Fields of Gold (MYG)✔️

By AmandaAcheron

MYGFF BOOK 1:3 "Can you really live with this man for six months falling in love with him on the daily and be... More

Author's Note
~Five years into the Future~
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Blessed Yule, Merry Christmas, etc etc etc
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
34+35
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
~Epilogue~

Part 53

416 25 7
By AmandaAcheron

You walked into the house in time to hear your Aunt Pat asking after Tae's family in the same slightly broken Korean that your Uncle Bob used, the same he had taught you all those years ago. You smiled to hear it and to watch Jimin and Tae sit at the table of your childhood memories.

You had loved coming out to the farm and visiting with your cousins when you were younger. After your parents had passed, you had declined coming to live with your aunt and uncle because you wanted this place to remain a place of happy memories and were happy to walk into the warm kitchen and find nothing here to bring any sorrow.

Yoongi caught your arm at the door.

"(Y/N), why are your family speaking with a Daegu dialect in their speech," Yoongi asked.

You turned to him and shrugged.

"I had no idea that's why it didn't sound right," you said.

Yoongi laughed.

"It's correct, sometimes your words do that too and I couldn't figure out why. You have the machine accent of learning, and I assumed any other accent was because I was your only conversation partner, but Jimin pointed it out too." Yoongi scooted past you into the kitchen to sit at the table and greet your aunt again as your uncle closed the door behind you and stepped inside to take off his boots.

"Uncle Bob, why do you guys speak Korean with a Daegu accent? Yoongi just mentioned it, and I've never thought about it before," you asked.

Uncle Bob watched you while he bent to take his hat off.

"Oh, (Y/N) you remember my friend Chester from Korea, Kyung-Soo lives in Daegu now," said Uncle Bob. You vaguely remembered listening to your uncle's stories of his time stationed in Korea when you were younger. Mostly because they reminded you when your mom and Aunt Pat had forced you to have a pen pal.

"Oh, that's Yucky's uncle right," you laughed trying to remember. You had been 12 or 13 the last time you had written each other, it was so long ago.

You turned to find a chair to sit next to Yoongi when you noticed he had frozen in the act of sitting down.

You pulled out a chair and sat next to Yoongi and watched as he sat down and turned to you.

"Yucky?" He questioned and you laughed quietly, but your Aunt Pat jumped in.

"Oh (Y/N), I hope after all this time you don't still call him that," she scolded, and you hung your head chastised. Aunt Pat turned to explain to Jimin and Tae.

"Bob's friend from when we were stationed in Korea, Kyung-Soo, had a nephew about (Y/N)'s age and we thought it was a great idea to have the kids become pen pals and write to each other," she said. "You guys wrote to each other for a while there didn't you?"

You thought about it for a few minutes and were about to respond when Yoongi jumped in.

"About five years I think," he said and all five of you turned to stare at him.

"What?" You asked.

Yoongi grinned and started to chuckle.

"My Uncle was in the Army after the war and stayed in for a while. Eventually he decided he wanted to get some different experiences than just standing at the wall and offered to go help the Americans. He got stuck with a battalion of American Marines and found only one guy out of the whole group who was willing to try and talk to him. My Uncle's English was not so good, and his friend's Korean was worse, but they worked through their problems," Yoongi said as you all stared at him.

He looked directly at Uncle Bob.

"My Uncle still talks to his friend Byungcheol about once a month, and my aunt and her American friend still write each other letters. My uncle and aunt speak about their friends Bob and Pat quite often. My aunt strongly encouraged me to write to their friends niece and I wrote to (childhood nickname) about stuff in school and how much I just wanted to play music for several years," said Yoongi.

Uncle Bob sat back in his chair and rubbed his ear a bit. "Huh..." was his only response.

You struggled and finally reached a very weird conclusion.

"Yoongi... are you saying that you know Ming Yucky," you started to laugh.

"No Babygirl, I'm saying Ming Yucky is a horrible translation of Min Yoongi as done by an 8-year-old, and I bet that (childhood nickname) is a terrible version of (Y/N)," said a very smug Yoongi and you sat back in your chair in shock.

"No way, that's too crazy," you said out loud and your aunt giggled.

"Now girlie, are you telling me after all these years you didn't just invite your pen pal and his friends to come over and visit the United States?" she teased. But you couldn't respond at all you were just struck dumb. That level of coincidence was too great.

"It's just now 1am in Daegu, my uncle might still be awake," said Yoongi but Uncle Bob stopped him and got out his phone.

Swiping through his phone, he held up a contact list and Yoongi read it and pulled out his own phone. The names and contact information matched.

Jimin and Tae were confused, and your aunt was doing her best to explain everything, but you didn't think it was going well, but you were still too flabbergasted to try to help explain. Yoongi finally leaned over and grabbed Jimin's hand.

"Jiminie, my (Y/N) and I have apparently really known each other since we were 8, not since January like we thought."

Tae's jaw dropped and he looked back and forth between the two of you. Then he started looking around the kitchen, going so far as to stand up and open up some cupboards.

"Tae what are you doing," you asked him before Jimin dragged him back to his chair.

"Looking for cameras, this has dramatic film script written all over it and I don't remember signing up for that!" Tae exclaimed and you had to laugh. He was right, this was crazy. But it also made a certain amount of sense.

You and Yoongi had become so comfortable with each other, so quickly, you had to wonder if this was something that contributed to that.

~Author's Note~

I'm with Tae here btw

So...... that wasn't supposed to happen, but when you watch too many K-Drama's in a row and they ALL have the "secret childhood connection trope" things get in your head, so... here we go.

Super Cringe/Extra Cheese I know I know

Mian Chingu! 미안친구

Your Aunt Pat was still confused, so you thought you'd add to that so that all of you were as confused as each other.

"Aunt Pat...Remember the concert I made you go to at Soldier Field when I was 26," you started, and she automatically covered her ears and winced as she always did when you brought that up.

"(Y/N) you don't want to go again, do you? It was so loud, and so..."

"Cold."

Your Aunt Pat started to speak but Jimin, Tae and Yoongi all chimed in the word, and you giggled at your aunt's face.

"Did you boys attend too," she asked.

Jimin replied before you could.

"No madam. We were the ones on stage," he said smiling and your Aunt Pat delighted you when she stood up and screamed for a second before racing around the table and hugging you. Squeezing you tight, she turned to Yoongi and then back to you again.

"Is that Cookie," she asked, and you quickly corrected her before things got more confused.

"You mean Suga, Aunt Pat," and she smiled.

"That's right there was one whose name was Baby Kookie and one who was a Cookie," she mumbled and then spun to Jimin and Tae. She squinted her eyes for a second trying to remember and both boys went full aegyo for moment and turned back to you and she squeaked.

"You're the dancer," she said turning back to Jimin. "I didn't recognize you; I think you were a redhead then."

She turned to Tae and thought hard.

"It's ok," started Tae but Aunt Pat stopped him. "You're one of the basses, but which one," she said and then stared back and forth between the boys. "You're the singer not the leader," she finally decided, and Tae broke into a huge smile.

"Why am I a cookie," grumbled Yoongi and your face immediately broke into a mega blush, and you closed your eyes and waited. Sure enough, your Aunt Pat did not disappoint.

She simply patted you on the shoulder before speaking.

"Because (Y/N) kept saying you were a snack, Min Yoongi," and patted you on the shoulder again before turning around to steal hugs from Jimin and Tae before sitting down again.

You weren't entirely certain you were going to recover from that level of embarrassment when Yoongi leaned over and whispered in your ear.

"A snack Babygirl, that sounds flattering," he breathed in your ear, and you knew that one would not die down quickly.

"You remember my idea for Yoongisicles," you mumbled under your breath and Yoongi turned to you with his eyebrow raised up. "Popsicles are snacks too...." You stared at Yoongi waiting for him to get it and thankfully he did.

His own adorable blush stole across his cheeks before he leaned in again.

"Can you wait until we get home before you start snacking, Babygirl?" Yoongi breathed on your ear as he spoke. Drat that man, he knew exactly what that did to your brain and your blush deepened until Tae coughed. Yoongi reached around and brought you in for a hug and you burrowed into his chest, while he spoke to your Uncle Bob about his own uncle and aunt.

Your uncle took a few seconds to respond to Yoongi and you pushed out of Yoongi's arms and sat back up to the table. You didn't want to embarrass yourself or your family, or even Yoongi by suddenly becoming a clingy burr against Yoongi, but damn if when he did stuff like that you didn't think it might be nice to have some alone time again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 17.3K 34
[COMPLETED] ✓ #BreakTheSilenceAwards2020 "He's dead.." (27 Chapters) You are a retired stylist from Bighit and decided to go to America for a few yea...
179K 5.2K 26
Lilly is a 17 year old girl that is about to garaduate high school. Unfortunately her music teacher will send her to South Korea to another teacher t...
26.7K 1.8K 114
MYGFF BOOK 3:3 "While I wish we could have avoided certain things, there's been a lot of good as well. And during the tour, there will be good and b...
24.1K 1.6K 76
MYGFF BOOK 2:3 "When someone talks about the five stages of grief, it's pretty simple. Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and finally Acceptance...