop, please?" - Nate pleaded to her. - "But yes, she's telling the truth! In a challenge, you fight to the death! And no one has ever beaten the Alpha!" - He informed me in an ever so serious tone.

"So, the Alpha sounds like a dictator."- I pondered, which made everyone look at me scared.

"Please don't say that! Especially NOT in front of my parents!" - His face was begging me. - "And no, he's not! Everyone here is free. But there are rules, just like in any society." - Nate elaborated.

"Okay. Wow! This is huge! How many people are there in this pack?" - I wondered, astonished by the place.

"Not everyone lives here, of course, this is just our main territory. But we're almost 500!" - He informed me.

"500! Oh my God! There are 500 werewolves in town?!" - I yelled, almost stopping in my tracks.

"Yes, there are! We're the largest pack on the entire East Coast!" - He told me, admiring.

I'm gobsmacked at this revelation.

"So, I'm curious about something. Now that you know I'm supposed to be your soulmate..."

"You are my mate! There's no doubt about it!" - Nate interrupted me.

"Anyway, are you going to... bite me? To turn me?" - I wondered, my voice was so fearful it barely emitted a sound. But everyone heard me all right.

Everybody but Nate laughed, which annoyed the hell out of me.

"Guys, come on! Have some respect! She's human!" - Nate chastised them. And then he turned to me. - "No, I'm not going to bite you..." - He answered, holding back a laugh. - "Werewolves are born. You can't turn anyone into them."

I can't help but sigh in relief.

"Good! Because I'm not ready to become one anyway." - I stated firmly.

"I understand, but maybe hold off on any more questions til we're alone. You don't need the audience." - Nate replied, empathically.

"I agree." - I said, looking at his sister distrustfully. I don't think she likes me very much, particularly. Not that I cared anyway.

After a while walking, everyone of his friends entered their respective houses as we went along. At the end of the property, we reached a magnificent house that looked more like a mansion. My jaw was on the floor! I've never seen a house so big before in my life.

"Welcome to the pack house." - Nate stated. And then he invited me inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.2K 2.8K 68
Pulled into a war he never asked to be a part of. Landon Barnett was groomed from birth to succeed his father as the next Alpha of the Regency Falls...
146K 5.6K 46
•Book 1• Young vampire Ashton has lived a life of his own since he was a little boy. After a tragic attack to his coven by a pack of werewolves, he w...
119K 5.8K 113
When young wolf shifts for the first time, their whole life shifts with them. Suddenly they can't see the world just from their perspective. Every ye...
72.3K 1.6K 20
This story is about how a new kid who is a nerd ends up getting these 2 twin wolfs brothers to fall for him and these twins are the captain of the fo...