The First Light

By AelinAshryver07

" One black coffee." A deep voice said and I snapped my head to the side to see a raven head and as he turned... More

Author's Note
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter 1 : Winks and mischievous smiles
Chapter 2: Flats butts and Black coffee
Chapter 3: Hogwarts and Hot Pink Heels
Chapter 4: Smooth as Extra Chunky Peanut Butter
Chapter 5 : YOLO and Bar Reds
Chapter 6 : Cute Blue eyed Idiots
Chapter 7: R.I.P to My Cute Ears
Chapter 8 : Who Says No to Free Food?
Chapter 9 : Rise and Shine
Chapter 10 : Pricks and Angel Boys
Chapter 11: Fairies, Faeries and FBI Skills
Chapter 12: Sofishticated Rich Jerks
Aesthetics - 2
Chapter 13: I'm Buddha
Chapter 14 : Energetic Rabbits and Drama Queens
Chapter 15 : It's Not Ice cream!
Chapter 16 : Soup is For Sick People.
Chapter 17 : Red Code
Chapter 18 : Shirtless Guys and Soulmates
Chapter 19 : I'm. Not. A. Midget
Chapter 20 : Date Night
Chapter 21 : Lots of Smooches
Chapter 22 : Forever
Chapter 23 : Koala
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 : Sneaky Bastard
Chapter 26 : Dinner
Chapter 27 : Bad Willow
Chapter 28 : Paris sites!
Chapter 29 : Flynn Ryder
Chapter 30 : Three Words
Chapter 31 : His Girlfriend
Chapter 32 : Those Dimples
Chapter 33 : Mine
Chapter 34 : Revenge is Sweeter
Chapter 35 : Insecure
Chapter 37 : JUMP!
Chapter 38 : Bonfire
Chapter 39 : Holy-
Chapter 40 : Unknown Number
Chapter 41 : Nevertheless
Chapter 42 : New Beginnings
Chapter 43 : Please
Chapter 44 : Hurt
Chapter 45 : Guest
Chapter 46 : Over
Epilogue
More Works
Important Message
Bonus : 1

Chapter 36 : Drowned Rats

5.8K 189 22
By AelinAshryver07

Chocolate wrappers littered all around us, I had my feet pulled up to my chest and was pouting up at a highly amused Az. After having a large breakfast of chocolate pancakes and a mug of hot chocolate, we have been stuck in the car for about six hours now and I'm dying out of curiosity.

"Did we reach?" I asked for the nth time.

"No, sweetheart. We didn't." He chuckled and grabbed my hand, lightly kissing my knuckles.

"Then when will we reach?"

"Hmm, in another six hours if we are lucky?" He shrugged like it was no big deal.

"Six?! I'm going to have grey hairs by that time!" I gasped.

"Relax, we're almost there." He laughed

"Oh, good good." I mumbled and snuggled back to the seat. We had passed the city and now all I could see was dense forest on either side and a lot hairpin turns.

"You not taking me to push me off a cliff are you?" I asked seriously.

Hey, you can never say.

"Hmmm, I don't know. You have been quite annoying." He muttered.

"You know what they say, boys only want love if it's torture." I grinned.

He gave me an incredulous look.

"First of all, stop quoting Taylor Swift and second thing, I'm not a boy. I'm a man, darling." He scoffed.

"Right." I snorted.

"Hey! Are you questioning my manliness?" He asked indignantly.

"Maybe I am."

"Then I just have to prove you, I guess." And he pulled up, grabbing me by my waist and hauling me into his lap. I let out a high pitched squeal.

"What were you saying baby?" He whispered huskily into my ear making me shudder slightly. I could just feel him smile against me, no doubt mentally gloating about his effect on me.

Just then the phone rang.

Darn it.

Az let out a groan and dropped his head on my shoulder, "Just ignore it, please." He whined.

I fished it out of my bag and Mel's name flashed on the screen. Az leaned in to get a view, "You're going to take it, aren't you ?" He sighed.

I nodded my head like a bobble head, "Sorry buddy, chicks before d-"

"Okay, okay I get." He muttered. Giving him an apologetic smile- to which he huffed- I picked up the call.

"Hey Mel-"

"Hi lil' Will!" Zach chirped.

"Uhhh......Zach tell me the truth did you kill my bestie?" I asked slightly worried. Just slightly.

"Maybe." He slyly replied.

"Nah, I don't believe you. Mel will kill you easily." I tsked.

"Hey! Have some faith in me. Right tiny woman?" I could practically imagine him pouting as he asked that to Mel.

I could also here Mel cursing in the background.

"You know, I should probably wash your mouth with soap, tiny. You curse like a sailor." He deadpanned.

Mel cursed more. And Azrael scoffed before taking the phone from me making me protest.

I was having so much fun listening to them.

Ugh.

"Quit flirting, asshole and tell us why the fuck you called." He snapped.

Oh.

Homie is mad.

"Babe!" Zach squealed in a high pitched voice making Az groan and me giggle silently.

"Did I interrupt your sexy time?" He teased.

Yes, he had.

And sounded a bit to smug about it too.

"I'm going to cut the call." Az snapped.

"Wait! I wanted to ask if you want us to buy snacks and stuff. We're stopping to get ice cream." He said.

"Where did you even find ice cream here?" Az asked sounding quite resigned.

"Because I'm awesome and you're not."

"Fuck you."

"Sorry babe, I don't swing that way."

"Bye."

"Fine, they have dark chocolate cake. None for you, I guess. Only for lil' Will."

Ha.

"Whatever. I don't care."

"Don't cry when we all eat, babe." He said and hung up.

Az huffed in disbelief, "Did this asshole just cut the call?" He muttered.

I patted his arm sympathetically, "It's fine baby. I'll give you some of mine." I said and paused, "Or not." I added as an afterthought.

He glared at me and then smirked, "It's fine, I'll just eat you then." He mumbled and I screamed as he started biting my cheeks playfully.

"Eww! Get away from me you crazy dog!" I yelled.

"Never."

___________________________

"Wow......." I mumbled as I looked around the individual glass domes.

We are staying here.

In a glass dome.

Wow.

There were probably about ten of them, each situated a few meters away from each other and each one of the domes had like a small canopy of trees in the front to give privacy.

You know.

And the view around was even more breathtaking, in the centre of it was a huge bonfire with benches and comfy looking chairs around. And there was a cliff too.

I jumped out of the car before Az could come open the door and raced towards the cliff. Just as I reached a hand snaked around my waist, holding me back. Ugh.

"Nooo." I whined and leaned down to see beautiful, green lake below, the cliff was not that tall, about fifteen feet or so.

"Nope. It's dangerous, baby." Az said, holding me back tightly by the waist. I wiggled against his grip bit he unfortunately didn't even move an inch.

Damn him and his stupid strength.

He lifted me up and walked backwards towards where I could spot Alex, Alec, Ellie and a red curly haired girl.

That must be Elektra. Wow, she looks freakishly like Merida.

"Hey Wil, Az." Alec said as we reached, "Okay, so Wil this is Elektra and Elektra this is Willow, Azrael's girl."

"Hi Willow!" Elektra smiled, all pearly white teeth on show. She even had the accent. And pretty blue eyes.

I'm surrounded by good looking people.

"Hi Elektra, you're so gorgeous!" I babbled before I could stop myself. Az chuckled and kissed my cheek and Elektra was blushing so hard that her freckles was not seen.

"Thank you." She mumbled shyly, fiddling with her fingers.

Awww.

I just want to pinch her cheeks.

But before I could do it I was interrupted by a grumble and the sound of someone shivering. Turning around, I clamped my mouth shut to prevent myself from cackling like a hyena.

A drenched Zach and Mel was walking towards us, shivering. The boys snorted.

"What happened to you both?" I asked.

Mel scowled, "Pretty boy here wanted to take a selfie in front of the cliff, I told him it was a bad idea but he said he wanted a new sexy profile picture and guess what? He fell of the fucking cliff like a total idiot and I jumped after him on instinct." She spat.

That's the most I've heard Mel speak.

"Ha! S-so you do t-think I'm p-pretty." Zach grinned while shivering.

Mel face palmed. Az let out a laugh.

Zach turned towards him with mischievous eyes.

Oh.

Az took a step back like any wise person.

"Think t-this is f-funny, Azzie?" He asked.

"A bit. You look like a drowned rat." He drawled.

Zach walked closer to him, "You mean a h-handsome drowned r-rat?"

"You wis-." Before Az could complete, Zach pounced on him, tackling him to the ground in a bear hug.

"Leave me you, asshole! Fuck, Raps help me!" He yelled and thrashed around, trying to get out his embrace.

Zach continued to cling to him.

I laughed and took pictures like the good girlfriend I was.

"Will! Help me, you're supposed to help your boyfriend! Fuck leave me." He yelled.

I continued to laugh. Finally he managed to shake him off and he looked down at himself in disgust. He looked exactly like a drowned rat.

A handsome drowned rat indeed.

I let out a snort and he glared at me, before lifting the corner of his lips in a smirk.

Gulping, I turned around to flee but came face to face with an expressionless Melantha.

Though I did notice that wickedness in her eyes.

She shook her head like a wet dog and I yelped, darting away but my back collided with a very familiar chest.

A very wet chest.

Arms enveloped me before I could blink and I screamed and screeched as Az hugged he tightly.

Great.

Just great.

Now I look like a drenched rat. Just without the handsome part.

I'm just a drowned rat.

My boyfriend laughed before placing a wet kiss on my nose as I scrunched my nose at him, glaring. "Come on, we'll change clothes before you, love, catch a cold and demand for ice cream." He muttered and tried to pull me towards our glass dome/room.

Just as I was about to follow him, a car stopped and a door opened revealing high heels. Expensive.

Ah, Isabitch. Ofcourse.

Wait a second.

I turned to look at Mel, who was already looking at me. I looked down at our wet clothes and then up at her. She was slightly smirking.

I smirked back. Cue the evil laugh.

Isabella.

_________________________

Hey!!!!💃💃💃

How are you guys? How was Christmas?

Ready to welcome 2022?!!?!? Any new year resolution? My resolution is to break all my new year resolution.

How did you like this chapter? Do you like Elektra?

Ps : I've added the pic of the glass dome above.

How you ever had this moment when you look at your bestie and decide to do something stupid? I have. A lot.

Mel and Will rn :

XxAelinAsh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 288 13
"There's just something about you" he said looking at me, almost like he could see my soul "Something about me?... it's the chase Elliot, you'll g...
204K 6.2K 58
"You're my favorite thing." He croaked. "You're all I have left . . . I don't know what I would do if you left me." *** A story built on coffee, awk...
821 49 19
I could feel his whiskey eyes on me. Felt him stabbing me with his staring. "Can you stop?" I finally pointed it out after being too.. nervous? "St...
7.3K 300 35
Created by me, in my journal originally, but I'm changing a few things. One day, Aine, a college student, is left alone in the house and suddenly a s...