Fields of Gold (MYG)✔️

By AmandaAcheron

MYGFF BOOK 1:3 "Can you really live with this man for six months falling in love with him on the daily and be... More

Author's Note
~Five years into the Future~
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 60
Blessed Yule, Merry Christmas, etc etc etc
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
34+35
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
~Epilogue~

Part 59

433 27 0
By AmandaAcheron

The next morning, you arrived bright and early with guests in tow. Apparently, Yoongi had asked Jason and Derek for guest passes and Tae and Jimin got themselves back into their uncle outfits and you all bundled down to the set.

Yoongi had the early call and was in hair and makeup almost immediately, so you escorted Jimin and Tae around. Thankfully Tae toned down the voice for his uncle outfit, so he wasn't constantly shouting, but you'd forgotten how slow Jimin's walk was in his, so it kind of evened out your walk around the film lot.

You managed to get both Jimin and Tae into the trailer, then went into the bedroom while they took off at least the top half of the prosthetics for their outfits so they could breathe.

You felt terrible that they had to be in all that just in order to be in public, but Jimin assured you it was safer for everyone this way.

"Lesson learned the hard way (Y/N)," was all he would tell you, but the look in Tae's eyes and the hand on Jimin's leg nervously tapping told you how important it was. You mentioned to the boys that you hadn't yet seen Yoongi's public outing outfit and they both giggled.

"You'll recognize him Noona, but he doesn't have to use it very often. I'm surprised you don't need security here at all, I kind of like the obliviousness of Americans," said Tae and you agreed that your fellow countrymen didn't seem to be mobbing the boys while they were here.

"But we also haven't gone to a music store, or anyplace that screams "K-POP IDOL"," you said using air quotes around Idol and Jimin nodded.

"People see what they want to see, but when they see this outfit, they don't see Park Jimin, and I'm ok with that," he said, and you smiled.

You got the text from the PA you'd been dreading. They were ready for you in hair and makeup. You frowned so hard at your phone, Jimin laughed.

"It's really not that terrible (Y/N), honest," said Jimin and you groaned. You stood up and leaned over and poked him in the tummy.

"That's because you don't have to be in corsets and a hoop skirt when you do it Jimin," you responded. You made sure the boys were comfortable and let them know either you or Yoongi or your friend Derek would come get them in about an hour and bring them over to where they could watch the film. Tae pointed to the fridge and Jimin grabbed the tv remote.

"We're good Noona, off you go, no delays!" said Tae, and he pushed you out the door of the trailer.

You grumbled to yourself about little brothers and headed off to the makeup trailer. You greeted the people in the trailer, and they immediately got you into a chair and started their work. Yoongi had reminded you to bring your earbuds and you left one out so you could listen to the commands of the artists working your hair and face.

You knew from the script and some of Yoongi's costuming that the film seemed to be set somewhere between 1870 and 1900 in Chicago and so you were expecting it when the hairdresser started to wrap your hair in coke cans.

"Volume," he said, and you nodded. You tuned back into your music and closed your eyes against the warmth of the curling irons and bobby pins being pushed into your skull.

You opened your eyes a bit later to see your hair had been piled up on your head, in some imitation of a Gibson girl. You complimented the hairdresser on the beautiful knot he'd done on your hair, and he shook his head as he contemplated it.

"There's a few angles to this shot, so even if they find the hat they want you in, there still should be a shot of you from behind so the knot will make it into the film," he said and you smiled, still fairly firm in your belief all this effort was silly because it was just going to be cut.

As the hairdresser declared your hair acceptable, another person swooped in and brought you over to costuming.

"I know David needed to do your hair first, but now we're running a bit late Miss. How are you on corsets?" and you turned to reassure the stylist that you had been to the renfaire before and were familiar with corsetry and so long as you could breathe, you'd be fine.

They smiled and brought you into the changing area. You noted the skirts were already on the ground and approved the methodology they were going to use. You'd hoped you wouldn't have to dive into the skirts and had worried about the hair, but these people were professionals.

You quickly stripped off your street clothes and began the process of putting on the under garments and the button up boots they offered you. After the boots came the pantaloons, then one petticoat. After that came a string of hoops and bustles, then the first overskirt. The day dress came over that and the look was finished with a neat little jacket.

The stylist looked you over and nodded.

"You'll do. Can you walk in all that," he asked and you executed a small pirouette and the stylist nodded again.

"Alright miss, once you set onto set, we'll wait to see if they want you hat on or hat off and then start the run throughs.

You agreed and walked down the steps and out the door. You followed the stylist through the backlot noting the massive hat they were carrying and thought longingly about the warm bath you were going to be taking to relieve the ache from carrying that hat around all day.

You stepped around a corner of the building and suddenly you were on a very short Victorian street. The stylist waved his arm and you leaned around him to see the PA scurrying towards you.

"Hullo Miss (L/N), please follow me and we'll get started blocking," said the PA indicating you should follow him. You couldn't see Yoongi or the boys, so you hoped Derek would remember he was supposed to get them eventually.

The PA found the spot he wanted you and you watched another man step away from the camera and come over to you.

"Hello Miss (L/N), I'm Brendon Johnson, the screenwriter. Derek had said he thought you'd be ok with this small scene, how do you feel," he asked, and you tugged your skirts out into a small curtsey and smiled for him.

"It is lovely to meet you Mr. Johnson, please call me (Y/N)," you said, and he nodded in agreement.

"Of course. We'll start by positioning you here and see what happens. I've been toying with some scene rewrites, as you know from supporting Mr. Min, but I think with this scene I'm pretty happy with it," he said, and you were relieved to hear it was still going to only be the two lines you'd already memorized.

The PA stepped back over, and you went over some cues the director wanted you to pay attention to. Apparently, they would be adding in some horses and carriages in the "street" in post editing and so you needed to act like they were there now. The large green screen foam block in the middle of the street would stand in for the horses for now.

Following the instructions from the PA and the first assistant director, you opened your parasol and began to walk up the little sidewalk towards the steps of the brownstone in front of you.

Walk ten steps, wait three seconds turn and say your lines.

The PA let you know they wanted the hat on after all and the stylist descended upon you with a bottle of hairspray and a mouthful of bobby pins. You then waited a few more minutes and a young lady stepped onto the set in a similar get up to what you had on, and you figured she was your walking partner.

The two of you greeted one another and then practiced walking for a few minutes until you thought your steps would go together as the director wanted.

You and your scene partner started walking up to the steps and back again while people worked the lighting to get it where it needed to be.

This time when you turned around to walk back to the end of the street you smiled to see your "uncles" standing and waving behind the cameras. You still didn't see Yoongi, but you waved quietly to your uncles.

Tae raised his arms over his head in a victory cheer and Jimin clenched his fist in a gesture you knew he did when he said hwaiting and it made you smile.

You turned back to set, and the PA came over and said, "OK ladies, let's roll," and you took a deep breath. You smiled at your scene partner and waited for the call to begin.

You started your walk again and made sure to tilt your head down so that the exquisite knot under your hat showed through, but also looked like you were leaning over to talk to your scene partner. You walked the ten steps to the faux brownstone steps and turned to your scene partner and said your lines and waited for the call to stop. When that didn't happen, you straightened up and turned to your left to see Yoongi and his normal scene partner walking around the foam block and onto the sidewalk in front of you.

Yoongi inclined his head in an old-fashioned nod of his character, and you struggled to keep your blush down and inclined your head in the same manner. Yoongi and his partner wander up the steps and you and your scene partner started walking again past the steps.

This time you heard the call to cut and stopped. Your partner stood up and frowned.

"That went longer than it was supposed to, I hope it isn't a rewrite," she said, and you agreed.

"This hat is heavy," you whispered and the two of you giggled. You looked over your shoulder to see Yoongi descending the steps and you watched as his eyes tracked to where you were standing, and that small smile came out again.

"Is that your partner," asked the woman standing next to you and you turned away from Yoongi and nodded.

"Yes, he is," you said proudly.

The PA came over and asked you to reset yourselves and they'd film it once more, but the director liked what he'd seen the first time.

You thought that sounded promising.

Six hours later, you finally were able to climb the steps to the costuming trailer, looking forward to nothing more than getting the stupid hat out of your hair.

Literally.

As the afternoon had worn on, more and more hairspray had been needed to get the hat to behave and you thought you'd have to wash your hair a million times to get the product out.

It turned out that the PA had been right, and the director had liked what he'd seen the first time, but the lighting was troublesome as it had been in nearly every scene. By hour four, you had decided that the director had really wanted to shoot on a Victorian street outside, but the budget for this production didn't extend to shutting down an entire street, which is why the lighting was always a problem.

You'd sent Jimin and Tae back home hours before because you were worried about how hot they were getting inside their suits. You'd been able to check your phone later and saw Jimin had texted you that they were home and going to order in for supper tonight.

You stripped as fast as the stylist and his assistants could untie the skirts and were thrilled to not be wearing 20lbs of clothes for the first time in hours. You sat for the hairdresser, and he apologized a million times for the amount of product in your hair. He finally had to resort to spraying water on your hair in an attempt to get the hat off without pulling half your hair out at the roots. Finally, he was able to lift it off and you only lost a few strands of hair. Your eyes watered but you did the tugging to get it off just to be able to go home sooner.

You were done with all this nonsense; this was your limit. You said thank you to the stylist for all his work and told him you'd shower at home, and he patted you on the shoulder and said "Good Job" before he showed you to the door of the trailer.

The night air felt good on your skin as you felt nearly naked without the weight of the costume. You dragged your feet, one in front of the other back over to where Yoongi's trailer was before you saw a pair of Converse in your way.

Frowning you looked up to find a smiling Yoongi in front of you. He reached up and tucked some stray hairs away from your face before he took your hand in his.

"Come on Babygirl, let's head home for today," he said, and you nodded. You were happy to be done with your small corner of Hollywood for today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

371K 15.7K 59
"You don't understand!" Shouted out Jimin in frustration while a soft pant left his lips as the boy stopped right in his tracks to rest at the trunk...
46.8K 3.4K 67
This is Book three in my soulmate series. I recommend to read first "With The First Kiss" and follow it up with "Fake Love" before tackling this one...
179K 5.2K 26
Lilly is a 17 year old girl that is about to garaduate high school. Unfortunately her music teacher will send her to South Korea to another teacher t...
2.2K 143 26
Lee Y/N has had a hard life from the beginning. After having to grow up as a rogue, it's safe to say she's tired of her life and doesn't know how muc...